PDA

View Full Version : Like a kid in Christmas Eve

SundayHack
10th July 2013, 09:07 PM
I play Royal Melbourne for the first time tomorrow and am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I play the west course tomorrow and back up Friday with a round on the east. Going to be hard getting to sleep tonight lucky the Ashes are on to bore me to sleep... And will probably shit the bed and wake at sparrows first thing in the morn.

LeftyHoges
10th July 2013, 11:28 PM
I play Royal Melbourne for the first time tomorrow and am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I play the west course tomorrow and back up Friday with a round on the east. Going to be hard getting to sleep tonight lucky the Ashes are on to bore me to sleep... And will probably shit the bed and wake at sparrows first thing in the morn.

Best of luck SH. Hope the rain stays away for you on Friday, meant to be a nasty one here in the south-west. Fingers crossed that waits til Saturday for Melbourne.

P.S. which of these is the "Christmas Eve" you are in?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/10/2u6emuqy.jpg

Captain Nemo
11th July 2013, 12:08 AM
Lefty, can you line some of that action up when we come down in Feb....
;)

SundayHack
11th July 2013, 06:31 AM
Best of luck SH. Hope the rain stays away for you on Friday, meant to be a nasty one here in the south-west. Fingers crossed that waits til Saturday for Melbourne.

Not fussy. But with those 2 all my Christmases would have come at once. Yeah Fridays forecast doesn't read well but fingers crossed. Today should be a peach though. So pumped!

highballin
11th July 2013, 08:13 AM

Christmas in July what a great idea ��

popper81
11th July 2013, 09:50 AM
I am jealous.. Enjoy the days!

Full report is required. ;)

SundayHack
11th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Best day ever. Had a 85/72. Could have been a lot better if I didn't double the last 3 holes after birdie on 15. The course is everything I hope for and more. The conditioning is immaculate. Quickest greens I have ever putted on. 10 foot birdie putts, turn into 3 putt bogeys very quickly if your above the hole. Not a bad hole on the course, although I can see how the pros would chew up the par 5's. (I played them in -1). All the par 3's are gems and can rack up a score if you miss the green in the wrong areas. A guy who i was playing with took 10 on 6. If I had to choose a top 5 holes if say 5,6,7,10,18.
Tomorrow it's the East.

chappy1970
11th July 2013, 07:14 PM
Lucky man SH, enjoy

Hatchman
11th July 2013, 07:14 PM
That pic reminds me of the joke "Q. Why is Santa so jolly?, A. Because he knows where all the naughty girls live".

Steve57
11th July 2013, 07:32 PM
Best day ever. Had a 85/72. Could have been a lot better if I didn't double the last 3 holes after birdie on 15. The course is everything I hope for and more. The conditioning is immaculate. Quickest greens I have ever putted on. 10 foot birdie putts, turn into 3 putt bogeys very quickly if your above the hole. Not a bad hole on the course, although I can see how the pros would chew up the par 5's. (I played them in -1). All the par 3's are gems and can rack up a score if you miss the green in the wrong areas. A guy who i was playing with took 10 on 6. If I had to choose a top 5 holes if say 5,6,7,10,18.
Tomorrow it's the East. You won't be disappointed SH. Enjoy!

SundayHack
14th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Backed up the West on Thursday with the East on Friday. Firstly I wished I played them the other way round because I wouldn't have been so harsh on the East. The east holes that are on the main property that make up the composite are just as good as any on the west. Though I found when I crossed the a the road (east course is on 3 blocks of land) the holes were a little less memorable. Don't get me wrong the condition is still top dollar. I just felt there were too many weak holes in the middle of the round. Favourite holes were all on the main property 2.3,16,17,18 being the pick of the bunch.

Maybe if I had played them the other way wrong I wouldn't had been so harsh on the east.

It was an amazing 2 days and can't wait to get back there again. Maybe end of February next year if things go to plan.

SundayHack
14th July 2013, 08:26 PM
25736 Looking down 18east and 1west

Ducky
14th July 2013, 09:27 PM
I haven't played the East course, but I played the West course back in March. It was a fantastic experience. The thing that really stood out for me was the quality of the greens. Certainly, they were quicker than what I am accustomed to, but they were so smooth it was like putting on glass (and enjoyable to do so). I had a decent round going and was only +1 after 10 holes, but then promptly 4-putted on the 11th green. Ha! :D

Mububban
16th July 2013, 12:29 PM

What does it cost if you don't mind me asking? Can anyone get on with enough prior booking time? I've got family in Melbourne and we might be visiting them next year, if so I might save my pennies....