PDA

View Full Version : Frank Foley Trophy at Gailes GC - Sunday the 4 July OPEN

macleod
29th June 2004, 12:27 PM
OPEN Single Stroke format Frank Foley Memorial at Gailes this Sunday the 4th of July. Off the Blues.

It's a QGU listed event for the AB / WK Trophies,

Handicap limit is 18 .

Andy, u want another trophy?

AndyP
29th June 2004, 04:10 PM
Andy, u want another trophy?
I did notice this one was coming up, unfortunately it's the same old excuse. I'm in Canberra. :(

macleod
30th June 2004, 09:55 AM
ooh, and the Entry fee is $16.50.

Angus Buchanan event? can't remember the other WK name...

these AB/WK event are held all over the clubs? if anyone can avail me to what they are id appreciate it.

BrisVegas
30th June 2004, 12:48 PM
sorry Scott. Usually I'd be all over a game at Gailes, but I got plans on Sunday.

Hope you get at least a foursome from ozgolf.

Jarro
30th June 2004, 07:55 PM
sorry Macca, i'm Nudgee'ing it this sunday :wink:

macleod
1st July 2004, 09:50 AM
is it Open this sunday at nudgee or would i be paying the full banana?

AndyP
1st July 2004, 02:59 PM
these AB/WK event are held all over the clubs? if anyone can avail me to what they are id appreciate it.

This should help.

http://www.bdga.org.au/PROGRAM%20JUL%20-%20SEP.htm

BrisVegas
1st July 2004, 06:24 PM
Macca,

Just found out I will be in Brisbane on Sunday :) Is it too late to get a game with you at Gailes? I could prolly find another 1 or two as well if you need..

Dion

AndyP
2nd July 2004, 10:24 PM
Macca,

Just found out I will be in Brisbane on Sunday :) Is it too late to get a game with you at Gailes? I could prolly find another 1 or two as well if you need..

Dion

Two of us in. That makes an official OzGolf Day. 8)

BrisVegas
3rd July 2004, 07:30 AM
Booked in at 7:32 as a twosome...

BrisVegas
AndyP
??
??

If anyone else wants a game, let me know quickly. :!: Those spare two spots will probably fill up as the Saturday comp members come through today.

ozmacleod - I just sms'd you.... Are you still interested in this??

Jarro
3rd July 2004, 07:33 AM
ozmacleod - I just sms'd you.... Are you still interested in this??

i thought he was organising it :? :smt017

BrisVegas
3rd July 2004, 10:40 AM
OK, I'm not home this arvo, so if someone else wants a game tomorrow call the club directly and join us.

Peace Out. 8)

macleod
3rd July 2004, 03:34 PM
coolio, i think i busted my hand moutain biking today...i'll see how she feels in a few hours and SMS...

BrisVegas
4th July 2004, 01:11 PM
Well, we're back from Gailes, slightly battered and bruised. Course was set up about as tough as it gets. Tees were at the VERY back tips. Pins were tucked over bunkers etc. Greens were like lightning.

There. that's the excuses out of the way :oops: :wink:

I had an 85 (nett 79). Andy had a 96 (nett 83). I think we both played a lot better than those scores, just that we both had a couple of explosions. Andy finished 8-4-8 for example. I had a triple & double on the back and missed a stack of putts.

Shot of the day for me was 3 wood (yes - 3 wood) on the par 3 6th. It was playing 215m today with the pin at the back edge... I stuck it to 169cm, so finger's crossed for a NTP prize! No, I missed the damn putt. In fact, I think I missed every damn putt... :evil:

Gailes is a tough bloody course from the tips. :shock: :shock:

AndyP
4th July 2004, 05:31 PM
I had an 85 (nett 79). Andy had a 96 (nett 83). I think we both played a lot better than those scores, just that we both had a couple of explosions. Andy finished 8-4-8 for example.

Agreed. I thought my back nine was relatively solid. First 8 was from a shocker T-shot, which I was never able to recover from. The last was because I had a care factor of zero at that stage. Also the only two holes I three putted on.

For some reason, I always struggle at Gailes. :smt102
Playing from the back certainly didn't help. Made it a bit too long for me, especially when I wasn't using the driver for the day.

Vegas, you forgot to mention my 5W approach shot on the 7th. My favourite shot of the day. :wink:

Thanks for the day, mate. 8)

Jarro
4th July 2004, 05:40 PM
so was it only the 2 of you out there today :?: :?

AndyP
4th July 2004, 06:52 PM
so was it only the 2 of you out there today :?: :?
Affirmative. Two OzGolfers. 8)

BrisVegas
5th July 2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks for reminding me Andy, I forgot to mention YOUR shot of the day!!!

Andy (let's just call him the Enforcer from now on) had been getting increasingly peeved at our 3hcap playing partner walking ahead of him before he'd played his shots. He put up with it for a while, with a few dark stares and grumbles, but by the 7th hole it all got too much for him.

The 7th hole is a 400 metre downhill, straight par 4. Andy was probably 180 out after his 3 wood tee shot, and was waiting for the green to clear. Meanwhile, the offending playing partner had wandered off in front of Andy to his ball about 30 metres ahead and also in the left rough. Well, the green cleared and Andy unleashed his 5 wood from the first cut. It came out and about thigh height with a pull and smashed into aforementioned playing partners bag. :lol: :lol: The poor little bugger almost sh$t himself. :shock: Thankfully he was a metre away doing his preshot routine. He took a few minutes to compose himself, did a "sign of the cross" and played his shot and then walked in front of Andy again... He didn't seem to get the idea.

Andy had another crack at him on the next hole, but didn't manage to hit him or his bag. We figured out at the next green that Andy's ball had collected the guy's Rossa putter cover. The red smudge on the ball was the giveaway. I think this guy was used to playing pennants with guys who never hit a shot offline, yet alone the odd pull-screamer. It certainly pays to expect the unexpected when you're out on the course. Especially when you walk in front of the "Enforcer" :twisted:

P.S. CCR was 73 yesterday and Gailes have updated golflink already! Looks like a new era of efficiency for Gailes.

Jarro
5th July 2004, 10:41 AM
thanks for the report BrisVegas 8)

i'll make sure to walk at least 3 paces behind "The Enforcer" next time i have a round with him :wink: :lol:

AndyP, you're game can't be in that bad shape if you can intentionaly hit a putter cover from 30/40 meters :shock:

Fishman Dan
5th July 2004, 10:44 AM
AndyP, you're game can't be in that bad shape if you can intentionaly hit a putter cover from 30/40 meters :shock:

I think he was aiming at the person though... What went through your head Andy? Same as me trying to hit around a tree?? "These humans are 90% air ..." Seems to work for me - i hit the middle of the tree every time..

And to think he was such a nice, quiet kinda guy...

Jarro
5th July 2004, 10:49 AM
And to think he was such a nice, quiet kinda guy...

whatever gave you that impression Fishy :? :roll:

another case of a mild mannered person becoming a raging maniac as soon as a golf club is in their hand..

.. happens all the time :wink:

Iain
5th July 2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks for reminding me Andy, I forgot to mention YOUR shot of the day!!!

Andy (let's just call him the Enforcer from now on) had been getting increasingly peeved at our 3hcap playing partner walking ahead of him before he'd played his shots. He put up with it for a while, with a few dark stares and grumbles, but by the 7th hole it all got too much for him.

The 7th hole is a 400 metre downhill, straight par 4. Andy was probably 180 out after his 3 wood tee shot, and was waiting for the green to clear. Meanwhile, the offending playing partner had wandered off in front of Andy to his ball about 30 metres ahead and also in the left rough. Well, the green cleared and Andy unleashed his 5 wood from the first cut. It came out and about thigh height with a pull and smashed into aforementioned playing partners bag. :lol: :lol: The poor little bugger almost sh$t himself. :shock: Thankfully he was a metre away doing his preshot routine. He took a few minutes to compose himself, did a "sign of the cross" and played his shot and then walked in front of Andy again... He didn't seem to get the idea.

Andy had another crack at him on the next hole, but didn't manage to hit him or his bag. We figured out at the next green that Andy's ball had collected the guy's Rossa putter cover. The red smudge on the ball was the giveaway. I think this guy was used to playing pennants with guys who never hit a shot offline, yet alone the odd pull-screamer. It certainly pays to expect the unexpected when you're out on the course. Especially when you walk in front of the "Enforcer" :twisted:

P.S. CCR was 73 yesterday and Gailes have updated golflink already! Looks like a new era of efficiency for Gailes.

Great Shot Andy!!!!!! :smt043 :smt044 :smt038

AndyP
5th July 2004, 03:28 PM
Beautifully told, Vegas. Glad I left the telling to you. :D

Mind you, I stiffed my next shot to within a couple of metres.

Peoples, Beware "The Enforcer". :lol:

AndyP
5th July 2004, 03:38 PM
Congrats to Vegas on his great shot on the 6th.
Your NTP held. Great stuff considering the quality of players that would have been in the field. :D

BrisVegas
5th July 2004, 06:29 PM
Excellent!! 8) :lol: :D I could use some new golf balls... I was using a Callaway HX Black that I found last time I played. :cry:

Where'd you see that news Andy? :?:

Jarro
5th July 2004, 06:47 PM

Channel 10 .... 5:45pm :P :wink:

Congrats Dion.... Precept Utri Extra Spins if i'm not mistaken :roll:

AndyP
6th July 2004, 04:27 PM
Monday's Courier Mail. 8)