PDA

View Full Version : Week Beginning 19th December

990B Luva
19th December 2005, 04:39 PM
Played Jindalee today had 74 off the stick (38-36) for a NET 57 and yes i am getting handicapped on this round (down to 14.2 i hope)

BrisVegas
19th December 2005, 04:44 PM
STRUTH!!!! Surely nett 57 is some kind of (good) ozgolf record.

8) :shock:

990B Luva
19th December 2005, 04:46 PM
BUGGER i just checked golflink and i only dropped to 15.1

3oneday
19th December 2005, 04:59 PM
STRUTH!!!!  Surely nett 57 is some kind of (good) ozgolf record.

8)  :shock:what par is it ???? :shock: :shock:

AndyP
19th December 2005, 05:05 PM
STRUTH!!!!  Surely nett 57 is some kind of (good) ozgolf record.

8)  :shock:what par is it ???? :shock:  :shock:
Par 66 CCR 63.

I'd say well done 990B, but it sounds like you played to what your handicap should be.

Flowergirl
19th December 2005, 05:25 PM
Played in the Mixed American Foursomes on the weekend. ( both players tee off - then swap over and hit partners ball - then pick the best one and play normal foursomes - sounds confusing but it is fun)
My partner and I were runners up - but were four shots behind the winners. Played some good golf and had a great time.

Oh - but I have now officially become old. I now have an electric cart. :shock:

Jarro
19th December 2005, 06:19 PM
Played Jindalee today had 74 off the stick (38-36) for a NET 57 and yes i am getting handicapped on this round (down to 14.2 i hope)

:shock: s h i t e .... well played 990Burglar :wink:

Ona
19th December 2005, 09:46 PM
BUGGER i just checked golflink and i only dropped to 15.1
muahaha, CCR's are great :twisted:

on a lighter note, my run of good scores has ended :cry: 4 putted today :? :oops:

shavey
20th December 2005, 01:01 AM
In response to 990's record attempt, I just posted some details regarding my last round on Sunday.

Played off a handicap of 10, Par 72, CCR 71 - Shavey went deep with 71 off the stick! :D

Please don't wake me up....

BrisVegas
20th December 2005, 08:07 AM
GREAT shooting shavey!! 8)

Stoney
21st December 2005, 02:56 PM
Corporate Day at Hope Island Yesterday - Played with your fair dinkum once a year golfers and spent the day looking for balls. Off the whites so not a true test, but the wind blew a little on the back nine.

The distraction did my game the world of good.

1 under 35 on the front - 8 pars 1 birdie
5 under 31 on the back - 4 pars 5 birdies

16 Greens, 14 Fairways, 27 putts

Birdied 3, 10, 12, 14, 16 & 17 (no Par 5's)

Was over the green for 2 on 3 of the Pars 5's and failed to get up and down, so it could have been better.

Gotta love this game :D

BrisVegas
21st December 2005, 03:00 PM
Crikey Pete. :o Settle down, you're making the rest of us (shavey excepted) look bad. :roll: :roll:

You joined a club yet? About time you got a handicap and started playing golf for real..... :wink:

AndyP
21st December 2005, 03:04 PM
You joined a club yet?  About time you got a handicap and started playing golf for real.....  :wink:
When are you turning pro, Stoney?

Stoney
21st December 2005, 03:24 PM
When are you turning pro, Stoney?

Never, thought about it once and lost my enjoyment of the game. Bring on the Corporate Day.

BrisWesty
21st December 2005, 06:00 PM
Fantastic efforts Stoney, Shavey and 990B.

We're not worthy.

Moe Norman
21st December 2005, 11:31 PM
played the east course at Royal Melbourne yesterday and had approximately 10 over but wasn't scoring as I was too busy crying over the horrific cashmore effort on 7 and 8 and the shocking square tee on 15!

BrisVegas
22nd December 2005, 08:19 AM
played the east course at Royal Melbourne yesterday and had approximately 10 over but wasn't scoring as I was too busy crying over the horrific cashmore effort on 7 and 8 and the shocking square tee on 15!

I'll have to take your word for it Thommo. Am yet to play the classic sand belt courses. Have only seen Cashmore's work at the Dunes and it seemed ok. I got the feeling that he wouldn't stop tinkering with it until he'd ruined it though. rok31 and i met him out on the course when we played it and he was very keen to hear our opinions of a new bunker he was putting in. It was a 400m par 4 which didn't really need a deep fairway bunker, but he reckoned it needed toughening up. Sometimes less is more they say.... :roll:

Grunt
22nd December 2005, 02:29 PM
Yet Another crap day of Golf 22 points :cry: , St Michaels this time. Really starting to get to me as I only play one good hole each round and that is the last as a teaser to get me back to do it all again :x Nothing more to be said other than Pure Crap Golf

AndyP
23rd December 2005, 06:08 PM
23/12/2005, Twin Waters GC, Social Round.

5 pars.
11 bogey.
2 doubles.
1 other.
Score 47-42-89 nett 77 (Par 36-36-72, ACR 69.9).

Pretty warm round at Twin this morning, but fortunately the course gets a breeze so it was OK (unfortunately neither Nambour or Maryborough are quite so close to the ocean).

Felt like I was hitting it pretty crap, some real shocker shots off the tee, a couple of big slices and tops included. Also did nothing special with the irons.

Putting at Twin Waters was a nightmare for me. It's not that I was putting bad, and I was getting the length right, but I could not for the life of me read half of those greens. It was baffling.

Fortunately I chipped and scrambled well which gave me a respectable score in the end.

Twin's a nice course and in good nick. Greens seemed pretty firm, which made things tough sometimes. I seem to recall that Twin Waters is designed by Peter Thomson? There seemed to be a couple of Thomson-esque holes out there, where the bunkers just seemed to be in the wrong spot on fairways or greenside.

Next round: Tomorrow, Nambour GC, Stableford.

Stoney
23rd December 2005, 06:18 PM
Had a nice solid par round of 72 at Redland Bay this morning.

Nothing to exciting to report, 1 birdie, 1 bogey, 16 pars.

Drove it poorly and made some good saves.

Nice to be playing solidly again after such a long break away from the game.

Redland Bay was in great condition, worth a game down there if you get the chance over the break. Those sea breezes cooled it down quite nicely.

Merry Christmas to all

jimandr
23rd December 2005, 06:40 PM
Camden Valley today with Jono Virgil and TS. More details of that in the 1st Tee thread.

Played OK but not particularly well for 35 points. Varied between butchering opportunities and making miracle saves.

Fairways: 10 of 14
Greens in Reg: 7 of 18
Putts: 31, one three putt, no putted birdies
Up & Down: 5 of 8 :) inc a chip-in for birdie on the last
Sand Saves: 0 of 3

Jarro
24th December 2005, 12:51 PM
88 (nett 76) today at Nudgee.

Played the front 9 pretty well to be only 5 over par at the turn ....

... then ...

.. had a 10 on the par 4 10th hole :oops: never really bounced back from that disaster and finished the back 9 12 over par (48)

i think it's time for another lesson.

Virgal_Tracy
24th December 2005, 01:22 PM
To continue the tale of CAmden VAlley. 44 points CCR 70 (winning score was 47) Didn't hit great off the tee (we think we'll all use Peter_R_S's theory as we can't hit from the fairway) but never got into enough trouble that didn't allow me to advance the ball.

Extremely happy with wedge play and overall recovery shots.

HAve now totally bypassed 18h'cap and will now be playing off 17. If CCR had matched course rating I would now be off 16.

I've put up my hand for early running for most improved.

AndyP
24th December 2005, 04:01 PM
24/12/2005, Nambour GC, Stableford.

3/12 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
5/12 up and down successes.
31 putts.
------------------
8 pars.
5 bogeys.
4 doubles.
1 other.
Score 15-17-32pts [H/cap 12 ACR -2]

Very mediocre performance from myself.  Once again I played plenty of shocker shots, but also played some great shots.  In the end the score came out better than I expected.  

It seems that I am playing to about 16 or so consistently at the moment, and after today I'll be playing off 13.  I just can't settle over the ball recently and feel that I have setup correctly.

Next Round: Boxing Day, Social Round at Maryborough GC.

Courty
24th December 2005, 06:22 PM
Nett 77 :smt078

Could have been worse I suppose. :roll:

Bring on the physio! :?

Bruce
24th December 2005, 09:08 PM
Christmas Eve comp round at Mildura. Unusually windy.

41 pts and B-grade runner up. 8) Golflink better update soon.

I started par, par, birdie all 1 putts and had 10 points after 3 holes. Then evened things out with 3 x 3 putts in a row. 2 wipes, 3 x 4pointers. It was a wild, wild day.

The Spectrum continues to put out like a nympho as the honeymoon continues. 11 fairways hit and very happy with the distance.