PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 05 August 2013

Dotty
5th August 2013, 06:53 PM
34 points around Kogarah, at the CBA bank holiday comp.

21 points front nine, 13 back nine. (Not a choke, as started on 12th, with 5 one-pointers in my first 6 holes.)

Good luck of the day - Bunting a 5w to 3m on a 175m p3, then watch the greenkeeper rip up the turf across the front of the green, whilst we were walking up. (My mate had to chip over it.)

TourFit
7th August 2013, 02:34 PM
Played for the 1st time in 5 weeks, and only the 2nd time in 3.5 months. Wasn't expecting anything at all, but surprisingly I shot 81 (34pts).

Had 3 birdies and very nearly a few more. Putted really well on the quick greens.

Walked off very happy, as I had a flagged round dropping off and replaced it with a better number, so had a handicap drop!

JADO75
7th August 2013, 02:56 PM
35pts at Penrith off 6hcp
3 x birds
4 x 1's
3x wipes
New TM Spider Blade putter took a few holes to get used to but once I got used to it, it rolled the rock pretty nicely.

Kenny Powers
7th August 2013, 03:40 PM
9 holes saturday shot 40 was pretty happy with that.
sunday game blew out so bad i stopped scoring. grr

mrbluu
7th August 2013, 09:29 PM
34 points around Kogarah, at the CBA bank holiday comp. 21 points front nine, 13 back nine. (Not a choke, as started on 12th, with 5 one-pointers in my first 6 holes.)Good luck of the day - Bunting a 5w to 3m on a 175m p3, then watch the greenkeeper rip up the turf across the front of the green, whilst we were walking up. (My mate had to chip over it.)You seem to have a thing for long par 3's...

matty
8th August 2013, 09:59 AM
35pts at Penrith off 6hcp
3 x birds
4 x 1's
3x wipes
New TM Spider Blade putter took a few holes to get used to but once I got used to it, it rolled the rock pretty nicely.

Man, you've really turned it around. Good on you.

How'd you go at NSW?

JADO75
8th August 2013, 11:36 AM
Cheers it's getting closer bud, but not chipping it close enough when I do miss a green is costing me at the moment.
NSW was a bust for me, played with a mate that I love like a brother (no homo) but is hard work to play golf with. Ended up with 17pts, pretty much had the shits from the 2nd hole after dealing with old mate & gave up. Wasn't hitting the ball that badly but the care factor was zero, poor form from me for letting old mate get to me but it had been building up awhile.

mrbluu
8th August 2013, 12:50 PM
Cheers it's getting closer bud, but not chipping it close enough when I do miss a green is costing me at the moment.
NSW was a bust for me, played with a mate that I love like a brother (no homo) but is hard work to play golf with. Ended up with 17pts, pretty much had the shits from the 2nd hole after dealing with old mate & gave up. Wasn't hitting the ball that badly but the care factor was zero, poor form from me for letting old mate get to me but it had been building up awhile.

Is that the old mate from the riff that you were telling us about before???

Golfnut
8th August 2013, 01:25 PM
Played for the 1st time in 5 weeks, and only the 2nd time in 3.5 months. Wasn't expecting anything at all, but surprisingly I shot 81 (34pts). Had 3 birdies and very nearly a few more. Putted really well on the quick greens.Walked off very happy, as I had a flagged round dropping off and replaced it with a better number, so had a handicap drop! Nice work mate.....how'd you manage to get out?

JADO75
8th August 2013, 01:51 PM
Not young mate you've played with, old mate you've never met. Old mate costs me & the other boys at least 2 shots minimum a round with a glove rip or something, it's doing my head in.

mrbluu
8th August 2013, 02:22 PM
Not young mate you've played with, old mate you've never met. Old mate costs me & the other boys at least 2 shots minimum a round with a glove rip or something, it's doing my head in. That's the one I meant.....

Badzyy
9th August 2013, 02:40 PM
Had a social round at Ringwood (first round for about 1 1/2 years), shot a 76 which wasn't too bad considering I could barely swing the club on the back 9. Need to get back in shape, been a while...

Rodent
10th August 2013, 12:10 PM
Had a 66 at Barnwell Park for 39 points yesterday...........of course it's only a par 61 (ACR 60) 8)

3Puttpete
10th August 2013, 01:15 PM
73/60.75 in a 2 ball ambrose

popper81
10th August 2013, 01:35 PM
73/60.75 in a 2 ball ambrose

Good job.

Anfield
10th August 2013, 01:53 PM
36pts with 2 wipes at Camden lakeside yesterday. Played with GolfWhang who had 38 and Liptout and MrBluu (I'll let them 2 tell you about their rounds and scores)
Handicap back down to a career low of 15.3 too

Lucasto23
10th August 2013, 03:43 PM
Stab aggregate team had 70pts and contributed 36 pts with 2 wipes and 4 one pointers :)

3Puttpete
10th August 2013, 03:51 PM
Good job.

Cheers. Had to set the tone early with my partner who is convinced he's the world's best 18 handicapper although he plays off 27. 11th hole (started on10) I hit my drive to about 60m short of the green. He pulls hybrid....I threw 2 balls at his feet and told him it looked like he needed a pair. He switched to driver and hit it left into the trees. Good times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

PerryGroves
10th August 2013, 04:35 PM
After complaining about how A graders can't win 4balls, I have probably secured one today.

I started par (2 pts), par (3pts) and wasn't required from then on. My partner had 51pts and we combined for 54pts. Bada bing.

Pirelli
10th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Net 77 in the monthly medal. 6 over on my front 9 and 1 under on the back 9 with a triple on the 2nd last which I wasn't happy about!

Collis
10th August 2013, 08:21 PM
Played a 2 man ambrose today, played with another guy off 18, I'm currently 17. 2 over the front 1 under the back. Hit some great drives and putted well. We had 4 birdies and 2 were all mine.Won the day and think we had the best gross score. Pretty happy as 2 teams were made up of 2 single figure handicappers

Pirelli
11th August 2013, 01:29 PM
31 points today with a scratch on the 2nd last hole. Only needed 32 to drop a shot off the handicap. Frustrating! Will have to wait for next week.

KristianJ
11th August 2013, 05:40 PM
37 points this arvo at Dunheved (18/19). Showed glimpses of my potential with some good scrambling, but wayward off the tee as usual. Wiped our last hole of the day (the 9th) after being in prime position for my approach.

Highlight was chipping in for birdie on the 13th after pulling my approach shot...didn't get to see the ball go in, but one of those rare instances where I actually hit the shot I wanted to.

Nike irons showed some promise as well...

Grunt
11th August 2013, 06:43 PM
Really should be what did you shoot this year with my golf nowadays. Played with the guys at Dunheved.
Was an ugly 30 points with lots of good shots followed by poor ones. Highlights were the couple of pars and to offset these there were the obligatory few wipes in my game.
Might squeeze in one moe game before the champs.

mrbluu
11th August 2013, 08:44 PM
36pts with 2 wipes at Camden lakeside yesterday. Played with GolfWhang who had 38 and Liptout and MrBluu (I'll let them 2 tell you about their rounds and scores)Handicap back down to a career low of 15.3 tooI chopped it deluxe but still beat liptout, who put on a clinic of how to stripe it and not score....

jimandr
11th August 2013, 10:06 PM
Absolute rubbish for 27 points at Dunheved today with KJ and Grunt. The old bad habits came back and I couldn't get comfortable over the ball at all. An early shank off the 13th (our 4th) tee didn't help at all. A few miracle saves were cancelled out by a number of get downs in four from close to the green. A grand total of 3 GIR.

I was starting to enjoy golf, but now I hate it again.

rubin
11th August 2013, 10:54 PM
Stroke at rockingham yesterday. Great start, poor finish.

Started out really well, better than expected after a few weeks off. Made the turn at 42 and was looking good. Prior to teeing off at the 10th, the heavens opened and the course turned to crap, and my golf fell away. Rivers through the greens, lakes appeared in fairways etc. finished the back 9 and made the ton.

Disappointed with the result, as up until the rain started, I was playing pretty well.

Jackson
11th August 2013, 11:03 PM
-3 at the vines, missed 4 putts inside 3 feet, but hit the ball reasonably well by my standards.

Mububban
12th August 2013, 10:19 AM
Had my first ever chip in from off the green yesterday. Pin about 5m into the green and I was about 5m off the green. I actually hit behind the ball so it was a semi chunk, but amazingly it went straight and not too fast and it took the break and in she went http://forums.iseekgolf.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Otherwise it was a fairly typical day of hacking, some good, some bad, most mediocre, but that was definitely the highlight.

Bruce Dickinson
12th August 2013, 10:49 AM
Played first 5 holes of the quarry nine off the reds with my 11 year old daughter, no on else on the course for the first 4 holes. Tried out the new G25 irons and watched an 11 year old with a much better short game than her dad

Monsta
12th August 2013, 10:53 AM
What a weekend,
Saturday stableford 23 points around the front!!!!! followed by a disapointing 13 around the back
Sunday stableford 20 points around the front, 11 around the back.....

Maybe I should only play 9 holes :mad:

Nug300
12th August 2013, 12:48 PM
First round back at Gungahlin for me on Sunday after having surgery for a burst appendix just under 4 weeks ago.

Felt like i hit the ball pretty well but only put a few holes together. Worst was on the par 3 5th however. Tough tee shot i hit well to about 5m and 4 putted after the ball rolled past the edge. What a spaz! Ended up with 26 points

Happy to be back playing however and happy to have parred the 18th for the first time too.