PDA

View Full Version : Steel shafts in a hybrid.

matty
6th June 2013, 01:42 PM
Has anyone tried it?

What were the results, the positives, the negatives?

Captain Nemo
6th June 2013, 01:44 PM
KBS Tour Hybrid in my TM FCT Head.
Nice.....

Mububban
6th June 2013, 01:47 PM
Got one of Fit's light steel shafts in my hybrid, bit lighter than the steel I had in originally, feels great and goes well

rubin
6th June 2013, 01:47 PM
Ive had a KBS Tour X 2i shaft in my hybrid for about 18 months now, and there is no way i would go back to a normal hybrid shaft.

Very easy to hit, and heaps more control. IMO - give it a go.

timah!
6th June 2013, 02:13 PM
Yep, KBS in my old 910's and loved them!

Outcast
6th June 2013, 02:47 PM
Kbs step less in the Adams pro black I have for sale.

Loved it, awesome shaft, it's just that I've gone back to a 3 iron

matty
6th June 2013, 03:19 PM
Positive responses all round. Has to be done then.

mrbluu
6th June 2013, 03:46 PM
I got a KBS one in a 20* Adams Idea Gold if you are keen to take it for spin. Might be too soft for you though.

matty
6th June 2013, 05:40 PM
Might take you up on that. Thinking of putting an old KBS shaft in my 19*. If I don't I'll try yours.

HCC
6th June 2013, 06:47 PM
Personal experience steel shaft in hybrid goes higher tho shorter length offers more control. Graphite shaft is way better soften the feel and goes further lower trajectory.

virge666
7th June 2013, 08:24 AM
Kbs do a great hybrid steel shaft

matty
8th June 2013, 01:36 PM
Got some great service today in Drummond from a new employee.

He let me have a hit of his personal hybrid with a steel shaft. Compared it against a couple of others, the new titleist and Wilson hybrids. The steel shaft felt twice as solid, the spin rates were slightly lower, dispersion closer together, went straighter, and a bit further, all with a coupe mile/hour slower swing and a shorter shaft in his hybrid.

I think my ideal set up would be the adams xtd heads or the new adjustable titleist hybrid heads with a steel shaft. Got to happen.