PDA

View Full Version : Ask JC

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 01:11 PM
Surely this resource has been previously tapped?

If not this is the place to ask all your innermost questions, all the way from golf to planes crasking into the Blue Oyster with swingweights 4 points off.

AndyP
2nd June 2013, 01:15 PM
FFS. These threads are so shit.

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 01:18 PM
I don't see a question there Andy.

How could you possibly know that tho Andy, you haven't seen the questions and answers in this one yet. Rubin's is the most popular thread in here since it's conception :mrgreen:

mike
2nd June 2013, 01:29 PM
JC, why do sausages have a bend in them?

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 02:11 PM
JC, i had these questions addressed to the Ask AndyP thread but it seems to have disappeared as i posted.

I've cut and pasted what i had to save retyping. Please ignore up until "For at least".

Dear AndyP

Jack's not here and i remember you stating all his answers were simple common sense and shouldn't be needed basically, so you're the man.

For at least 3 months now my course has copped enough periodic rainfall to maintain plenty of muddy wet patches, some around the green, some on the fairway of a par 5 at full short iron out.

1. What are the keys to full iron shots off such a damp soft unforgiving lie?

2. What are your keys for the basic chip under such duress?

3. How would you go about negotiating a short pitch (lets say 10-25 meters) over a bunker to a mid or front pin off the damp lies?

Many thanks.

Captain Nemo
2nd June 2013, 02:16 PM
JC, why did old mate Jack get banned for this time?

Yossarian
2nd June 2013, 02:18 PM
Titties.

Captain Nemo
2nd June 2013, 02:20 PM
Titties.

Really, c'mon not again!!!

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 02:26 PM
Titties.

I thought i saw the boys building up late last night lol

Hatchman
2nd June 2013, 07:44 PM
JC, why did old mate Jack get banned for this time?

Titties.

Were them some exposed ones?
I only saw shapely mounds covered by clothing.

Johnny Canuck
2nd June 2013, 07:45 PM
JC, why do sausages have a bend in them? Because Rubin can't stand still.

Johnny Canuck
2nd June 2013, 07:51 PM
JC, i had these questions addressed to the Ask AndyP thread but it seems to have disappeared as i posted. I've cut and pasted what i had to save retyping. Please ignore up until "For at least".Dear AndyPJack's not here and i remember you stating all his answers were simple common sense and shouldn't be needed basically, so you're the man.For at least 3 months now my course has copped enough periodic rainfall to maintain plenty of muddy wet patches, some around the green, some on the fairway of a par 5 at full short iron out. 1. What are the keys to full iron shots off such a damp soft unforgiving lie?2. What are your keys for the basic chip under such duress?3. How would you go about negotiating a short pitch (lets say 10-25 meters) over a bunker to a mid or front pin off the damp lies?Many thanks. 1. Make sure you catch the ball first. 2. Bounce is your friend. Make sure you are accelerating through the ball. 3. I would open the face of my wedge, giving more forgiveness. Don't get the weight too far forward, or you'll slide right under. Commit to the swing, ie. Make sure you are taking a solid swing through the ball. Trust the wedge to do what is supposed to do.

sms316
2nd June 2013, 07:56 PM
JC,

Ever read the Australasian Post?

mike
2nd June 2013, 08:04 PM
I remember the ad.

♪ "Australasian post, the mag that's got the most ..." ♫♫

sms316
2nd June 2013, 08:06 PM
Nuck,

If you lads on the west coast were to start a forum called wankergolf.net, how many OZgolfers would be left outside of Nudgee members and the mods (except Watty)?

Pieface
2nd June 2013, 08:13 PM
JC - what is the best way to protect your putter if you've misplaced the appropriate headcover?

Johnny Canuck
2nd June 2013, 08:14 PM
JC - what is the best way to protect your putter if you've misplaced the appropriate headcover? Definitely a flog sock.

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 09:13 PM
Cheers JC!

simmsy
2nd June 2013, 09:20 PM
FFS. These threads are so shit.

Is this an appropriate statement in this thread?

If you have an issue with them perhaps may I suggest you report it to the mods, they will take care of it.

simmsy
2nd June 2013, 09:25 PM
JC - I heard today Jeff Gieschen is on annual leave as of next week or so,
Is it true he is moving to OzGolf to become the Mods Administrator and director of the penalty panel?

AndyP
2nd June 2013, 09:28 PM
Is this an appropriate statement in this thread? It seems to be appropriate considering a lot of the posts in this thread.

markTHEblake
3rd June 2013, 12:55 PM
May I ask what is JC's special field of expertise? I really don't know.
All (or most) of the Ask threads are related to that persons profession so they make sense. . Eg Mike the mechanic, Lefty the pantsman. The only person left eligible for ask anything is me, just ask me.

Johnny Canuck
3rd June 2013, 01:06 PM
Aerodynamics, finance, insurance, sprinting and swingweighting.

rubin
3rd June 2013, 01:13 PM
U sure its not being a smartass, pissing people off, and acting childish?

sms316
3rd June 2013, 01:15 PM
U sure its not being a smartness, pissing people off, and acting childish? What is "being a smartness"?

PeteyD
3rd June 2013, 01:16 PM
Something you are most likely not going to be referred to as.

Johnny Canuck
3rd June 2013, 01:19 PM
Smartness is a strong point.

Vice MC
3rd June 2013, 03:57 PM
These threads are like a sleazy gaybar....i was never here

Johnny Canuck
3rd June 2013, 04:11 PM
These threads are like a sleazy gaybar....i was never here Watch what you say about them. Rubes might accuse you of smartness as well.

TheNuclearOne
3rd June 2013, 06:34 PM
U sure its not being a smartass, pissing people off, and acting childish?

How many of those three might be covered in this post :shock:

TheNuclearOne
11th September 2016, 01:20 AM
JC - WTF does one do when on a slight upslope in the bunker with the ball atop a mound in softish sand. Talking a semi circle (mound) with lets say 5" of width. You cannot use the bounce and picking would be, well, you can imagine. After the fact i am thinking square face and hit hard making sure to catch some sand?

Johnny Canuck
11th September 2016, 10:51 AM
I personally would adjust my hips to match the slope, choke down a bit more than normal to offset the mound and proceed with a squarer face than normal as you are already getting extra launch angle from the mound.

TheNuclearOne
11th September 2016, 11:34 AM
I personally would adjust my hips to match the slope, choke down a bit more than normal to offset the mound and proceed with a squarer face than normal as you are already getting extra launch angle from the mound.

Cheers mate.