PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Callaway 3 Deep 13*

Shane788
30th May 2013, 09:30 PM
Just tyre kicking at the moment as club champs are this weekend and following weekend so I'm looking at getting one the following week. Thought I'd ask here before I go to Drummond.

TheNuclearOne
30th May 2013, 10:32 PM
I'll attest these are one hot mofo off the tee. Quite easy to hit off there too. I have a 14.5* and they go like the clappers. Off the deck will depend on the player. Noice choice.

Shane788
30th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Everything I have read says the exact same I'm quite excited about it, I'm only getting the 13* for off the tee and I expect it to be very long, i have no need off the deck as my home track has no use for 3 wood off the deck for long hitters, but will be great on some par 4's.

TheNuclearOne
30th May 2013, 11:15 PM
Go the 13* for sure. I was surprised i hit the 14.5* as high as i do off the tee, but it is undoubtably low spin. You could set it up like a mini driver for sure in 13*.

rubin
30th May 2013, 11:18 PM
Now you've had a chance to hit it a few times TNO - what are your thoughts on pairing It with a chuk?

The chuk is working great in my current 3 wood, and im keen on keeping it in play.

TheNuclearOne
30th May 2013, 11:34 PM
Now you've had a chance to hit it a few times TNO - what are your thoughts on pairing It with a chuk?

The chuk is working great in my current 3 wood, and im keen on keeping it in play.

Mate unfortunately i have never hit the chuk. Based on what i have come across on your golf and the shaft it might be a worthwhile experiment. Obviously the main worry is will you launch and spin it enough.

Granted you want it for off the tee it could be a match made in heaven. If you launch and spin it enough with the stability and control of the Chuk, wellllllllll. Mini driver would indeed be the word. Plenty are building them in driver like setups regarding the shaft, which you would be with the Chuk. Wot loft would you nab?

Just keeping you near the top Steve :)

nudgee
31st May 2013, 06:21 AM
I have had the 13 for a few weeks and it is an absolute bomber off the tee - I had a tour AD DI 7X in it and off the tee, it was just short of my driver but a hell of a lot easier to play. Off the deck, well that is another story, if you are in the rough and it is kinda sitting up then no probs.

I am reshafting it with a Blueboard 83 stiff to try and get a bit more air time.

Oh yeah forgot to say that this beast is awesome in the wind.

Good luck in finding one - you wont regret it.

Shane788
31st May 2013, 08:11 AM
All this talk is making me want to go down now and buy one. My 910F 13.5* is only 25m short of my driver so I'm expecting this to beat that but mainly for in the wind it's so windy here and my ball flight being fairly high just kills me.

benno_r
31st May 2013, 08:25 AM
Shane, who has one in stock nearby?

TheNuclearOne
31st May 2013, 09:23 AM
All this talk is making me want to go down now and buy one. My 910F 13.5* is only 25m short of my driver so I'm expecting this to beat that but mainly for in the wind it's so windy here and my ball flight being fairly high just kills me.

I'll be shocked if it doesn't give you 10 on the Titleist. It's just so easy to hit off the tee, enough cc's and plenty of deep face and forgiveness. Quite a straight shooter too.

At present i am still only using the stocko. I went X (6.5) based on the 6.0 playing a bit soft in my X Hot Pro 15*. I am having no trouble using it so it's well below X. Being stock at 43.5" means if it's playing a bit soft for someone they could tip it 1/2", add a bit of tape and still have it playing at the common 3 wood length of 43". It's 75 grams so isn't overly light.

Fair chance you might get away with the stocko one way or another if that helps.

Shane788
31st May 2013, 04:09 PM

Hey benno, no one has them in stock I think because of the lack of players around here that would have the swing to use it, but both house of golf and Drummond can get them for $229 so I'd imagine Kevin in maryborough would be able to as well.

Shane788
31st May 2013, 04:11 PM

Hey benno, no one has them in stock I think because of the lack of players around here that would have the swing to use it, but both house of golf and Drummond can get them for $229 so I'd imagine Kevin in maryborough would be able to as well.

Shane788
31st May 2013, 04:13 PM
I'll be shocked if it doesn't give you 10 on the Titleist. It's just so easy to hit off the tee, enough cc's and plenty of deep face and forgiveness. Quite a straight shooter too.

At present i am still only using the stocko. I went X (6.5) based on the 6.0 playing a bit soft in my X Hot Pro 15*. I am having no trouble using it so it's well below X. Being stock at 43.5" means if it's playing a bit soft for someone they could tip it 1/2", add a bit of tape and still have it playing at the common 3 wood length of 43". It's 75 grams so isn't overly light.

Fair chance you might get away with the stocko one way or another if that helps.

What's your driver ss? I'm unsure wether to go stiff or x I was leaning towards the x

TheNuclearOne
31st May 2013, 06:47 PM
What's your driver ss? I'm unsure wether to go stiff or x I was leaning towards the x

My driver SS would be just under 100mph at a guess, but i swing very very short and load hard. The 6.0 is lighter and not very stiff.

Shane788
31st May 2013, 08:18 PM
Oh ok then my driver is at 115-118 so ill definitely go x although after market shafts could be an option, thanks TNO!

TheNuclearOne
31st May 2013, 11:28 PM
No worries. If you're at 115+ the 6.5 will be soft even if you're smooth so avoid the 6.0 at any cost. Woods and Rory averaged 120 across 2012 and Woods is in an x tipped oodles.

Pherg
10th June 2013, 10:11 PM
If you're still interested Shane, I'm about to put mine up for grabs on the bay. Didn't work out for me, then my driver came good and now I've grabbed yet another pair of Footjoy Icons that I have to pay for.

13* Stock Project X Velocity 6.5

phergd at gmail dot com or PM me.