PDA

View Full Version : PING G25 Driver - thoughts?

meh
18th July 2013, 09:56 AM
A few guys on here have these I think. Thoughts from those that have hit them? Apparently very very forgiving?

solarman
18th July 2013, 10:02 AM
I like mine although not as long as my others. Definitely finding more fairways though. Mine is standard with 9.5 degree.

meh
18th July 2013, 10:04 AM
Is it much shorter?

Captain Nemo
18th July 2013, 10:07 AM
High Launch, High spin V Anser.....
More of the same.

solarman
18th July 2013, 10:23 AM
Is it much shorter? Not really but I am not an exceptional ball striker. Everyone keeps saying "that's long" though. It has a high launch like titty said

meh
18th July 2013, 10:34 AM
High Launch, High spin V Anser.....
More of the same.

Have you hit it much? Better than the g20?

Captain Nemo
18th July 2013, 10:35 AM
Have you hit it much? Better than the g20?

Never hit it, just what the guys from Ping @ my Club keep banging on about.....

golf2013
18th July 2013, 10:48 AM
Everyone that I know that has hit it reckons its heaps better than the anser.

3Puttpete
18th July 2013, 10:58 AM
I am not an exceptional ball striker

What? When did this happen?

spanner039
18th July 2013, 11:38 AM
Sold my g20 for a g25 8.5 7m3 s- I didn't think it was any more forgiving but felt it was shorter than the 20, ball flight was very high, also freaken loud that annoyed me and I thought it felt dead. Have now gone back to the 20 9.5 with the 7m3 better feel and the same forgiveness and I think a lot longer.

Couldn't see any noticeable difference with the adjustability, and it looks huge even next to the g20.

Grouse color though, if I could paint the g20 Matt black I would.

For the right person with the right shaft and if you can get over the aluminum baseball bat sound could be a winner, but for me pretty disapointed.

meh
18th July 2013, 11:55 AM
Sold my g20 for a g25 8.5 7m3 s- I didn't think it was any more forgiving but felt it was shorter than the 20, ball flight was very high, also freaken loud that annoyed me and I thought it felt dead. Have now gone back to the 20 9.5 with the 7m3 better feel and the same forgiveness and I think a lot longer.

Couldn't see any noticeable difference with the adjustability, and it looks huge even next to the g20.

Grouse color though, if I could paint the g20 Matt black I would.

For the right person with the right shaft and if you can get over the aluminum baseball bat sound could be a winner, but for me pretty disapointed.

Spanner, did you sell it already?

spanner039
18th July 2013, 12:49 PM
Spanner, did you sell it already?

Yep, long gone..........

TheNuclearOne
18th July 2013, 05:08 PM
It's anything but high spin. Mid/high launch and the lowest spinning G i've hit. Low/mid spin would be fair, mid at the highest imo. As forgiving and easy to hit as it gets.

rqrox
18th July 2013, 07:23 PM
It is supposed to be a higher spinning head than alot of the other new drivers but I found it to be OK and on the launch monitor the numbers were comparable.

The distance I felt was good. Its definitely longer than the driver I'm currently using and also feels easy to hit hard.

I haven't felt that it launched high at all...maybe the shaft is keeping mine low???

It does make a fair noise but IMO it doesn't sound any worse than any of the TM or Cally offerings

Captain Nemo
18th July 2013, 07:29 PM
Rich what loft and shaft?

rqrox
18th July 2013, 07:38 PM
10.5 with VTS sliver 6s

Captain Nemo
18th July 2013, 07:49 PM
Nice.
I have 2 shafts with Ping sleeves if you want to try...
Kuro Kage black
Fubuki alpha 70s

davidw88
18th July 2013, 07:59 PM
It launches pretty high, i have one in 8.5 and had an anser in 9.5 and it goes higher than the anser, but i hit more fairways with the g25 and it is alot more forgiving.

aym
19th July 2013, 10:25 AM
It is supposed to be a higher spinning head than alot of the other new drivers but I found it to be OK and on the launch monitor the numbers were comparable. The distance I felt was good. Its definitely longer than the driver I'm currently using and also feels easy to hit hard.I haven't felt that it launched high at all...maybe the shaft is keeping mine low???It does make a fair noise but IMO it doesn't sound any worse than any of the TM or Cally offerings Agree with that for some reason pings just gives you the confidence to go after it..

spanner039
19th July 2013, 11:32 AM
Agree with that for some reason pings just gives you the confidence to go after it..

+2 I'm a ping man and really struggle with just about all other drivers, they (Pings) just want to be hit hard. A confidence thing.

No matter what you go for G20,G25, anser or even the i20 they are all really, really good.

Stuartd147
19th July 2013, 12:10 PM
I play each week with guy who has connections at Ping and he/we have tried all of them OFTEN....he is off 12 and swings at around 105mph and he hits the Answer 9.5 with Stiff Blur best of all of them. Nice ball flight, nicer sound and great distance compared to the others he has tried.

Foburger
19th July 2013, 12:36 PM
I preferred the sound off the g20/anser drivers when compared to them, but the shape and way the g25 sits is brilliant. Great numbers for 95% of players when fitted correctly. I did feel like it was marginally harder to hit compared to g20 but that could be for a number of reasons.
The g25 fairway is the best on the market for mine, simply brilliant.