PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 27th May 2013

PeteyD
31st May 2013, 12:54 PM
Chopped around Pacific for a disappointing 25 points today. Everything was just offline today, also wiped a hole when some ahole social chopper took my ball and left his crappy old one on the side of the fairway.

Next game is the OG Masters at Woodford on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Outcast
31st May 2013, 05:18 PM
Considering shooting myself after the chopping I've been doing lately:smt087

Squidboy
1st June 2013, 08:38 AM
34 pts around oxley on Friday. 2 gir. Was a tough day.

PeteyD
1st June 2013, 12:29 PM
Much improved today. Started in showers but was nice and fine by the time we finished.

Started with a 8 on the first ... but regained composure to finish with a 89/73 in the monthly medal. 5 pars, 1 double and the quad. 6 Fwy, 5 Grn and 28 Putts. Left a couple just short in the heart to.

Courty
1st June 2013, 01:37 PM
I played at Mareeba with Solarman this morning to avoid the 5 hr Club Champs rounds in the rain.

I birdied the 1st, and then it was all downhill from there. :roll:

idgolfguy
1st June 2013, 03:08 PM
Vines shot 8 over for 40pts.

Only five fairways, three of which were birdies.
Two doubles and could not hit my mid irons.
Poor putts, left 5 simple short putts out there.

GuyIncognito
1st June 2013, 03:11 PM
had 2 over in medal round this morning off 7... was in the fourth group out, got in the clubhouse and saw there were already three ppl with 6up... might win scratch tho...

down to 5.9 if my calculations are correct...

Marto65
1st June 2013, 04:32 PM
First round of club champs.

Train wreck.

That is all.

matty
1st June 2013, 05:55 PM
Hadnt hit a ball in a couple of weeks until yesterday. Had the shits with trying to get a steeper backswing. Went to the range and decided to swing freely. My only swing thought was one piece takeaway, stay down and finish the shot. Hit it great. Decided to play medal today.

Get to course. No warm up due to getting in with earlier group.

Front 9 - 9 pars. Hitting it sweeeet.

Had 3 birds and 2 pars on back 9. Wait for it.

Unfortunately other 4 holes were 2 x triples, and 2 x doubles. Finished 79/75.

jimandr
1st June 2013, 06:17 PM
Awful round in the medal today. 92/82. I know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't fix it.

The round really tested my love of golf. It drizzled rain all day, I played with two slow hackers, and we finished in the dark. Walking up the last in the dark and nine over handicap I really wondered why I was doing this. Naturally I three-putted it to top it off perfectly.

matty
1st June 2013, 06:32 PM
Have a few weeks, or a month or two off Jim. See if it helps.

Outcast
1st June 2013, 06:39 PM
First round of Club Championships - 86/77 (Not real flash)

I got a bit of a shock when I examined my stats post round; I played 3 wood off the tee all day which was smart golf & will do so again tomorrow.

FIR 75% & I averaged about 240 - 250 off the tee all day.

GIR 17% - This stat really shocked me. I knew my iron play wasn't particularly good today but, didn't think it was this bad

Putts 31 - This wasn't too bad (especially by my standards)

Scrambling/Bunkers 48%/50% - This wasn't too bad but, a couple of train wreck chips did cost me 2 - 3 shots

Need to pick up my iron play tomorrow big time & try and get a couple of rounds in under hcp to get back in the hcp honours mix.

It was a bit soggy out there today & won't be much better tomorrow but, no excuses clearly my iron play needs to improve big time!

Steve57
1st June 2013, 10:00 PM
Shot 73/66 this afternoon in good conditions considering the inch of rain that we have had this week.
11 pars, 2 birdies, 5 bogeys, 8 GIR , 5 FW , 27 putts
H/cap back down to 6.2

Hatchman
2nd June 2013, 12:34 AM
Monthly Medal @ Kupunda
It rained for 75% of the round and was quite windy as well.
Wish I could blame the conditions for the shocker today but a can't. I just hit it like crap.

Day started badly when I hit my first drive and it drifted towards the fairway trap on the corner of the first. Looked all around the area near the trap and couldn't find the ball. Walk back to hit another and hit exactly the same shot again. Playing partners saw it plug in the back end of the trap, first ball was about 4 foot away. Chopped ball out of bad plugged lie and knocked 8 iron to 10 foot, sink putt to save double. Not happy but not stressed either.
Put drives dead at the base of trees on 2 of the next 3 and after I missed a 3 footer to make my first par on 5 I knew it was going to be a long day. Made my first par of the day on 8. Lucky I played the last 4 of the day 1 under or the score would have been huge.

I hit so many shots fat today. I've been hitting a few but today was real bad and frustrating, not sure what's going on with the swing.
Hit my first par 5 in reg for 3 rounds at home on the last par 5 of the day and made the putt (Need to find some thing good out of the day).

Stats
Kapunda Par 73 ACR 72

Score 86/82
Effective Drives_4 = 26.7%
Greens in Reg_3 = 16.7%
Up/Down Par Saves_20%
Putts_30
1 Birdie, 1 Double

Marto65
2nd June 2013, 05:47 AM
Shot 73/66 this afternoon in good conditions considering the inch of rain that we have had this week.
11 pars, 2 birdies, 5 bogeys, 8 GIR , 5 FW , 27 putts
H/cap back down to 6.2

Nice work Steve. Great round.

matty
2nd June 2013, 05:58 AM
Monthly Medal @ Kupunda
It rained for 75% of the round and was quite windy as well.
Wish I could blame the conditions for the shocker today but a can't. I just hit it like crap.

Day started badly when I hit my first drive and it drifted towards the fairway trap on the corner of the first. Looked all around the area near the trap and couldn't find the ball. Walk back to hit another and hit exactly the same shot again. Playing partners saw it plug in the back end of the trap, first ball was about 4 foot away. Chopped ball out of bad plugged lie and knocked 8 iron to 10 foot, sink putt to save double. Not happy but not stressed either.
Put drives dead at the base of trees on 2 of the next 3 and after I missed a 3 footer to make my first par on 5 I knew it was going to be a long day. Made my first par of the day on 8. Lucky I played the last 4 of the day 1 under or the score would have been huge.

I hit so many shots fat today. I've been hitting a few but today was real bad and frustrating, not sure what's going on with the swing.
Hit my first par 5 in reg for 3 rounds at home on the last par 5 of the day and made the putt (Need to find some thing good out of the day).

Stats
Kapunda Par 73 ACR 72

Score 86/82
Effective Drives_4 = 26.7%
Greens in Reg_3 = 16.7%
Up/Down Par Saves_20%
Putts_30
1 Birdie, 1 Double

You made Marto feel a bit better :)

Dcanto
2nd June 2013, 06:55 AM
First round of club champs. Train wreck. That is all. Ditto. Moving on...Edit: Did manage to pick up a NTP, so my round did have a bright spot.

Shortylook
2nd June 2013, 09:06 AM
101 in the monthly mug stroke day. Played like crud. A 9 on a par 4 didn't help. Didnt hit any clubs well and missed heaps of par putts that turned into double's :(

Hatchman
2nd June 2013, 10:05 AM
101 in the monthly mug stroke day. Played like crud. A 9 on a par 4 didn't help. Didnt hit any clubs well and missed heaps of par putts that turned into double's :(

You had a heap of 3 stabs on scrapes, that's very bad.

blurry
2nd June 2013, 11:09 AM
37 points at Penrith off 10 in the monthly medal yesterday (winter medal days played as stableford), rated 74 . lose a shot
C grade was won with 48 points he'll lose a shot too:neutral:

Leon Phelps
2nd June 2013, 12:23 PM
Monthly medal yesterday. 90/71 net 77
Was going very nicely at 8 over through 14 in very tough, windy & wet conditions, then had a triple on 15 where I was greenside in 2 but we couldn't find the ball.(must of plugged but we took the 5 minutes looking for it and couldn't find it. Back to the spot for a very disappointing 7. Par on the next to stay at 11 over with two to play. The next hole is the highlight of the day:
Par 4, index 5 hole. Tee up driver, pulled it left, hit a pine and went 90 degrees left into the piss. Shattered. Tee up again and hit a tree closer and further left, hits the middle and comes back past the tee off area where I now am playing my fourth. There is no shot here at all. Hit a 6 iron tried to thread the needle between two bushy pines, hit one of the trees in the middle and it doesn't come out. Unplayable drop, hitting 6 from basically level with the tee off area. Find a gap this time, 150 out hitting my seventh shot. Find the green (just) three putt for a 10.
Come the last, 155m par 3 over water. Hit it fat into the piss, drop, missed the green, chip on, 1 putt for a double
So close, and yet so far. The story of a hack folder I guess.

Shortylook
2nd June 2013, 12:33 PM
You had a heap of 3 stabs on scrapes, that's very bad.
Hatchy, it was a disgraceful display of putting by myself, I think I had 3 opportunities for pars and I blew them. What a Tosser

Outcast
2nd June 2013, 03:47 PM
Second Round Club Champs...

Too embarrassed to post my score... Train Wreck of epic proportions does not do it justice

Trying desperately to move on...

Edit: I think todays effort will take me back to double figure handicap for the first time in approximately 4 years... I'm ashamed!!

Nug300
2nd June 2013, 07:47 PM
Had the NSW 4BBB at Gungahlin today. I shot an average 28pts and mate shot 27pts but we managed to combine for 42pts to run 2nd and qualify for the district final.

Not too bad considering the very average conditions out there today, raining for half the round and rather windy. Course held up pretty well considering.

Have to play at Cooma in August now, probably going to be covered in snow

WBennett
2nd June 2013, 09:00 PM
Nice work nug. Who was your partner?

golfbound
2nd June 2013, 09:09 PM
37 points Gainsborough Greens today with 4 wipes had some good holes and some bad.

Nug300
3rd June 2013, 06:44 AM
Had a mate sign up with me in April as well, I was off 13 and he off 32

I shall come say hello next monday as you are in the group before me

Nice work nug. Who was your partner?

SeldomEagles
3rd June 2013, 02:13 PM
38 points and a hole in one. Booyeah!!

Monsta
3rd June 2013, 02:17 PM
Had a mate sign up with me in April as well, I was off 13 and he off 32

I shall come say hello next monday as you are in the group before me

He wont be hard to miss Nug, just look for the Orange man...........

Waddzy
3rd June 2013, 02:18 PM
38 points and a hole in one. Booyeah!!Congrats on the HIO mate and nice round.

Shortylook
3rd June 2013, 04:58 PM
38 points and a hole in one. Booyeah!!
Nice work, congrats on the HIO

JADO75
3rd June 2013, 05:17 PM
Played in a golf day we have every year at Windsor for a mate that passed away awhile ago, shot a 78 off the bat including an 8 on the par 4 18th (hitting 5 off the tee after putting 2 OB). Ended up winning the day & a nearest the pin, missed out on a hole in one on the 13th by about 2cm. Weather couldn't have been better & got the chance to see some old mates & remember a great bloke.

benno_r
3rd June 2013, 05:44 PM
Played my 1st 3 figure score for at least 12 months, including 3 lost balls, my first ever unplayable (ball in the bouganvillia above head height), and 4 8's including 1 on a par 3.

Slotted me in nicely in last place.

matty
3rd June 2013, 06:05 PM
Played in a golf day we have every year at Windsor for a mate that passed away awhile ago, shot a 78 off the bat including an 8 on the par 4 18th (hitting 5 off the tee after putting 2 OB). Ended up winning the day & a nearest the pin, missed out on a hole in one on the 13th by about 2cm. Weather couldn't have been better & got the chance to see some old mates & remember a great bloke.

He's back.

JADO75
3rd June 2013, 06:46 PM
Getting there brotha, R1 has been a massive help. We'll have to grab a game somewhere bud

rubin
3rd June 2013, 08:58 PM
Secret Harbour yesterday. 37 points off the blacks, sees me drop a shot and win the comp.

Whilst happy to play to/just over the cap, not overly happy with the day. Was a day of could of's. 3 putted a bunch of times that should have been 2 on the maximum, and just some dumb shots as well as a few distracted shots. Felt good to actually close out a round though.

Managed to knock in a few birds too as well which always helps the score, one of em on the only hole that I didn't get a shot on, so I was pretty happy with that. If I can get my putting going again, that will save me a heap of shots.

Next round is The Vines on Sunday, so we'll see if we can back it up again.

Pieface
3rd June 2013, 10:35 PM
Congrats on the win rubes!

Started well at wanneroo today. Had 11 points after 4 holes. Hit my tees shot on the fifth hole right where I wanted and proceeded to wipe the hole. Blocked my tee shot right on the next hole. Got in my head and I played rubbish golf from there. Still it beat the ass off going to work :)

grandmasterb
6th June 2013, 07:49 PM
Played yesterday: 34 points with 6 one pointers and a wipe :(

Shortylook
6th June 2013, 08:24 PM
36 points today. Putted really well, but shots of the tee were average at best.

idgolfguy
7th June 2013, 08:53 AM
34 points on Wednesday.
4 doubles for 9 over on the front, 2 doubles and missed a couple inside 3 feet to make 2 bogies for 4 over.
Still can't get to 10!

Shortylook
7th June 2013, 01:11 PM
34 points on Wednesday.
4 doubles for 9 over on the front, 2 doubles and missed a couple inside 3 feet to make 2 bogies for 4 over.
Still can't get to 10!
Ha and I'm creaming with 36 and I'm off 25. Well played

jimandr
7th June 2013, 11:46 PM
Probably my last ever golfing RDO, wasted in the Friday Camden Lakeside comp. My golfing struggles continued with 31 points.

Short driving, bad chipping and worse putting. A combination that makes scoring very difficult.

I'm probably going to play two more games at Lakeside, then I'll take a break from golf.