PDA

View Full Version : Sydney riots

Jarro
12th December 2005, 12:48 PM
.. just watching some footage of this on the news. Terrible images of gang thuggery, bashing innocent people caught up in the whole mess.

What the hell's going on down there :?: is this a revenge type action against something that's happened at the beach at Cronulla :?

Hope no Ozgolfers were caught up in this either :(

BrisVegas
12th December 2005, 12:51 PM
there's some coverage of it on www.news.com.au Sounds like the neo-nazi groups are using the ethnic attacks as a vehicle to push their more radical agenda.

I feel sorry for the poor innocent people caught up in it. Shocking footage of mobs attacking innocent "arabs" on the train.

3oneday
12th December 2005, 01:02 PM
Shocking footage of mobs attacking innocent "arabs" on the train.On the front page of the paper is a photo of a guy getting crap bashed out of him. The photo is on the upper level of the train, from the seat behind th bashing.

Isn't it great photography to be in the seat behind the poor guy getting bashed tripe out of.... or is it ????

:-#

amanda
12th December 2005, 01:38 PM
What's suprising is that the initial antagonists (the middle eastern youths who attacked the lifeguards) didn't decide to meet the surfie crowd head on over the weekend - they managed to listen to the common sense of their community leaders.

It's a shame that the surfers couldn't do the same. Some surfers by nature are hugely territorial - they'll turn on other aussies in a cinch (look at what happened to the pro surfer a while back up in Byron) - seen it happen a few times at Cronulla when there are good waves - their attitude - anyone who doesn't live close to the beach doesn't deserve to surf there :? .

Jarro
12th December 2005, 01:43 PM
What's suprising is that the initial antagonists (the middle eastern youths who attacked the lifeguards) didn't decide to meet the surfie crowd head on over the weekend.

.. or maybe they just realised that they would've been heavily outnumbered.

They showed up later that night though didn't they ... smashing parked cars and the like. I also heard a guy was stabbed at a local golf course :evil:

nasty stuff

Courty
12th December 2005, 02:24 PM
I read on www.news.com.au that some guy of middle eastern appearance got attached at a Golf Club in Sydney somewhere... :cry:

Virgal_Tracy
12th December 2005, 02:48 PM
The guy stabbed was outside the course. I don't think there was any correlation with him playing golf.

The smashing of parked cars was in a suburb 20 mins away. Apparently they had amassed 40 car loads of people of "middle eastern appearance".

Did you here these people were also burning the Aussie flag on their way to Cronulla.

In answer to the 1st question, a week ago a group of approx. 10 people of "middle eastern appearance" bashed 3 local lifeguards one of which was knocked unconscious and then kicked and stomped on while on the ground.

Its a problem thats been going on for years that a predominantly Anglo neighbourhood doesn't want people coming into their area. Having said that neither group can be excused for chasing young girls or families or any of their activities that their only game to do in packs.

Seperate the groups and let them go 1 on 1 if they want to sort it out. See how many takers we get then.

markTHEblake
12th December 2005, 04:50 PM
wouldnt happen if the cops had machine guns.

Fishman Dan
12th December 2005, 04:51 PM
This doesn't bare discussion, it's a disgrace of mankind. Neanderthal activity. It's limited to a very small area, however it could spread throughout Southern Sydney in little spot-fires (or worse).

What generally happens is that people from the south-western suburbs come to coastal beaches to hang out. For some areas, Cronulla is the closest and most accessible. The comments that these blow-ins don't "respect" the area can be true to an extent, but this isn't a solution.

The 'locals' are fed up and have taken law into their own hands. But the sad thing is, 9/10's of the mob weren't locals. There will be related flare-ups for weeks i reckon, Miranda last night for example.

I wouldn't call them neo-nazi's either, this is a term that no one needs to invoke, but let's not assume they haven't got any more IQ.

Virgal - i don't know what you're trying to suggest by saying that the Aussie flag was being burnt en-route to Cronulla, and the number of blokes who bashed the life-guards i thought were no more than 4 or 5 (not that i'm trying to excuse that). I've seen no footage of flags being burnt, so be very very careful with that one.

The point being made is that propaganda is already rife, and i think people should be very wary of what they see in papers or hear, because i don't think there's much truth to any of it and people just need to cool off and not get involved.

Golfgirl
12th December 2005, 04:55 PM
I can honestly say that last night I was dropping Mitchell off at his babysitters house in a neighbourhood that is predominately "ethnic", and for the first time, I was really conscious of the fact that my appearance screams "white, middle class aussie"..... :shock: It really made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

The news images are just so disturbing. I have seen this sort of thing when I lived in PNG, but never here in Oz before.... :(

amanda
14th December 2005, 05:28 AM
thank goodness we are leaving tonight to escape all of this craziness. In Kenya all they are worried about is the new President forming cabinet! And I know that pickpockets in Nairobi target all tourists :lol:

marcel
14th December 2005, 10:17 AM
 And I know that pickpockets in Nairobi target all tourists  :lol:

Like any of them have arms long enough to reach the top of your pockets :lol: have a great trip

AndyP
14th December 2005, 02:39 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6900/cronulla4ax.jpg

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 07:44 AM
Had an e-mail at work - 'Riot at Parramatta Westfield, do not go near the area'.

I haven't seen it on any news etc, but i think people are getting a little over-excited. There are fights every day around Westfield at Parra, and it's a good chance it will involve someone from an ethnic minority :?

Mind you, someone went to lunch in an arcade that's about 3 blocks away, and said that most of the shops were shut, and the IGA had it's shutters ready to pull down! :shock:

Jarro
15th December 2005, 09:07 AM
sounds like certain suburbs of Sydney are turning into little Lebanon :shock:

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 12:27 PM
sounds like certain suburbs of Sydney are turning into little Lebanon  :shock:

That's strike 2 for you! [-X

Jarro
15th December 2005, 12:29 PM

That's strike 2 for you! [-X

am i wrong :?: i don't think so .....

3oneday
15th December 2005, 03:10 PM
Had an e-mail at work - 'Riot at Parramatta Westfield, do not go near the area'.simple explanation, and wish I had thought of it myself. Can we do the same in Pitt St mall ??? I hate xmas shopping but this sort of threat has to thin the crowds somewhat ???? :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Trung
15th December 2005, 04:15 PM
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7247/sydbeach4fx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jarro
15th December 2005, 04:19 PM
good one Trungie 8)

Trung
15th December 2005, 05:06 PM
beach in the picture is actually of Bondi Beach....

Jarro
15th December 2005, 05:10 PM
beach in the picture is actually of Bondi Beach....

.. yeah, i could tell from all the turds washed up on the beach  :lol:

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 06:23 PM
Had an e-mail at work - 'Riot at Parramatta Westfield, do not go near the area'.simple explanation, and wish I had thought of it myself. Can we do the same in Pitt St mall ??? I hate xmas shopping but this sort of threat has to thin the crowds somewhat ???? :wink:  

:lol:  :lol:

Pete - that's either a great idea, or 'an act of sedition' under the new terror laws :-k :smt102

gazgolf1
15th December 2005, 06:28 PM
Rumour has it that something big is happening on the 18th. :shock:

BrisWesty
15th December 2005, 06:49 PM
Golf riot at Brooky and then at BrisVegas'.

"Look out, they're armed with sticks, and some of them know how to use them."

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 07:43 PM

Where'd you hear the rumour? Media outlet?

I heard some of Alan Jones pre-riot radio. Some of his best hate-building and inciteful rhetoric i've ever heard. Egging callers on, who'd come up with "If you're faced with 20 of them - shoot 1, and watch 19 run".

Crazy stuff.

Grunt
15th December 2005, 07:59 PM
Sms about trouble @ Cambelltown tonight doing the rounds

gazgolf1
15th December 2005, 08:07 PM

Where'd you hear the rumour? Media outlet?

I heard some of Alan Jones pre-riot radio. Some of his best hate-building and inciteful rhetoric i've ever heard. Egging callers on, who'd come up with "If you're faced with 20 of them - shoot 1, and watch 19 run".

Crazy stuff.

you seem really sensitive about this stuff Fishy. :?

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 08:16 PM
Gaz, it's not nice stuff at all to be around. I'm not near any of it, but everyone knows someone from The Shire. One of the girls at work is currently under 'house arrest' from her partner, she always jogs around Nth Cronulla after work and he's not letting her out for a week or so. If it does continue, there are other parts of Sydney that are likely to flare up. And now we're up to burning churches.

But there's no doubt it's fuelled by the media. One paper went from sledging the lebanese prior to the fights, and now reports "Australia's disgrace" now that they got their dust-up.

gazgolf1
15th December 2005, 08:55 PM
I guess I feel pretty disconnected from it living in Brisbane but from what I've heard the real bad Lebanese are'nt even in it yet. :shock:

Listening to a guy on the radio yesterday who wrote a book on the criminal underground in Sydney he said that the NSW police have been hamstrung by the NSW government to the point that they have lost control of Sydney streets.
Here is an article by the bloke and from his background it appears he should know what he is talking about.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17546003%255E7583,00.html

BrisVegas
15th December 2005, 08:56 PM
Golf riot at Brooky and then at BrisVegas'.  

"Look out, they're armed with sticks, and some of them know how to use them."

Faark, I'm outta here. :shock:

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 09:26 PM
I think the cops have done pretty well. There's one report they were instructed not to try and intercept the convey of 20 cars after it assembled in a park - makes you wonder what they are packing.

I guess the closest thing Queensland gets is Schoolies - thousands of drunk teenagers with boners running around madly, shagging anything that moves.

Jarro
15th December 2005, 09:32 PM
I think the cops have done pretty well..

i think you're 100% wrong there ... i think the cops have handled the whole thing bloody poorly ..... but then again, they're taking their orders from the NSW government.

Fishy ... we saw footage of lebonese hoons blatantly taunting the police ... even telling the cops to "drop their badge and guns and let's fight man to man" stuff. All the police did in response was wind their car window up.

C'MON .. get tough with these assholes ... who the hell is in charge here.

Fishman Dan
15th December 2005, 09:47 PM
Jarro, and what does that prove? They're hopelessly outnumbered. Let them blow hot air and get it out of their system.

Jarro
15th December 2005, 09:58 PM
it's my opinion that they've been blowing hot air for long enough ... haven't these guys been harrasing people on the beaches at Cronulla for ages .... i have a mate at work who used to work in Sydney and he said this has been going on for years.

these people simply do not respect Australian law .. in fact, they laugh in it's face as if they are somewhat immune. Time to bring them in line i say.

enough is enough .... time for the police to grow a backbone.

markTHEblake
16th December 2005, 12:37 AM

you mean like Cronulla beach is now the Aussie Gaza Strip.

dont worry about the slip slop slap, dont forget your flak jacket.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, its going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Jarro
16th December 2005, 08:16 AM
you're not filling us with any sense of hope Blakey :(

990B Luva
16th December 2005, 12:35 PM
http://speedy.akadns.info/streams/8000/sydneypolice.wax
http://extreme.matrixau.com/streams/8000

NSW Police Live stream radio

Webster
16th December 2005, 09:31 PM
Blakey, what would suggest if the best course of action the authorities could take from here?

CobraSS
16th December 2005, 09:41 PM
Blakey, what would suggest if the best course of action the authorities could take from here?

i smell worms :lol:

Fishman Dan
17th December 2005, 08:10 AM

you mean like Cronulla beach is now the Aussie Gaza Strip.

dont worry about the slip slop slap,  dont forget your flak jacket.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, its going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

I think you're mistaking it for the left-bank of the Georges River.

From the Sydney Morning Herald;

"One is [Sydney radio] 2GB and the moronic manner that gargling boofhead has been berating and denigrating you. The airwaves are useless if they are used by people such as that. The other is newspapers such as The Australian."

His views were backed by other religious leaders at the event.

Claims that Sydney's race violence has been stoked by talkback radio were reinforced yesterday when Macquarie Radio station 2GB's late-night announcer, Brian Wilshire, was forced to apologise for on-air comments about Lebanese Australians. Mr Wilshire had accused some Lebanese of being inbred.

"Many of them have parents who are first cousins whose parents were first cousins," he told listeners.

"The result of this is inbreeding - the result of which is uneducationable [sic] people … and very low IQ."

His comments were greeted with outrage. "It reveals an uneducated comment on his part - they are disgraceful comments," the Premier, Morris Iemma, said.

Wilshire, whose 2GB colleague Alan Jones has rejected claims he had fuelled racial tensions, apologised and retracted his comments yesterday.

markTHEblake
17th December 2005, 12:28 PM
you're not filling us with any sense of hope Blakey :(

sorry mate......

Look back at the year 2000. If someone told you the twin towers would fall, bali bombings, tsunamis, violence on sydney beaches, floods, and however many other disasters that have taken place in the last 4 years or so you would have called them a doomsday looney - but it all happened.

Imho its all tip of the iceberg stuff. Every great empire in the history of the world has come to a calamatic end - and i beleive this one is going to fall in our lifetime, and being the biggest empire, the bust will be the biggest.

Will probably take a couple of big wars to get it all sorted out again.
In the meantime, play golf, and take good care of your kids.

markTHEblake
17th December 2005, 12:46 PM

learn from history books - ie LA, Jakarta, Tiemin Square, Dili and how many more i cant remember

Fishman Dan
17th December 2005, 03:59 PM
I don't understand... Dili? Are you saying the military should roll the tanks into Auburn and kill all the grown men and young children?

markTHEblake
17th December 2005, 04:12 PM
I don't understand... Dili? Are you saying the military should roll the tanks into Auburn and kill all the grown men and young children?

no. all of the above ended up being social and in some cases political disasters.
so i meant 'learn from" the mistakes of the past.

Golfgirl
17th December 2005, 04:20 PM
The police patrolling the shopping centre at Eastgardens on Thursday night just had to be seen to be believed.... :shock:

The food court was packed with people looking anxious as the police strolled through their midst in case any trouble broke out.

I did a fraction of my shopping and left....

But oddly enough, this morning at Marrickville (where there is a much stronger concentration of ethnicity) the atmosphere was just fine - I don't know, maybe it is a suburb thing, or a time of day thing.....

I just really don't want to be anywhere near it if I can at all help it. :?

Fishman Dan
17th December 2005, 04:57 PM
Jodie - it's one of those things. Why put yourself in a position where something could happen.

As i've said to friends, Sydney got a lot smaller for me.

Jarro
17th December 2005, 05:01 PM
shouldn't have to happen at all Fishy, if the police had the balls to do what everyone in Australia WANTS them to do :roll:

Fishman Dan
17th December 2005, 05:42 PM
Jarro, if we had marshall law in Australia, the Gold Coast would never have evolved from the swamp it once was ;) :lol:

Grunt
18th December 2005, 11:48 AM
I have never in the recent past seen so many police out and about in recent days. The other crims might be able to get aheap of stuff done as the cops seem to have every available man on Riot watch. Coming home from nightshift the past 2 mornings I have past or been past by at least 4 police cars/motorbikes on the M5 between the airport and Liverpool. In the past I think I would have thought it unusual to see 4 in a month.

Jarro
18th December 2005, 07:05 PM
Jarro, if we had marshall law in Australia, the Gold Coast would never have evolved from the swamp it once was ;) :lol:

mate, last i saw there wasn't gangs of lebo's trolling the strip bashing innocent beachgoers :roll: