PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: iphone 4 or 4s

Xray
13th July 2013, 08:52 AM
Daughter put her phone through the wash last night and is now looking for another phone and would like an iphone, unlocked preferably. (at the right price) She is 14 and works part time so funds are limited.

What do you guys have?

Cheers
Xray

simmsy
13th July 2013, 08:58 AM
A pricey lesson for her.
Go and get her the basic Telstra phone, it does all that's necessary things and will hopefully teach her a lesson.

Xray
13th July 2013, 09:19 AM
Yeah, it was my old phone she put through the wash, so maybe if she buys this one she may appreciate it better.

goughy
13th July 2013, 09:33 AM
Nope.

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 09:51 AM
Can't be fixed?

meh
13th July 2013, 09:53 AM
A mate of mine had a one week old iphone 5 and left it in his work pants. Wife got up next morning and put the washing on, bye bye iphone.

Xray
13th July 2013, 10:04 AM
Not sure if it can be fixed or not, she pulled it apart last night and then put it back together and it started to make little crackling noises. Could not smell any smoke though : )

goughy
13th July 2013, 10:08 AM
Probably should have left it longer than that. You can try putting it in a zip lock bag with some rice in it to try and draw out some of the moisture. I had a phone that was in my pocket when I jumped in a pool, pulled it apart straight away and when I got home stuck it on the window sill for about a week. Put it back together and it worked fine. But if it's got any moisture in it when you try and turn it on then fizz.

Xray
13th July 2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah, did not know she put it back together, I would have told her not too.

wizard_of_oz
13th July 2013, 10:24 AM
Daughter put her phone through the wash last night and is now looking for another phone and would like an iphone, unlocked preferably. (at the right price) She is 14 and works part time so funds are limited.What do you guys have?CheersXrayGet her to set up an online appointment with your local Apple Store at the Genius Bar. They will replace the phone and give her a newly refurbished one for around $180.

Xray
13th July 2013, 10:26 AM
I would have, but the phoned she washed is an old Samsung.

wizard_of_oz
13th July 2013, 10:31 AM
Oh okay.. I've got a white 16gb iphone 4 in excellent condition (always had screen protector on both sides) if she's interested. $300 delivered?

Xray
13th July 2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks, will ask her when she gets home from work.