PDA

View Full Version : My last game of the year!

goughy
31st December 2005, 06:01 PM
Well, had to try and get one more game this year to take my tally to 7 for the year :(

What an interesting ride. Our first hole is out of play so they have put into play an interesting concept. At the top of our driving range they recently built a green. Now, instead of using a temp green on the first hole, they have taken the first out of play altogether. Our 17th hole, a 480mtr par five now plays as a 300mtr dogleg left par 4 and a 155mtr par 3. The odd thing is we start play on the 2nd hole, and play the course as normal. After playing the par 4 17th we score the 155mtr par 3 as the first hole on the card. For anyone who knows the 17th at city it's one hard hole from the 150mtr markers.

Anyway, I'm rambling, I play the front 9 in 35 (par 33 atm) and am stoked about it. My only fairway for the 9 results in my only 1 pointer (3 putt bogey) but i seem to have the ball on a string with everything from 7 iron down, and am feeling pretty good at the half. Enter the back nine.

What an opposite. We won't go into much detail but I finish with 28pts for the round (21 on the front), wash 4 on the back, 1 par for 3 points and a prospective total of at least 55 to the par of 36 :shock: :oops:

The funny thing is the par3 1st (situated between the 17th and 18th holes). In the midst of all the carnage I hit a 5iron in a huge cross wind to the front 1/3, and proceed to putt my 40odd footer to an inch. So another par scored on the front of the card.

So that was the end of my golfing year. How was yours?

Jarro
31st December 2005, 06:35 PM
played pretty ordinary golf at Ocean Shores for my last round of 2005 :(

First round of 2006 will be with the crew at Caboolture on monday ... can't wait for that one 8)

Courty
31st December 2005, 06:58 PM
So that was the end of my golfing year.  How was yours?

:smt078 That's all I have to say about that.

3oneday
31st December 2005, 07:59 PM
Played Tuncurry, god I hate that course..........

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
31st December 2005, 08:35 PM

:lol:  :lol:

well ... how'd ya play :roll:

Courty
31st December 2005, 11:58 PM

well ... how'd ya play   :roll:

I'm guessing 'not too well'. :wink:

3oneday
1st January 2006, 01:23 AM

well ... how'd ya play   :roll:

I'm guessing 'not too well'.  :wink:nice guess...

It blew a gale all day and 2 metres off the fairway is basically reload cause of the thickness of the "rough". Rough at Tuncurry consists of tea trees, snakes etc etc.

Too bloody penal and took 5 hours as well. Actually hit it OK the last 5 holes or so but generally managed to wipe my shot holes !!! :roll:

Anyway, there's always this year !!!! :lol:

AndyP
1st January 2006, 01:59 AM
played pretty ordinary golf at Ocean Shores for my last round of 2005 :(
Ditto.

senecio
1st January 2006, 07:08 AM
Well,

I'm going to buck the trend and let everyone know that I had a blinder,

2 over par front nine, 8 pars and a double (on index 17 :( ).

Started the back nine par, birdie. Put a 5-iron to within a metre on the 170m par 3 11th. Came home with 5 pars and 2 bogies to finish with a 3-over 74 (42 points).

Course rated at 71 (par 71), so I've come in from 8.9 to 7.7.

That puts me well on my way to reach my target of 6 by then end of this year.

Ryan

BrisVegas
1st January 2006, 07:32 AM
nice going Ryan. We're now on the same hcap, except you got "mo" going in the right direction. Hope that 3 wood is working out for you. :)

senecio
1st January 2006, 07:43 AM
Didn't have much work for the 3-wood this week. Used it off the tee on the third and that was it.

It got much more use last week when the tees were forward. It earnt its keep last week on the 390m par 4 5th. Skied my drive into the wind (160m maybe) to leave me with about 220m to the front. Nailed it to the front edge and hit the lip for birdie, tap in par. :D

Its a great club, that for sure. Feels so solid.

Now I have to convince the missus that I need a 983E to go with it. :D

Ryan

Jarro
1st January 2006, 07:53 AM
Course rated at 71 (par 71), so I've come in from 8.9 to 7.7.

nice shootin' Ryan. Looks like you'll hit the ground running in 2006 8)

Maybe an Ozgolf day at Carbrook would be in order this year :wink:

markTHEblake
1st January 2006, 08:20 AM
It blew a gale all day and 2 metres off the fairway is basically reload cause of the thickness of the "rough". Rough at Tuncurry consists of tea trees, snakes etc etc.

Huh? There is at about 10m of rough either side of fairly wide fairways before you get to the tea trees. I dont reckon even Tezza would have reached hem. :D

in fact i think a few of those holes are rated for 747's to land.

terryand
1st January 2006, 08:33 AM
Nice way to finish the year Ryan :smt023

My last game for the year start of great,1 under after 7 and being 4 better than hcp in a single stab,but then the wheels feel off and finished with 4 doubles(including one on good old snake from 140 out :evil: ) to go from 4 better to finish 4 worse(32pts) :oops:

Terry.

markTHEblake
1st January 2006, 08:34 AM
I played my final game of the year at Gatton - sorry goughy and jaster I only decided to play about 11am so not really enough notice for ya's.

Highlight of the day was a 370m drive.
Lowlight of the day was hitting 80 metres through the green on a 290m hole.

Its a downhill hole with very high gum trees in the way, and the fairway slopes away from the green, so you need to hit a fairly high hook. I flushed it and cant have missed the green by much, would have gone further too, except it hit the church and stopped.

terryand
1st January 2006, 08:36 AM
You beast Blakey.

Terry.

Ona
1st January 2006, 01:28 PM
My final game was yesterday at Barwon Valley GC. At one point the plan was to flood the place and replace it with a huge rowing facility... wouldn't have been much of a loss. Played with a borrowed bag of clubs, retro style with a 12* driver around 150cc's steel shafted at proly 43", five wood, walter hagen blades and one of those blade putters you can use either left or right handed. Ball was a slightly used titty proffessional.

http://www.ironfinder.com/images/sm/406_A.jpg

Irons felt fine, one club shorter but with a 51* pw you kind of expect that, driver had a nice weight to it and at that length felt real comfortable, was just as long downwind as mine, into the wind it suffered but accuracy was good, may have to give it another go sometime. Putter felt all wrong.. mine has a Very fat grip and this thing was thinner than a bees di.. :roll: total putts weren't much worse than usual but much worse than you should have on those greens(slow and flat) :( Had 7over, lost the match play 1 down on the last but got him by 2 off the stick. No spiffy drives or special scores to report. Bring on golf in 06, although I don't know if I'll renew my green fee ticket at queens park, become a member somewhere else or just play an occasional green fee round... hmmm :?