PDA

View Full Version : Which book

Brownman
17th July 2013, 09:51 PM
I can access two olde golf books,one by Abe Mitchell,the other book is by robert macdonald,price roughly same,in your opinion,which one would be better

razaar
17th July 2013, 09:55 PM
Brownie
Which Abe Mitchell book?

Brownman
18th July 2013, 04:40 PM
Sorry for my tardiness Ray,golf essentials 1927

razaar
18th July 2013, 08:27 PM
Brownie, The Essentials of Golf is a classic instruction publication. It was considered so important that it is in reprint. It lays the foundation for his follow up publication "Down to Scratch" which is meant for the advanced player. Both books focus on the fundamentals of the "hip swing", Mitchell's name for a swing controlled by the large muscles attached to the pelvis.

I haven't read Macdonalds Golf Drills book, so I can't comment.

Brownman
20th July 2013, 12:42 PM
bought the book today ray,$42.00 free P+H

markTHEblake
20th July 2013, 02:04 PM
I have a soft copy of Down to Scratch.

razaar
20th July 2013, 03:20 PM
bought the book today ray,$42.00 free P+H
Feel free to ask questions if there is something that needs further clarification. Just be aware that it was written by a golfer who played with hickory shafts and who had to deal with torque issues unique to hickory. When he refers to flicking the left wrist through impact that was something unique to his swing because his follow through finished at waist high.

Brownman
20th July 2013, 05:42 PM
Ray,my wife asked me to ask you.........who is the little doll in avatar............gorgeous

razaar
20th July 2013, 07:25 PM
Our youngest grand daughter, Brownie. Your wife is not alone, we gets lots of comments about her stunning looks and personality. Her younger brother is blessed with the same good fortune.