PDA

View Full Version : Tougher stuff than regular fly screen....

goughy
5th July 2013, 07:05 AM
That you can put in your regular screen door frames yourself, and that cats are less likely to scratch through. Once we put in a cat door she stopped scratching at the screens, and putting holes in them. But now she's gonna be an inside cat and while it's winter it's no issues as the doors are shut, but in summer we'll have to stop her getting through the screens.

Anyone know of some stuff you can put in them yourself?

PeteyD
5th July 2013, 07:12 AM
Normal screen is crap. I think it is fibreglass or something. You can get aluminium based which is a bit heavier. There is also dog proof which is heavier again. All in rolls at bunnings etc.

Dangals
5th July 2013, 07:14 AM
You can definately get thicker fly screen material that is supposedly cat friendly - we got ours fitted with the screen door but I am sure you can get it separately.

Just had a quick google and you will find it called "paw proof" and seem there are plenty of places you can get it

mike
5th July 2013, 07:22 AM
Sheet metal. Hooked up to 4 million volts.

mike
5th July 2013, 07:22 AM
No I don't like cats.

Dcanto
5th July 2013, 07:39 AM
Sheet metal. Hooked up to 4 million volts. Brilliant suggestion. I don't like cats either.

Lobsta
5th July 2013, 07:43 AM
In the winter, rent your cat out to andylo. Problem solved.

AndyP
5th July 2013, 08:10 AM
Go to Bunnings. I installed some heavy duty stuff after my sister's dog ripped up our standard screen.

goughy
5th July 2013, 11:43 AM
In the winter, rent your cat out to andylo. Problem solved.

Don't think he'd take it, with only 3 legs and all. Would be like booking the prostitute with a stump for a leg.

Dotty
5th July 2013, 11:51 AM
Don't think he'd take it, with only 3 legs and all. Would be like vision the prostitute with a stump for a leg.
Depends.

Does it come with a disabled parking permit?

davepuppies
9th July 2013, 06:23 AM
We recently got all of our windows fitted with new fly screens.
We went with a material called tough mesh, that is cat proof, and made of aluminium instead of the traditional nylon.