PDA

View Full Version : Want a challenge? Play Stonecutters off the back plates!

Stuartd147
9th August 2013, 09:23 AM
Played their Monster Thursday at Stonecutters at their back plate challenge yesterday. It was a mixture of rain, 6 degree wind chills and 2 club winds...F%^$#k! it was tough. We had a 7/8/9 markers and the best was 27 points (21-27 was the range). Three of their 1 markers on the scoreboard only made 24 points. Best in for A-grade when we left was 35 next was 31 I think.

Course is in great nick. We will be back but we will wait until it warms up in 3-4 months...oh and I got introduced to Jack Daniel's with honey! How long has that been around, made the trip home very nice indeed:lol:

....Stu

mrbluu
9th August 2013, 01:30 PM
What Thursday month is that?

GuyIncognito
9th August 2013, 01:30 PM
im in for the next one, loved the track.

virge666
9th August 2013, 04:40 PM
I am up for that too.

Where was the invite ?

matty
9th August 2013, 05:19 PM
Some of the approach shots in get a lot tighter from the back plates. Would've been nasty conditions!

peter_rs
9th August 2013, 05:21 PM
Honey is old news

davepuppies
10th August 2013, 06:10 PM
Yep, played Stonecutters on Friday with Matty (albeit off the front markers, not the plates) and loved every moment of it.

I am chomping at the bit to go back!

Humphrey
16th October 2013, 06:47 PM
Glad you boys liked it...You'll get plenty of run at the moment !!
Greens were cored a few weeks back so in a month (champs time) if should be great 8)

ozbrother
17th October 2013, 01:18 AM
A Thursday mid-week comp there is it?? Any other weekdays??

GuyIncognito
17th October 2013, 01:43 AM
I'm guessing it's the second Thursday of the month so seems like we've missed it again, lock in November someone!

mrbluu
17th October 2013, 11:23 AM
I'm guessing it's the second Thursday of the month so seems like we've missed it again, lock in November someone!

Can't do the November one, but can do December if anyone is keen.

mrbluu
17th October 2013, 11:23 AM
A Thursday mid-week comp there is it?? Any other weekdays??

They have Tuesday too

meh
21st November 2013, 10:31 AM
Anyone played stonecutters lately? What nick is it in?

GuyIncognito
21st November 2013, 11:02 AM
we doing the plate challenge in december?

mrbluu
21st November 2013, 11:03 AM
yep, I will be booking a couple of groups cos I need to play at 7am.

Horse
23rd November 2013, 03:28 PM
I played with a mate on the 14th on the back plate challenge. The course was in good shape but the greens were very slow compared to how they normally play. The guys we played with said they had been really quick for the club champs but not cutting them the same length during the week. It was a little disappointing. If they are going to keep them that long I will be playing St Michael's next time.

mrbluu
23rd November 2013, 07:03 PM
I played with a mate on the 14th on the back plate challenge. The course was in good shape but the greens were very slow compared to how they normally play. The guys we played with said they had been really quick for the club champs but not cutting them the same length during the week. It was a little disappointing. If they are going to keep them that long I will be playing St Michael's next time.

Agreed, slow greens are shit to play on!!!

Humphrey
28th November 2013, 07:52 PM
Agreed, slow greens are shit to play on!!!
I agree, but I played on Tuesday with the old man and he raved about the condition of the course (and he's a tough marker). I think it's better now than when the champs were on, the greens were really slow the first week.
The greens were great on Tuesday, and the fairways were green...perfect 8)

mrbluu
28th November 2013, 08:25 PM
I agree, but I played on Tuesday with the old man and he raved about the condition of the course (and he's a tough marker). I think it's better now than when the champs were on, the greens were really slow the first week. The greens were great on Tuesday, and the fairways were green...perfect 8) Good to know....Sony joining us on the 12th?