PDA

View Full Version : 1st ODI. Australia Vs NZ

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 03:25 PM
not a bad effort by the Kiwis to resrict the Aussies to 8/252.

.. after Gilly went early, the Aussies seemed to get a bit cautious :?

good knocks from Punter and Katick + a quick 44 from Symonds helped get a total we should be able to defend though.

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 03:26 PM
Depends on if our bowlers turn up.

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 03:28 PM
early wicket to Bracken 8)

Vincent played on for 4.

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 03:33 PM
Watching it now Jarro, forgot to switch it back on after the lunch break.

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 03:37 PM
Another one gone 2/16

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 03:41 PM
Lee seems to be bowling really well at the moment 8)

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 03:55 PM
Another one gone 3/20

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 03:58 PM
Lee got another one 4/20, might be an early finish.

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 04:04 PM
that wicket really seems to be playing unpredictably .... Marshall was ducking under what he thought was a bouncer, and got out LBW :lol:

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 04:04 PM
Brett Lee really has the kiwi's rattled and Bracken is not bowling too badly either. Will really see how they bowl after these two stop, Hogg,Symonds & ?

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 04:11 PM
Lee again 5/28

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 04:12 PM
Will they make 50?

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 04:16 PM
awesome spell by Lee.

6 overs 4 maidens 3/5.

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 04:20 PM
Clark strikes in his first over 6/33

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 04:23 PM
Too think the kiwis said we were arogant for not playing McGrath. Guess the statement that they would attack us and tear us apart fired up the bowlers.

AndyP
3rd December 2005, 04:55 PM
Is there really much interest in this series?
Do we really need to play these guys 3 times every year?

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 04:59 PM
Another one gone! 7/74

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 05:02 PM
Is there really much interest in this series?
Do we really need to play these guys 3 times every year?

bloody oath there's interest :!: :!:

anytime we can smack the Kiwis arse is a good day.

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:04 PM
You guys notice only NSW players getting the wickets.
Symonds bowling his right arm utter filth now :?

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 05:06 PM
i think he's actually going for less than Bracken at the moment Grant , and he makes a hell of a lot more runs than him too

terryand
3rd December 2005, 05:06 PM
You guys notice only NSW players getting the wickets.
Symonds bowling his right arm utter filth now :?

Here we go again for another season :?

At least he scored more than wonderboy :roll:

Terry.

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 05:07 PM
Bracken is useless if there is no swing around

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:07 PM
Clark gets another!!!!

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:09 PM
I never mentioned Wonderboy, I just don't rate Symonds. I feel he is a great one day fielder, batsman but his bowling is a bit of a lottery.

terryand
3rd December 2005, 05:10 PM
I never mentioned Wonderboy, I just don't rate Symonds. I feel he is a great one day fielder, batsman but his bowling is a bit of a lottery.

Thats funny.Ponting rates Symond and doesn't rate Wonderboy :lol:

Terry.

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:10 PM
Jarro, a left hander is a good option to have with the angle away from right handers. It was swinging well early!

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:13 PM
Kiwi's are playing up, trying to get the game ended early, throwing bottles on the ground.

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 05:13 PM
i'm sorry, but Bracken might be a standout in the domestic comp, but at International level .. i think he's a bit lacking :?

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:18 PM
I admit he is not a champion but he is the best of the young blokes we have at the moment. Tait would be there if he were not injured.
We don't want the cricket team to end up like the rugby union team not being able to beat anyone.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2005, 05:29 PM
i'm sorry, but Bracken might be a standout in the domestic comp, but at International level .. i think he's a bit lacking  :?

Ah yes, another punter unwilling to back an accurate left-hander. Nothing to do with being (another) NSW'man is it.

The Whit should have played a lot more international cricket, and Bracken has proven himself. Clark has the other 2 wickets - so that's all 8 to the top 3 NSW pace bowlers, with McGrath rested ;)

Lee - 3 for 5 off 6 overs. 3 wides! :lol:

How's Kaspa play today? :lol:

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 05:34 PM
I hear you Fishy

Jarro
3rd December 2005, 07:38 PM
Fish,

.. Bracken the dud is only in the side 'till Tait is fit. After that, he's gawwwwn .... seeya .... adios.

The guy isn't up to international standard. Even a Newsouthwelshman would have to admit that

Fishman Dan
4th December 2005, 08:24 AM
Tait won't come straight back into the team, he doesn't swing the ball enough. I think Bracken's wickets this summer have proven that he's up to standard. Shame he'll be 12th man all summer, because Macgill will be in the 11 ;) (except for the WACA test).

Symond's must have batted ok, but the only cricket i got to see was after golf, and the first wicket was Symonds. The frustrating thing was that he was just trying to bunt the ball around, not whack the friggin' thing!

Symonds has a permanent place in the One Day squad, but i think he's exposed in the test team. Hodge also looked like a fish out of water, and Hussey looked solid.

For what it's worth, Hayden should be in that team though Katich batted well.

terryand
4th December 2005, 08:56 AM
Tait won't come straight back into the team, he doesn't swing the ball enough. I think Bracken's wickets this summer have proven that he's up to standard. Shame he'll be 12th man all summer, because Macgill will be in the 11 ;) (except for the WACA test).

Symond's must have batted ok, but the only cricket i got to see was after golf, and the first wicket was Symonds. The frustrating thing was that he was just trying to bunt the ball around, not whack the friggin' thing!

Symonds has a permanent place in the One Day squad, but i think he's exposed in the test team. Hodge also looked like a fish out of water, and Hussey looked solid.

For what it's worth, Hayden should be in that team though Katich batted well.

I agree fishy,amazing come back considering he was probably one innings away from being dumped.Just goes to show the character of the guy.

And sorry Jarro I can't believe that I will cross the floor on this one but i think Bracken has the most potential of the younger crew coming through,probably needs to apply himself a bit more though.

Terry.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2005, 09:00 AM
Tez - go take a Bex and have a lie down mate. You must have been working too hard ;)

AndyP
4th December 2005, 09:00 AM
Bracken is OK, certainly better than he was a few years ago. It's just a shame we don't have better options.

Andy

Andy

Andy

Moe Norman
4th December 2005, 12:47 PM
Bracken is the perfect foil for our current attack.

MacGrath - unmatached line and length
Lee - blistering pace
Bracken - left arm, medium pace at best, plenty of swing.

Tait it too similar to Lee in my opinion, and makes the attack too unbalanced. When Tait is fit, I'd slot him into the Test side ahead of Lee. Don't be blinded by Lee's performances in the pyjama game against crappy lineups, look at his performance at Test Level against quality lineups. He just doesn't cut it. Tait is a genuine wicket taker and will leak a similar amount of runs to Lee, and will glare at batsmen after being dispatched rather than smile at them!

Fishman Dan
4th December 2005, 08:05 PM
Bracken is the perfect foil for our current attack.

MacGrath - unmatached line and length
Lee - blistering pace
Bracken - left arm, medium pace at best, plenty of swing.

Tait it too similar to Lee in my opinion, and makes the attack too unbalanced.  When Tait is fit, I'd slot him into the Test side ahead of Lee.  Don't be blinded by Lee's performances in the pyjama game against crappy lineups, look at his performance at Test Level against quality lineups.  He just doesn't cut it.  Tait is a genuine wicket taker and will leak a similar amount of runs to Lee, and will glare at batsmen after being dispatched rather than smile at them!

You started so strongly, but then went to water..

Scroll back through the last 5 or 6 tests (more?), and you'll see Lee has knocked over more openers than any other bowler.

Moe Norman
4th December 2005, 09:55 PM
he has removed a few WI openers, and some quality players through dubious decisions.

The guy bowled as well as he will ever bowl in England and still took less than 20 wickets at 40. Plenty of heart, plenty of pace, not so much ability.

Fishman Dan
4th December 2005, 10:16 PM
He took the first 3 wickets when we nearly rolled England for under 125 to almost steal a test. Don't just look at numbers. And with absolutely no help from Dizzy or Kaspa, the figures of McGrath, Warne and Lee will be exaggerated.

AndyP
5th December 2005, 08:13 AM
But he bowls crap.  And you don't need numbers to see it.
He's hit a little bit of a form patch after getting some confidence picking up 5 wickets in the 2nd innings of the Gabba test, when the match was dead (He bowled garbage in the first, when the match was competitive).  All he has done is get the selectors off his back for a bit longer.  This patch won't last, and he'll go back to being unreliable and expensive.

Jarro
5th December 2005, 08:24 AM
like i said earlier, if there is no swing around ... he's crap :x

Moe Norman
5th December 2005, 08:39 PM
i think Smith, Gibbs, De Villiers and Kallis will eat him alive - hopefully he proves me wrong.

Luckily for us it won't matter as Kallis and Gibbs to a lesser extent are the only ones with half a clue how to play legspin.