PDA

View Full Version : Caboolture - 2 January 2006

BrisWesty
12th December 2005, 07:46 AM
Would anyone be up for a smack around at Caboolture on the Monday. I 'think' it would only be $12.50 a person (but would need to confirm that).

peter_rs
12th December 2005, 09:27 AM
Could be fun

AndyP
12th December 2005, 09:40 AM
Sorry Westy, I'm watching some chicks hit furry balls around on the Gold Coast that day.  Otherwise, I would have been interested.

Jarro
12th December 2005, 10:40 AM
i'd be keen BrisWesty 8)

Eag's
12th December 2005, 12:12 PM
Count me in Briswesty, I enjoyed Caboolture last time I was there :)

BrisWesty
12th December 2005, 07:49 PM
OK, so at the moment it looks like we have
1. BrisWesty
2. peter_rs_644
3. jarro
4. Eag's

Couldn't set up a Yay, Nay or Maybe poll

macleod
12th December 2005, 10:55 PM
OK, so at the moment it looks like we have
1. BrisWesty
2. peter_rs_644
3. jarro
4. Eag's

Couldn't set up a Yay, Nay or Maybe poll

go the edit on your original message, down the bottom you can add the yay/nay stuff in. better still a friedly Admin can add it in for us :)

macleod
12th December 2005, 10:55 PM
chuck me down for this too, it's a public hol right?

AndyP
12th December 2005, 11:59 PM
go the edit on your original message, down the bottom you can add the yay/nay stuff in. better still a friedly Admin can add it in for us :)
Or the nasty admin...

Westy, that's twice I've had to do this for you. Get your act together. Read here: http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2307

BrisWesty
13th December 2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the tips MacLeod and Andy P.
I am suitably chastened, Andy P (but am also strangely curious about the furry balls).

peter_rs
13th December 2005, 10:11 AM
1. BrisWesty
2. peter_rs_644
3. jarro
4. Eag's
5. Shazza_rs
6.macleod

Could be interesting the two times I have played that course I have been hit by bad drives, someone in the group has broke a club and one person cut there hand open on said broken club and needed 15 stitches... after he finished the round with a glove on to stop the blood flow.

Jarro
13th December 2005, 10:25 AM
register people register :roll:

BrisWesty
13th December 2005, 06:35 PM
Could be interesting the two times I have played that course I have been hit by bad drives, ...

Well it's your own silly fault fore standing on the wrong fairway!

peter_rs
14th December 2005, 09:51 AM
For a change I was on the right fairway, peoples tee shots where on the wrong :x :wink:

BrisWesty
14th December 2005, 06:35 PM
That's what I was trying to say (only not very well)

peter_rs
15th December 2005, 09:54 AM
ok... however your comment could have been valid on any other day. as I'm noted to play from the wrong fairway :lol:

Eag's
16th December 2005, 08:55 PM
Sorry guys, have to pull out, work has changed my roster :evil:

BrisWesty
20th December 2005, 06:01 PM
Sorry eags, that's a shame. We'll miss you.

Morning or afternoon round gents?
I'd prefer morning before it gets too stinking hot.
PM me (with your name), and I'll put us down in for a time.

Mark

peter_rs
20th December 2005, 06:10 PM
Peter Hickey
Sharon Ralph

Morning is ok... two drunks may need a cart :wink:

Jarro
20th December 2005, 06:10 PM
morning would suit me better to BrisWesty :wink:

damoocow
21st December 2005, 10:20 AM
hey Briswesty - is the Jan 2 game a comp??

damoocow

BrisWesty
21st December 2005, 05:57 PM
Yes. There is a Single Stableford medley happening that day

BrisWesty
21st December 2005, 10:28 PM
Pencilled in for 10:59am, but if you want to play earlier we may avoid the comp.
I'd need to check with Gavin, if we could go on earlier.

damoocow
21st December 2005, 10:29 PM
1. BrisWesty
2. peter_rs_644
3. jarro
4. damoocow
5. Shazza_rs
6.macleod

I am assuming this is the public hol ? and as long as it is a comp I am in........the earlier the better for me

Damian Smith

damoocow

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 07:02 AM
click the bloody confirmation button top left Damoocow :x

terryand
22nd December 2005, 05:42 PM
I'm in for this one,but only if I can play with Shazza And Pete 8)

Terry.

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 05:43 PM

Terry.

yeah ... me too :wink:

i wanna play with the Andre/Steffi of Ozgolf :lol:

terryand
22nd December 2005, 05:45 PM

Terry.

yeah ... me too  :wink:

i wanna play with the Andre/Steffi of Ozgolf  :lol:

Which one of these guys is Steffi :smt017  http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 05:52 PM

Terry.

yeah ... me too  :wink:

i wanna play with the Andre/Steffi of Ozgolf  :lol:

Which one of these guys is Steffi :smt017  http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

is that a trick question :smt017

terryand
22nd December 2005, 06:05 PM
Still not sure who wearin the pants there :wink:

Terry.

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 06:18 PM
we better be careful Tezza ... it might look like we're ganging up on them :lol:

BrisWesty
22nd December 2005, 06:39 PM
So Terry are you or are you not playing? Far be it for me to stand in your way so you can "swing" with "Andre & Steffi" :wink:
I'm OK to move into the second group with Moe and Macleod (if they play, and if they don't, I guess I won't!) :cry: :wink:

shazza_rs
22nd December 2005, 07:40 PM
be careful where you are treading Mr Tezza!

For the record you have the longest hair in the group. :D

And I wear the panties!

damoocow
22nd December 2005, 08:45 PM
jarro wrote

click the bloody confirmation button top left Damoocow

well I am afraid I do not understand this new fangled confirmation contraption you have, but you can count me as a definite to play.

damoocow

terryand
22nd December 2005, 08:51 PM
be careful where you are treading Mr Tezza!

For the record you have the longest hair in the group.  :D

And I wear the panties!(cottontails)

And proud of it. But for the record,I did have a haircut today :?

Terry.

CobraSS
22nd December 2005, 10:29 PM
I'll have a hit. 8)

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 10:38 PM
jarro wrote

well I am afraid I do not understand this new fangled confirmation contraption you have, but you can count me as a definite to play.

damoocow

what's to understand ... just click on the box that says CONFIRMATION :roll:

damoocow
22nd December 2005, 11:01 PM

if it makes you happy...............click

damoocow

peter_rs
23rd December 2005, 10:06 AM
Terry its comp so no helping me :wink:

& you have to let the girls believe anything they want. :lol:

BrisWesty
23rd December 2005, 05:21 PM
Terryand and CobraSS. I'll pop out to the course this afternoon and pop your names on. Not knowing what they are though, I'm going to give you a couple of pseudonyms similar to your user names and then fix it up closer to the date. I'll pop you in the second group.
Merry Christmas

BrisWesty
23rd December 2005, 05:25 PM
10:59 - off the 1st
jarro
peter_rs
terryand
shazza_rs

11:06
BrisWesty
CobraSS
damoocow

still sorting out
MacLeod
Moe Norman

Jarro
23rd December 2005, 06:16 PM
thanks BW.

was there no way we could've got an earlier tee-time :? :wink:

peter_rs
25th December 2005, 10:35 PM
any news on earlier tee times :wink:

terryand
27th December 2005, 02:39 PM
Cart booked Jarro for the predicted 40* day :?

Terry.

Jarro
27th December 2005, 03:16 PM
Cart booked Jarro for the predicted 40* day :?

Terry.

cheers mate :wink:

peter_rs
28th December 2005, 10:10 AM
second cart booked

Jarro
31st December 2005, 08:21 AM
BrisWesty ... can you confirm the comp fees for me please :?:

i'm just working out my budget with the financial advisor here :roll:

Tezza .. how much was it for the cart :?:

AndyP
31st December 2005, 08:31 AM
i'm just working out my budget with the financial advisor here :roll:
Is the budget being worked on the current fiscal year or the upcoming calendar year?

Jarro
31st December 2005, 08:39 AM
i'm just working out my budget with the financial advisor here  :roll:
Is the budget being worked on the current fiscal year or the upcoming calendar year?

upcoming calendar year :wink:

on hols at the moment ... so gotta be wise with the dosh :roll:

terryand
31st December 2005, 09:03 AM
BrisWesty ... can you confirm the comp fees for me please  :?:

i'm just working out my budget with the financial advisor here  :roll:

Tezza .. how much was it for the cart  :?:

Didn't ask sorry Jarro,cost wasn't an issue when I heard it was going to be 40*.Altough now it looks like the hot weather has gone south and is giving us a cool one @ 33ish :?

Terry.

Jarro
31st December 2005, 09:04 AM
no probs Tezza 8)

macleod
31st December 2005, 12:46 PM
i'm out due to the mountain biking injuries this morning, have a great day guys.

BrisWesty
31st December 2005, 01:13 PM
$12.50 for you apparently.

Think the cart may be $32.

peter_rs
2nd January 2006, 08:24 PM
Had a good day.

Westy came thrid on the day....... I won with 43 points (6 ProV1x a nice prize). Handicap drop yes :D a guy came from the last group of the day posted a 42 to beat westy.

sank a monster putt on nine for par..... it was only about 20m.
:wink: I missed every thing else. the driver & irons worked ok nothing special, just didn't post too many big numbers.

Thanks to terry and jarro for a fun round- I think it helped my score. Sorry about the lose in the pairs match play. Look forward to the return match at windaroo :wink:

Thank god for the carts 8)

shazza_rs
2nd January 2006, 08:42 PM
Congrats to pete for finally putting it together in a comp round. :wink:

Had a great day... thanks to tezza and jarro for a fun round. I won't say my golf was great but i did end up with 36 points...... chopped it round well enough to play to hcp.

Highlight of my round ..... sinking a 4.5 metre putt for a birdie on the 18th. Makes you want to come back for another hack.

Was happy with my new driver.... feel a sh!tload more comfortable standing over it than the G2.... even got a bit of distance with it.

Thanks to BrisWesty for organising the day and also for coming third overall. ...... you were r/up til the last group came in.

peter_rs
2nd January 2006, 08:52 PM
Golflink already updated.................. new hcp is 21.0

woooooohoooooooo!

BrisWesty
2nd January 2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry for not posting earlier. Server wasn't working before.

Update on the day's results

peter_rs - 43 points - oh yes, everybody already knows, see above for details :wink: Great effort Peter, congrats on the balls too. Thought you'd get a bag of cashews for a while there.

BrisWesty - 40 points - 2nd best loser overall for the day. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry: :cry: :cry:

shazza_rs - 36 points - see above for details.

damoocow - 34 points - including a birdie 3 for 5 points on the 10th, and a 4 pointer on one of the other holes.

terryand - 33 points - including a (club) toss on 11th.

jarro - 25 points -

CobraSS - 22 points - decided points after 14th hole don't count and stopped scoring.

Highlight of the day was from the non-ozgolf member, Kim, playing with us, who drilled a 200m 3 wood to a metre from the hole on the 17th and rolled the putt in for birdie.

Personal highlight a run of birdie, par, birdie on 9-11. Missed a 3m putt on 10 for birdie. If holed, it would have meant a run of 3 birdies (4 points each) for 9 through 11. Never been in that situation before. Like it, must try it again. Then lost a ball into the scrub on the 12th while tezza was taking a photo from 200m away. (It's all his fault! :x :wink: ) Very happy with the round. Hit the ball really well. An 81 off the stick. New handicap 13.3 down from 14.2. This is all new handicap territory for me now.

According to Shazza and Cobra SS, there appears to be a twilight zone between the 15th and 16th fairways where balls disappear.

Thanks everyone for turning up. Hope you all had fun. Sorry about the excessive heat though :cry: (<- actually sweat, not tears.) Thank goodness there was some breeze.

Jarro
2nd January 2006, 10:26 PM
thanks for the day guys ... it was fun, even though we sweated our arses off :roll:

Thanks to Peter,Shazza and Tezza for a truly educational day out ... i learnt some new swear word from Shazza today ... truly legendary stuff :shock:

terryand
2nd January 2006, 10:37 PM
Thank for a great day all, Briswesty for getting it together and Jarro, Pete and Shazza my playing partners for an interesting day :smt112

Well done Pete on an awesome round, if you can find a happy medium between the all out attack and conservative play the cap will tumble very fast this year :smt023

And Shazza, oh Shazza, I’ve been working on building sites for over 20 years now and you were making me blush :oops: with some of the things you where saying……

Don’t ever change mate, luv it.

The banter between the 2 buggies certainly took the focus off the heat today :smt064 :smt079

And yes Jarro and I got our butts kicked by these 2 buglers today, can’t wait for the return match around a significantly tighter Windaroo :smt036

Briswesty, congrats on the 40 pts too =D>

After signing for a 33 today, off 7, I get home and see that golflinks has given me 34 playing off 8. the round from Windaroo must have been entered some time from when I checked before I left home to when I finished who knows, I can’t keep up with golflinks sometimes.

Terry.

CobraSS
2nd January 2006, 11:03 PM
thanks for the day westy, too bloody hot for us walkers, but hey.............. :smt028

BrisVegas
3rd January 2006, 08:21 AM
... I get home and see that golflinks has given me 34 playing off 8.....

Terry.

8!! Love your work Tex. :lol: :lol: And blakey reckons I'm due for a "special" ozgolf handicap.... :roll: :roll:

peter_rs
3rd January 2006, 09:30 AM
Terry I only attacked one hole  :wink:  11 and god knows were that ball went. (line right, distance who knows :lol: .... a guy has to do something to take a wash)

and I believe terry was in the zone between 15 & 16 too, pitty he could not find that drive.

I must just spend to much time with shazza as I didn't think too many choice words came out :wink: and she did kick/throw any clubs? :wink:

Terry posting any pics?

shazza_rs
3rd January 2006, 05:32 PM
Mental note for future rounds of ozgolf...... keep my mouth shut.... :lol:

I didn't think i was that bad.... :oops:

damoocow
3rd January 2006, 07:08 PM
Oh was it hot ???!!! - was so stuffed from it all I went to bed [alone] at 8pm...........didn't wake up until 7am this morning, was even too tired last night to have a beer !- now that is a tough day of golf.........
Thanks westy for getting it all together - those clones of yours are the ticket alright, well done........also thanks to cobra who can really spank the ball around, beautiful swing too.....he just had one of those days where all the bad luck falls your way,
looking fwd to the next one............

damoocow

BrisWesty
3rd January 2006, 08:46 PM
In damoocow's defense, he carried his clubs for the full 18. That deserves a medal (or an assessment) in itself. I'm surprised he didn't curl up for a nap under the table at the 19th.

Jarro
3rd January 2006, 08:49 PM
Moocow's a wimp ... i carried my clubs for 18 today and felt great when i got home :smt003

damoocow
3rd January 2006, 09:01 PM
i carried my clubs for 18 today and felt great when i got home

good going jarro - that would make 2 days in a row ......oh hang on , weren't you in a cart yesterday???

damoocow

Jarro
3rd January 2006, 09:04 PM
i carried my clubs for 18 today and felt great when i got home

good going jarro -  that would make 2 days in a row ......oh hang on , weren't you in a cart yesterday???

damoocow

yes, in a cart yesterday ..... but i played 2 days in a row in 35* heat .... carrying clubs for 1 round.

I am clearly the better man.

to the back of the bus with you Moocow [-(

BrisWesty
4th January 2006, 11:13 AM
Any photos Tezza?

AndyP
4th January 2006, 11:21 AM
Any photos Tezza?
Careful, you'll incur the wrath of jarro asking questions like that.

BrisWesty
4th January 2006, 01:39 PM
Sorry AndyP, I'm lost. :smt017

AndyP
4th January 2006, 01:52 PM
Sorry AndyP, I'm lost. :smt017
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71385#71385

BrisWesty
4th January 2006, 02:01 PM
Ta Andy