PDA

View Full Version : Movie downloading

bdoug10
18th July 2013, 08:17 AM
What's the best torrent out?

AndyP
18th July 2013, 08:25 AM
Before people answer, here's a reminder about the rules.

7. Illegal material
Please don't post links to sites that may involve illegal activity (this includes, but is not limited to, BitTorrent and Warez sites) . If you choose to talk about it, so be it, just don't link the sites.

There's always iTunes and QuickFlix. ;)

bdoug10
18th July 2013, 08:33 AM
Sorry didnt no about rule 7

AndyP
18th July 2013, 08:39 AM
No need to apologise, because you haven't done anything wrong. Now that Demonoid is dead, I have used a mob that is called Kick Ass Torrents (KAT). There's always Pirate Bay, as well.

spanner039
18th July 2013, 09:27 AM
Ip torrents for me, although they are now kicking accounts for those that hit and run.

Got one invite left that I can send you if you want to give it a go.

bdoug10
18th July 2013, 09:42 AM
Do u have to download software? And is it free?

solarman
18th July 2013, 10:04 AM
I use kickass and download from 3 users and always get good copies. piratepedia UsaBit TryMeS

Jarro
18th July 2013, 10:16 AM
No need to apologise, because you haven't done anything wrong. Now that Demonoid is dead, I have used a mob that is called Kick Ass Torrents (KAT). There's always Pirate Bay, as well.

:smt023

Lobsta
18th July 2013, 10:55 AM
Pirate bay is the best imo. And for TV shows, eztv is the pick of the bunch.

Or so I've heard...

Monsta
18th July 2013, 11:32 AM
Axxo has good quality, only movies tho, no tv shows

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 11:58 AM
isoHunt is also a top notch one.

And Torrentfunk.

Those with The Pirate Bay, and Kick-Ass Torrents are my prime 4, but Pirate Bay and isoHunt have 95% of the stuff I want / need.

JADO75
18th July 2013, 12:02 PM
Try Torrentz, it has everything you could want & list's all the different forums like pirate bay, kick ass etc.

goughy
18th July 2013, 12:36 PM
Axxo has good quality, only movies tho, no tv shows

yify is the man now days.

WBennett
18th July 2013, 12:59 PM
I was using nzbrus for my off site backups until it got the cease and desist letter and shut down for good.
:(

Minor_Threat
18th July 2013, 01:19 PM
Gingadaddy for NZBs. Immortseed for torrents.

Both are closed at present I think. Every so often they open up for registration.

Julie
18th July 2013, 01:36 PM
Kickass.

AndyP
18th July 2013, 01:49 PM
yify is the man now days.For small files, yes. Do you have sound issues with his stuff?

goughy
18th July 2013, 02:47 PM
Not that I've noticed. What size are you getting? For the kids I'm only grabbing 700mb files, for me usually 1.5gb.

AndyP
18th July 2013, 08:00 PM
700s usually. Full volume at times, but maybe it wasn't yify.

markTHEblake
18th July 2013, 08:18 PM
For small files, yes. Do you have sound issues with his stuff?

not me. I also download the torrent file from his own website rather than any other place.

Minor_Threat
18th July 2013, 09:31 PM
Not that I've noticed. What size are you getting? For the kids I'm only grabbing 700mb files, for me usually 1.5gb.

BDRips are usually the go. Most are around 2.5Gb.

spanner039
19th July 2013, 08:57 AM
Do u have to download software? And is it free?

Yes free although invite only, of course you have to down load a Bit torrent program of your chioce and an ISO program and your off, you have to pretty much do that with any Torrent downloading.

Mububban
19th July 2013, 11:35 AM
Just a question - why download them? Why not pay to rent them?

Admittedly I don't watch as many movies as I used to when I was younger, I reckon one a month so renting from iTunes or the local store doesn't cost me huge amounts each year. Not saying I've never downloaded anything before, but I stopped doing it a while ago. I figured if I want to watch a good show like Game of Thrones etc, I should show my support and help keep the show in production rather than pirate it.

spanner039
19th July 2013, 12:14 PM
I dont see an issue with TV shows after all there free anyway - no different to recording them

With movies, i still go and watch the ones i want to see at the cinema, and only really download one if there is nothing on the box or if the bride wants to watch one of her crap movies that really aint worth paying for.

goughy
19th July 2013, 12:51 PM
Do I really want to put any more money in Tom Cruises pocket?

Love the avatar span!

Mububban
19th July 2013, 02:54 PM
With the ridiculous cost of movie tickets and meals, it's a rare treat for us to see a movie on the big screen and have dinner. We probably only see 3 of the big blockbuster movies together a year. Even with a cheap meal at Hans it's minimum $70 for a few hours out.

Do I really want to put any more money in Tom Cruises pocket?

What about his PA, hairdresser, wardrobe, makeup, lighting guy, rigging, stuntman, carpenters, painters, digital effects, camera operators, caterers, drivers, extras, sound engineers etc etc etc.....

markTHEblake
19th July 2013, 03:00 PM
Even with a cheap meal at Hans it's minimum $70 for a few hours out.
thats cheap for three hours. the average wage is more than that.

Nobody complains about the ridiculous salary increases and rising house values.

goughy
19th July 2013, 06:27 PM
What about his PA, hairdresser, wardrobe, makeup, lighting guy, rigging, stuntman, carpenters, painters, digital effects, camera operators, caterers, drivers, extras, sound engineers etc etc etc.....[/COLOR]

I figure he can afford to pay them out of his 20 to 50mil salary.

Mububban
20th July 2013, 05:21 PM
Movie tickets pay for the movie industry as a whole, not just the star actors. Less movies being made means less folks involved in the industry as a whole.

Eldrick
20th July 2013, 08:18 PM
Which means less tripe being pushed out of big studios and more crowd funded indoe flicks :)

markTHEblake
20th July 2013, 09:48 PM
I was using nzbrus for my off site backups until it got the cease and desist letter and shut down for good.
:(

Usenet is still there, and will never be shutdown so NZB downloading is still a better way of doing it, because, the the industries nasty lawyers will never know you are doing it.