PDA

View Full Version : The Majors - Boring.

virge666
11th August 2013, 08:48 PM
So it happens each year - we get the 4 majors... but I am just not feeling it.

The Masters, great comp - well covered, little bit too smaltzy, but hey, it is the Masters and an Aussie won it

The US Open, 2nd Worst major of the year, watching the best in the world just get pummeled for four days is just not good TV. It is something to tape and fast forward through to the good tantrums.

The Open, my personal favorite, not just for the Euro commentators setting the scene better than the US counterparts. But most of all the consistency and fairness of the course... Both the bombers or the bump and runners can win it.

The PGA Champs - Holy shit, can it be any more boring... miss a fairway by 3 yards and it is unplayable... miss it by 30 yards and it is a perfect lie. I am truly struggling to care about who does what with whatever. Even with an Aussie leading. Stupidly thick rough with slow greens takes half of the field out of it. When Phil is chunking the ball 3 feet in front of himself - I am off to watch the cricket. There is no balance and to me the Balance is watch makes the event watchable.

I would rather watch The Players, or the Memorial or one of the World Golf Champs than half of the above. I am not sure if it is all the build up followed by the lack of anything happening... but I just don't care.

Gentlemen.... Your thoughts ?

meh
11th August 2013, 09:00 PM
Agreed. Although I quite like watching the us open and pga. Euro commentary craps all over the us.

simmsy
11th August 2013, 09:06 PM
The PGA is shit usually. Never liked it.
Love the masters and the open. Can give or take the us open.

Loved the sky commentators taking the piss out of the crowds today.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2013, 09:18 PM
The Canadian Open should be the 4th Major.

simmsy
11th August 2013, 09:20 PM
No way.
The Aussie Open and their mustard jacket.

Wtf were they thinking when they came up with that

GuyIncognito
11th August 2013, 09:38 PM
the PGA is a distant fourth in my eyes.

idgolfguy
11th August 2013, 09:41 PM
Have not bothered watching...this year.

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2013, 09:47 PM
the PGA is a distant fourth in my eyes. It's like the NSW champs.

markTHEblake
11th August 2013, 10:08 PM
Is there a major on now?

Pirelli
11th August 2013, 10:55 PM
The PGA is always a little disappointing. I think the Open is the best followed by the US Open

Johnny Canuck
11th August 2013, 11:08 PM
No way. The Aussie Open and their mustard jacket. Wtf were they thinking when they came up with that In all honesty, I have always felt the 4th major should be another big, historic tourny like the Aussie open.

Lagerlover
11th August 2013, 11:12 PM
I still think camera work and production here is better than anywhere else.

razaar
11th August 2013, 11:31 PM
Golf is really not a spectator sport through a lens. A two dimensional view distorts reality and leaves out topography details that are relevant to play which are missing on the screen. IMO TV coverage is far superior to what was channelled before 2000. The PGA Championship has always been the minor Major. It has only been in recent years that the PGA have set up the course similar to what the USGA has done with the US Opens.

The reality with the elite level of golf these days is that there is very little separating the top 60 players. It usually comes down to who gets the lucky breaks and who putts the best.

timah!
11th August 2013, 11:34 PM
Sorry V, I love the US Open. I didn't for a while, but in recent years its really grown on me. It makes a great change from winning totals of -26 and so on.

But yeah, if it weren't a major the PGA wouldn't rate at all...

PerryGroves
12th August 2013, 05:29 AM
Virge, perhaps they set it up too tight at Merion but I loved seeing Justin Rose pierce long iron after long iron and he was a deserving winner. The drive and second he hit into the last is what my version of golf is about. The other enjoyable bit about the US Open is exposing guys who can't hit it, Mahan and Zach woukd be in that category.

THE PGA, meh, poor mans US Open however until they take Jacks off him it isnt going anywhere.

sms316
12th August 2013, 06:22 AM
Sorry V, I love the US Open. I didn't for a while, but in recent years its really grown on me. It makes a great change from winning totals of -26 and so on. But yeah, if it weren't a major the PGA wouldn't rate at all... Agreed. I reckon it actually highlights their grinding and just how good they are.

sms316
12th August 2013, 06:27 AM
On another note, NBC have lost the rights to the US Open and Fox will now have it. Greg Norman will be one of the commentators.

meh
12th August 2013, 06:30 AM
On another note, NBC have lost the rights to the US Open and Fox will now have it. Greg Norman will be one of the commentators.

Who else?

goughy
12th August 2013, 06:40 AM
Since most of it isn't on FTA, I can say I love the Masters, but know nothing of the others.

sms316
12th August 2013, 07:11 AM
Who else? Dunno. It only happened a couple of days ago.

Dotty
12th August 2013, 07:14 AM
It's like the NSW champs.
That's only because we run our champs and the mardi gras as separate events.

razaar
12th August 2013, 07:59 AM
On another note, NBC have lost the rights to the US Open and Fox will now have it. Greg Norman will be one of the commentators.lets hope that Miller isn't part of the commentary team. With Norman it would be replacing one with another of the same.

meh
12th August 2013, 08:08 AM
Are you referring to them being know-it-alls? A bit rich coming from you, no?

Goldy
12th August 2013, 08:22 AM
Seriously...how does Furyk not get penalised for the time he takes to putt?

TheAwesom1
12th August 2013, 08:26 AM
Tour Championship > PGA Championship imo.

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2013, 08:44 AM
That's only because we run our champs and the mardi gras as separate events. The game is much easier with bigger holes.

razaar
12th August 2013, 08:51 AM
Are you referring to them being know-it-alls? A bit rich coming from you, no?Did my comments comparing Miller to Norman as commentators offend you? All commentators know it all, the better ones are selective about what they say.

meh
12th August 2013, 09:10 AM
Did my comments comparing Miller to Norman as commentators offend you? All commentators know it all, the better ones are selective about what they say.

Hardly offended, just laughable for you to be knocking someone for a trait you have in abundance.

meh
12th August 2013, 09:10 AM
Did my comments comparing Miller to Norman as commentators offend you? All commentators know it all, the better ones are selective about what they say.

Hardly offended, just laughable for you to be knocking someone for a trait you have in abundance.

razaar
12th August 2013, 09:13 AM
Hardly offended, just laughable for you to be knocking someone for a trait you have in abundance.Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

matty
12th August 2013, 10:04 AM
I looked forward to all the majors. Less so the PGA. The 4th should be an Australian event but the yanks obviously have the say.

The only thing I thought was a bit stupid was the extreme rough around the greens at the PGA. I find it takes away from a great short game.

meh
12th August 2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

Good for you. Not many would think being referred to as a pious windbag is complimentary.
I think you might be related to rubin.

Yossarian
12th August 2013, 11:05 AM
Meh you really are an angry man.

popper81
12th August 2013, 11:09 AM
Meh you really are an angry man.

Needs more time in a cart...

sms316
12th August 2013, 11:10 AM
Tour Championship > PGA Championship imo. Are you on drugs? There are 30 people in the Tour Championship field.

backintheswing
12th August 2013, 11:13 AM
Needs more time in a cart...

That's my job!

TheAwesom1
12th August 2013, 11:14 AM
Are you on drugs? There are 30 people in the Tour Championship field.

Its the FED EX Cup finale. 10 mil for the Winner. Great TV.

popper81
12th August 2013, 11:18 AM
That's my job!

Hence your relaxed attitude to life ;)

razaar
12th August 2013, 11:23 AM
Good for you. Not many would think being referred to as a pious windbag is complimentary.
I think you might be related to rubin.oh is that what you meant in your reference to similar traits to Norman and Miller. Your comments are irrelevant, can't be relied on, in other words you mislead. If you understand what Meh means you will get the drift.

IamViva
12th August 2013, 11:25 AM
is meh an approved alias of jaybams?

timah!
12th August 2013, 11:43 AM
is meh an approved alias of jaybams?

Nope, meh is the revamped profile of a jackass ;)

Vice MC
12th August 2013, 11:46 AM
I personally like Razaars wealth of knowledge...it is a forum where people put their views across isn't it? Are you a small man meh? you come across as maybe someone with small man syndrome

sms316
12th August 2013, 12:13 PM
Its the FED EX Cup finale. 10 mil for the Winner. Great TV. Gee you're ****ed in the head. The event only includes players from one tour.

Lagerlover
12th August 2013, 12:22 PM
So much love here, keep it going boys... nice big daisy chain

TheNuclearOne
12th August 2013, 12:30 PM
So much love here, keep it going boys... nice big daisy chain

:mrgreen:

SundayHack
12th August 2013, 12:46 PM
The PGA Championship and Jason Duffner go hand in hand. Both are as boring as bat shit.

mrbluu
12th August 2013, 12:51 PM
The PGA Champs do bore me too and they lost me a couple years ago when in their wisdom declare everything a bunker then let the crowd walk thru them, then they followed it up with, nothing is a bunker I think last year...doesn't make sense to me.

But it's still a major and I will still watch it, especially one of my favorite players are in contention or leading.

markTHEblake
12th August 2013, 01:03 PM
The US PGA has for a long time held the strongest fields of all the majors because they have a higher % of the top 100 and the rest if the field is stronger too. primarily they don't let choppers play and it's not "open". One could argue that the PGA is the toughest major to win, that so many unknowns win it that just might be a testimony to the depth of field argument.
Hardly offended, just laughable for you to be knocking someone for a trait you have in abundance.How can you tell?

Pirelli
12th August 2013, 01:27 PM
lets hope that Miller isn't part of the commentary team. With Norman it would be replacing one with another of the same.

It would be great if they could get Frank Nobilo. He's heads above the rest IMO.

Bushka
12th August 2013, 02:53 PM
Like most i find the PGA to be the most average of the majors. It may have the largest % of the top 100 but it's also the most like a standard pga tour event.

I have to disagree with the sentiment on the US Open though. I really enjoy the struggle the pro's go through to win that, where par is a quality finish rather than stock standard.

The PGA very much seems to lack an identity when compared to the other three members of the major family. That said, it's still incredible to watch.

8081travis
12th August 2013, 05:24 PM
Thought TV coverage of the PGA was horrendous, half the time bloody vision of a stream or some clouds, horrible coverage

Pirelli
12th August 2013, 06:05 PM
Thought TV coverage of the PGA was horrendous, half the time bloody vision of a stream or some clouds, horrible coverage

Can you imagine how good coverage would be if they used protracer on every shot? It makes watching the shots 1000x better. The euro coverage seems to use it more than the US.

davidw88
12th August 2013, 08:51 PM
When I was watching it on one hole the pro tracer was picking up the divots and not the ball

virge666
12th August 2013, 10:37 PM
Also a big fan of the Pro Tracer - I think it is one of the big pluses of the coverage.

They do need to find a way to show contour though...

GuyIncognito
12th August 2013, 10:47 PM
I'd watch ten times more golf if there was pro-tracer on every shot... or at least every tee shot...

Muscles
13th August 2013, 02:29 AM
Sorry V, I love the US Open. I didn't for a while, but in recent years its really grown on me. It makes a great change from winning totals of -26 and so on.

Agreed. I like a comp where the long drivers usually dont win.

matty
13th August 2013, 06:23 AM
Also a big fan of the Pro Tracer - I think it is one of the big pluses of the coverage.

They do need to find a way to show contour though...

Spot on Virge. I think this was discussed in a thread a year ago about ways to make golf coverage more interesting. For all the big tournaments I'd like to see-:
Protracer
Contour overlay flashed up on screen over the green or over the fairway on approach shots. Flash it up then remove it before the shot.
Trackman on every tee that flashed up data. How interesting would that be!! And an app where you can view all Trackman data from all shots.
What club they are definitely hitting.
On course commentary with players.

There is so much more that can be done to make it interesting.

virge666
13th August 2013, 09:04 AM
I have to disagree with the sentiment on the US Open though. I really enjoy the struggle the pro's go through to win that, where par is a quality finish rather than stock standard.

It is not the struggle and it is the lack of quality finish, and pure boredom as no one can chase anyone down. It just comes down to luck, and that is what shits me with it.

If I have to see another shot where the player has to wedge the ball 100 yards down the fairway when he is standing in the first cut and his ball is buried in the primary . . . FFS, the fairway is 20ft wide and unplayable 6 ft off the fairway. BUT, miss it by 30 yards and you get a nice trampled lie.

So, we lose the shotmaking skill of the players, I wont see tiger hook it 40 yards from under a tree, or Phil cut it off pine straw, or any other shot because all the shotmakers have just been taken out of the equation. Phil is taken from being a freak around the greens to a 15 marker playing bunker shots out of every greenside lie. You lose all the momentum, even Jason Day who was shooting low couldn't keep it up cause you miss the fairway or green, all your touch gets taken away.

The only memorable shot i can think of what Blixt shot on Day 4 at 18, which was amazing, but a total fluke as he just shut his eyes and pummeled it as far as he could and it just happened to end up next to the pin.

That being said - Duffner played some amazing golf, nay, some sensational super-golf, it was just boring... so very very boring.

Bushka
13th August 2013, 10:14 AM
I didnt find it nearly as boring as a normal PGA event mostly due to the way Duffner was hitting the ball, god he was exquisite to watch even if he has a face like a smashed crab that just got a tax bill. The PGA is still a solid level below the other three majors for me, Augusta and the British are easily the most appealing too.

virge666
13th August 2013, 10:55 AM
, Augusta and the British are easily the most appealing too.

Yeah mate ... With you there !!

How the **** did you shoot 115 at Bonville ?

Vice MC
13th August 2013, 11:20 AM
Watching the duff come down the stretch was the definate highlight..so so consistent

virge666
13th August 2013, 12:34 PM
Watching the duff come down the stretch was the definate highlight..so so consistent

Yeah - the constant 3 wood and 9 iron were just amazing.

< y a w n >

meh
13th August 2013, 12:53 PM
I personally like Razaars wealth of knowledge...it is a forum where people put their views across isn't it? Are you a small man meh? you come across as maybe someone with small man syndrome

Great stuff. One minute you're allowed to have an opinion yet the very next second you're a small man if you voice it. I'm glad you like his "wealth of knowledge". I find the delivery of it to be obnoxious, long winded and quite often incorrect.

Vice MC
13th August 2013, 12:53 PM
Yeah - the constant 3 wood and 9 iron were just amazing.

< y a w n >

Cmon his approach play + par 3's tee shots were pretty epic. No sign of Sunday nerves unlike most others.. I thought he was gr8 to watch. Furyk on the other hand...laughable

Vice MC
13th August 2013, 12:54 PM
Great stuff. One minute you're allowed to have an opinion yet the very next second you're a small man if you voice it. I'm glad you like his "wealth of knowledge". I find the delivery of it to be obnoxious, long winded and quite often incorrect.

Ha, i love it when im right... Cheer up bozo

meh
13th August 2013, 01:00 PM
Ha, i love it when im right... Cheer up bozo

I really find it amazing when you reply to someone's criticism and you get a comment like this ^^
Don't need any cheering up, champ, I'm very happy not to be you.

virge666
13th August 2013, 01:00 PM
Cmon his approach play + par 3's tee shots were pretty epic. No sign of Sunday nerves unlike most others.. I thought he was gr8 to watch. Furyk on the other hand...laughable

Furyk,

What a cranky old sod he is - he reminds me of the pedophile on "Family Guy". He could be leading by 3 and just sunk a 40ft eagle putt and still have a look like you just ran over his dog.

As for Duff, how good was he, no one would have beaten him on any course, he was dead set unflappable and you're right, his Par 3 were Epic. Did anyone tell Duff-Daddy this ?

Why are golfers so friggin boring... i need Woody Austin and Sergio to win a couple of majors, at least it would be a show.

TheAwesom1
13th August 2013, 01:04 PM
Furyk,

What a cranky old sod he is - he reminds me of the pedophile on "Family Guy". He could be leading by 3 and just sunk a 40ft eagle putt and still have a look like you just ran over his dog.

As for Duff, how good was he, no one would have beaten him on any course, he was dead set unflappable and you're right, his Par 3 were Epic. Did anyone tell Duff-Daddy this ?

Why are golfers so friggin boring... i need Woody Austin and Sergio to win a couple of majors, at least it would be a show.

Imagine Poulter winning one

KristianJ
13th August 2013, 01:16 PM

Unless 10 million was a putt away...

wizard_of_oz
13th August 2013, 01:16 PM
I guess the PGA championship was not as interesting because there was no epic meltdowns or no epic come from behind victories. It was good solid play, keeping the ball right in the middle of the fairway. It's not much to talk about at the water cooler. Eg. "Did you see that amazing hole out for birdie by Tiger? What a flop shot out of the rough!" or "Oh man, Kyle Stanley just completely blew it on the 18th by spinning his wedge all the way back into the water". This year? "Did you see Duffner grab his wife's arse?".

Vice MC
13th August 2013, 01:33 PM
I guess the PGA championship was not as interesting because there was no epic meltdowns or no epic come from behind victories. It was good solid play, keeping the ball right in the middle of the fairway. It's not much to talk about at the water cooler. Eg. "Did you see that amazing hole out for birdie by Tiger? What a flop shot out of the rough!" or "Oh man, Kyle Stanley just completely blew it on the 18th by spinning his wedge all the way back into the water". This year? "Did you see Duffner grab his wife's arse?".

Yep. Loved the arse grab

virge666
13th August 2013, 02:56 PM
IThis year? "Did you see Duffner grab his wife's arse?".

Yep - the arse grab was a better spectacle than the golf...

timah!
13th August 2013, 04:17 PM
Yep - the arse grab was a better spectacle than the golf...

Cue '18 holes of grinding' joke?

razaar
13th August 2013, 04:35 PM
Great stuff. One minute you're allowed to have an opinion yet the very next second you're a small man if you voice it. I'm glad you like his "wealth of knowledge". I find the delivery of it to be obnoxious, long winded and quite often incorrect.only too happy to be corrected and proven wrong on content, we all learn that way. Personal attacks may get attention but they inevitably reflect on the attacker's lack of knowledge to post an alternative point of view.

meh
13th August 2013, 05:09 PM
only too happy to be corrected and proven wrong on content, we all learn that way. Personal attacks may get attention but they inevitably reflect on the attacker's lack of knowledge to post an alternative point of view.

Riiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. So you call me ignorant and yet somehow that is not a personal attack?!? To be honest, I get half way through one of your tedious sermons and switch off. Next time I can be bothered reading your blather I will post an alternative view.

sms316
13th August 2013, 05:20 PM
Riiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. So you call me ignorant and yet somehow that is not a personal attack?!? To be honest, I get half way through one of your tedious sermons and switch off. Next time I can be bothered reading your blather I will post an alternative view. How do you know it is "often incorrect" when you don't read much of it?

meh
13th August 2013, 05:23 PM
Back on topic. Completely agree on pro tracer, contours and not enough actual golf. Watching furyk line up and walk away is pointless. Maybe they could take ground level footage prior to the tournament of the greens from front right left and back.

meh
13th August 2013, 05:26 PM
How do you know it is "often incorrect" when you don't read much of it?

That's why I stop reading it ;)
Seriously though, if you like what he says, fine. But don't say I have small man syndrome just because I don't like it.

virge666
13th August 2013, 05:40 PM
Back on topic. Completely agree on pro tracer, contours and not enough actual golf. Watching furyk line up and walk away is pointless. Maybe they could take ground level footage prior to the tournament of the greens from front right left and back.

If they did some kind of 3d modelling with shading... you might have a chance.

but all the writing they do for the NFL and other tech - they should be able to show the shading to show contour on the green

matty
13th August 2013, 05:50 PM

You reminded me of another thing. Lay off the putting. Unless it's a great putt from someone in the field or its going to change the position of someone in the top 10, I don't need to see it. Show me anything else eg Mrs Dufner or approach/tee shots, swing vision, slow mo's, etc

matty
13th August 2013, 05:51 PM
Thank god for iq.

Vice MC
13th August 2013, 07:42 PM
That's why I stop reading it ;)
Seriously though, if you like what he says, fine. But don't say I have small man syndrome just because I don't like it.

I was jokin mate cos u sounded very angry..i dont know you from a bar of soap.:)

agree with showing less putting, it is tedious watching them all day.. cept the good ones. I love hearing the discussions between player and caddy but they rarely give ya that. Instead its bloody feherty

markTHEblake
13th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Riiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. So you call me ignorant and yet somehow that is not a personal attack?!?

Reading only half is being ignorant of the other half.

Bushka
14th August 2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah mate ... With you there !!

How the **** did you shoot 115 at Bonville ?

Hah we actually just didn't put cards in shot about 95 though first time playing on greens with grain totally blew my mind

Bushka
14th August 2013, 08:38 AM
Last year there was a nationwide event where they had a bunch of players and caddies miced up and it was bloody brilliant stuff. Way more interesting than watching someone reading the green that looks flat on tv for five minutes hearing the thought process and interplay was superb

virge666
14th August 2013, 08:47 AM
Last year there was a nationwide event where they had a bunch of players and caddies miced up and it was bloody brilliant stuff. Way more interesting than watching someone reading the green that looks flat on tv for five minutes hearing the thought process and interplay was superb

I agree,

I think they are scared of the swearing and 5 hours is a long time to be nice on TV.

mrbluu
14th August 2013, 11:16 PM
I agree,

I think they are scared of the swearing and 5 hours is a long time to be nice on TV.

Yeah but as I understand of the coverage, most of the shots shown are not live anyway....

mrbluu
14th August 2013, 11:17 PM
Thank god for iq.

+1..One of the main reason I got foxtel again....

Lagerlover
15th August 2013, 10:34 AM
Thank god for iq.

+2, all the cool kids have got one...

virge666
15th August 2013, 12:16 PM
Thank god for iq.

+1000

And the 15 second skip feature on the DVR for the Majors and WGC on FTA.

"And here's Joe Seppo who is 7 over sinking a putt from downtown.... < skip > "
"This week on CBS" < skip >
"pgatour.com" < skip >
"Fantasy football < skip >
"Snoopy 2 giving us coverage < skip >

etc etc etc . . .

mike
15th August 2013, 09:35 PM
Haha. All the reasons I don't/can't watch USPGA anymore. It's unbearable.

mike
15th August 2013, 09:36 PM
You forgot the leaderboards being on screen for 3 minutes.

razaar
16th August 2013, 09:55 AM
It may be boring but it is the only way we get to see the world's top golfers in action. The feeds we see include substitute fillings in place of the commercials that exist on American coverage. If international feeds don't have local sponsors then we are at the mercy of the TV producer/ director at the course. A couple of years ago I sent an e-mail to Fox complaining about the limited air time given to actual play during the third rounds of USPGA events. That was pretty much the reply I received back from our local Fox Sports people.

bergsey
16th August 2013, 10:06 AM
In its heyday the Australasian tour coverage was the best. 80% tee to green and 20% putting. The US coverage is other way round... far too much time seeing putts being lined up

simmsy
16th August 2013, 04:47 PM
Time to shake things up perhaps.
Have a shotclock on each green. Gets reset for each player the moment the previous shot comes to a stop.

Find out who really is clutch

virge666
19th August 2013, 08:37 PM
Gents,

If anyone needs to know why rough makes golf boring, look no further than today's finish to the Wyndham championship.

Two fantastic recovery shots played by two young fellas ... The final shot by Reed is one of the best golf shots you will ever see.

It is never going to happen when the rough in ankle high.

aym
21st August 2013, 01:54 PM
If they did some kind of 3d modelling with shading... you might have a chance.

but all the writing they do for the NFL and other tech - they should be able to show the shading to show contour on the green

Pretty sure they can with IR or Radar or something... I am guessing it cost a crap load to implement.

I saw a doco once where they bounced radio wave off the walls of a cave and then it maps out the whole thing, but the device was like tripod thing that had to sit in the middle of the cave.. not sure how this will work for a golf course..

3Puttpete
21st August 2013, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure they can with IR or Radar or something... I am guessing it cost a crap load to implement.

I saw a doco once where they bounced radio wave off the walls of a cave and then it maps out the whole thing, but the device was like tripod thing that had to sit in the middle of the cave.. not sure how this will work for a golf course..

Fish finder on each flag? Sorted.

Jmac
22nd August 2013, 02:07 PM
Love the Open and the Masters. The other two I keep a passing interest in just to see how the Aussies go.

Ferrins
31st August 2013, 11:25 AM
Been watching the Champions tour for 20 mins and have seen nothing but putts on the green. FFS there also must have been a bag of weed smoked by the cameraman. All over the place.

Bushka
2nd September 2013, 10:43 AM
Champions tour is horrific worst coverage ever they just cover fat old bastards putting

virge666
2nd September 2013, 11:03 AM
For anyone that saw Phil play yesterday.

Some of the best golf you will see this year. The guy hit it everywhere on the back nine and played some sensational recovery shots.

One in particular from the shit short and right of the green is IMO one of the best shots this year !

THAT is why I think some the majors are boring. This kind of thing never happens when the rough is 8 inches high.

sms316
2nd September 2013, 11:24 AM
For anyone that saw Phil play yesterday.

Some of the best golf you will see this year. The guy hit it everywhere on the back nine and played some sensational recovery shots.

One in particular from the shit short and right of the green is IMO one of the best shots this year !

THAT is why I think some the majors are boring. This kind of thing never happens when the rough is 8 inches high.
Indeed. He should have had about 80 yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA2-DEEkU9M

idgolfguy
2nd September 2013, 11:44 AM
Philly is looking quite fit!