PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Sat 15th June - East-ish Melbourne, AM

LeftyHoges
11th June 2013, 05:09 PM
In the big smoke this Saturday and looking for a game anywhere East to South-East of the city, in the AM.

I'm happy to play pretty much wherever or happy to organise a few spots at a course if I can. Maybe a Patt River or similar, somewhere on the sandbelt.

Let me know if interested.

LeftyHoges
12th June 2013, 09:39 AM
Do any of you Melbourne boys actually play golf on a Saturday?

chappy1970
12th June 2013, 09:53 AM
I used to play on Saturday Nick but the kids got older and it got harder to find the time.

Always going to be more difficult to get a Saturday game at a quality course in Melbourne mate, Saturday is the big comp day and the reason why most members of private courses join in the first place. When I was a full member at Southern, front and back nine, morning and afternoon tee times booked up almost a full week in advance. There also used to be a waiting list of 10-15 members too.

I'm sure you'll find something though.

LeftyHoges
12th June 2013, 10:08 AM
I used to play on Saturday Nick but the kids got older and it got harder to find the time.

Always going to be more difficult to get a Saturday game at a quality course in Melbourne mate, Saturday is the big comp day and the reason why most members of private courses join in the first place. When I was a full member at Southern, front and back nine, morning and afternoon tee times booked up almost a full week in advance. There also used to be a waiting list of 10-15 members too.

I'm sure you'll find something though.

Yeah, fair enough too Chappy.

Just seems to be very few guys actually play on Sat in Melbourne in my whole memory of OZgolf. And if they do they're struggling to get a tee time themselves like you said.

BGH
12th June 2013, 10:45 AM
I am busy Saturday but can take you out for a hit at Commonwealth on Sunday some time if that suits.

LeftyHoges
12th June 2013, 11:00 AM
I am busy Saturday but can take you out for a hit at Commonwealth on Sunday some time if that suits.

Dammit, only visiting Friday night and Saturday unfortunately BGH. Thanks very much for the offer though!

IanO
13th June 2013, 11:36 PM
I would love to have a game but I am booked in at Kooringal. I tried to get an extra slot for you but there are still 5 people on the waiting list. I will keep trying if you are interested.

LeftyHoges
14th June 2013, 08:08 AM
I would love to have a game but I am booked in at Kooringal. I tried to get an extra slot for you but there are still 5 people on the waiting list. I will keep trying if you are interested.

All good Ian, I can't see that many people dropping off the waiting list. Probably a bit of a hassle running out there to play then heading back into the city.

Thanks for the offer anyway mate, and hit em well!

spanner039
14th June 2013, 04:19 PM
No love again lefty?

Are you playing Patto?

LeftyHoges
14th June 2013, 07:53 PM
No love again lefty?

Are you playing Patto?

No love Cam. Didn't get a letter of intro, so no private course basically.

Might try Kingswood early in the AM as reciprocal but not holding my breath. Any suggestions?

spanner039
14th June 2013, 08:05 PM
No love Cam. Didn't get a letter of intro, so no private course basically.

Might try Kingswood early in the AM as reciprocal but not holding my breath. Any suggestions?

Sat morning, dont like your chances at any public, unless Kingswood give you a run your stuffed.......

Your more than welcome to help me load the trailer with a run to the tip!

Goldy
14th June 2013, 09:34 PM
Mate...I could offer you 9 holes of social hit & giggle at Yarrambat at around 7.30.....but I suspect you'd be better off sleeping in.

Firey
16th June 2013, 08:38 PM
Do any of you Melbourne boys actually play golf on a Saturday?

Plan to stay an extra day next time Lefty.

I have a Sunday spot with your name on it whenever you want it.

:)

LeftyHoges
17th June 2013, 08:27 AM
Plan to stay an extra day next time Lefty.

I have a Sunday spot with your name on it whenever you want it.

:)

Cheers Firey, lock it in mate, will definitely take you up next time.

IanO
18th June 2013, 11:39 AM
If you are in Melbourne on the weekend of 29/30 June I can definitely get out for a hit with you as the other half is off on a girls netball end of season knees up.