PDA

View Full Version : How would you cope?

Ona
29th June 2004, 06:54 PM
Ive just gone the last 4 days with no use of a pc.. none at all.

How long have you gone without any "interaction" with a pc (including work) and how have you coped?

If you never have had such a break how do you think you would handle it if you did?

AndyP
29th June 2004, 11:43 PM
Ive just gone the last 4 days with no use of a pc.. none at all.

How long have you gone without any "interaction" with a pc (including work) and how have you coped?

If you never have had such a break how do you think you would handle it if you did?
I had a few days away from it on a trip to Sydney recently. Got a little twitchy. Didn't really have time to go into an internet cafe, otherwise I would've.

Got 6 days in Melbourne coming up soon. I probably won't be able to resist the internet cafes for that long. :roll:

Bit sad, isn't it?

andylo
30th June 2004, 08:53 AM
Been tried to live without computer for a month about 7 years ago.... I was back to HK to visit my parents, and the home computer is dead.

How I cope with it? Play table tennis every day and night.

But it was hard... at last, I can't resist to spend $800 to buy a new computer in HK.

I heard my younger brother killed it when he back to HK the next year.

Fishman Dan
30th June 2004, 09:12 AM
A trip to the farm usually means no pc - be it 3 days or 2 weeks. For someone who runs a Helpdesk it's bliss, because the majority of PC's you do see are broken in one way or another.

Best part - no mobile reception on the farm. So if something does go belly-up...

3oneday
30th June 2004, 11:20 AM
Will have two weeks, starting Friday, let you know then.

burger
30th June 2004, 11:43 AM
I work in IT too, however have no PC at home.
So for me anytime at home or on holidays means NO PC!!!!!!
YEAH! =D> HOORAY!!! \:D/

Ona
30th June 2004, 12:24 PM
Andy a year ago i woulda said yep thats sad.. now not so much :D

I was watching alot more tv than usual, very little of it actually being any good :evil: the most annoying thing was that i had sent emails out the day before my hiatus and the wait to see the responces was a killer

Golfgirl
30th June 2004, 04:33 PM
Got back last week from a week in Townsville where I was well behaved and didn't touch Mum & Dad's PC..... :(

I really missed you guys - a week is a long time to not talk golf with you all..... :oops:

AndyP
1st July 2004, 02:19 PM
I really missed you guys
Shucks! :oops: We missed you too.
Group Hug. :smt052

Jarro
1st July 2004, 02:36 PM
i wouldn't miss it.

i'm never usually on it anyway :wink: :P

gazgolf1
1st July 2004, 02:49 PM
Just spent 4 days in Pt Douglas with no computer and did'nt miss it,probably because I have toned down the hoing and there are no clubs flying over the Pacific as we speak.
Different story if I'm looking for a certain club or I've got something on Ebay.
All I cared about in Pt Douglas was getting to the Court House Hotel every afternoon in time for Happy Hour. :smt030

Fishman Dan
1st July 2004, 02:58 PM
Gaz, did you go to the Ironbar for the Cane Toad races? Loved PD, awesome spot.

hackin jim
1st July 2004, 03:02 PM
... how do you think you would handle it if you did?

Depends how set the bag was/is :wink:

Outside of work I stay away from the computer except for supporting my club hoing ways. If all golf forums and eBay were to disappear then I'd have no trouble at all. :roll:

gazgolf1
4th July 2004, 04:06 PM
Gaz, did you go to the Ironbar for the Cane Toad races? Loved PD, awesome spot.

Had a meal at the Ironbar but missed the Toads.
Yep PD is a great spot. :D