PDA

View Full Version : Dust ups on the course

bergsey
19th May 2013, 10:20 PM
Played this morning with a couple of new-ish members at the club, a young guy and a couple of probably 50 ish Irish guys. They were ok to play with, although we had an interesting 17th hole.

One of the Irish guys hit his approach into 17 from about 200m out, as the group in front was walking off the green. Hits it in their direction and calls 'fore'. One of the guys in the group yells back 'c*ckhead' or something similar as the ball nearly hits them.

Anyway get down to the green and the Irish guy goes up to the group in front who had just teed off on the 18th. Asked them what they had called him and one of the guys again says 'you're a c*ckhead mate for hitting, you should have waited until we had got further off the green. Irish guy asks him again what did you call me? the guy says 'c*ckhead'.

All the while i'm busy lining up my putt, next thing i know the Irish guy cracks the other guy in the head, kicks him in the leg, and takes him down to the ground. Was just about to start raining more blows down on him but the other guy pleaded for mercy.

Irish guy walks back calmy, says 'that guy had a big mouth, where i come from if you have a big mouth you better know how to fight'.

I was speechless to say the least, at least my putt went in and doubt i will be seeing that guy again!

Anyone else got a weird story like that?

Yossarian
19th May 2013, 10:26 PM
Holy crap!

Shadesy
19th May 2013, 10:31 PM
Instant banning Bergs?

bergsey
19th May 2013, 10:33 PM
Instant banning Bergs?

Hell yeah he'll be gone... the guy that got hit was a loudmouth sith africun so slightly deserved it. but not while i'm putting ffs!

Pieface
19th May 2013, 10:36 PM
To think I was recommending Jackson sign up there asap!

How did you score on 18 Bergs?

Pieface
19th May 2013, 10:36 PM
ooh...should get a free pass for snotting a Saffer!

Webster
19th May 2013, 10:37 PM
"Political immunity"

bergsey
19th May 2013, 10:38 PM
To think I was recommending Jackson sign up there asap!

How did you score on 18 Bergs?

Birdie ;)

Pieface
19th May 2013, 10:48 PM
Birdie ;)

Wanted to get out of dodge asap eh? :lol:

Cool as a cucumber Bergsey!

Pieface
19th May 2013, 11:03 PM
"Political immunity"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY

Jackson
19th May 2013, 11:30 PM
Should I get lessons in self defence before applying to WAGC?

bergsey
19th May 2013, 11:35 PM
:) put it this way at least there is one more vacancy now ....

Jeffo1123
20th May 2013, 12:01 AM
I think you should take him out with you every week if you nailed the putt and then birdied the last!

Golfnut
20th May 2013, 12:43 AM
Keep this fellow close Bergsey........oh and don't call him a c*ckhead, at least not to his face.

Slightly OT but would the gent in question get his membership fees back (prorata of course)?

idgolfguy
20th May 2013, 12:46 AM
With all those witnesses, Police case?

Golfnut
20th May 2013, 12:50 AM
Up to the Saffer I'd say.

mrbluu
20th May 2013, 08:30 AM
I didn't see but there was the infamous incident where Terry Lamb punch the shit out of another member. The other guy was and still is a ****!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/terry-lamb-king-hit-me/story-e6freuzi-1111113393410

matty
20th May 2013, 08:37 AM
I was outraged until I read the victim was South Efrican.

AndyP
20th May 2013, 08:47 AM
I'm surprised that some of the wankers on this forum haven't been decked by someone on the golf course.

bergsey
20th May 2013, 09:25 AM
With all those witnesses, Police case? I would think very strong case. The other guy didn't fight back at all. Have seen worse in the school yard but definitely not on a golf course

Eag's
20th May 2013, 09:32 AM
I'm surprised that some of the wankers on this forum haven't been decked by someone on the golf course.

+1

LarryLong
20th May 2013, 09:39 AM
Now I'm really glad I didn't call Muldude a cockhead when he rolled one past me while I was putting at the vic champs last year. :)

Bergsey, were you tempted to say "Thanks for the game, cockhead" when you shook hands on the 18th?

Ferrins
20th May 2013, 09:44 AM
I'm surprised that some of the wankers on this forum haven't been decked by someone on the golf course. That's because they're good at running away.

Shadesy
20th May 2013, 09:59 AM
Keep this fellow close Bergsey........oh and don't call him a c*ckhead, at least not to his face.

Slightly OT but would the gent in question get his membership fees back (prorata of course)?

Classic Golfnut

Golfnut
20th May 2013, 10:04 AM
Classic Golfnut Shame you were the only one to get it ;)

simmsy
20th May 2013, 10:06 AM
Just read it nut. Fine work indeed mate. ;)

Yossarian
20th May 2013, 10:13 AM

I've got some serious cage fighting skills that keep me pretty safe.

Bruce
20th May 2013, 10:17 AM
So when the dust settles on this and he's blown his membership and likely a chance at memberships elsewhere, the likely court case etc. - will he look back and think "that was worth it - he totally had it coming and the thousands of dollars (at least) it has cost me is better than him getting away with calling me a cockhead when I did the wrong thing".

Dotty
20th May 2013, 10:19 AM
I've got some serious cage fighting skills that keep me pretty safe.
I pictured you more as the bloke that shutdown the ice hockey brawl at the end of Slapshot.

Marto65
20th May 2013, 10:20 AM
Maybe the golf club needs to get an architect in to make the travel from the 17th green to the 18th tee safer? (Mike .. what colour is the sarcasm font?)

Iain
20th May 2013, 10:43 AM
So when the dust settles on this and he's blown his membership and likely a chance at memberships elsewhere, the likely court case etc. - will he look back and think "that was worth it - he totally had it coming and the thousands of dollars (at least) it has cost me is better than him getting away with calling me a cockhead when I did the wrong thing".

That's what I thought Bruce, he's hit up on a group and then took offense when they called him out on it. What a tool. (or cockhead)

Lagerlover
20th May 2013, 11:18 AM
Bit harsh there Bruce and Iain,

If I read the OP correctly, the snotter was called a "c*ckhead", much worse than a "cockhead"...

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2013, 11:33 AM
Not that I condone it, but I have always been taught, if you open your mouth, be prepared to back it up.

Monsta
20th May 2013, 11:42 AM
Beware the Irish

Eldrick
20th May 2013, 11:46 AM
he should have gone with Bellend

Monsta
20th May 2013, 11:48 AM
At least he didnt call him a WAnker, that would be grounds for beating him to death.........

Yossarian
20th May 2013, 11:58 AM
I pictured you more as the bloke that shutdown the ice hockey brawl at the end of Slapshot.

I am going to have to download this now.

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2013, 12:07 PM
I am going to have to download this now. One of the best sport movies, ever!

TheNuclearOne
20th May 2013, 04:57 PM
The guy hit up on could have let him know he wasn't happy without calling him a whatever. The Irishman could have told him he would catch him up after the game or something. If he agree's he gets to punch the shit out of him and if he won't front up he gets to call him a coward. Taking to him right there was going to be lose lose i'd say. Would have loved to have seen it tho lmao

popper81
21st May 2013, 12:20 AM
I posted this story when it happened, but can't find it now... Anyway here goes.

Playing on Saturday with the club pro, trainee pro and and another member ( big kiwi lad, runs a concreting crew, in his 50's, great lad but don't mess with him ;) )... Arrive on the tee of the 5th, look across a creek, and see that a couple of boys having a few words on the next fairway, but they are mates. We think nothing much of it and keeping chatting.

As I pull a club I look up and realise that they are actually having a bit of a tiff. Player A is in the midst of grabbing B's bag off the cart and throws it in the creek. They are playing in a three, and the other guy is walking, and a fair bit up the fairway.

Anyway, B is not happy and the punches start flying.... Three of us run over, it is about 70 m and the boys are right into. We get there, and they won't stop, both covered in claret, and smashed pretty good.... I am trying to hold the aggressive one with the club pro and we really aren't doing well at it. Anyway the big kiwi lad finally arrives and growls " hey bro, you want to ****ing stop this shit now... If I get blood on this shirt, you will both be ****ed!" They stop dead in their tracks.

They both step away and go to name calling etc. A's right eye is already closing over,and B is covered in blood and spitting it everywhere.

B finally just walks off, and A wants to keep playing.... Mad bastard.

It was truly one of the best fights I have seen.. Great work. The fact they were both wankers was even better.

sms316
21st May 2013, 07:12 AM
What kind of bogan clubs do you lot play at?

backintheswing
21st May 2013, 07:37 AM
I posted this story when it happened, but can't find it now... Anyway here goes.

Playing on Saturday with the club pro, trainee pro and and another member ( big kiwi lad, runs a concreting crew, in his 50's, great lad but don't mess with him ;) )... Arrive on the tee of the 5th, look across a creek, and see that a couple of boys having a few words on the next fairway, but they are mates. We think nothing much of it and keeping chatting.

As I pull a club I look up and realise they are actually having a bit of a tiff. Player A is in the midst of grabbing B's bag off the cart and throws it in the creek. They are playing in a three, and the other guy is walking and a fair bit up the fairway.

Anyway, B is not happy and the punches start flying.... Three of us run over, it is about 70 m and the boys are right into. We get there, and they won't stop, both covered on claret, and smashed pretty good.... I am trying to hold the aggressive one with the club pro and we really aren't doing well at it. Anyway the big kiwi lad finally arrives and growls " hey bro, you want to ****ing stop this shit now... I get blood this shirt, you will both be ****ed!" They stop dead in there tracks.

They both step away and go to name calling etc. A's right eye is already closing over,and B is covered in blood and spitting it everywhere.

B finally just walks off, and A wants to keep playing.... Mad bastard.

It was truly one of the best fights I have seen.. Great work. The fact they were both wankers was even better.

Was the club pro Bunger? That would have been funny to see. You and Bunger breaking it up.

popper81
21st May 2013, 08:07 AM
Was the club pro Bunger? That would have been funny to see. You and Bunger breaking it up.

Yeah, it was. Bunga is a strong bugger too. Not too mention the trainee is 6ft+ and about 110kg... It was funny it took the big fella to make them listen. Like I said, great fight.

mrbluu
21st May 2013, 08:12 AM

Not a bogan club mate, but we are bogan friendly so you are welcome there anytime you want :lol:.

popper81
21st May 2013, 08:47 AM

Going by what I have witnessed at PW when I have played in the past, you would fit right in.

Marto65
21st May 2013, 08:51 AM
Going by what I have witnessed at PW when I have played in the past, you would fit right in. To be fair ... most of them were Ozgolfers ... except that wedding, where they had the black Labrador for a groomsman.

Jerrymoo
21st May 2013, 10:47 AM
Irish guy cracks the other guy in the head, kicks him in the leg, and takes him down to the ground...

Yelling profanities at another group, pretty bad... but beating a guy down on the golf course, WTF?

They booting the Irish fella out of the club?

mike
21st May 2013, 11:06 AM
(Mike .. what colour is the sarcasm font?) Pink from memory.