PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed my first hole in one

Aussielongdriver
25th December 2005, 11:56 PM
I friend of mine had a hole in 1 in the Sat comp at liverpool on the 4th with another lipping out at the same hole.

This is the first time I have ever seen it happen.

1st guy hit it to 8 feet
2nd holed out
I hit it to 6 feet
last guy ran over the lip to finish 1 foot away.

Also on Sat I hit my longest drive ever in a comp where I drove the ball through the back of the 12th green just missing the flag.
The 12th was playing 376metres down wind , we paced it out to be a total of 390 metres. I was using the new Cobra Speed series driver with a stock x flex fuji shaft at std length.

Stephen

markTHEblake
27th December 2005, 09:08 AM
nice drive, but i am more interested in whats your longest drive with a steel shaft, wooden head and a titleist balata?

Would be interesting to see how blokes like George Bell would stack up against Mark Bylsma. Has anyone else 3 putted for a birdie?

Jarro
27th December 2005, 09:44 AM
nice drive,   but i am more interested in whats your longest drive with a steel shaft, wooden head and a titleist balata?      

stop living in the past Blakey :roll:

the only 2 places i can think of where i'd find those 2 things would be :

1/ your bag

2/ a museum

Courty
27th December 2005, 11:11 PM
stop living in the past Blakey  :roll:

the only 2 places i can think of where i'd find those 2 things would be :

1/ your bag

2/ a museum

:lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
28th December 2005, 07:34 AM
Jarro, i think you missed the point.

George Bell makes nudgee look like a runt. I wonder how far he could hit it with the new gear, my guess is not much further. You probably wouldnt have heard of him but he was aussie long driving champ many years running.

Another one of his feats which is largely unknown is his ability to piss over a bus. A lot of blokes lost that bet.

peter_rs
28th December 2005, 10:05 AM
Cobra Speed series are nice

AndyP
28th December 2005, 03:25 PM
Never had a hole in one.
Never seen a hole in one.
I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Jarro
28th December 2005, 03:41 PM
i saw Damoocow have a hole-in-one at Nudgee a few years back ... quite a shot actually 8)

I'll let him describe it to you :wink:

AndyP
28th December 2005, 04:34 PM
I don't think it counts if the hole doesn't exist anymore.....

Jarro
28th December 2005, 05:08 PM
I don't think it counts if the hole doesn't exist anymore.....

Ahhh ... but it will always be etched into the memory of those that were there on that glorius day :wink: