PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Queensland Golf *Clubs*

markTHEblake
10th December 2005, 11:04 AM
List here your Top 10 favourite Golf Clubs in queensland or close by.

Please note the carefull use of the word club - not to be confused with the word 'course' or 'resort'. Only list here Golf Clubs that are owned by members and the course was built by the members and evolved over many years (its ok to include courses upgraded by architects).

Here's my list, ranked in my rough order of success in establishing and evolving a course over time

Townsville
Horton Park
Caloundra
Maryborough
Hervey Bay
Nambour
Emerald
Cooroy
Capricorn Country Club
Kingaroy

There is lots of different reasons I chose these courses, but basically they are ones that I definitely want to play again. Also there are no local courses in my list, probably because there are none that really excite me (grass is always greener on the other side you know)

mike
10th December 2005, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen Townsville in a long time but I spoke to a T'ville member who said the place has turned into a real sh!t-hole. His words.

My picks:
1 Mareeba :D
2 Half Moon Bay
3 Cairns
4 Mossman
5 Townsville
6 Rowes Bay
7 Atherton
8 Mt Garnet
9 Willows
10 Pentland :?

Anything south of latitude 19 wasn't considered.

Courty
10th December 2005, 11:06 PM
2 Half Moon Bay
3 Cairns

What the...? You picked HMBGC before Cairns?! Are you serious? :smt017

mike
10th December 2005, 11:45 PM
What the...? You picked HMBGC before Cairns?! Are you serious? :smt017

Yep, not as far to travel

Moe Norman
11th December 2005, 05:03 PM
so Brisbane, RQ, Indro and the like don't qualify or are you guys just Stevie Wonder in disguise?

Iain
11th December 2005, 09:07 PM
so Brisbane, RQ, Indro and the like don't qualify or are you guys just Stevie Wonder in disguise?

Neither, they're just northerner's!!!

AndyP
12th December 2005, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure that I have witnessed the establishment and evolvement of a course over time, so I would have trouble developing a list.

BrisVegas
12th December 2005, 09:42 AM
For various reasons, but all of them I've enjoyed and would go back to if I had the chance...

City Golf Club
Goondiwindi
Brisbane
Wynnum
Gailes
Nudgee
Maryborough
Indooroopilly
Redland Bay
Jondaryan!

markTHEblake
12th December 2005, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure that I have witnessed the establishment and evolvement of a course over time

Who has ? virtually nobody.

in other words we are looking for popular courses that arent overpriced prefabricated resorts.

Moe Norman
12th December 2005, 02:01 PM
1. Indooroopilly
2. Royal QLD
3. Noosa Tewantin
4. Brisbane GC
5. Bribie Island
6. Pacific
7. Cairns
8. Ipswich
9. Middle Ridge
10. Stradbroke Island