PDA

View Full Version : Glades: Wed, 30 June, 10:20a - $77

AndyP
28th June 2004, 10:16 AM
Guys, I know this is short notice, but I couldn't plan anything until my Canberra schedule was solid.

I have been offered a discount of $77 for a round at Glades incl cart, and it is valid for any that are playing in my group (foursome).

I have called Glades, and the tee times that are generally available are before 9:30am and after 11:30pm. And yes, I can only do it this Wednesday.
At this price, I might play solo, however some company would be nice. So I am offering the other three spots to youse guys.

First in, best dressed. This deal is worth taking a sicky for. Who's wants in?

Jarro
28th June 2004, 10:24 AM
mate that's an awesome deal :shock:

i'd be there in a flash but i am otherwise "busy" that day :wink:

hope you have a great day :D

AndyP
28th June 2004, 10:50 AM
i'd be there in a flash but i am otherwise "busy" that day :wink:
Hush, hush. :wink:

BrisVegas
28th June 2004, 11:40 AM
awww man. Crap crap crap crap. I'd love to go there AndyP. I just got UAT testing on Wednesday at work and can't miss it. Sorry. :cry:

How'd you get that offer? I got some days in lieu due soon, so might be able to get out mid-week for an offer such as this....

burger
28th June 2004, 12:18 PM
I got a Golfbank email about this but not likely to get up there :(

WINTER WARMER SPECIAL FOR GOLF BANK MEMBERS ONLY
For the southerners who are heading north next week to escape the winter
chills and the locals who wish to play The Glades at a greatly reduced rate,
from Saturday 26th June until Sunday 4th July, you can play The Glades for
$77.00 (includes Cart) Normally $90.00 (Rack rate is $110.00)
Ring 07 5569 1907 to make your booking, and be sure to tell them you're a
Golf Bank member.

Pay Direct on the day.
Adrian Rebbeck, Manager

AndyP
28th June 2004, 01:13 PM
awww man. Crap crap crap crap. I'd love to go there AndyP. I just got UAT testing on Wednesday at work and can't miss it. Sorry. :cry:

How'd you get that offer? I got some days in lieu due soon, so might be able to get out mid-week for an offer such as this....

Vegas, sorry you can't make it. :( The deal is through Teamfore, but it sounds like it has been offered to a few social membership clubs.

And I do actually know what UAT is. In fact, that's what I have been involved in for the last twelve months.

I will book the round tomorrow afternoon or if I get three playing partners, whichever is sooner.

markTHEblake
28th June 2004, 02:53 PM
Andy , I have the time, I have the inclination and I have the money.
Unfortunately i dont think Glades is worth $77 so I will have to let this one go.

AndyP
28th June 2004, 04:58 PM
Andy , I have the time, I have the inclination and I have the money.
Unfortunately i dont think Glades is worth $77 so I will have to let this one go.

You don't really have the inclination then, do you?

markTHEblake
28th June 2004, 06:46 PM
You don't really have the inclination then, do you?

you could be on to something there.

drunken
28th June 2004, 07:09 PM
yeah why the hell not!!!! I'm in.

Just let me know what time

AndyP
29th June 2004, 06:34 AM
atta boy drunken.....nothing worse than Andy playing wit himself !
What do you want me to do? I'm in Canberra.....alone. :roll:
There is always Fyshwick. :-k

Thanks drunken. I'll let you know the time when I book.

Two spots left.

drunken
29th June 2004, 10:36 AM
come on guys I know someone else want's come play with us 8)

AndyP
29th June 2004, 03:04 PM
come on guys I know someone else want's come play with us 8)
Obviously not. Don't worry drunken, it's not you, it's me. :wink:

AndyP
29th June 2004, 03:38 PM
You're kidding.....you're not giving him the "it's not you, it me" routine.... :roll:
I've always wanted to use that line. I was getting sick of hearing it used on me. :(

Game booked for 10:20am. 8)

drunken
29th June 2004, 04:22 PM
come on guys, this will be my first Ozgolf outing.

So at the moment I'm still a virgin...

Jarro
29th June 2004, 04:43 PM

An Ozgolf outing virgin 'eh ...

.. i didn't think there was such a thing :roll:

well AndyP's as good as any to "break you in" :P

AndyP
1st July 2004, 02:42 PM

An Ozgolf outing virgin 'eh ...

.. i didn't think there was such a thing :roll:

well AndyP's as good as any to "break you in" :P

Thanks for your company yesterday, drunken. I had a very enjoyable round. Hope you can make it to some more OzGolf Days.

Glades was a great course, but I was little disappointed with the condition of it.

I played OK, and had a 91 (+19). I'll let drunken fill you in on how he went, if he chooses. Not sure if he would want this score to count towards the Ozgolf Championships.

Let me just say that he was a OzGolf virgin, and couldn't be expected to perform the first time. And it was all over early, after a great performance on the first hole. :wink:

drunken
1st July 2004, 03:14 PM
The less said about the way I hit the ball yesterday the better. In fact I've done a Jack and erased the score from my memory.

The course isn't in the greatest nick. It seems like half the course has been flooded recently, well thats what the bag guy told me when I arrived.

But those greens :shock:

You could hit a 3 wood into those things and it would pull up within 10 metres. Evidenced by my half punched pitching wedge from 90m on the first, which is an elevated green. Ball stopped within 5m. Some of them seemed very damp though too.

But I had fun day, thanks for the round AndyP.

markTHEblake
1st July 2004, 09:10 PM
The course isn't in the greatest nick. It seems like half the course has been flooded recently, well thats what the bag guy told me when I arrived.

Hasnt rained here on the gold coast for ages. the last flood (of the floodplains) would have been around march.

The Glades has gone downhill in condition (and service) ever since the Surfer Paradise land swap deal gained momentum. Heaps of staff have been laid off, so the extra effort that they used to be able to go to, like to make bunkers spotless, and all the upper level management have moved on to greener pastures - becuase obviously their tenure was no longer certain.

Another change is that there is no more free golf at Glades for those that once were able to get it.

You could hit a 3 wood into those things and it would pull up within 10 metres

metres, you mean inches right? last time i played there, every thing plugged and rolled backwards.

AndyP
2nd July 2004, 07:49 PM
metres, you mean inches right? last time i played there, every thing plugged and rolled backwards.

On occasions, yes.

However, drunken has a low trajectory, so he got plenty of roll on those greens. :roll:

drunken
2nd July 2004, 08:08 PM
yes well, my trajectory was low on wednesday....

next time I play it'll probably be super high.... :roll:

It's time I stopped thinking about getting some practise in and actually did it. :oops:

AndyP
2nd July 2004, 08:24 PM
It's time I stopped thinking about getting some practise in and actually did it. :oops:

Practice. Pffffft. Overrated.
The course is where it's at. :wink: