PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ODI. Australia Vs NZ.

Jarro
7th December 2005, 08:47 AM
will the result be the same as game 1 :?:

will there indeed be a game today, what with Wellingtons crappy weather and all :?:

stay tuned .......

Bruce
7th December 2005, 08:50 AM
Brendon McCullum has described Brett Lee as "clever".

They are doomed.

Jarro
7th December 2005, 08:56 AM
How do you think they'll play Lee today Bruce :?: Will the Kiwis try and see him off, or go the tonk right from the first over :smt017

AndyP
7th December 2005, 09:30 AM
How do you think they'll play Lee today Bruce  :?: Will the Kiwis try and see him off, or go the tonk right from the first over  :smt017
Get some guys in the crowd with good throwing arms, so they can still reach him with bottles, etc from the fourth row.

Bruce
7th December 2005, 09:52 AM
How do you think they'll play Lee today Bruce  :?: Will the Kiwis try and see him off, or go the tonk right from the first over  :smt017

They'll play him like they did on Saturday - Poorly.

And they will "respect" him instead of being "scared".

It is still conceivable that he will send down his usual tripe though and get spanked. A spell without wides and no-balls is unheard of from him, he will struggle to repeat it.

Jarro
7th December 2005, 11:56 AM
Aussies in trouble early ..... 3/51 after 12 overs. Hodge failed again :roll:

AndyP
7th December 2005, 12:48 PM
White out.  Lewis in, as the super sub.
What a farce.  You can't say that White was ever given any opportunities, and now he has been dropped.
4 overs bowled in 4 matches, and hasn't had a bat. Absolute joke.

Bruce
7th December 2005, 01:46 PM
4/208 now

Symo and Golden Boy have put on a century stand.

Jarro
7th December 2005, 02:07 PM
how good is Symonds when he starts going :shock:

Bruce
7th December 2005, 02:24 PM
It's over. Symonds has smashed them for 156 with 8x6s.

Partnership of 220 from 170 balls by Symonds and Clarke. Kiwis have been smashed again. They might lose by 200 runs this time.

Jarro
7th December 2005, 02:27 PM
what an awesome display of hitting by both Symonds and Clarke 8)

Symonds went from 100 runs to 150 in 16 balls :shock: including 3 sixes in a row off Cairns :lol:

322/5 after 50 ..... goodnight NZ, it's all over.

Grunt
7th December 2005, 02:40 PM
Wow went to bed at 4/50 odd and just got up to see the score. Too bad I will miss the kiwi downfall as I am on nightshift tonight.

Jarro
7th December 2005, 02:47 PM
no probs Grunt, you can read about it here tomorrow :wink:

Jarro
7th December 2005, 04:32 PM
gotta love these Kiwi commentators .....

.. they were virtually crying towards the end of the Aussie innings, saying the kiwis had blown it and had no hope of chasing such a huge total ..

.. now, at 1/95 after 15 overs .... you'd swear blind that they were odds on to win the damn game :roll:

gazgolf1
7th December 2005, 07:22 PM
Awesome finish 8) ...Clarkes throw, 3 men in the circle,Mick who????

I might just start watching cricket again. :roll:

Bruce
7th December 2005, 07:35 PM
It is still conceivable that he will send down his usual tripe though and get spanked. A spell without wides and no-balls is unheard of from him, he will struggle to repeat it.

Well whaddaya know. Does anyone seriously want to stand up for this goose of a bowler now?

He is the epitome of the dumb fast bowler. How does he respond by making a mistake and getting hit to the boundary? By making another, dumber mistake. His 10 ball, 20 run last over was a fricken disgrace.

AndyP
7th December 2005, 07:36 PM
Brendon McCullum has described Brett Lee as "clever".
What a strategy! Almost won them the game.

I can see Brett Lee leading our bowling attack for many years to come. Superb!

3oneday
7th December 2005, 07:59 PM
Lewis did well for a debutant I thought 8) pulled them out of the fire and probably saved Brett Lee from a very serious shellacking in the papers tomorrow !!! 90 off 10, reminds me on when that little SriLankan used to take McGrath apart a few years ago, Kaluwitharana or something ???

Pete

Moe Norman
7th December 2005, 09:29 PM
where have all the Lee fans gone?

terryand
7th December 2005, 09:31 PM
where have all the Lee fans gone?

Come Moe just say it...OK I will.

Where has Fishy gone :?

Terry.

BrisWesty
7th December 2005, 10:03 PM
It's over.  Symonds has smashed them for 156 with 8x6s.  

Partnership of 220 from 170 balls by Symonds and Clarke.  Kiwis have been smashed again.  They might lose by 200 runs this time.

Or should that be 2.00?

Jarro
8th December 2005, 06:45 AM
just love the way we string the Kiwis along .... letting them think they might actually have a chance of winning ... only to shatter them with 2 runs to get 8)

we knew what we were doing :wink: ..... didn't we :oops:

Lee's bowling average certainly took a hammering yesterday.

terryand
8th December 2005, 09:40 PM
*BUMP*

Fishy any comments yet http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Been a bit quiet today champ :smt102

Terry.

cazandpaul
9th December 2005, 05:12 AM
I've been a supporter of Brett Lee but he had an absolute brain explosion in his last over - the beamer was an accident (but it cost 5 runs and another ball :oops: ) as it was obvious that the ball was very slippery for a few overs prior but to follow up with a pointless high wide bouncer :shock:

And what was Ponting thinking with the field setting :shock:

It took the cool head of a bloke playing his first ODI to get them home in the end - an excellent last over :D

Awesome batting by Symonds and Clarke - the runout wasn't bad either 8)

BrisWesty
9th December 2005, 06:30 AM
Mr Lee has returned to Australia for sinus surgery.
Was it the NZ batsmen or crowds who got up his nose?