PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Draw

Fishman Dan
10th December 2005, 06:32 AM
Another shameful display of Eurotrash. I was expecting a song and dance, but this is pretty terrible. Mind you, Heidi Klum has come up a treat :shock: She's missed just about every cue.... but i'll forgive her.

Hurry up with the draw already!

peter_rs
10th December 2005, 06:46 AM
watching on sbs now

Fishman Dan
10th December 2005, 06:49 AM
Here's goes pot 2 - i don't know what the rules are, but it seems a little shambolic! A lot of rules and by-laws.

Ivory Coast not happy with being in Group C with the Argies!

We could still be in Brazil's group, which would probably be better in the group stages!

It's settled! Group F with Brazil!

BRING IT ON!!!!!

peter_rs
10th December 2005, 06:53 AM
Its not that good Fish only top 2 make the second round so if we get Europe teams in the others spots it could be a hard pool

peter_rs
10th December 2005, 06:57 AM
portugal
czech is gone

thats good

3 spot is Croatia thats a oops :oops:

Croatia V brazil what a game

Fishman Dan
10th December 2005, 07:00 AM
Ukraine or Switzerland probably would have been better, but having said that there are no bludger teams in the World Cup FINALS!

Except Australia of course :?

Pete - you can have a draw in the group stages, you can't from round 2 onwards ;) That means we shouldn't play Brazil again until the Final!

peter_rs
10th December 2005, 07:12 AM
oh well Japan. a black horse.....

Brazil doesn't draw many matchs against better sides, they fall asleep against the smaller teams. Nothing fix in the second round and as you said therre are no really soft teams.

"group of death is".... there are no super pools but ours would rate as one of the hardest... bring it on.

so japan then brazil then croatia, least brazil is not the last pool game.

AndyP
10th December 2005, 07:45 AM
So to summarise the confusing dialogue above:

Group F:
Australia
Brazil
Japan
Croatia

Did I translate correctly?

CobraSS
10th December 2005, 08:32 AM
Yes :D

CobraSS
10th December 2005, 08:39 AM
Too say their is no super group is a load of BS, group C looks like the group of death to me,

Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia and Montenegro
Netherlands

Best African team, second best South American team and two of the best that Europe has to offer, all four teams have rightfull claims to progress to the next round, but only two will.

Jarro
10th December 2005, 08:49 AM
so how far do you experts think we'll progress in this tournament :?:

we're not there to make up the numbers i hope :?

markTHEblake
10th December 2005, 08:52 AM
Japan playing cricket now?

CobraSS
10th December 2005, 08:56 AM
so how far do you experts think we'll progress in this tournament :?:

we're not there to make up the numbers i hope :?

Australia playing the best they possibly can, can beat Croatia and Japan, but that doesn't mean they will, nobody in their right mind would tip us to beat Brazil, but sport is sport and shit can happen, hey just ask a Bronco's supporter, shit can happen........................... :D

Jarro
10th December 2005, 09:00 AM
just ask a Bronco's supporter, s#$% can happen........................... :D

2006 can't come quick enough mate :wink:

Courty
10th December 2005, 09:01 AM
least brazil is not the last pool game.

That would probably prove to be a better situation for Australia. Assuming Brazil would win their first 2 matches against Japan & the Crazy Croats, therefore guaranteeing their progression, they would most likely field a 2nd string team against our boys so Ronaldo et al could rest and not be exposed to unnecessary injury risk.

As it stands:

Japan is a should win,
Brazil is a not likely to win,
Croatia is a must win (but will be tough) it all depends on whether the Croats bring their game that day. They have bucketloads of talent, but are so hot-tempered they can lose sight of the game-plan.

That said, anything could happen and stranger things have happened

peter_rs
10th December 2005, 11:25 AM
Too say their is no super group is a load of BS, group C looks like the group of death to me,

Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia and Montenegro
Netherlands

Best African team, second best South American team and two of the best that Europe has to offer, all four teams have rightfull claims to progress to the next round, but only two will.

The debate starts but I would not say Ivory Coast or Serbia are any better than a Japan or Korea. At this level no result is taken for granted.