PDA

View Full Version : Mount Tamborine Golf Course

damoocow
8th December 2005, 10:24 AM
Has anyone played this course ? - I am guessing it is a 9 holer, but apart from that do not know much.............I am taking the wife to Tamborine on the weekend for her birthday , but am trying to convince her to play some golf too.........

damoocow

markTHEblake
8th December 2005, 10:01 PM
Played it once, even though its on top of the plateau, still quite hilly. 9 holes but you have two long uphill walks back up to the clubhouse (3rd and 9th)

Lot of interesting variation in the course, some short easy holes, and some longer hard ones. I have been trying to get back to play it again and never got around to it.

The only tip i can remember is on the 4th (with houses OB left) is dont hit it right of centre, you cant get over or around the magnetic tree with your 2nd

And it has two great assets that no other Gold Coast course has,
- 5 degrees cooler
- and much less than $100 to play

Jarro
9th December 2005, 11:02 AM
give it a miss Moo, just head to the pub instead :wink:

damoocow
12th December 2005, 04:14 PM
thanks for the tips...... didn't get to play though - the course looks great I must say - will get back there to play it one day, a few steep hills !!! - off to the coast now - see you at Brooky Sunday !!

damoocow

Jarro
13th December 2005, 12:40 AM
ahhhhh, the life of a drama teacher :roll: :lol:

BeGoodJohnny
9th December 2007, 01:46 PM
Played a 4bbb stableford event 2 weeks ago there with my social club. If you are playing 18 get a motorised cart unless you want some hiking. Level ground is scarce. Our social club turned up at 7am as booked with the club. No one in the pro shop, clubhouse, nothing. 20 minutes later a staff member turns up and takes another 20 minutes to give us our carts.

Practice facilities: putting green, practice nets

It's a nine hole course with varied tees for the front and back nine. Every green is elevated with the front banks usually covered with thick cushy grass. There's not much water on the course apart from the creek/gully running across the Par 5 1st/10th. Running your approaches onto to the green is usually not an option. The greens are about average. Not a bad course, my opinion might be dampened by how poorly I played but I'm sure there were good points (I just can't think of any).

Nothing really would entice me to play there again (it's not our calendar for next years program).

AndyP
9th December 2007, 04:31 PM
You're digging up some threads here, BGJ.

I guess I won't be adding Mount Tamborine to my must play list.

markTHEblake
9th December 2007, 08:42 PM
You're digging up some threads here, BGJ.

I guess I won't be adding Mount Tamborine to my must play list.

At several degrees below the temperature at sea level it is worth playing this time of year :-)