PDA

View Full Version : Game at Coral Cove watch this space

Davemason
18th December 2005, 09:15 PM
In the next couple of day I'll put up some dates for a game here at Coral Cove most likely on a long weekend so it not so hard on you Brisbane based golfers.

I’ll also see what sort of a deal I can get as a play and stay for a group but if worst comes to worst some can stay at my place but the first bed goes to Bris-Vegas, 2nd first in best dressed and then it is pitching a tent in the back yard but I will put on breakfast

BrisVegas
18th December 2005, 09:50 PM
....if worst comes to worst some can stay at my place but the first bed goes to Bris-Vegas....

Not sure I'd be able to sleep at your place mate, it'd be just too cool and comfortable with airconditioning!! :roll: :lol: I need the sticky heat and thrumming of a ceiling fan to nod off these days. Oh, and a barking dog and crying baby at 5am for a wakeup.. :wink:

BrisWesty
19th December 2005, 07:42 AM
I may be able to drop the family off at Hervey Bay for the weekend, so they can see the folks and come up from there.

Jarro
19th December 2005, 07:57 AM
starting to cause a bit of interest already Dave 8)

.. could be a big one :wink:

markTHEblake
19th December 2005, 10:24 AM
Coral Cove, is that where the Par 6 is?

Davemason
19th December 2005, 02:10 PM

Yeap the only one in Australia :D

andylo
19th December 2005, 05:40 PM
Ok... where is Coral Cove? How long does it take to drive from Robertson? <--- south side Brisbane.

CobraSS
20th December 2005, 12:25 AM
up past Bundaberg, from brisbane southside allow 4.5 hrs

BrisWesty
20th December 2005, 06:04 PM

Yeap the only one in Australia  :D

On the ABC radio cricket broadcast they keep muttering about a par 7 on an offshore island in WA.

Dave, what are the fees like for Coral Cove?

Davemason
20th December 2005, 07:33 PM
sorry guys been a busy the last couple of days
I want to get some stay and play packages for you guys worked out once I get that I'll organize a date from there

Dave, what are the fees like for Coral Cove?

$35 with a cart

Davemason
29th January 2006, 08:09 PM
The club is going through some changes with new staff and a new club pro so I've just put up a poll to get some feed back on would like to come up to play and then I can look at options but all I can tell you is that it will not be more than $40 cart incl to play but I'm sure I can get the price down as members guess rate.

for a long weekend the may day long weekend would be good

markTHEblake
29th January 2006, 08:46 PM
On the ABC radio cricket broadcast they keep muttering about a par 7 on an offshore island in WA.

Koolan Island. Its a jump off point for travel to the north west Oil Rigs. Most of the golf course is on the airport runway which is basically one large flat peice of rock.

The Golf club slogan is "Hard Rock Fairway" and the hole is 800+ metres, supposedly the longest golf hole in the world, but i dont think it plays that long - get bit of run there.

Davemason
31st January 2006, 11:26 AM
Come on guys is there any interest in this or not

AndyP
31st January 2006, 11:34 AM
Dave, I suggest you start a new thread with some more specifics.
BTW I'm the one who voted in the poll. ;)

Jarro
31st January 2006, 02:32 PM
BTW I'm the one who voted in the poll. ;)

that's funny, i have a note at the top of the page saying i'm the one who's voted :confused:

BrisVegas
31st January 2006, 02:43 PM
What date was this proposed for?

I'm on annual leave May 8-26, but will be a stay at home dad during that time.

AndyP
31st January 2006, 02:46 PM
that's funny, i have a note at the top of the page saying i'm the one who's voted :confused:
But did you?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that there may be problems porting polls across from phpBB to vBulletin.