PDA

View Full Version : cobra driver service trouble

dean0820
23rd June 2013, 11:30 PM
g'day all.
here's the situ...
new cobra driver purchased, 3 months normal use only, haven't hit anything other than golf ball, club now has noticeable indentation on crown.
took club back to place of purchase, as you might expect, no help at all. they say; 1. they can't do anything (even for a regular customer) 2. it doesn't change performance of club so live with it, 3. they will ask cobra but expect no joy.

would love to know what you think.

simmsy
23rd June 2013, 11:57 PM
Where u but from?

Read the riot act. The club is under warranty.

Dotty
24th June 2013, 07:28 AM
Cobra were very good, when I had a new driver's sole crack. Replacement sent straight away.

This was in 2006, when they were under the Acushnet banner. I'd expect the same support now under the Puma banner.

goughy
24th June 2013, 07:45 AM
Through normal use, how would you get an indentation on the crown? Just wondering.

BroKar
24th June 2013, 08:18 AM
Was thinking exactly the same thing, post pics

virge666
24th June 2013, 09:26 AM
Through normal use, how would you get an indentation on the crown? Just wondering.

Was thinking exactly the same thing, post pics

if you cave the face - the crown will sometimes indent.

take back and get replacement.

graham_w
24th June 2013, 12:36 PM
My Razr Fit Xtreme had some spots on the top of the club where the clear coat was coming off. Shop i took it back to said id damaged it by spilling something on it and wouldn't be covered by warranty. I insisted they send it back to Callaway and lo and behold it was replaced with a new head under warranty.

Point to the story - if you think its a manufacturing issue, push the store to send it back. Don't take the stores word for it.

live4golf
24th June 2013, 02:02 PM
Cobra are fantastic, never had an issue with them. I had a weight come out of my old X Speed and m Pro said they'd never even look at it. I insisted and he called them, they said to send it back...they sent a new driver back.

Graham has it right, push them.

dean0820
24th June 2013, 07:28 PM
thanks for all your comments fellas. if i knew how it happened, i would've said so. it just appeared out of the blue, so i honestly believe it's a manufacturing issue.
bought at wembley golf course. lack of support from staff is very disappointing. will upload pics when i get home.

Bruce Dickinson
24th June 2013, 08:05 PM
thanks for all your comments fellas. if i knew how it happened, i would've said so. it just appeared out of the blue, so i honestly believe it's a manufacturing issue.bought at wembley golf course. lack of support from staff is very disappointing. will upload pics when i get home.On the case, I've sent you a PM

dean0820
24th June 2013, 10:02 PM

a big thank you to bruce dickinson for offering to look into this for me. here's a pic for those interested. indentation is near the toe, just behind the face of club.

simmsy
25th June 2013, 12:59 AM
Good work Bruce.

virge666
25th June 2013, 10:53 AM
a big thank you to bruce dickinson for offering to look into this for me. here's a pic for those interested. indentation is near the toe, just behind the face of club.

yeah - good luck.

That is a iron hitting the driver in the bag, or something similar.

That aint manufacturing. sorry.

Johnny Canuck
25th June 2013, 11:19 AM
yeah - good luck.That is a iron hitting the driver in the bag, or something similar.That aint manufacturing. sorry. That was exactly what I thought as well.Hopefully Cobra takes care of him.

Hatchman
25th June 2013, 05:14 PM
Looks very much like a dent from an iron to be in that spot. Would have expected the paint to be chipped thou too.

dean0820
25th June 2013, 08:50 PM
aha! nice to see hatchman think this one through. believe me, the iron on driver idea has already been considered and dismissed. love the authority you speak with though virge. if i even suspected for one second that it was an iron hitting the club that caused it, i would not be asking for assistance. before people go all ozgolf and start arguing at me, i should point out that i really appreciate all your comments and i invite further comment, but i am not looking for an ozgolf style debate. feel free to argue amongst yourselves if you like though. thanks again to bruce dickinson for following up on this for me, i am very grateful.

virge666
25th June 2013, 10:38 PM
thanks again to bruce dickinson for following up on this for me, i am very grateful.

Been in and around the industry for quite and while and I have seen a few clubs in my time. I would be interested to see what part of the club failed to cause that indentation. :)

If Bruce can get that through Cobra / Puma, you're doing well. As I said - Good Luck.

dean0820
26th June 2013, 12:37 AM
Been in and around the industry for quite and while and I have seen a few clubs in my time. I would be interested to see what part of the club failed to cause that indentation. :)

If Bruce can get that through Cobra / Puma, you're doing well. As I said - Good Luck.

congratulations on your work in the industry virge. and also your ozgolf work, which i suspect takes up far more time and brings you greater satisfaction.

timah!
26th June 2013, 07:56 AM
...would love to know what you think.

Obviously didn't really want to know what we thought.
Good luck.

virge666
26th June 2013, 08:14 AM
Obviously didn't really want to know what we thought.
Good luck.

Ha !

You think ???

timah!
26th June 2013, 09:09 AM
Ha !

You think ???

I am so smart.
I am so smart
S M R T
S M R.... D'oh!

rubin
26th June 2013, 09:12 AM
Given that this is still a discussion forum, why are you having a to at people who are offering suggestions. If u didn't want any comments, suggestions, advice or otherwise - don't post it.

dean0820
26th June 2013, 09:32 AM
Given that this is still a discussion forum, why are you having a to at people who are offering suggestions. If u didn't want any comments, suggestions, advice or otherwise - don't post it.

"...appreciate all your comments and i invite further comment, but i am not looking for an ozgolf style debate."
what i was trying to succinctly say is that i DO want to hear what you think but i'm NOT into the "discussion" style of ozgolf, so please don't expect me to argue about this for a week. agreed, i should not have responded to virge's comment, that was just silly. now, please carry on.

BUSHY
26th June 2013, 10:12 AM
"...appreciate all your comments and i invite further comment, but i am not looking for an ozgolf style debate."
what i was trying to succinctly say is that i DO want to hear what you think but i'm NOT into the "discussion" style of ozgolf, so please don't expect me to argue about this for a week. agreed, i should not have responded to virge's comment, that was just SILLY now, please carry on.

Huh??

BUSHY
26th June 2013, 10:12 AM
would love to know what you think.

Huh?

Funky_Cliff
26th June 2013, 10:15 AM
So you start a topic on Ozgolf looking for thoughts and opinions, but then state that you aren't into an Ozgolf style discussion?

Surely this is a wind-up...

Daves
26th June 2013, 10:19 AM
Simple Physics would suggest to me that the only way an indentation can happen is force from the outside. Creation of a serious vacuum inside the head, is the only way I can think of the cause (of the outside force) emanating from inside the club. My opinion would be blunt force trauma from the outside.....

http://static.tvgcdn.net/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Cq_Cz/CSI_Miami/csi-miami.jpg

simmsy
26th June 2013, 10:20 AM
I feel as though Deano would have been happier to continue this discussion if ppl had of said "yeah that's a club failure, take it Fil boar to cobra"
But due to ppl that have a fair bit of experience in the industry saying it perhaps look like an impact ding not a failure he doesn't like what he's reading.

rubin
26th June 2013, 10:23 AM
what i was trying to succinctly say is that i DO want to hear what you think but i'm NOT into the "discussion" style of ozgolf, so please don't expect me to argue about this for a week. agreed, i should not have responded to virge's comment, that was just silly. now, please carry on.

So u want comments, but you don't want Ozgolf comments.

Perhaps by posting on OzGolf, you were looking for ISG or Gwrx comments?

Johnny Canuck
26th June 2013, 10:24 AM
Do you put your clubs in the boot of your car, Dean?

Dotty
26th June 2013, 10:30 AM
Although the crown may not have been struck when playing, it may have been damaged by an iron in the car boot or aircraft hold.

I had this question asked, when I had a Nike driver shaft break.

Yossarian
26th June 2013, 11:06 AM
He just wants people not to be wankers. I reckon it was probably Rubes' uncle.

Collis
26th June 2013, 10:46 PM
Be interesting to see if a replacement driver is given.

I don't like the chances.

mrbluu
26th June 2013, 11:13 PM
g'day all.
Would love to know what you think, as long as you agree with me.

lmftfy

BayBum
27th June 2013, 08:04 AM
Simple Physics would suggest to me that the only way an indentation can happen is force from the outside. Creation of a serious vacuum inside the head, is the only way I can think of the cause (of the outside force) emanating from inside the club. My opinion would be blunt force trauma from the outside.....http://static.tvgcdn.net/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Cq_Cz/CSI_Miami/csi-miami.jpg LMAO Awesome Dave :)

PeteyD
27th June 2013, 09:00 AM
So what have Cobra (Puma or whoever it is now) said?

Collis
30th June 2013, 05:16 PM
Dean,
Any progress on this?

dean0820
2nd July 2013, 02:19 PM
g'day all,
shop have offered a replacement head at half price.

PeteyD
2nd July 2013, 02:22 PM
That doesn't seem unreasonable.

Johnny Canuck
2nd July 2013, 02:30 PM
Ask for a free set of iron covers.

simmsy
2nd July 2013, 06:07 PM
Bwah ha ha ha!