PDA

View Full Version : Jaster's January to June 2004 comparison

jaster
26th June 2004, 01:13 PM
Had a bit of time this morning to review the changes I have made to my swing in the last 6 months and found a January Video and thought it would be cool to compare to one me and goughy took 2 weeks ago.

Things I feel I have improved on are: -

1. Quieter lower body through the ball
2. Taller through the shot
3. Nearly swinging back on the same plane instead of coming over the top
4. My ballflight has turned into a nice little draw if I want instead of a fade/slice

Still a few things I am not happy with but without a coach I am pleased with my progress and only if my progress goes stale will I make the leap to get one. The best thing is that the handicap has reduced from 5.8 to 3.6 in this time :)

You'll need windows media player if you wanted to have a look.....Of course 25° compared to 2.5° means the clothing is different :wink:

Large version - 2mb (http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/Jantojuncomparison.wmv)

Small version - 1mb (http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/Jantojuncomparisonsmall.wmv)

amanda
26th June 2004, 01:44 PM
Nice video :D

AndyP
26th June 2004, 01:54 PM
Sorry Jaster, but I am unable to view the video, but that's just a work PC issue.

Glad that you are happy with your improvement, and hopefully it continues, but I hope you aren't expecting to drop 2.2 in the next 6 months. That would be tough.

Quieter lower body through the ball
I get put off when my lower body is noisy, but I believe g69 uses this as a strategy against his opponents. :lol:

Eag's
26th June 2004, 01:57 PM
It looks to me like your old swing was on a steeper plane :?:
Where as you new swing shows much better extension away from the ball.
I bet you used to take deep divots jaster :?: :wink:

jaster
26th June 2004, 01:58 PM
Sorry Jaster, but I am unable to view the video, but that's just a work PC issue.

Glad that you are happy with your improvement, and hopefully it continues, but I hope you aren't expecting to drop 2.2 in the next 6 months. That would be tough.

Quieter lower body through the ball
I get put off when my lower body is noisy, but I believe g69 uses this as a strategy against his opponents. :lol:

Hehe...curry and chilli burgers have that affect on anyone :P

jaster
26th June 2004, 02:05 PM

Tough and realistically my goal is another 1.2 :)

jaster
26th June 2004, 02:07 PM
It looks to me like your old swing was on a steeper plane :?:
Where as you new swing shows much better extension away from the ball.
I bet you used to take deep divots jaster :?: :wink:

Your right, I still am steep but that is my natural swing so I can't really change it without a coach and months of work....just gotta use what I got :)

They call me MR. DIVOT :wink:

Golfgirl
26th June 2004, 04:17 PM
I get put off when my lower body is noisy, but I believe g69 uses this as a strategy against his opponents.

Yuk!!!!! :shock:

Onewood
26th June 2004, 05:01 PM
Looks like there is a bit more wieght moving through the ball :D or is that just the clothing diff. :lol: :lol: nice hat selection 8)

jaster
26th June 2004, 05:31 PM
Looks like there is a bit more wieght moving through the ball :D or is that just the clothing diff. :lol: :lol: nice hat selection 8)

Skivvy, Polo, Wind Vest and Jumper..... :roll: Leave my Tar heels beanie alone 8)

BrisVegas
26th June 2004, 06:19 PM
Not that I can talk, but you are on a much nicer plane now. Good work. 8) Not over the top anymore either. Nice.

That's a cool Carolina Blue beenie... What's your association with the Tar Heel state?

jaster
26th June 2004, 06:35 PM
No association mate...just always have loved number 23 ;)

markTHEblake
26th June 2004, 10:13 PM
i cant tell the difference..... stupid Windows Mediaplayer cant advance it frame by frame, or slow it down.

can you capture the Video as an AVI (divx) instead? then I can open in VirtualDub and do a frame by frame comparison for ya :-)
(i got no idea how to convert a WMV to anything else)

Speirsy11
26th June 2004, 10:38 PM
It seems that the video is playing a mirror imagine of a good swing..... :P

Other then that, it looks good. The lower body is much smoother and quieter in the later vid, and your hands seem more controlled too.....

Better bring that swing next time you're in Sydney, otherwise goodbye $$$ :D

Speirsy11

jaster
26th June 2004, 10:46 PM
HAHA....sure Speirsy :roll: Really scared :wink:

How's this MTB???

DIVX Version 1.8mb (http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/jantojunecomparisondivx.AVI)

gazgolf1
27th June 2004, 05:35 AM
Looks good jaster. 8)

Better weight transfer in the current swing,more width at the start of the downswing and swinging slightly more from the inside to,no wonder you're hitting a draw.Very nice. :D

AndyP
27th June 2004, 07:13 AM
DIVX Version 1.8mb (http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/jantojunecomparisondivx.AVI)

If I download this file, I can at least get the audio on the work PCs.

Sounds good. :? :smt003

jaster
27th June 2004, 07:19 AM
LOL...that's cause you need the DIVX codec :)

Did you like goughy doing the bird sound effects? :wink:

AndyP
27th June 2004, 07:27 AM
Did you like goughy doing the bird sound effects? :wink:

:lol: Yes, that's very clever. Would have been nice to hear an owl hoot though.

markTHEblake
27th June 2004, 02:37 PM
Breaking it down to frame by frame and comparing the two, well the difference well seems not that much. But as we know in golf a small change feels big!.

The things that are noticeable to me are

- left heel starts lifting at the same point, but not as quickly. ie the release of the heel is one frame later in the winter swing.

- you got rid of the old man bent right knee in the follow through.

- still coming over the top just not as much as before.

BTW the winter edition is interlaced to hell so cant see clear image of the club, must have used a different camera or processed the capture different.