PDA

View Full Version : Found: DG S300 or KBS C Tapers or Modus 3

mackie
25th May 2013, 03:30 PM
Im after some DG s300 or KBS C Tapers in standard length 3-pw or 4-pw

also Nippon Modus 3 :)

in .355 tapers

Let me know if you have anything you want to get rid of.

HCC
25th May 2013, 03:57 PM
Modus 3 TX flex?

mackie
25th May 2013, 04:09 PM
HCC, are these softer then x100's or play pretty similar

Puji
25th May 2013, 05:20 PM
Modus TX's are a BEAST of a shaft.

R,S,X,TX.

It does play a fraction softer than their S300 counterpart IMO.

timah!
25th May 2013, 05:21 PM
Modus TX's are a BEAST of a shaft.

R,S,X,TX.

It does play a fraction softer than their S300 counterpart IMO.

Huh? Softer than s300 but beastly? Explain?

mackie
25th May 2013, 05:23 PM
ok, sounds like an S or X in the modus then, thanks puji

HCC dont think they will be right for me thanks

Puji
25th May 2013, 06:08 PM
Huh? Softer than s300 but beastly? Explain?

Sorry; bad wording on my part.

Modus 3's play a little softer than their stated flex. I.e: a stiff Modus 3 is a bit softer than an S300.

But the TX flex is still a beast of a shaft. It is a Tour X stiff.

HCC
25th May 2013, 06:13 PM
It's not that bad puji. In fact they are very nice feeling shaft. X goes too high and TX with the heavier weights keep the ball flight lower and I could hit down the balls wih more confidence. Modus 3 tip is really really soft.

simmsy
25th May 2013, 06:17 PM
Modus 3 tip soft?
U sure about that

JADO75
25th May 2013, 06:56 PM
Modus 3 120's are softer in the tip compared to Modus 3 130's & S300's

simmsy
25th May 2013, 07:12 PM
don't think so.

the 120's are tip stiff they made the 130's with a softer tip.

simmsy
25th May 2013, 07:13 PM

Unique Development concept designed for control
The benefits of the high quality and consistent performance of our award winning lightweight N.S. PRO 950GH series can now be found in our new series, N.S. PRO Modus³.
We are proud to introduce our newest model in this series, the N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130. The N.S. PRO Modus³ series shafts are popular with touring pros because they offer optimal performance in the three key areas:
• Desired trajectory as a result of the unique structure of a stiff tip section and softer mid section.
• Accurate distances due to the unique raw steel material and accompanying heat treatment.
• Tight dispersion coming from the exacting tolerances of the highest quality level.

MODUS³ TOUR120 RIGIDITY ILLUSTRATIONhttp://www.nipponshaft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NS_2002_Modus3_Tour120_Rigidity_Textured_Chart.png

High tip rigidity strengthens trajectory. The high-rigidity design of the tip steadies impact to help minimize unwanted spin and realize a stronger trajectory.
Low mid-section rigidity controls shaft flex. Low rigidity in the mid section improves shaft control so players with any swing tempo can more easily control their shots.
Low butt rigidity enhances comfort. Low butt rigidity improves swing tempo and contributes to a comfortable, smoother feeling upon impact.

SPECIFICATIONS

simmsy
25th May 2013, 07:14 PM

Unique Development concept designed for control
The benefits of the high quality and consistent performance of our award winning lightweight N.S. PRO 950GH series can now be found in our new series, N.S. PRO Modus³.
We are proud to introduce our newest model in this series, the N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130. The N.S. PRO Modus³ series shafts are popular with touring pros because they offer optimal performance in the three key areas:
• Desired trajectory as a result of the unique structure of a stiff tip section and softer mid section.
• Accurate distances due to the unique raw steel material and accompanying heat treatment.
• Tight dispersion coming from the exacting tolerances of the highest quality level.

MODUS³ TOUR130 RIGIDITY ILLUSTRATIONhttp://nipponshaft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/NS_2002_Modus3_Tour130_Rigidity_Textured_Chart.png

Relatively low tip rigidity for higher trajectory. The relatively low rigidity of the tip contributes to high trajectories and moderate speed. Tour spin specifications help you negotiate tough conditions with high trajectories.
High mid-section rigidity for more powerful shots (patent pending) The high-rigidity design smoothly transfers more of the brute force of your swing, without power loss, while also improving controllability by minimizing shaft wobble.
Low butt rigidity enhances comfort.The increased rigidity of the butt section helps improve the timing of your swing and provide a smoother, softer feeling upon impact.

SPECIFICATIONS

mackie
25th May 2013, 07:15 PM
thanks guys, picked up a set of modus3 x

simmsy
25th May 2013, 07:18 PM
awesome shafts mackie!

best shaft i've used. that stiff tip is awesome for controlling flight.

JADO75
25th May 2013, 07:25 PM
My bad Simmsy, got the 120's & 130's wrong way around. I've had modus 3 120's in the past, best iron shafts I've ever had.

hocko
25th May 2013, 07:31 PM
Modus 3 TX flex?

I may be interested in these.
How much H?

simmsy
25th May 2013, 09:20 PM
Go Hocko!

TheNuclearOne
25th May 2013, 09:27 PM
Take a look at Simmsy go. Those 120's look the goods on close inspection.