PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Camden Lakeside Monday 10 June 10.30ish

jimandr
28th May 2013, 09:00 PM
The public holiday Monday will probably be my last chance to invite fellow OzGolfers to Lakeside for a game. I am very unlikely to renew my membership, and I should be retired and living out of Sydney by the next public holiday in October.

The sheet is almost empty after 10.30 at this stage. I'll be playing Saturday, so I can enter some names then.

Who's up for a game?

Grunt
28th May 2013, 09:49 PM
Count me in Jim.

mrbluu
28th May 2013, 09:56 PM
grunt it's been awhile, do you even know where your clubs are??

Grunt
28th May 2013, 09:59 PM
grunt it's been awhile, do you even know where your clubs are??
Garage somewhere.

Need a game before the champs.

Grunt
30th May 2013, 05:46 PM
Come on where are the old school OzGolfer's to play in Jimandr's farewell to Sydney game?

Jono
TS
3oneDay
& Others

mrbluu
30th May 2013, 05:48 PM
you might have to pm 3OD as I think he only checks out the Proshop.

TS
30th May 2013, 07:31 PM
Come on where are the old school OzGolfer's to play in Jimandr's farewell to Sydney game?

Jono
TS
3oneDay
& Others

Hi Grant. Would love to have a game with you. But I am playing golf in China on the 10th.

jimandr
31st May 2013, 10:10 PM
At this stage it appears there are only two of us.

I'll only put two names down, but if more starters materialise I'll move us to a vacant tee time. Public holiday sheets tend to fill up only a day or so before the game.

I'm sure Grunt and I will find plenty to talk about.

Peppas
31st May 2013, 10:14 PM
Hey Jim, when does your membership run out??

I was planning on heading up for a round on the 23rd...

jimandr
1st June 2013, 06:27 PM
My membership runs out on 30 June. But frankly, there is no chance of getting a visitor a game in a weekend comp in the middle of winter. There just isn't enough sunlight to fit everyone on the course who want to play.

I'm not even sure whether I'll get in another game myself. Today my scheduled tee time was 11.53, we hit off about 12.10, and finished in the dark. Unless I can get a tee time earlier than 11.30, I'm not going to bother.

The only visitor options are the public holiday, or a weekday open day.

10.34 is our tee time, by the way.

Grunt
1st June 2013, 06:31 PM
See you there Jim. Should get the ozgolfer formerly known as Andrew is on our game.

Peppas
8th June 2013, 08:46 AM
My membership runs out on 30 June. But frankly, there is no chance of getting a visitor a game in a weekend comp in the middle of winter. There just isn't enough sunlight to fit everyone on the course who want to play.

I'm not even sure whether I'll get in another game myself. Today my scheduled tee time was 11.53, we hit off about 12.10, and finished in the dark. Unless I can get a tee time earlier than 11.30, I'm not going to bother.

The only visitor options are the public holiday, or a weekday open day.

10.34 is our tee time, by the way.

Mate I think I will be visiting your course on Friday the 21st if you're interested in another round before the membership runs out? ;)

Grunt
9th June 2013, 03:47 PM
See you there tomorrow, who knows this might be my Pre champs shakedown, it is closer than my last comp game was played.

jimandr
9th June 2013, 09:56 PM
I should be there at about 10, maybe a few minutes later. I have a family crisis occurring right now that I'll tell you about (and maybe even post about if there is an appropriate thread elsewhere). A game of golf will be a good distraction.

Pep, I'm not available Friday, but bring plenty of balls with you. The magic words around Lakeside are "'I'll hit a Provisional', to be used anytime you are off the fairway and can't actually see your ball. The secondary rough can be very deep.

jimandr
10th June 2013, 05:22 PM
For the sake of completion I should post the scores, but with only two of us I doubt there will be much interest among the wider readership.

Jimandr 35
Grunt 25.

Grunt's score goes nowhere near describing his game. It varied between sprayed and lost balls, four-putting greens hit in reg, continual duffs from inside 100, then capped off with a very long putt for birdie on 14 and a chip-in for par on the last. My game was pretty good, amazingly enough.

A bit of steady rain from the 8th onward wasn't enough to stop me from enjoying Grunt's company and also the game.

Grunt
10th June 2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the game Jim as always I provided the consistently inconsistent golf only I can provide.

Peppas
10th June 2013, 07:02 PM
Good stuff guys. Jim I'm also possibly playing there the Sunday after that Friday too... will get back to you on that one if you're interested and there's a spot free?