PDA

View Full Version : New Member Senecio

senecio
3rd May 2004, 05:35 AM
G'day

A quick introduction.

Ryan Green, I live at Loganholme on Brisbane's southside and I'm just about to restart my membership at Carbrook golf club. I had been a member there for about five years until 18 months ago when I took a leave of absence due other interests taking up too much of my time. Will need to submit my five cards for my handicap again (Last official handicap was 9). Next round of golf will be today, 8:30am start at Pacific golf club with a few mates from work.

Thankyou to those that have already extended a warm welcome privately.

I will add my current equipment to the what's in the bag post shortly

Ryan

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 05:44 AM
Welcome Ryan 8)

most of us here are from Brissy as well, make sure you keep an eye out on the boards for a game between some of us, and come along :D

Have a good one at Paciific today, i spoke to a mate yesterday who played there and he said the course was in great shape =D>

senecio
3rd May 2004, 05:55 AM
The four of us were at pacific a few weeks ago and to be honest I didn't think that the course was in as good a shape as I have seen it before. However we only played the front nine that is why we are going back today. Last time we were there we were schedule to tee off as 1:30pm and did not start until 2:20pm. It then took us 2 and 3/4 hours to play nine holes.

We had a few choice words to the Pro, very politely explaining to him that they were greedy and tried to get too many people onto the golf course and evetually he agreed to give us vouchers for the nine holes that we did not have time to play.

Better get my stuff together and get my butt moving.

Ryan

BrisVegas
3rd May 2004, 09:22 AM
Hey Ryan!

Welcome aboard mate 8) Hope to catch up with you for a round in Brissy soon. I'm at Goodna (and no, I'm not Samoan!!) and will travel almost anywhere for golf. There are a couple of guys, i.e onewood and Iain, down your way, so I'm sure they'll hook up for a game soon enough.

Hit em straight eh!

Dion

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2004, 10:05 AM
We had a few choice words to the Pro, very politely explaining to him that they were greedy and tried to get too many people onto the golf course and evetually he agreed to give us vouchers for the nine holes that we did not have time to play.

G'day Ryan,

Half your luck. I had a 5+ hour round yesterday in Sydney (Gordon GC), a crappy par 65 (ACR 63). How can you have a 5 hour round on a course like that? It's happened before, and will happen again. As i've mentioned elsewhere, Golf in Sydney is out of control.

But here if you mention it to the pro or the office, they couldn't give a farnarkling hoot. The problem with this particular course on a Sunday is that they will let on social groups and public before the comp start time of 9:30am.

To make matters worse, when we were playing the final hole the public was well and truly on the course. I sliced my drive well right onto the next hole and never found the ball - but when i was about 150 mtrs away from where i thought it landed i saw 2 social players pick something off the ground. I'll never know, but i do suspect they flogged my ball.

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2004, 10:24 AM
South?!
I can take a hint, but if you want me to be further from you, you just need to ask ;)

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 10:29 AM
Welcome Ryan,
I like Carbrook 8) good to see a member on the board :D Maybe able to get a hit in your Sat comp one week :wink:

Played there with a couple of mate a few month ago and they got me lost on the back nine there :D :D took me down the old 12th :roll:

jaster
3rd May 2004, 01:15 PM
Welcome to our forum :) Hope to catch up with a round in Brissy soon :)

senecio
3rd May 2004, 01:27 PM
Hi Ryan...I used to live at Logandale but recently moved down the Gold Coast.

That name of yours sounds familiar...you're not a soccer player by any chance ?

Yes I do/did play soccer. I played for Beenleigh for years but age and injuries are catching up, hence the return to playing more regular golf.

Should I know you?

I now live in Logandale myself.

Ryan

AndyP
3rd May 2004, 04:03 PM
Hi Ryan

Welcome to the site.

I had a hit at Carbrook a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Found the course to be dry and hard compared to many other courses around at the moment.

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 04:07 PM
Played there with a couple of mate a few month ago and they got me lost on the back nine there :D :D took me down the old 12th :roll:

i was following you :roll: :lol:

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 04:09 PM

i was following you :roll: :lol:

Must have been Trung :D

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2004, 06:47 PM
Any none of you other clowns let on either !

Ryan, it's Ian Thorpe. He just likes to remain anonymous when he can. Sorry G69, i'm like a kid with a new word when i get a secret, i have to tell it to everybody....

Trung
3rd May 2004, 07:34 PM

oi oi, someone need to correct this man memory. :twisted: