PDA

View Full Version : Help needed !!!

Monsta
6th August 2013, 10:33 AM
Guys,

I have been having trouble for the last few months with hitting the ball fat... I cannot work out why I am doing it, therefore any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.
A few details, I developed a gheyfade/slice due to not keeping my right arm in on my backswing, basically throwing my arms at it during follow thru. I am now hitting the ball straight again, but everything is chunky. I normall do hit down on the ball, but its getting to the point of having to carry 7 sand buckets and referring to my irons as earth moving equipment rather than golf sticks.

Any ideas??????

sms316
6th August 2013, 10:44 AM
Move the ball back in your stance and keep everything else the same.

(And swing straight).

Daves
6th August 2013, 10:47 AM

(And swing straight).

What SMS said. You are doing something that moves the bottom of your swing back a couple of inches. Move the ball to just behind that spot.

Monsta
6th August 2013, 10:56 AM
Would a narrower stance cause that? One of my playing partners told me after game on Sunday that he thinks I need to widen my stance/feet a bit

sms316
6th August 2013, 11:10 AM
Would a narrower stance cause that? One of my playing partners told me after game on Sunday that he thinks I need to widen my stance/feet a bit Are you getting tips from Benno?

Monsta
6th August 2013, 11:21 AM
Are you getting tips from Spud?

FTFY
Only cooking tips, you know, chips, fries, mashed potato, cottage pie, potato soup...................

Hatchman
6th August 2013, 12:25 PM
Have you developed a, or more of a reverse pivot recently?

From my own experience I tend to hit a lot more fat shots when that starts occurring. It also goes hand in hand with too long a take away dropping past parallel. I find when I try to shorten up the back swing my contact improves and the reverse pivot is not there or greatly reduced.

If that's not an issue go with what sms said.

mint
6th August 2013, 12:39 PM

(And swing straight).

What SMS said

mrbluu
6th August 2013, 01:03 PM
Get some new irons.... New shiny things help all swing flaws!!!

popper81
6th August 2013, 01:19 PM
Message Popper... That fat **** hasn't taken a divot in over 3 years.

#thintowin
#theonlythingihitdownonisahotdog

Monsta
6th August 2013, 01:20 PM
Get some new irons.... New shiny things help all swing flaws!!!

Thanks Binh, :lol: but unlike all you pro shop hoe's I think I will stick with what I've got......................

markTHEblake
6th August 2013, 01:27 PM
Don't go making compensations for flaws you are making before you even start your downswing. Forget all this and fix your stance and backswing. It makes no sense to introduce more swing faults to fix swing faults.

razaar
6th August 2013, 01:40 PM
At a guess your setup at address is favouring a fat shot. Rounded shoulders, level shoulders, left hip higher than the right hip, legs overly bent, poor posture, weight favouring the heels, weight favouring the trail leg - and that's before taking the club back. :)