PDA

View Full Version : Kuchar Putting

petethepilot
3rd July 2013, 12:29 PM
With the demise of anchored putting, I believe a few people are experimenting with MK's style of putting
(Putter locked on arm). This requires a significant change to putter lofts (ie loft of 7 to 8 * vrs the standard 4*)!
Has anybody had a go at it ?

Pete

Here is some info on it!

www.golfwrx.com/102564/bettinardi-kuchar-model-1-putter-editor-review/

Dangals
3rd July 2013, 12:34 PM
I just picked up a kuchar putter and should have it soon - happy to let you know what I think when I get it

IanO
3rd July 2013, 12:39 PM
I am betting it will be expensive!

Dangals
3rd July 2013, 12:55 PM
I am betting it will be expensive!

The same price as a regular Scotty's so not really (based on golfonline which is one of the only places to get the Kuchar putter locally)

Its less than what I paid for my custom Lajosi as well...

mrbluu
3rd July 2013, 01:13 PM
I just picked up a kuchar putter and should have it soon - happy to let you know what I think when I get it Why would u bother? You put great with your one!

Dangals
3rd July 2013, 01:32 PM
Why would u bother? You put great with your one!

like we spoke last about it - there are days when it is just shite and if this method leads to better consistency then I am all for it. Plus it will be the first time in over a year I have had more than one putter and my inner ho was being fitted for a straight jacket!

Also I had a play around using a hybrid and putting the same style and it just feels so solid so really looking forward to trying it out - if it doesn't work for me it will be up in the pro shop.

sms316
3rd July 2013, 01:36 PM
With the demise of anchored putting, I believe a few people are experimenting with MK's style of putting
(Putter locked on arm). This requires a significant change to putter lofts (ie loft of 7 to 8 * vrs the standard 4*)!
Has anybody had a go at it ?

Pete

Here is some info on it!

www.golfwrx.com/102564/bettinardi-kuchar-model-1-putter-editor-review/ (http://www.golfwrx.com/102564/bettinardi-kuchar-model-1-putter-editor-review/)
It must suck to get old Pete.

:-s

mrbluu
3rd July 2013, 02:51 PM
like we spoke last about it - there are days when it is just shite and if this method leads to better consistency then I am all for it. Plus it will be the first time in over a year I have had more than one putter and my inner ho was being fitted for a straight jacket!

Also I had a play around using a hybrid and putting the same style and it just feels so solid so really looking forward to trying it out - if it doesn't work for me it will be up in the pro shop.

The bolded bit was all you needed to write.....

petethepilot
3rd July 2013, 03:54 PM
It must suck to get old Pete.

:-s

It does Sean......but it beats the alternative!

I have a Belly putter That I stopped using due to the hate campaign (plus the rules decision) so I am looking at alternatives as to what I can do with it! Putted all year in Pennants with a 33" putter with good results so all is not lost. What I struggle with is putting in decent practice with the short putter. My back cracks up after about 5 minutes!

All of this is in front of you SMS.

Pete

razaar
3rd July 2013, 04:57 PM
Toughen up Pete.:)

petethepilot
3rd July 2013, 05:19 PM
I'm in Hobart, you're in Brisbane. Who needs to toughen up Ray!

razaar
3rd July 2013, 06:51 PM
Good point. Why are you down there, when you could be up here in the sunshine? You do know that's how Melbourne came about - Tassie people had enough.;)

sms316
3rd July 2013, 06:57 PM
Good point. Why are you down there, when you could be up here in the sunshine? You do know that's how Melbourne came about - Tassie people had enough.;) Melbourne is proof that Tasmanians can swim Ray.

razaar
3rd July 2013, 07:24 PM
Melbourne is proof that Tasmanians can swim Ray.
Would economic refugees be too harsh, Shaun?

Dangals
6th July 2013, 04:08 PM
well with only about 20 minutes practice before the round and maybe another 20 carpet rolling at home it went into play in the MM.

Opened with a 14 footer on the first and just kept sinking them - 26 putts later (a couple of easy up and downs) I think it is going to be staying in the bag for quite some time.

It is super stable and easy to keep on line. It has a nice feel off the face and the weight is perfect (well for me anyway). I found if I wasn't holing them then I was just leaving simple tap ins. One of my normal misses is a pull on the shorter putts but that didn't happen once today and I can feel confident that the stroke wont break down and all I have to do is get my line and speed correct.

For anyone who is struggling with their putting I would highly recommend the arm-lock method.