PDA

View Full Version : WA: WA Champs - Gavin Simms Memorial Cup 2013 - Official Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

G.K
5th October 2013, 06:58 PM
I can report that my 19 is appropriate. Finished with 96/77. Was tough going today towards the end. We were absolutely soaked by the time we walked of 18.

Now I'm off to post in the full retard thread.........:cry:

simmsy
5th October 2013, 08:11 PM
I heard rumblings that u are a bandit that threw the anchor.
Something along the lines of birdie on the 1st
Sq with card after 6 then realisation that u need to steady up.

simmsy
5th October 2013, 08:12 PM
I fear my fate is sadly, once again sealed. :(

Ashes
5th October 2013, 08:13 PM
I heard rumblings that u are a bandit that threw the anchor.
Something along the lines of birdie on the 1st
Sq with card after 6 then realisation that u need to steady up.

I did mention to him that the 7th was a little early to pull the parachute. Was seriously good golf early on GK's behalf.

G.K
5th October 2013, 08:27 PM
Don't be so sure......

There was certainly no sandbags deployed today. Your tally of events is partially correct. Yes, I did birdie the first however I think I was +2 after 6.

7, which was my undoing, involved me having to run (or probably more appropriately wobble) my way 160 odd metres back up the fairway to take a drop when I couldn't find my ball after my second shot. For someone who is in such peak physical condition such as my self, this was not something that I would have done by choice I promise you. After dropping 7 shots on this hole, normal programming resumed and I went back to my usual bogey golf, albeit a little out of breath and much sweatier!

G.K
5th October 2013, 08:30 PM
I should also mention, there was not even a hint of a jug from Ashes today!

simmsy
5th October 2013, 08:59 PM
He's saving them up :)

Shortylook
5th October 2013, 09:01 PM
Handicap has gone to 22. I didn't realize your best scores drop off your games played list. My magnificent 88 is now gone. Probably never to return. Sad times ahead for me I think.

Ashes
6th October 2013, 02:31 PM
Using a Random sequence Generator (random.org) and assigning numbers to Players, I have come up with the Saturday Groups. The Universe is sometimes a cruel but funny beast The First Number picked.... Ashes!!!
Group 1 (8am) Ashes Tiger Nuffie

Group 2 (8.10) Johnny Canuck Jackson Mububban Leftyhoges

Group 3 (8.20am) The Wandering Ministrel Idgolfguy NK simmsy

Group 4 (8.30am) Hocko Shadesy tommyg Yossarian

Group 5 (8.40am) Bergsey Shortylook G.K SMS316

Sunday Draw will be Seeded and announced Saturday Night. I'll update the OP when I can.

Thanks to nearly everyone who has sent there payments through. Still waiting on a few most have come through. Thanks again.

Seems to be a bit of interest in whether I can make it past the ladies tees.

To make it interesting, for a $1pp donation to the tin, I'm happy for any of the ozgolfers attending to shout/jeer/sledge etc whilst I'm teeing off on the 1st.

If I get it away past the ladies, you can all double up and put in $2.

If I don't, I'll put in $20 to the kitty.

Johnny Canuck
6th October 2013, 02:33 PM
Seems to be a bit of interest in whether I can make it past the ladies tees.

To make it interesting, for a $1pp donation to the tin, I'm happy for any of the ozgolfers attending to shout/jeer/sledge etc whilst I'm teeing off on the 1st.

If I get it away past the ladies, you can all double up and put in $2.

If I don't, I'll put in $20 to the kitty.

Make it for all the tees on the day.

Ashes
6th October 2013, 02:36 PM
Make it for all the tees on the day.

I can't afford that.

sms316
6th October 2013, 02:46 PM
Seems to be a bit of interest in whether I can make it past the ladies tees.To make it interesting, for a $1pp donation to the tin, I'm happy for any of the ozgolfers attending to shout/jeer/sledge etc whilst I'm teeing off on the 1st.If I get it away past the ladies, you can all double up and put in $2.If I don't, I'll put in $20 to the kitty. I'll put in a tenner if you have a slut on the first. It will be quality entertainment.

Shadesy
6th October 2013, 03:49 PM
I accidentally couldn't find the extra point to get me to 9 yesterday... 9.5 it is.

Ashes
6th October 2013, 03:57 PM
At least you weren't stupid enough to find your way to a new low..

simmsy
6th October 2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah fwd planning never been your strong play has it Ashes.

LeftyHoges
7th October 2013, 04:33 AM
Not gonna get the chance to play the one required game to get out to 3 for this. Could mean the difference between winning or losing / maxibon shirt or no maxibon shirt.

simmsy
7th October 2013, 09:55 AM
I feel nukbet will still have u on the top line of betting lefty.

LeftyHoges
7th October 2013, 10:17 AM
I feel nukbet will still have u on the top line of betting lefty.

The punters will be advised to stay well away from this little filly.

sms316
7th October 2013, 10:32 AM
I feel nukbet will still have u on the top line of betting lefty. Second line. dc68 fills the top line.

Johnny Canuck
7th October 2013, 10:42 AM
Not gonna get the chance to play the one required game to get out to 3 for this. Could mean the difference between winning or losing / maxibon shirt or no maxibon shirt. The sandbagging efforts of the Easties has been noted.

LeftyHoges
7th October 2013, 11:00 AM
The sandbagging efforts of the Easties has been noted.

To be fair you can't include me in this as I was off 3 as of Saturday last week. So I've actually dropped back down and should thusly be rewarded for my honesty and non-sandbaginess with at least 1 extra shot per round, maybe 2.

sms316
7th October 2013, 11:19 AM
The sandbagging efforts of the Easties has been noted. Only the north east have had any success.

The Wandering Minsterel
8th October 2013, 01:40 PM
Looking good for the GSM - Club ready on Sunday, handicap looks locked in at 9. Now to choose the beer...

Johnny Canuck
8th October 2013, 01:50 PM
Looking good for the GSM - Club ready on Sunday, handicap looks locked in at 9. Now to choose the beer... They will be ready on Sunday or they were ready this past Sunday.

The Wandering Minsterel
8th October 2013, 02:13 PM
They will be ready on Sunday or they were ready this past Sunday.

Ready this coming Sunday.

simmsy
8th October 2013, 03:19 PM
Relying on the honeymoon factor hey.

simmsy
8th October 2013, 03:21 PM
Looking good for the GSM - Club ready on Sunday, handicap looks locked in at 9. Now to choose the beer...

And work on your post count perhaps. ;)

Johnny Canuck
8th October 2013, 03:27 PM
Ready this coming Sunday. Be ready to drive to Jeep at 630am the Friday morning of champs ;)

sms316
8th October 2013, 03:30 PM
Is there a person in every group who has Gamebook on their mobile?

simmsy
8th October 2013, 03:32 PM
Does game book work properly these days?

Was unreliable as **** previously.

Ashes
8th October 2013, 03:35 PM

Can gamebook keep track of jugs?

simmsy
8th October 2013, 03:37 PM
Yes

LeftyHoges
8th October 2013, 03:38 PM
Worked fairly solidly for us at VIC Champs earlier this year.

sms316
8th October 2013, 03:39 PM
Does game book work properly these days?Was unreliable as **** previously. It works fine mate. We use it at my club every week.

LeftyHoges
8th October 2013, 03:39 PM
It works fine mate. We use it at my club every week.

It's main fault is usually operator error.

sms316
8th October 2013, 03:41 PM
It's main fault is usually operator error. I suspect that PEBKAC is rife in WA.

idgolfguy
8th October 2013, 03:44 PM

Just installing it on my iPhone.

LeftyHoges
8th October 2013, 03:44 PM
I suspect that PEBKAC is rife in WA.

I concur.

Mububban
8th October 2013, 03:52 PM
After it being "one day" for so long, just realised this event is next weekend. I've been hitting it fairly well lately but I'm quietly shitting myself about the courses. Can't wait to see some different/nicer/harder courses.

Better pull out all those shiny new golf balls and start marking them. Possibly with GPS trackers....

Shadesy
8th October 2013, 03:52 PM
Terrible app. Deleted it.

Will reinstall.

sms316
8th October 2013, 04:01 PM
The only way that Gamebook will work properly is if one person sets up the event (I nominate me) and then passes on the join code to one person from each group.

Then there should be no stuff ups from there.

Easy?

Ashes
8th October 2013, 04:02 PM
The only way that Gamebook will work properly is if one person sets up the event (I nominate me) and then passes on the join code to one person from each group.

Easy?

Sounds complicated.

The Wandering Minsterel
8th October 2013, 04:04 PM
Be ready to drive to Jeep at 630am the Friday morning of champs ;)

I have every faith.....What else can I say!

sms316
8th October 2013, 04:05 PM
Sounds complicated.
I think that is more of a reflection on you than the app.

:lol:

rubin
8th October 2013, 04:09 PM
Does game book work properly these days?Was unreliable as **** previously.
The only way that Gamebook will work properly is if one person sets up the event (I nominate me) and then passes on the join code to one person from each group.Then there should be no stuff ups from there. Easy?Its simple and easy to use, provided that the person/people remember to update it with the scores.

The Wandering Minsterel
8th October 2013, 04:13 PM
You mean, after a lot of ceremony you are stil F***__d.:lol:

simmsy
8th October 2013, 04:33 PM
Its simple and easy to use, provided that the person/people remember to update it with the scores.

Profound statement Rubin.
Is this why Lloyd's want you in London?

Or are u just their whippin' boy?

idgolfguy
8th October 2013, 04:49 PM

Easy?
That is the plan!

Ashes
8th October 2013, 04:50 PM

They want him; hog tied and hanging from a ceiling.

sms316
8th October 2013, 04:51 PM
That is the plan!
Good stuff Vic. One person from each group is then responsible for adding each group (with handicaps) and then doing the scoring.

It isn't rocket science.

rubin
8th October 2013, 04:52 PM

I am full of knowledge and wisdom.

But i'm nobody's whipping boy.

sms316
8th October 2013, 04:59 PM
But i'm nobody's whipping boy. That's not what Yoss says.

rubin
8th October 2013, 05:04 PM
That's not what Yoss says.

you misheard then.

I'm a giver - not a taker.

MegaWatty
8th October 2013, 07:56 PM
Gamebook works but should use portrait rather than landscape mode (if this has been changed and I've missed it then ignore this). Apart from that all OK

PS. Can't wait to catch up with JC and Simmsy next Tuesday. Should be a great day. Clubs are ready to travel!

Johnny Canuck
8th October 2013, 08:04 PM
Gamebook works but should use portrait rather than landscape mode (if this has been changed and I've missed it then ignore this). Apart from that all OKPS. Can't wait to catch up with JC and Simmsy next Tuesday. Should be a great day. Clubs are ready to travel! Coqhead

MegaWatty
8th October 2013, 08:04 PM
Also, adding two grey bars down the sides does not make an app iPhone 5 screen capable. It's just plain lazy!

Johnny Canuck
8th October 2013, 08:19 PM
Grey bars? Hello Rubes?

hocko
8th October 2013, 08:23 PM
Gamebook works but should use portrait rather than landscape mode (if this has been changed and I've missed it then ignore this). Apart from that all OK

PS. Can't wait to catch up with JC and Simmsy next Tuesday. Should be a great day. Clubs are ready to travel!

Funny ;)

MegaWatty
8th October 2013, 08:24 PM
Funny ;)

;)

hocko
8th October 2013, 08:25 PM
You got me!
I texted him as soon as I read it.

MegaWatty
8th October 2013, 08:39 PM
You got me!
I texted him as soon as I read it.

Hahahaha. Sorry mate. Kinda. :p

sms316
9th October 2013, 02:48 PM
Just need someone in Group 1 to have Gamebook installed and we will have live scoring. Of course, looking at who is in that group we might have a problem. Designated Gamebook scorers in bold.

Group 1 (8am) Ashes Tiger Nuffie

Group 2 (8.10) Johnny Canuck Jackson Mububban Leftyhoges

Group 3 (8.20am) The Wandering Ministrel Idgolfguy NK simmsy

Group 4 (8.30am) Hocko Shadesy tommyg Yossarian

Group 5 (8.40am) Bergsey Shortylook G.K SMS316

idgolfguy
9th October 2013, 02:53 PM
Nuffie has an iPhone but not tech literate.

Ashes
9th October 2013, 02:56 PM
Have iPhone and can do it

Shadesy
9th October 2013, 02:59 PM
Nuffie has an iPhone but not tech literate.

There's some things they just don't teach in schools.

sms316
9th October 2013, 03:02 PM
Have iPhone and can do it Good stuff.

Johnny Canuck
9th October 2013, 04:35 PM
There's some things they just don't teach in schools.

Gold

Yossarian
9th October 2013, 05:05 PM
Have iPhone and can do it

I have a galazy Garaxy a Galaxy.

Jackson
9th October 2013, 06:07 PM
My girlfriend has pledged a $35 donation for every birdie I can manage over the weekend.

What's everyone's view on cheating if it's for a good cause?

Johnny Canuck
9th October 2013, 06:15 PM
My girlfriend has pledged a $35 donation for every birdie I can manage over the weekend.

What's everyone's view on cheating if it's for a good cause?

Different area code, not cheating.

sms316
9th October 2013, 06:18 PM
Different area code, not cheating. If it is your dog?

Johnny Canuck
9th October 2013, 06:19 PM
If it is your dog?

Woof, woof, woof.

sms316
9th October 2013, 06:26 PM
In precisely 7 days I plan on being 3 parts cut and taxiing out onto the tarmac at Brisbane airport. Bring it on.

bergsey
9th October 2013, 11:16 PM
I'm sitting in a bar in Singapore paying $16 a pint doing the same thing....

Shortylook
9th October 2013, 11:34 PM
After it being "one day" for so long, just realised this event is next weekend. I've been hitting it fairly well lately but I'm quietly shitting myself about the courses. Can't wait to see some different/nicer/harder courses.

Better pull out all those shiny new golf balls and start marking them. Possibly with GPS trackers....
+1 mate I'm shitting too,what makes it worse is everyone saying it won't matter what you shoot. I've been practicing that much and my my game if forked. I'm a bit nervous. I'll probably say next year that I'll play and get told, oh sorry yea,but we can't fit anyone else in, but thanks for asking. :oops:

Ashes
9th October 2013, 11:37 PM
I can't get it past the ladies tees and they still let me play. I wouldn't stress.

Shortylook
9th October 2013, 11:37 PM

Easy?
Good on ya SMS, your first can is on me mate

LeftyHoges
9th October 2013, 11:43 PM
+1 mate I'm shitting too,what makes it worse is everyone saying it won't matter what you shoot. I've been practicing that much and my my game if forked. I'm a bit nervous. I'll probably say next year that I'll play and get told, oh sorry yea,but we can't fit anyone else in, but thanks for asking. :oops:

Not sure if you've heard mate but last year I was off 4 and had 91 off the bat and they're letting me back. You'll be fine.

simmsy
9th October 2013, 11:50 PM
Only cause we know your a lock for the outfit on Sunday.

LeftyHoges
9th October 2013, 11:56 PM
Only cause we know your a lock for the outfit on Sunday.

Confidence is king.

simmsy
10th October 2013, 12:13 AM
I know.

****in Ashes is telling me every ****in day how good he is. He makes Mundine look like a shy little kid.

LeftyHoges
10th October 2013, 12:15 AM
I know.

****in Ashes is telling me every ****in day how good he is. He makes Mundine look like a shy little kid.

:lol:

Pisser.

hocko
10th October 2013, 08:50 AM
Not sure if you've heard mate but last year I was off 4 and had 91 off the bat and they're letting me back. You'll be fine.

And I had 23 points at the cut on the second day after leading the first day a couple of years ago!
Ashes had 9 points or something in the Summer Cup this year, he's still playing.
It just golf,booze and raffs mate, scores are secondary ;)

Ashes
10th October 2013, 08:54 AM
I know.

Same approach I took into the Summer Cup. You'd think I'd learn...

MegaWatty
10th October 2013, 11:04 AM
I'm sitting in a bar in Singapore paying $16 a pint doing the same thing....

I think no one has commented on this because it's no different to the price of a beer in Perth.

Mububban
10th October 2013, 12:08 PM
Perth Monopoly - "Treat yourself to a pub counter meal and a pint. Pay the bank $60."

+1 mate I'm shitting too,what makes it worse is everyone saying it won't matter what you shoot. I've been practicing that much and my my game if forked. I'm a bit nervous. I'll probably say next year that I'll play and get told, oh sorry yea,but we can't fit anyone else in, but thanks for asking.
Knowing my game, over the course of 3.5 rounds I'll hit some lovely drives, hit the greens with some lovely wedge shots, and sink a few good putts. But I'll also slice a drive onto the next fairway, thin the ball at rabbit-killing height, hit short-right on par 3s, chunk some chips that'll travel 20% the distance I'd planned, take 2-4 shots to get out of a bunker, and have multiple 3 putts. Meh. Live for the good shots :)

sms316
10th October 2013, 12:26 PM
+1 mate I'm shitting too,what makes it worse is everyone saying it won't matter what you shoot. I've been practicing that much and my my game if forked. I'm a bit nervous. I'll probably say next year that I'll play and get told, oh sorry yea,but we can't fit anyone else in, but thanks for asking. :oops:Don't worry about it Shortwah. Everybody in your group will be really supportive and won't sledge you at all. Maybe.

Pieface
10th October 2013, 12:34 PM
The person most likely to sledge Shorty on Friday is his team-mate.

Shadesy
10th October 2013, 12:46 PM
The person most likely to sledge Shorty on Friday is his team-mate.

Nah he'll have the grumps on by the third hole...

Yossarian
10th October 2013, 03:22 PM
I'm out.

sms316
10th October 2013, 03:26 PM
I'm out. And proud?

Yossarian
10th October 2013, 05:48 PM
Not proud of my late withdrawal.

Jackson
10th October 2013, 06:17 PM
Was it fear of playing against me on the friday that has caused the withdrawal?

G.K
10th October 2013, 06:27 PM
You know you can end up in all sorts of trouble if you have a late withdrawal.

simmsy
10th October 2013, 06:57 PM
Just ask pieface

Shadesy
10th October 2013, 06:57 PM
You know you can end up in all sorts of trouble if you have a late withdrawal.

Now You tell me!!

TourFit
10th October 2013, 07:03 PM
Most absurd advice EVER...

"at the point of ejaculation, withdraw!" WTF? At that point, there is very little that'll make my arse move in a backwards direction.

G.K
10th October 2013, 07:19 PM

"at the point of ejaculation, withdraw!" WTF? At that point, there is very little that'll make my arse move in a backwards direction.

Ah........

No. I'll just let that one through to the keeper.

simmsy
10th October 2013, 08:03 PM
Letting it go through to the keeper is the problem.

Mububban
10th October 2013, 11:29 PM

Everyone loves Billy Connolly :)

But boo to late withdrawals!!! Are we going to have to do the double points idea to balance out the now odd numbers?

Yossarian
11th October 2013, 01:06 PM
:twisted:

Yossarian
11th October 2013, 05:12 PM
My only advice to all the newbies is just watch where your ball goes off the tee and around the course. I had/have a bad tendency to look away when I hit a particularly bad shot. At the courses we are playing it pays to keep an eye out as balls can disappear all too easily.

xoxo

sms316
11th October 2013, 05:15 PM
My only advice to all the newbies is just watch where your ball goes off the tee and around the course. I had/have a bad tendency to look away when I hit a particularly bad shot. At the courses we are playing it pays to keep an eye out as balls can disappear all too easily.

xoxo
Except for Shadesy.

Yossarian
11th October 2013, 05:23 PM
:twisted:

Mububban
11th October 2013, 05:27 PM

xoxo

This gets me all the time, if I'm really disgusted with my shot I look away too. Couple this with bad long range vision and many a ball has been lost.

G.K
11th October 2013, 05:33 PM

xoxo

Yoss,

From your past experiences, what is the best way to stop balls disappearing once you have your back turned on them?

simmsy
11th October 2013, 05:36 PM
Rubin should be the direction of this question.

idgolfguy
11th October 2013, 05:37 PM
Yoss,
From your past experiences, what is the best way to stop balls disappearing once you have your back turned on them?
Keeping your pants on!

I'm not Yoss.

Johnny Canuck
11th October 2013, 05:58 PM
Rubin should be the direction of this question.

Or at least his chin.

TourFit
11th October 2013, 10:05 PM
simmsy will give this question the cold shoulder...

bergsey
13th October 2013, 02:27 AM
I miss Yoss is he still coming? May need to check the lubin thread

The Wandering Minsterel
14th October 2013, 12:47 AM
I have every faith.....What else can I say!

Well new TourFit irons are in the bag and ready for the weekend. Now to pick up a couple of boxes of balls.

Thanks TourFit they look awesome.

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2013, 12:59 AM
Well new TourFit irons are in the bag and ready for the weekend. Now to pick up a couple of boxes of balls.

Just finished now at 10pm?

hocko
14th October 2013, 08:47 AM
A wet weekend is forecast gents.
Weather wise that is.

sms316
14th October 2013, 08:52 AM
I am disappoint.

TourFit
14th October 2013, 10:13 AM

Ur Welcome! Armed and dangerous now...and returning to the scene of your greatest victory (see avatar). If you were playing Sunday I might have put some dorras on you.

Just finished now at 10pm?

Completed early!

hocko
14th October 2013, 10:19 AM
Do you take a photo of every set of clubs you assemble?

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2013, 10:27 AM

Only the ones he completes early.

That is the first photo in the album.

The Wandering Minsterel
14th October 2013, 10:33 AM
Only the ones he completes early.

That is the first photo in the album.

At least TF will have a presence this weekend.

Marto65
14th October 2013, 10:34 AM
Does he glue the photos into the album?

TourFit
14th October 2013, 10:57 AM
...sigh...

No wonder I'm not coming to Champs!

Yossarian
14th October 2013, 11:02 AM
Cause your clubs aren't glued?

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2013, 11:17 AM
Cause your clubs aren't glued?

The group in front of TWM has decided to wear helmets this year.

Mububban
14th October 2013, 01:50 PM
If, like me and Jackson (?), you're a golfing newbie and have never seen these courses, here are some videos to get us excited and petrified :) The Cut looks beautiful, until the eye wanders off the fairways and over the scrub that will likely eat at least 10 of my golf balls!

The Cut - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMcnAHaGNA

Secret Harbour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDxGdVCADFs

Can't wait :)

TourFit
14th October 2013, 01:59 PM

Do you miss putts with every putter you buy?

LeftyHoges
14th October 2013, 02:47 PM
Meadow Springs does not have a course guide on their website. WTF!? How the hell are we supposed to know where to hit it?

Monsta
14th October 2013, 02:50 PM
Meadow Springs does not have a course guide on their website. WTF!? How the hell are we supposed to know where to hit it?

Down the middle on the fairway......................

LeftyHoges
14th October 2013, 02:51 PM

Nope, I've been fooled by that before. :lol:

idgolfguy
14th October 2013, 02:53 PM
Too obvious.

Marto65
14th October 2013, 02:53 PM
Google Earth?

LeftyHoges
14th October 2013, 02:54 PM
Google Earth?

I think it's what I'm gonna have to resort to. Pretty poor form.

idgolfguy
14th October 2013, 02:58 PM
What about Golfshot?

rubin
14th October 2013, 03:01 PM
in all seriousness, middle of the fairway is the play for meadows.

LeftyHoges
14th October 2013, 03:02 PM
What about Golfshot?

Hmmm, thought I had bought that but it seems not.

Anyone have am iTunes account I can borrow for a few days? :lol:

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2013, 03:07 PM

As opposed to deep kack? Great statement there, Rubes.

rubin
14th October 2013, 03:10 PM
As opposed to deep kack? Great statement there, Rubes.

well its not a KB course, where middle of the fairway + run means your in the shit.

aim middle, hit middle, done.

There's a reason why my best rounds have always been there.

simmsy
14th October 2013, 03:11 PM

In all seriousness you are a ****in genius.

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2013, 03:13 PM
well its not a KB course, where middle of the fairway + run means your in the shit.

aim middle, hit middle, done.

There's a reason why my best rounds have always been there.

For a guy off 3, if he is not too hungover, he would benefit from angles into pins.

When have you ever aimed middle and hit middle without involving parallel fairways?

sms316
14th October 2013, 03:27 PM
For a guy off 3, if he is not too hungover, he would benefit from angles into pins. When have you ever aimed middle and hit middle without involving parallel fairways? Parallel universe more like it.

TourFit
14th October 2013, 03:28 PM
He usually lives in a parallel universe though. So parallel fairways are not that big a deal.

*schaughn beat me by this much...

LeftyHoges
14th October 2013, 03:32 PM
For a guy off 3, if he is not too hungover, he would benefit from angles into pins.

When have you ever aimed middle and hit middle without involving parallel fairways?

That's a requirement?

Shit.

sms316
14th October 2013, 03:33 PM
Under what circumstances would it be likely that a guy off 20 or so like Lubin would have a similar strategy for a course as a 2 marker?

TourFit
14th October 2013, 03:35 PM
He and lefty will both be searchin' for balls right?

sms316
14th October 2013, 03:36 PM
He and lefty will both be searchin' for balls right? One will be looking for balls right and the other will be looking for balls, right?

TourFit
14th October 2013, 03:38 PM
Anyway...I was thinking (potentially) that I might be able to get to Meadow Springs on Sunday.

I know that TWM isn't available for the Sunday round, so it shouldn't stuff up the groupings any. Obviously being seeded groups, I'd probably be first off (unless special concession could be given due to the 1hr+ drive I'd have to do).

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2013, 03:43 PM
One will be looking for balls right and the other will be looking for balls, right?

Awesome.

Marto65
14th October 2013, 03:53 PM
Has anyone ever gotten high from sniffing Tourfits clubs? :)

Mububban
14th October 2013, 04:02 PM

TourFit
14th October 2013, 05:15 PM
Has anyone ever gotten high from sniffing Tourfits clubs? :)

Huh? What have you been sniffin' today?

rubin
14th October 2013, 06:03 PM
http://www.golfselect.com.au/armchair/courseView.aspx?course_id=10

F (http://www.golfselect.com.au/armchair/courseView.aspx?course_id=10)or Lefty - about 2/3rds of the way down.

Not a full course guide, but helpful hints? (without me reading through it).

simmsy
14th October 2013, 06:38 PM
does it say middle of fairway?

rubin
14th October 2013, 06:51 PM
does it say middle of fairway?

http://www.golfselect.com.au/armchair/courseView.aspx?course_id=10

F (http://www.golfselect.com.au/armchair/courseView.aspx?course_id=10)or Lefty - about 2/3rds of the way down.

Not a full course guide, but helpful hints? (without me reading through it).

u tell me

Shadesy
14th October 2013, 07:25 PM
Anyway...I was thinking (potentially) that I might be able to get to Meadow Springs on Sunday. I know that TWM isn't available for the Sunday round, so it shouldn't stuff up the groupings any. Obviously being seeded groups, I'd probably be first off (unless special concession could be given due to the 1hr+ drive I'd have to do).

You're in for Sunday but what's this about TWM?

simmsy
14th October 2013, 09:15 PM
What?

So TWM isn't in on Sunday?

TourFit
14th October 2013, 09:27 PM
Woops! He told me yesterday when he picked up his clubs.

Don't be upset. He may well have won it otherwise!!

The Wandering Minsterel
15th October 2013, 10:48 AM
The group in front of TWM has decided to wear helmets this year.

Ok, you are in luck I tried the new clubs last night and all the grips stayed on :)

hocko
15th October 2013, 11:12 AM
Ok, you are in luck I tried the new clubs last night and all the grips stayed on :)
It's not the grips we are worried about!

The Wandering Minsterel
15th October 2013, 12:26 PM
What?

So TWM isn't in on Sunday?

Yes, I have to be back in Perth by 1230 on Sunday, by then I will need detox anyway.

tommyg
15th October 2013, 06:34 PM
I'm out boys. See " pulling a Tourfit" thread

rubin
15th October 2013, 06:36 PM
I'm out boys. See " pulling a Tourfit" thread

sorry to hear mate - but i don't really want to see anyone 'pulling tourfit'

MegaWatty
15th October 2013, 07:17 PM
sorry to hear mate - but i don't really want to see anyone 'pulling tourfit'

Jealous type.

Pieface
15th October 2013, 07:18 PM
Rubes has dibs.

rubin
16th October 2013, 02:09 PM
would it be a fair assumption to make that both Fit and myself will be in the first group or so on sunday - seeing as the draw will be seeded?

Shadesy
16th October 2013, 02:39 PM
would it be a fair assumption to make that both Fit and myself will be in the first group or so on sunday - seeing as the draw will be seeded?

Most likely. The first 3 groups have 3 Players so I may just add one of you to one of those groups with the 8 Players at the back end competing for the prize.

God help the NAGA on Saturday, wearing the Maxibon short and playing with Fit at 8am hungover. Good motivation.... As a nice segue here's the updated groups for Saturday which will also be posted in the OP.

LeftyHoges
16th October 2013, 04:34 PM
Just a little excited now. 1 hour left of work.

EDIT: Sorry. "Work".

hocko
16th October 2013, 04:36 PM
Just a little excited now. 1 hour left of work.

EDIT: Sorry. "Work".

Is a bit of wee coming out?

MegaWatty
16th October 2013, 04:37 PM

The special love wee?

LeftyHoges
16th October 2013, 04:37 PM

Was going to post that but thought it was a little too crass.

So now that someone else has mentioned it... yes.

sms316
16th October 2013, 04:47 PM
Just a little excited now. 1 hour left of work.EDIT: Sorry. "Work".Sitting at Brisbane airport having a quiet beer. I am excite.

dc68
16th October 2013, 04:54 PM
Bugger. Should be there for my shout.

simmsy
16th October 2013, 05:42 PM
Yes u should be on ur way over here. We are disappoint!

Mububban
16th October 2013, 05:42 PM
45 minutes and then I'm off work tomorrow, then the big weekend begins. Can't wait.

Marto65
16th October 2013, 05:43 PM
Yes u should be on ur way over here. We are disappoint!

You are disappoint? I am disappoint at the number of WAnkers making the trip east.

simmsy
16th October 2013, 07:34 PM
same number as easties coming west.

simmsy
16th October 2013, 07:34 PM
i am disappoint you feel our company is not worth the trip across here :)

dc68
16th October 2013, 10:40 PM
I am disappoint that everyone is disappoint.

LeftyHoges
16th October 2013, 10:41 PM
I am disappoint that everyone is disappoint.

I'm at the opposite corner of this triangle and I can feel the disappoint from here.

Shadesy
16th October 2013, 11:19 PM
You are disappoint? I am disappoint at the number of WAnkers making the trip east.

only the decent ones.

TourFit
17th October 2013, 12:57 AM
Most likely. The first 3 groups have 3 Players so I may just add one of you to one of those groups with the 8 Players at the back end competing for the prize.

God help the NAGA on Saturday, wearing the Maxibon short and playing with Fit at 8am hungover. Good motivation.... As a nice segue here's the updated groups for Saturday which will also be posted in the OP.

Thanks.

That's if I get there at 8am. And I too will likely be hungover!

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 01:02 AM
I forgot to ask, anyone keen to go halves in a dozen Lethals or Pentas? Hell, even 3 or 4 would do me.

G.K
17th October 2013, 01:06 AM
I bought 3 doz on the weekend so I can sort you out Lefty! Lethal's that is.

rubin
17th October 2013, 01:20 AM
I forgot to ask, anyone keen to go halves in a dozen Lethals or Pentas? Hell, even 3 or 4 would do me.

What about Saturday and Sunday?

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 10:18 AM
What about Saturday and Sunday? I don't think we're at The Cut any more, Toto. ;-)

I bought 3 doz on the weekend so I can sort you out Lefty! Lethal's that is.

Champion. $12-$15 for a 3-pack and I'll come see you again if I need more?

G.K
17th October 2013, 10:32 AM
Champion. $12-$15 for a 3-pack and I'll come see you again if I need more?

No problemo! How about you put your $12-$15 into the charity tin and I'll give you 2 sleeves?

Jackson
17th October 2013, 10:46 AM
Weather forecast looking a lot nicer now!

Ashes
17th October 2013, 10:47 AM
Weather forecast looking a lot nicer now!

For those with melanin maybe.

Jackson
17th October 2013, 10:49 AM

Still not predicted to get over 22*. How white are you???

Ashes
17th October 2013, 10:53 AM
Still not predicted to get over 22*. How white are you???

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/ezyvanuv.jpg

A photographer friend took this studio shot of me against a white background.

Monsta
17th October 2013, 11:00 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/ezyvanuv.jpg

A photographer friend took this studio shot of me against a white background.

=D>

Lucky you were smiling at the time Ashes........

Marto65
17th October 2013, 11:17 AM
i am disappoint you feel our company is not worth the trip across here :) I am disappoint this aspersion has been cast upon me.

simmsy
17th October 2013, 12:15 PM
Lefty was thinking seeing as you will get softened up nicely in the morning game by Nuffie i wouldn't mind having a shot at you in the arvo game?

how about you&me go skins match?

or better yet me&shades v you&jc in a 3/4 cap match at Mandurah. JC will likely lose to SMS you will be punch drunk from Nuffies verbals and me and shadesy will be on easy street.

Ashes
17th October 2013, 12:19 PM
I put down a skins challenge to Lefty a while ago. No doubt he'll jump at the chance of avoiding a showdown me.

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 12:19 PM
Lefty was thinking seeing as you will get softened up nicely in the morning game by Nuffie i wouldn't mind having a shot at you in the arvo game?

or better yet me&shades v you&jc in a 3/4 cap match at Mandurah. JC will likely lose to SMS you will be punch drunk from Nuffies verbals and me and shadesy will be on easy street.

Is that 3/4 of 1/2 your cap as it's only 9 holes or are you trying to cheat your way to a handicap victory?

Shadesy
17th October 2013, 12:22 PM
I put down a skins challenge to Lefty a while ago. No doubt he'll jump at the chance of avoiding a showdown me.

Its ok you'll get your chance in the First group Sunday.

Johnny Canuck
17th October 2013, 12:24 PM

Don't bring a crutch, old man.

3/4 caps, 4 man skins game.

simmsy
17th October 2013, 12:25 PM
Ouch

Johnny Canuck
17th October 2013, 12:26 PM
Its ok you'll get your chance in the First group Sunday.

Some gold here.

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 12:31 PM
Bloody hell. I thought Lefty Vs the field was on at QLD champs?

I'll do it here too if I have to.

Monsta
17th October 2013, 12:33 PM

You can do it Lefty, take em all on !!!!

Ashes
17th October 2013, 12:34 PM
You can do it Lefty, take em all on !!!!

That's his plan for Friday night.

simmsy
17th October 2013, 12:40 PM

you detecting anything here lefty? you think it might have anything to do with the way you dress?

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 12:44 PM
you detecting anything here lefty? you think it might have anything to do with the way you dress?

Can't beat me in the fashion stakes so you have to beat me on the course. Will be a shame when that doesn't happen too.

That's his plan for Friday night.

I knew as soon as I read monstas post that someone would reply with this.

rubin
17th October 2013, 12:46 PM
Can't beat me in the fashion stakes so you have to beat me on the course. Will be a shame when that doesn't happen too.

I've got you on the fashion - its just my fashion doesnt blind you at the same time :D

Monsta
17th October 2013, 12:47 PM
I knew as soon as I read monstas post that someone would reply with this.

Careful those strange WAnker people dont take advantage of you while you are passed out on the tiles Lefty, they sound suss !!!!

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 12:47 PM
Tell you what boys, not to steal the idea from QLD but if you want me vs the field here I'm game. If I beat you sat & sun you put $10 in the tin. However many I don't beat I will put $5 in for.

Ashes
17th October 2013, 12:50 PM
Geez, that Maxibon shirt is going to hurt you twice as much this year!

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 12:52 PM
Geez, that Maxibon shirt is going to hurt you twice as much this year!

Last year was a blip. You'll be closer to it than me this time around.

simmsy
17th October 2013, 12:57 PM
i reckon lefty will be vying for the title this year. last year he was all starry eyed with the guns from the west. he's been working 12 months on redemption.

Ashes
17th October 2013, 12:58 PM
Last year was a blip. You'll be closer to it than me this time around.

I think you're getting the Maxibon and Pride shirts confused.

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 12:59 PM
I think you're getting the Maxibon and Pride shirts confused.

You're gonna be mighty warm on Sunday wearing both.

hocko
17th October 2013, 01:00 PM
How many of you guys are donating your $30 refund to the charity?
I for one am.

LeftyHoges
17th October 2013, 01:01 PM
I for one am.

I'm sure I will be one way or another... :lol:

Yossarian
17th October 2013, 01:53 PM
Just got an email from GCO, having a ballmania sale. Interesting timing.

Mububban
17th October 2013, 02:26 PM
Depending on what time we finish up on Saturday, is anyone up for 9 in the afternoon? I've got the weekend off, I want to cram in as much golf as I can!

Reiterating that I don't drink so I could fit 2 passengers plus gear in my car for Saturday and Sunday.

Johnny Canuck
17th October 2013, 02:27 PM
Depending on what time we finish up on Saturday, is anyone up for 9 in the afternoon? I've got the weekend off, I want to cram in as much golf as I can!

Reiterating that I don't drink so I could fit 2 passengers plus gear in my car for Saturday and Sunday.

The second 9 is always in the plans.

simmsy
17th October 2013, 09:17 PM
it's just a matter of if we can get on to Mandurah to play the other 9 or we play elsewhere.

hocko
17th October 2013, 10:53 PM
I'm in!

simmsy
17th October 2013, 11:01 PM
Still in?

hocko
17th October 2013, 11:04 PM
Yep

Ashes
17th October 2013, 11:11 PM
Quality. I'm still in too.

TourFit
17th October 2013, 11:39 PM
I for one am.

I've already told Shadesy to donate my $40 accomodation refund to the tin, and seeing as you guys aren't at The Cu*t, then the alternative can be scrapped.

idgolfguy
17th October 2013, 11:48 PM

Always keen. Serpentine?

Johnny Canuck
17th October 2013, 11:57 PM
Always keen. Serpentine?

That was a fun option a few years back. Could be good if we can't get on to Mandurah

idgolfguy
18th October 2013, 12:19 AM
Exactly.

idgolfguy
18th October 2013, 12:24 AM
Melanin is over-rated.

simmsy
18th October 2013, 01:27 AM
Pity u can't sell it

idgolfguy
18th October 2013, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't have to work!

MegaWatty
18th October 2013, 09:35 AM
To those of you I know and to the new guys that I haven't met yet; have a wonderful weekend this weekend at WA Champs.

I know I will be waiting on score updates for all three days but will also be waiting to hear of all the funny shit that happens as well.

Enjoy yourself, take it a little seriously, have a hit, have a laugh, have a thousand beers but most of all do not forget the reason you're all there.

All the best guys. See you next year.

TourFit
18th October 2013, 04:53 PM
Next year...fore the very first time!

MegaWatty
18th October 2013, 07:24 PM
Yup

TourFit
18th October 2013, 07:50 PM
You could team up with Lefty....

Rangas v The Rest

MegaWatty
18th October 2013, 10:15 PM
You could team up with Lefty....

Rangas v The Rest

How about Left and I vs You and Grimace?

dc68
18th October 2013, 10:25 PM
Don't forget KJ and the member formerly know as KPac.

dc68
18th October 2013, 10:26 PM
Oh and peteRs

popper81
18th October 2013, 10:32 PM
I have a ginger beard.. Really ginger. Maybe I can be a caddie.

simmsy
19th October 2013, 03:22 AM
Wish we were playing KB for Saturday.
Greens are sooo much better than Secret Harbour.

idgolfguy
19th October 2013, 07:39 AM
I'm awake but no one else seems to be!

sms316
19th October 2013, 08:43 AM
The breeze is up early lads.

LeftyHoges
19th October 2013, 09:00 AM
Wish we were playing KB for Saturday.
Greens are sooo much better than Secret Harbour.

They're not soft Simmsy.

Shadesy
19th October 2013, 09:16 AM
They're not soft Simmsy.

I'm so drunk

LeftyHoges
19th October 2013, 09:19 AM
I'm so drunk

I birdied 18.

sms316
19th October 2013, 09:27 AM
Who the hell puts a toilet and the shower in the same room?

The Wandering Minsterel
19th October 2013, 09:39 AM
Who the hell puts a toilet and the shower in the same room?

Who the hell gave Nuffie the Pink NAGA stuff, he is trying to match up his outfits. Aargh!

sms316
19th October 2013, 09:44 AM
Who the hell gave Nuffie the Pink NAGA stuff, he is trying to match up his outfits. Aargh! Even Lefty didn't bring enough artillery last year for that.

Nuffie
19th October 2013, 09:56 AM
Even Lefty didn't bring enough artillery last year for that.Yep. Ive decided to opt for a blue, pink, black and white combo.Maxibon and Quicksilver align with the Oakley and Cleveland labels. Just need a yellow/purple scarf to connect myself with Dodo :)

TourFit
19th October 2013, 10:12 AM
I'd like to see Tiger the Yank in the same group as hocko tomorrow...

...the snap count would be interesting!

MegaWatty
19th October 2013, 12:04 PM
I'd like to see Tiger the Yank in the same group as hocko tomorrow...

...the snap count would be interesting!

Looking like Tiger may be in your group tomorrow.

TourFit
19th October 2013, 12:06 PM
I'm out!

:-s

The Wandering Minsterel
19th October 2013, 12:09 PM
I hear Shadesy is a bit shirty

MegaWatty
19th October 2013, 12:21 PM
I hear Shadesy is a bit shirty

Eagle, bogey, triple...