PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Mug Profile - July 2013 - Waddzy

Courty
8th July 2013, 05:57 PM
Username: waddzy

Home club: Gold Coast country club

How often do you play: every Saturday this year , although starting to take more days off midweek lately

Current handicap: 15.5

Lowest ever: 15.5

Dream handicap: would be scratch , think that's what everyone wants but I would be extremely happy to hit single figures

How long have you played golf: 9 months now since I bought the cheap set , 7 months since I joined a club and got my new sticks. Had an official handicap for 5 months now

How did you catch the golfing bug: a mate from work played golf and invited me out , bought a cheap nasty set of clubs off eBay played one round and found myself spending over 1k on a proper set up about 7 weeks later along with a club membership

What's currently in your bag: razr fit driver and 3 wood , razr x hybrid and razr black irons , few cg16 wedges and a taylormade spider ghost putter

What golf ball do you use: been a mix thanks to Blakeys thread but onto the pro v1"s for this round and think they may stick around

Dream golf purchase: not really sure here.. I would prefer more time to practice and play rather than gear but am keen on getting a range finder

Favourite course played: well I've only really played 5 courses but so far lakelands takes the cake. Looking forward to champs and I'm sure they will change that

Dream golf destination: would have to be Augusta, would be an amazing trip

If you could pick three others dead or alive , to play a round with who would they be: would have to be Ian poults, bubba Watson and Campbell quirk( + 5 marker at my club ) I would love to see them play at my course and see what they all shoot,and then Atleast I would have someone to continue talking about the round to every week !

If you could pick three ozgolfers to play a round with who would they be: lefty to watch him flush it while being fashionable doing it, titleist seems like a great bloke who loves a punt and Shavey or ferrins to add humour to round

Favourite golf memory: As I said not playing for very long my best memory would have to be playing my opening 5 holes in my first club champ matchplay game 5 under par.. 3 birds and an eagle, finished the 9 level par but

Ever had a hole in one: nope closest I've ever been was 3 inches on a par 4

Have you ever had a "solarman moment": First match of pennants the other week I managed to top my drive 10m , top a hybrid another 10m , repeated shot 2 and then knocked a 5 iron onto the green and made a 6 ( still won the hole)

Favourite current tour player: Big easy for sure, such a smooth swing

Favourite golfer past or present: same as above, watching him swing has helped me get away from trying to smash the ball

Favourite Aussie golfer: Jason day , can't wait until he holds himself under pressure and gets a big win

mrbluu
8th July 2013, 06:18 PM
Dream golf purchase: not really sure here.. I would prefer more time to practice and play rather than gear but am keen on getting a range finder

I'm not sure you belong here....;-)

Congrats on the win mate!!

Lagerlover
8th July 2013, 06:20 PM
Nice one Wad.

popper81
8th July 2013, 11:20 PM
Well done Waddzy.

Good write up.... 5 under for your first 5 holes, you fit right in around here. Looks like we have a new champs fave ;)

Waddzy
9th July 2013, 04:53 AM
Well done Waddzy.

Good write up.... 5 under for your first 5 holes, you fit right in around here. Looks like we have a new champs fave ;)

I crumbled back to even par but mate , still my best 9 holes ever haha. And Mrbluu I only want practice over gear because Ive already spent a lot more than I told myself for this whole year.. and its July.

Monsta
9th July 2013, 09:30 AM
Well done Waddzy

LeftyHoges
9th July 2013, 10:52 AM
If you could pick three ozgolfers to play a round with who would they be: lefty to watch him flush it while being fashionable doing it, titleist seems like a great bloke who loves a punt and Shavey or ferrins to add humour to round

I'm honoured Waddzy, but it must be the fashion thing because if you wanted to watch a flusher there's at least a handful of blokes ahead of me (and some are WELL ahead) on this forum! :lol:

Glad to see that spreadsheet I gave you is clearly working wonders for your scores and handicap.

Great work mate! Single figures in no time!

P.S. IF I get to QLD champs this year we'll have to have a hit.

Waddzy
9th July 2013, 11:01 AM
I'm honoured Waddzy, but it must be the fashion thing because if you wanted to watch a flusher there's at least a handful of blokes ahead of me (and some are WELL ahead) on this forum! :lol:

Glad to see that spreadsheet I gave you is clearly working wonders for your scores and handicap.

Great work mate! Single figures in no time!

P.S. IF I get to QLD champs this year we'll have to have a hit.

Mate spreadsheet did wonders, common mistake was club selection off the tee, Hopefully you do make the trek up here as I cant make it down for your champs next year.

Shortylook
9th July 2013, 11:54 PM
Nice work

golf2013
10th July 2013, 08:42 PM
Good work waddzy

davepuppies
11th July 2013, 06:19 AM
Great write up!