PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Test Aus V SA

Grunt
3rd January 2006, 09:44 AM
What an over from Brett Lee!!
How did that Yorker miss the stumps?
How was that LBW not out?
Is Billy Bowden now the worst umpire on the international roster?

Will be essential for the aussies to get in amongst the the lower/middle order before lunch. Could be a hard slog if they get a big 1st innings total with the failings of some of the middle order lately (excluding 2nd innings last test).

3oneday
3rd January 2006, 10:21 AM
Is Billy Bowden now the worst umpire on the international roster?yes

Jarro
3rd January 2006, 03:30 PM
South Africa are really digging their heels in.

looking like it's gonna be a lame draw now :(

AndyP
3rd January 2006, 04:52 PM
Aussies in self-destruct mode?

Jarro
3rd January 2006, 05:00 PM
why the hell did Hodge play at that ball :shock: surely he must have seen they were sizing him up for the short ball :roll:

miro
4th January 2006, 11:57 AM
Two things;

(a) Hodge is NOT a test standard batsman. One huge innings does not make a career and hopefully that dsigraceful dismissal will be viewed the same as the infamous D Martyn dismissal many years ago which got him the axe.

(b) this new Elim Dar (pheonetics) bloke may challenge Bowden as the worst ump around. Just popped out for lunch to see Hussey hit plum in front (hawkeye showed middle stump, 6 inches down). The only way it wasn't out was if it was edged -BUT Smith caugth it so it was still out.

Moe Norman
4th January 2006, 12:00 PM
ALim Dar was the bloke that gave Katich out in the Ashes to that ball that hit him on the thoih pad after pitching 2 feet outside leg. He is already holder of the title!

3oneday
4th January 2006, 12:02 PM
Two things;

(a) Hodge is NOT a test standard batsman. One huge innings does not make a career and hopefully that dsigraceful dismissal will be viewed the same as the infamous D Martyn dismissal many years ago which got him the axe.

(b) this new Elim Dar (pheonetics) bloke may challenge Bowden as the worst ump around. Just popped out for lunch to see Hussey hit plum in front (hawkeye showed middle stump, 6 inches down). The only way it wasn't out was if it was edged -BUT Smith caugth it so it was still out.It's like they've been told not to give LBW, but then that one of Prince yesterday was a horrendous one to give, stuffed if I know but these blokes are making the case for going upstairs for every decision more real every day.

They'll all make themselves redundant at this rate !!!!

Pete

Pinglauncher
4th January 2006, 12:38 PM
The CRAP umpiring is getting more headlines than the actual cricket. There have certainly been some pretty ordinary decisions :roll:

Jarro
4th January 2006, 12:41 PM
i can't see why they just can't go to hawkeye for every decision :?

it's not like it's gonna take that long to have a look at it, then at least we'll know we get almost all the decisions right

AndyP
4th January 2006, 12:55 PM
You are assuming that Hawkeye is always right.

I don't think it is a correct assumption.

Jarro
4th January 2006, 01:01 PM
well, i'm thinking Hawkeye is a lot more consistent than umpires anyway.

some of the decisions made in this test have been abysmal :smt011

I hear they're looking at using hawkeye exclusively in some tennis matches coming up P, what's your view on that :?:

AndyP
4th January 2006, 01:09 PM
I hear they're looking at using hawkeye exclusively in some tennis matches coming up P, what's your view on that  :?:
I haven't been watching the Hopman Cup, but I think they are using it for the first time there, when decisions are appealed.
It's making the linespeople look worse than what they are when Hawkeye declares the ball is in after a little bit of ball fluff catches the outer edge of the line.

Although it is probably easier for Hawkeye to track the balls path in tennis, because it doesn't make assumptions about the bounce of the ball, like it does in cricket.

I believe the US Open is going ahead with using the technology later this year.

Pinglauncher
4th January 2006, 01:09 PM
Ponting just given NOT OUT with the Channel 9 replay showing the ball hitting half way up middle stump. Another good decision.

wavemaker
4th January 2006, 01:11 PM
Hussey gorne

AndyP
4th January 2006, 01:12 PM
Hussey gone. Ponting about to get yet another century.

Here is a real test for Symonds.

Grunt
4th January 2006, 01:22 PM
Is it just me or is Andre Nel a great breathe of fresh air for test cricket? He is quite a character. He has just brought the crowd right back into the game, a great entertainer.

Grunt
4th January 2006, 01:26 PM
Ponting just given NOT OUT with the Channel 9 replay showing the ball hitting half way up middle stump. Another good decision.

More evidence of the low standard of umpiring in the Cricket world now, is have neutral umpires that important when the best umpires are from a country playing. It means at teh moment Australia can't get teh best umpires in their test matches as the top 2 rated umpires in the world are Taufnell & Hair.

Jarro
4th January 2006, 01:35 PM
great ton to Punter =D>

Moe Norman
4th January 2006, 02:51 PM
more ordinary umpiring.

I'm generally against the move to refer decisions, but these guys are doing themsleves no favours.

Bruce
4th January 2006, 03:52 PM
My heart sank when I heard that Clowden and Duh were umpiring this test.

LBW is now decided at random. We might as well just toss a coin now after an appeal. Disgraceful.

Fishman Dan
4th January 2006, 06:20 PM
Well i was on for Symonds to get less than 25 in the 3rd test (2 innings combined). Firmly on track.

Averages are just that - for a reason. If someone told him "we want to be 450 by stumps" he would have made a big ton, but he's not capable of a looong innings. Mind you, 75+ minutes and it was a solid 12.

Hodge's dismissal late last night was Bevan-esque. Never seen someone so uncomfortable with a short ball, mind you it was a ripper from Nel, right into his ribs.

Scenario 1 - We roll the Boks for 120-150 after MacGill and Warne go through them, game on. This also involves inspiring captaincy from Ponting who hasn't shown that he's capable of manufacturing wickets.

Scenario 2 - Boring draw with the Bok's batting us out of the game (as per their style).

Scenario 3 - We get rolled for 180 after another middle-order collapse (read - Symo, Gilly and Hodge fail, tail fails to wag and bail them out) to lose by 100+ runs.

I think Scenario 1 is a chance if we can get Smith and Kallis early tomorrow. 2 full days (with catchup time to be played), a result is still a big chance. Skull called 4 sessions to bowl us out on this pitch - and he is the guru.

markTHEblake
4th January 2006, 06:28 PM
I dont fancy Australlias chances of chasing 250, which would probably be a ground record.

Fishman Dan
4th January 2006, 06:41 PM
I dont fancy Australlias chances of chasing 250, which would probably be a ground record.

Considering in '94 they couldn't get to 117, i think they are slim.

Mind you, a certain bloke by the name of Cronje was in the Sth African team then........ :-k

AndyP
4th January 2006, 08:46 PM
A run chase of around 260 was the record in the 4th innings at the SCG.
Keep in mind that South Africa don't really have a quality spinner.

Moe Norman
4th January 2006, 08:48 PM
that botha guy looks 'ok' the ball he got hussey with was a good one.

Fishman Dan
4th January 2006, 10:13 PM
Does he look like he chucks? I saw some footage of him in the nets, it was an eye-opener! And he bowls a Doosra!

Pinglauncher
5th January 2006, 06:56 AM
Does he look like he chucks? I saw some footage of him in the nets, it was an eye-opener! And he bowls a Doosra!

From what I saw of him last night it is a very suspect action :?

3oneday
5th January 2006, 07:14 AM

From what I saw of him last night it is a very suspect action  :?seemed fine to me, we will see some more of him in the one dayers but from the deliveries I saw, no probs. Mind you, I didn't see the doosra and that is the one "King Chucker" has the biggest prob with....

Be doubtful for much play at this stage anyway with the rain around as it is...

Pete

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 08:12 AM
his doosra is dodgy, much like ever other offie's doosra.

Saqlain is the only bloke I've seen genuinely bowl a doosra with no change to his arm action, strangely he lost form over night and is now struggling at first class level in Pakistan.

Jarro
5th January 2006, 08:25 AM
Harbharjan bowls a mean doosra ...... he's the best spinner in the world at the moment anyway .... Warneys on the way out, especially after his wallet is now $10 million lighter.

miro
5th January 2006, 08:34 AM
Jarro,

I trust that comment about Warney was tongue in cheek -so hard to tell on Forums. But just in case I remind you that he just set a World, in fact Galaxy record for most wickets in a calender year. The tubinator's main achievement in the last year was appearing in a couple of music videos for his indian rapper mate.

AndyP
5th January 2006, 09:12 AM
Surely the rules have been dodgied up enough by now, that noone can get called for chucking.....

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 09:45 AM
Harbajhan chucks his doosra and has been reported for it several times.

He's not even the best spinner in India.

Jarro
5th January 2006, 09:46 AM
Miro,

.. i'm just checking to see who the real Warne fans are :wink:

so far :

1/ Miro

AndyP
5th January 2006, 09:47 AM
Warne is a legend.

Disappointing that he has lost some form with the bat though.  It looked like he was going to start batting to his potential finally.  Bit like Andrew Symonds really....

Bruce
5th January 2006, 09:54 AM
http://aftergrogblog.blogs.com/agb/images/Murali_Rejects.jpg

My 3W is 15*, but I need to have the loft checked I think. Murali's arm apparently bends no more than 15* so I guess my 9I is also 15*.

(This picture better work)

Jarro
5th January 2006, 10:00 AM
great pic Bruce :smt003

how he is allowed to get away with that i'll never know :smt011

AndyP
5th January 2006, 10:07 AM
2 down for 6.  Very interesting.
Smith's first innings under 20 this series. It just gets better for him.

Another one not out?

Jarro
5th January 2006, 10:08 AM
terrible decision ... ball was going wayyy over Smiths off-stump.

i suppose at least it's consistently bad umpiring

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 10:34 AM
if you have a look at that picture of murai that is completely legal, as long as he doesn't straighten.

yo can bowl with your arm bent at 90* if you like as longas it stays at 90* when you release the ball. There is no doubt Murali bowls with a bent arm, the questions is whether he straightens it. I don't think he does, his skill is in his wrists.

He's almost at point of delivery in that pic, would be good if you could see his arm at moment of release.

Problem is all the fans that don't actually know the rules of cricket think he's a chucker because he bowls with abent arm, when in fact it is perfectly legal to bowl with the bent arm - the 15* allowance is the degree of change within the action, not the total flex.

AndyP
5th January 2006, 10:43 AM
Problem is all the fans that don't actually know the rules of cricket think he's a chucker because he bowls with abent arm, when in fact it is perfectly legal to bowl with the bent arm - the 15* allowance is the degree of change within the action, not the total flex.
And was it chucking before the rule changed?

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 10:52 AM
nope, the only change has been the degree of flex allowed within the action. that was more to do to with the analysis that showed nearly every bowler has some degree of straighteing. Murali had already been cleared under te old rules, only his doosra hadn't.

you can and always have been allowed to bowl with abent arm.

Bruce
5th January 2006, 11:16 AM
I'd be very careful with the word "cleared" there Moe. It is the common phrase that his defenders bring up as if that is the be all and end all of arguments.

I'll give you another one - "remediation". The last couple of times we's been to the WA Academy they were able to "remediate" his action to within tolerable limits. That means that it *was* illegal until they fixed it.

Anyway - I want Billy Clownden burned in effigy Indian style.

WHO's WITH ME?!

miro
5th January 2006, 01:23 PM
nope, the only change has been the degree of flex allowed within the action.  that was more to do to with the analysis that showed nearly every bowler has some degree of straighteing.  Murali had already been cleared under te old rules, only his doosra hadn't.

you can and always have been allowed to bowl with abent arm.

Yep you are correct. He used to cheat quite clearly. He now cheats with impunity. The experts found he chucked by straightening his elbow 14 degrees -way above the allowable 5 degrees. So what did they do:

1. assessed that the sub continent is the most powerful "block" of politics in cricket;
2. got all weak at the knees; and
3. changed the laws so the cheat could keep cheating.

What a shock to see the revised rule allows 15 degrees of straightening -1 degree further thna Murali was found to do.

Soft cocks all of them. Murali is a cheat -end of story.

Bruce
5th January 2006, 01:51 PM
And in the Third Test - Australia V Sth Africa....

The rain delays and rain in the forecast mean Sth Africa will need to make a bit more of the running if they want to win this match. They need enough runs to defend with enough time to get the Aussies out. Time is running out although Gibbs is having a crack.

They may come to regret their plodding pace from days 1 and 2. They may also end up losing in an attempt to win. I won't be bagging them if they end up losing by setting a target. A 2-0 loss is the same as a 1-0 series loss.

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 02:02 PM
it was found he straigtedn 14* when delivering the doosra. It also found that Glen MacGrath straightened 11* on average (for example)

In testing in perth, Murali was fitted with a brace on his elbow that allowed no flex - think bowling in a plaster cast. He was able to produce viciously spinning offbreaks even WITH the brace and also managed to deliver the doosra effectively.

If you don't think his skill is in the wrist, you're not watching closely. I was wewatching him in a warmup during oneof the World XI one-dayes i Melbourne and saw him stretching his hands, he could touch both sides of his forearm with his index finger simply by bending his wrist.

Try that now...

AndyP
5th January 2006, 02:10 PM
In testing in perth, Murali was fitted with a brace on his elbow that allowed no flex - think bowling in a plaster cast.  He was able to produce viciously spinning offbreaks even WITH the brace and also managed to deliver the doosra effectively.
Was it also simulating a full 5 day test?

BrisVegas
5th January 2006, 02:11 PM
If you don't think his skill is in the wrist, you're not watching closely.  I was wewatching him in a warmup during oneof the World XI one-dayes i Melbourne and saw him stretching his hands, he could touch both sides of his forearm with his index finger simply by bending his wrist.

Try that now...

:shock: :shock:

Holy Sh!t!!!

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 03:44 PM
You can't simulate match conditions and there-in lies the problem. But you can test to see if he can do it legallly.

I've watched him bowl for 10 years, the only time I've ever questioned his action is the doosra. However, you can't tell me you don't think Shoaib or Lee don't peg the odd bouncer.

The fairweather cricket fan who doesn't know the rules has always thought Murali is a chucker because of the bent arm, failing to realise they were completely ignorant of the rules of cricket.

PS: anyone tried to touch either side of their forearm with their index finger yet?

AndyP
5th January 2006, 03:56 PM
PS: anyone tried to touch either side of their forearm with their index finger yet?
No, but I can lick my elbow..

CobraSS
5th January 2006, 06:47 PM
No, but I can lick my elbow..

:shock:

goughy
5th January 2006, 07:17 PM
I don't think there should be any degree bending allowed. You bowl with your arm straight or not at all. End of story. I don't care if it affects lee, shoab, whoever. Easiest solution of all.

Thommo used to bowl fast without straightening his arm. Heck, I even heard a story on an ABC cricket broadcast once where a pommie commentator recounted a story of batting against thommo. He'd just gotten out and was heading up the stairs (or whatever) when there was a great roar from the crowd and he saw the ball being thrown in from the crowd.

He gets to his team and asks, "so-and-so just hit thommo for six eh?" The response was "No. Thommo just bowled a six (six bye's)".

Would have loved to see him bowl with today's speed measuring technology and slow motion camera's.

Webster
5th January 2006, 07:26 PM
Goughy,

They did some retrospective testing last year that proved that only one bowler in the history of test cricket (their claim - not mine) didn't straighten his arm - Jeff Thompson. Everyone else did, to some degree. But not as much as that cheat Murali.

goughy
5th January 2006, 07:30 PM
It certainly has gotten out of control tho.

And I'm another one who agrees with daryl hair re: Murali.

But it's not my decision so I live with it.

Bruce
5th January 2006, 07:33 PM
Who had "tame draw" in the pool?

Moe Norman
5th January 2006, 07:38 PM
I don't think there should be any degree bending allowed. You bowl with your arm straight or not at all so you propose to change the laws of bowling that have been there since cricket began? As bending has ALWAYS been allowed.

Also, my father faced Thommo (heh my dad was Thommo too) in a match at the WACA in the 70's and he said Thommo bowled him a bouncer that hit the sightscreen on the full.

Jack: I highly doubt sir gary chucked, his action was very similar to thommo's when he was bolwing his quicks. He may have chucked his chinamen or is ortho's though!

miro
6th January 2006, 07:58 AM
As I understand it the prior law was:

- 10 degrees of straightening for quicks (so pretty much all quicks are ok with the exception of the odd bouncer); and
- 5 degrees for a spinner.

The f..k wits who suggested allowing Murali to cheat legally by changing the law to 15 degrees argued that no benefit comes from straightening for a spinner as its not about additional speed. Well that is complete crap I guarantee all of us can spin a ball more with elbow straightening than without.

Moe I agree it is the Doosra that is the problem. But without the threat of the doosra he is just another (albiet very good) off spin bowler.

How disgraceful is it going to be when Warney retuires and 3 years later the world record holder is a cofirmed cheat who took 20% of his wickets against nations who should not be accredited wth "test" status. :evil:

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 08:14 AM
Moe I agree it is the Doosra that is the problem. But without the threat of the doosra he is just another (albiet very good) off spin bowler. yep, though he had a hell of alot of wickets before he introduced the doosra.

0 degrees of straightening for quicks (so pretty much all quicks are ok with the exception of the odd bouncer) yep, and without the bouncer they'd just be another quick who bowls too full!

cazandpaul
6th January 2006, 09:37 AM
Who are these wussy pansies called umpires - Brett Lee reprimanded for asking why an LBW appeal was turned down and now McGrath reprimanded for swearing when a catch was dropped - what a sterile game cricket has become - and they let that disgrace Nel get away with anything he wants because he was allegedly racially discriminated against.

Jarro
6th January 2006, 10:00 AM
it's just not cricket is it Paul :x

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 10:19 AM
i'm agains the MacGrath reprimand, but an umpire isn't required to say anything but 'Not out' Lee should relaise his place.

A batsman isn't allowed to ask, 'why was that out?' and a bowler isn't entited to say 'why was that not out?'

This thin line they tread is the umpires fault however as a few got into the habit of saying "not out, going down leg" etc and now the bowlers expect it.

Jarro
6th January 2006, 10:34 AM
nice declaration from the South Africans.

gonna make an interesting arvo's viewing 8)

3oneday
6th January 2006, 01:03 PM
Result, I'll go out on a limb now and say it..... 2 zip Aussies !!!!!!!!

Bruce
6th January 2006, 01:18 PM
Rattling along now at 1/118. I'm not sure the Jarpies can shut it down now even if they want to.

I was very surprised that Graham Smith had the balls to make a declaration. Even if they lose it is still a gutsy move to try and make something happen to tie the series.

Grunt
6th January 2006, 02:03 PM
Rattling along now at 1/118.  I'm not sure the Jarpies can shut it down now even if they want to.

I was very surprised that Graham Smith had the balls to make a declaration.  Even if they lose it is still a gutsy move to try and make something happen to tie the series.

Graham Smith should be congratulated for turning a no result match into a match. Pity it is going to go the other way though.

Courty
6th January 2006, 02:12 PM
Required run rate: 2.84
Current run rate: 4.71

If the keep this up, it'll all be over in a jiffy. :)

Jarro
6th January 2006, 02:52 PM
1/211 at the moment and doing it nicely the Aussies.

Great declaration from Smith, couldn't have ever thought Ponting would've done that :roll:

3oneday
6th January 2006, 02:53 PM
1/211 at the moment and doing it nicely the Aussies.

Great declaration from Smith, couldn't have ever thought Ponting would've done that  :roll:No, maybe 5 an hour target may have been wiser....

Jarro
6th January 2006, 02:58 PM
Hayden gone for 90 :(

Grunt
6th January 2006, 03:16 PM
Ponting has hardly ever had to do what Smith did in this test.

Grunt
6th January 2006, 03:45 PM
I dont rate Ricky Ponting as a Captain but jees he is the best Batsman in the world at the moment. His strokeplay is awesome he does not have a bad shot in his book at the moment.

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 03:45 PM
whats that, captain in inferior side?

Grunt
6th January 2006, 03:46 PM
Ever had to declare to get a result

Bruce
6th January 2006, 03:51 PM
Taking my armchair captain's position and applying my best hindsight review....

Saffies did not bat fast enough on day 1 and 2. Another couple of hours for their second innings would have allowed them to have a lead of 350 or more to declare with a similar amount of time. A much tougher chase and more risk required.

In the end they are about to lose by 8 wickets.

Ah well - bring on the return tour.

Grunt
6th January 2006, 03:59 PM
How piss poor of Channel 9 stopping the coverage before interviews? I would have loved to hear Smith's responses to questions about the early declaration.

Grunt
6th January 2006, 04:01 PM
They did it to show Cheers :cry:

3oneday
6th January 2006, 04:02 PM
They did it to show Cheers  :cry:hahahahaha

that's hilarious..... :lol: :lol:

McMw
6th January 2006, 04:10 PM
kudos to smith for the sporting declaration...

it's been a while since I've seen an SCG Test - I'm guessing the pitch held up pretty well for what turned out to be an easy chase???

Grunt
6th January 2006, 04:13 PM
Pitch was not a normal Sydney pitch, did not break up at all.

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 04:14 PM
no quality spinner, no ntini, 5th day SCG pitch = easy chase.

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 04:26 PM

Saffies did not bat fast enough on day 1 and 2. Another couple of hours for their second innings would have allowed them to have a lead of 350 or more to declare with a similar amount of time. A much tougher chase and more risk required.
they can't predict the weather. They lost most of Day 4 to weather and a few hours here and there in the first three days.

Kallis needs to bat for the situation rather than his score though.

Bruce
6th January 2006, 04:29 PM
Well it really wasn't a fifth day pitch. Hadn't had 360 overs bowled on it and the rain etc. would have kept a bit of moisture in it to help hold it together.

Bruce
6th January 2006, 04:35 PM

Saffies did not bat fast enough on day 1 and 2.  Another couple of hours for their second innings would have allowed them to have a lead of 350 or more to declare with a similar amount of time.  A much tougher chase and more risk required.
they can't predict the weather.  They lost most of Day 4 to weather and a few hours here and there in the first three days.  

Kallis needs to bat for the situation rather than his score though.

All the forecasts mentioned rain - the timing of it couldn't be more helpfull for the Aussies though. Clownden and Duh helped too with their reluctance to play.

Even this morning Kallis barely got above a trot in the chase for early runs. They ended up having a few wickets to spare and I reckon Smith would have traded them for more runs in a heartbeat.

Awesome ton by the Punter too. He already has 250+ runs for the calendar year with the chance to beat up on the Bangers still to come.

goughy
6th January 2006, 06:17 PM
Smith said they discussed how many overs they wanted to leave the aussies and how many runs before the days play. And that's what they did. Obviously they didn't want a draw.

Ponting is now the only player in history to score 2 centuries in his 100th test match, is by far the best batsman in the world at the mo, is the second best batsman in australian history to the don. Averages like 70+ in sydney. Overtakes border as the highest run scorer in sydney with 4 less test matches. Trying to remember what other records they gave to him on the abc coverage.

They also said the sydney pitch would take about another 5 days of play.
Smith said he didn't expect the pitch to stand up today as it did.

Moe Norman
6th January 2006, 08:05 PM
Smith said they discussed how many overs they wanted to leave the aussies and how many runs before the days play. And that's what they did. Obviously they didn't want a draw.

Ponting is now the only player in history to score 2 centuries in his 100th test match, is by far the best batsman in the world at the mo, is the second best batsman in australian history to the don. Averages like 70+ in sydney. Overtakes border as the highest run scorer in sydney with 4 less test matches. Trying to remember what other records they gave to him on the abc coverage.

They also said the sydney pitch would take about another 5 days of play.
Smith said he didn't expect the pitch to stand up today as it did. lets not go overboard. Some mighty fine players have worn the baggy green. I'd place AB, Neil Harvey, Ponsford and Greg Chappell ahead of Punter at this stage. Punter will forever be hard to judge because the two best bowlers of his generation both shared his dressing room. Remember AB was a shining light in a team bruised and battered on West Indian pitches against the likes of Holding, Roberts, Marhsall, Patterson, Ambrose, Walsh etc. Tendulkar and Lara have both conquered MacGrath and Warne several times. Yes, they hide a bit down the order, though Lara averages 59 when he has batted 3. The real bolter is Dravid, spent most of his career at 3 and averages a touch under 58 and some of his best innings have been against the benchmark Aussies.

3oneday
6th January 2006, 08:51 PM
Did you hear that Botha got reported for chucking ?? It was on the pommy news tonight on Sky...

Pete

terryand
6th January 2006, 09:00 PM
Foxsports had this up a couple of hours ago.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17746442-23212,00.html

It looked a lot suss when they where playing some replays in slo-mo and his arm happened to be in the shot :?

Terry.

Jarro
6th January 2006, 09:13 PM
not as bad as Murali :roll:

AndyP
7th January 2006, 08:22 AM
How this sort of thing isn't checked out before these guys get to test level baffles me.

Moe Norman
7th January 2006, 09:39 AM
if he goes down for it, it will proove that they're scared of the sub-continent players due to the power they wield in modern cricket.

Jarro
7th January 2006, 09:48 AM
his action doesn't look t hat bad :?

i agree with Moe ... if he does get banned ... it's a friggin' disgrace that the little chucker has been allowed to continue :evil: