PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the guard....

terryand
27th June 2004, 03:04 PM
After todays Ozgolf day,there is a new long drive champion.There has been a changing of the guard.

I have mixed it with Ozgolf long hitters,Nudgee,Brisvegas and jaster,all 4 of us can get it out there on any given day.But today I was in awe of the driving display out on by one of our group.

The second longest hitter in Ozgolf(Brisvegas) was in our group today and he and I where made to look silly on ocasions by a guy that is lucky to be 65kg wringing wet.

Us big bopper had no answer to the powerful display from this diminutive power hitter.

Bris didn't cop the same pasting I did off the tee today,but we both where shown up by the awesome driving display from.....Jono.

With the wind or into the wind it didn't matter,Jono just smashed it with a great launch angle that was so high and penetrating even into the wind, simply awesome.

I had a great score today,but as far as I am concerned Jono won the day.

Cause as we all know its all about how far you hit it not what you score, right.

Jono,I bow my head to you,where not worthy,hail the new king.

Terry.

gazgolf1
27th June 2004, 03:34 PM
I'd like to hear a comment from Tour Spec Nudgee on this matter please. :wink:

Jarro
27th June 2004, 07:51 PM
I'd like to hear a comment from Tour Spec Nudgee on this matter please. :wink:

umm, he was in my group today Gaz...and i can tell you without doubt ....

.. no-one was getting it out there by him :wink:

I did however see a couple of Jono's drives bound by me on a couple of holes.. he must have really been spanking them out there :shock:

All hail the new king :D

Eag's
28th June 2004, 05:11 AM
We are not worthy 8) a fine display of driving from Jono yesterday :wink:
What does it feel like to hit long bomb after long bomb Jono :?: :)
Mind you I did get you guys on one hole the 9th by about 40m, I will hang on to that moment for as long as I can hehe!

Jono
28th June 2004, 06:42 AM
As much as I am tempted to let this ride for a bit, I have to set the record straight. Bris must be having a good chuckle, because I only got him on two holes and that was by about a meter or so. He was swinging it silky smooth with controlled fades whereas I was swinging hard just to keep up with the big boys. Just happened to catch a couple off the screws with good launch angle and spin (I suppose). And into the wind, Tez got me by 30 meters (on the 17th)!

To G69, I'd like to say this. I have christened my SMT Spectrum driver with a new name. "The Whale Hunter" ... :shock: :lol: :wink:

BrisVegas
28th June 2004, 08:00 AM
I'm awaiting the urine sample results... Jono has to be on the juice, in my opinion. :wink: :wink:

The thing which amazed me was how effortless the distance was. Off the club, Jono's drives didn't look anything too special. Just a nice, high, solid strike. 260-280 metres later in the middle of the fairway when we finally got to his ball, the results were apparent to all. WOW!! :shock:

Similar to Ben Johnson in the Olympics when he destroyed Carl Lewis over 100m. He might have been juiced up, but DAMN it was impressive.... 8) 8)

AndyP
28th June 2004, 08:05 AM
Mind you I did get you guys on one hole the 9th by about 40m, I will hang on to that moment for as long as I can hehe!
I'm still hanging on to one lucky drive I had at Wynnum earlier this year. :wink:

BrisVegas
28th June 2004, 08:10 AM
I'm still hanging on to one lucky drive I had at Wynnum earlier this year. :wink:

Eag's - we're clutching at straws mate. Jono had us covered. Despite that, I had my moment in the sun on 18 where I bombed one past the Doctor.

G69 - nah, that's not crossing the line. We'll let you know when you do... :wink:

Fishman Dan
28th June 2004, 08:12 AM
....confirmed, the nuts were the size of 5c pieces. A sure sign of him being on the gear ! :?

Did you assess an immediate 2 stroke penalty?

Ok, now we're beyond the line..

terryand
28th June 2004, 08:44 AM
As much as I am tempted to let this ride for a bit, I have to set the record straight. Bris must be having a good chuckle, because I only got him on two holes and that was by about a meter or so.

Don't be so modest Jono.A metre, a centimetre or 10 metres,which ever wat you look at it its still longer.

Where not worthy....

As for me I had nuttin off the tee.Had to keep watchin the back of the three of you(when eags was able to control that big snapper) walking ahead of me while I was taking my second shot.

Terry.

Jarro
28th June 2004, 09:38 AM
well sorry to shoot you down Jono, but i doubt whether your best yesterday would have beaten Samson :?

yet another awesome display of power hitting off the tee :shock: ... but the funny thing is, even though he was nutting them out there miles by the rest of us ... i still don't think he really "flushed" many of them :roll:

highlight for me was the driver/3 wood to pin high on the Par5 14th ... nearly taking out a Japanese woman who was playing in the group ahead of us :shock:

Jono
28th June 2004, 06:29 PM
Vegas

Not wanting to get too personal, but there was a dead set givaway in the Indoo locker room. I snuck a sneaky sideways glance at the urinal next to "Long Jono' and confirmed, the nuts were the size of 5c pieces. A sure sign of him being on the gear ! :?

...hang on..did I just cross the line ?

G69, the only roids I see in my line of work are thrombosed hemorrhoids. They are hardly performance enhancing ... :lol: I think the nut size was due to the cold air more than anything else ... :roll:

G69 crossing the line? Nahh ... :wink:

Jono
28th June 2004, 06:45 PM
well sorry to shoot you down Jono, but i doubt whether your best yesterday would have beaten Samson :?

yet another awesome display of power hitting off the tee :shock: ... but the funny thing is, even though he was nutting them out there miles by the rest of us ... i still don't think he really "flushed" many of them :roll:

highlight for me was the driver/3 wood to pin high on the Par5 14th ... nearly taking out a Japanese woman who was playing in the group ahead of us :shock:

I've played with Nudgee before and he was LONG! He was keeping right up there with the pro in our pro-am group and drove past him on a couple of holes. I was some 40 meters behind them on most holes.

BTW, is the 14th the tight par 5 with the green on top of a hill? That's awesome getting your second shot up there. You must have shaped your second shot with a slight fade.

I think Tez and BrisVegas were shocked to see my ball past theirs. My two good drives hardly compares to the feat of the day which was Tez's scoring. But hey, I suppose even a 65kg hack gets his 15 minutes of fame ... :lol:

markTHEblake
28th June 2004, 07:46 PM
G69, the only roids I see in my line of work are thrombosed hemorrhoids.

G69, told you that Jono's speciality was right up your Alley!

terryand
28th June 2004, 07:49 PM

LMAO.

Terry.

Jono
28th June 2004, 08:15 PM

LMAO.

Terry.

Or should that be LMHO? :wink:

Golfgirl
29th June 2004, 01:52 PM
Vegas

Not wanting to get too personal, but there was a dead set givaway in the Indoo locker room. I snuck a sneaky sideways glance at the urinal next to "Long Jono' and confirmed, the nuts were the size of 5c pieces. A sure sign of him being on the gear ! :?

...hang on..did I just cross the line ?

G69, the only roids I see in my line of work are thrombosed hemorrhoids. They are hardly performance enhancing ... :lol: I think the nut size was due to the cold air more than anything else ... :roll:

G69 crossing the line? Nahh ... :wink:

:shock: :? :lol:

andylo
29th June 2004, 02:05 PM
Hi Jono,

Would you mind to give me a review on your Spectrum?

Iain
29th June 2004, 05:19 PM
I'll hail the new king when I see him (Or hear from a reliable source) drive a 320m par 4, like I saw the current and reigning king do so on Sunday (Well just to the right of it anyway).... :lol:

No offence Jono, you'd have to be long to outdrive Tez and Vegas.... :shock:

Iain

Jono
29th June 2004, 06:36 PM
I'll hail the new king when I see him (Or hear from a reliable source) drive a 320m par 4, like I saw the current and reigning king do so on Sunday (Well just to the right of it anyway).... :lol:

No offence Jono, you'd have to be long to outdrive Tez and Vegas.... :shock:

Iain

No hailing ... please. I am a bit embarrassed with this whole thing. I think Tez is having a bit of fun with this hailing business. :lol: I am not a big hitter. For my height (5'7") and weight (65kg) I am OK, but I am nowhere near the class of the big hitters on this forum. I got lucky on 2 of the 14 driving holes. Vegas and Tez were outdriving me consistently and Eags drove it past me when he hit one out of the middle (par 5 9th). So, if you were analytical about it, I would have been the shortest in our group. On the two holes where I managed to hit the furthest, the ball must have hit a rock or a hard patch on the fairway. As I said, Tez is having a good laugh whilst I am being portrayed as the golfing doctor with 5 cent piece nuts! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

terryand
29th June 2004, 06:43 PM
Don't sell yourself SHORT Jono :smt043 :smt044 :smt081

Terry.

BrisVegas
29th June 2004, 06:47 PM
You're too modest Jono. :roll: You're spotting me 35kgs and 7 inches of height and yet you hit it past or level with me pretty easily. If you're really embarrassed by the accolades, I'll stop. But you have to admit.... pound for pound.... Nobody on this forum can touch you! :P :P

You the man. 8)

Jono
29th June 2004, 06:49 PM
Hi Jono,

Would you mind to give me a review on your Spectrum?

I would love to, Andy. I like the size and shape of the head to start with. I was using the SMT 455 before this one, which always felt a bit too big for me. The head size is supposed to be 390cc but it looks more like 360cc at address. I like the colour of the head also. Black with sort of underlying grey/brown tinge to it.

I have the ICON V2 shaft (I think in the stiff flex) which matches the head well, both in colour and performance. I like to tee it high and hit it on the way up, so the 7 degree loft works well for me. When I hit this club well, the ball flies high but rolls quite a bit too when it lands. That's what I like about it. I like the sound of the club as well. Very solid, not the hollow tinny sound your sometimes associate big heads with.

I got mine on ebay for a very good price. I mainly got it because I wanted to try the V2 shaft but I am very impressed with the Spectrum head. If you are in the market for a new driver, this one's worth a look.

andylo
30th June 2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks Jono :)

If you are using a 7° loft and driving such distance, you are a big hitter :) You should proud of yourself :D

BrisVegas
30th June 2004, 11:45 AM
You're spotting me 35kgs and 7 inches of height

Boy, that was a critical word at the end there Vegas. :shock:

indeed. :smt031

Golfgirl
30th June 2004, 03:19 PM
You're spotting me 35kgs and 7 inches of height

Boy, that was a critical word at the end there Vegas. :shock:

We're all still talking about golf, aren't we? :? :wink: