PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 6th May 2013

Jarro
8th May 2013, 03:15 PM
33 points at Nudgee today 17/16

Wiped the 12th and had a couple of 1 pointers on the back nine :(

Driver went well for the most part, but couldn't dial in the short irons or putter :mad:

idgolfguy
8th May 2013, 06:19 PM
36 points in the rain and windy weather. Still missed 5 short putts but drained 4 x 15+ footers. Also had a double and triple.

38 on the weekend showed that my swing is on the mend. Have also gone back to stiffer irons. Distance and dispersion have improved. The Razr-Fit is still not as reliable as the FT-IZ for me.

Should be down to 12 as of tomorrow.

PeteyD
8th May 2013, 06:21 PM
More crap. Putted like steady eddy for a crapolla 28 points. Probably last comp for 2 weeks, might need the break.

Jackson
8th May 2013, 07:31 PM
120 at wembley in the wild weather today! Horrible round even by my low standards!
Was just glad it was over by the end of the round, looks like my first handicap is going to be a high one!

Jeffo1123
8th May 2013, 09:23 PM
120 at wembley in the wild weather today! Horrible round even by my low standards!Was just glad it was over by the end of the round, looks like my first handicap is going to be a high one! Higher it is the more it can come down!!!

Pencil
8th May 2013, 10:24 PM
I can't believe you people played in that crap today.

Golfnut
8th May 2013, 10:41 PM
I can't believe you people played in that crap today. Ain't it a winter sport???

Pencil
8th May 2013, 11:08 PM
Yeah. But not an underwater one.

Jackson
8th May 2013, 11:52 PM
I can't believe you people played in that crap today.

Neither can I!
Not enjoyable at all, but got my 3rd card in.

Wind ripped the umbrella holder off my cart and put the cart on its side at the 9th.

Nug300
9th May 2013, 09:01 AM
Played my first comp round yesterday at Gungahlin. Its a different course off the Blues

Didnt hit it too bad but started with a few nervous 3 putts. Then played pretty consistent until i got to the 16th Par 5. Hit a bomb off the tee leaving 210 to the middle, tried to be a hero and put 3 balls in the water, i end up with a 10.

96 for my first HCP round which is higher than i wanted but will be out there saturday again looking to better that.

The best thing about yesterday was playing with the Club Pro. The topic of Hole in Ones came up on the 3rd hole and mentioned that he hadnt had one in 20 years. Come to the 17th and he hits a perfect draw, lands 6ft past and calmy rolls straight back into the hole. Unfortunately for him, it was the day after the committee decided that Pros cant claim the $750 Hole in One prize!!!

Was good to watch however!

Hatchman
9th May 2013, 02:35 PM
Played my first comp round yesterday at Gungahlin. Its a different course off the Blues

Didnt hit it too bad but started with a few nervous 3 putts. Then played pretty consistent until i got to the 16th Par 5. Hit a bomb off the tee leaving 210 to the middle, tried to be a hero and put 3 balls in the water, i end up with a 10.

96 for my first HCP round which is higher than i wanted but will be out there saturday again looking to better that.

The best thing about yesterday was playing with the Club Pro. The topic of Hole in Ones came up on the 3rd hole and mentioned that he hadnt had one in 20 years. Come to the 17th and he hits a perfect draw, lands 6ft past and calmy rolls straight back into the hole. Unfortunately for him, it was the day after the committee decided that Pros cant claim the $750 Hole in One prize!!!

Was good to watch however!

Tin Cup moment?
The 10 is reduced to a 7 for handicapping purpose so no probs. Anything higher than a double is reduced to a double when putting cards in.

Nug300
9th May 2013, 03:11 PM
Was the best drive ive hit on that hole ever and was swinging the 3wood well. Didnt quite work out the way id hoped

Fair enough i was unaware of that. Looks like is reduced to a triple however, not a double according to Golf Aus

bogeyville
10th May 2013, 09:39 AM
81 around the river course with a triple and a double was a good round till that happened

Yossarian
10th May 2013, 10:40 AM
81 around the river course with a triple and a double was a good round till that happened

Sounds like you have massive problems, you should probably get a lesson because golf just isn't that hard.

Pencil
10th May 2013, 04:35 PM
78 around Kwinana today. 1 down in the stupid par comp. Probably could have shot par if I hadn't putted like Yoss. The course is in good nick though, even after the rain.

Anfield
10th May 2013, 06:03 PM
37 points at richmond today with only 3 GIR!
Irons were off, but not massively off, just enough to have me scrambling, thank goodness for the method 003

Peppas
10th May 2013, 06:43 PM
37 points at richmond today with only 3 GIR!
Irons were off, but not massively off, just enough to have me scrambling, thank goodness for the method 003

must be the red iomic grip. Or the honeymoon period :)

Anfield
10th May 2013, 07:19 PM
Dunno Peps, it felt really good and had me very consistent all game
Its definitely earned an extended trial

idgolfguy
10th May 2013, 08:22 PM
36 points in the rain and windy weather. Still missed 5 short putts but drained 4 x 15+ footers. Also had a double and triple.

38 on the weekend showed that my swing is on the mend. Have also gone back to stiffer irons. Distance and dispersion have improved. The Razr-Fit is still not as reliable as the FT-IZ for me.

Should be down to 12 as of tomorrow.
Came first in B Grade on Wednesday on a count back. The weather must have played havoc with everyone's game.

Back to A grade - it has been almost a year. Was end of June last year. Hope I can keep playing to the this level or better. Play to 10 or below tomorrow and I'll be off 11 on Sunday.

Under Pressure...

Yossarian
10th May 2013, 08:26 PM
Some XXX Blades should help Id!

idgolfguy
10th May 2013, 08:29 PM
Some XXX Blades should help Id!
I've been using my X-Prototypes now with the 6.5 Flighteds I put in a couple of weeks ago. When the ex-Jack's Srixons with the X-100s arrive - they may be too soft. ;)

Johnny Canuck
10th May 2013, 11:56 PM
78 around Kwinana today. 1 down in the stupid par comp. Probably could have shot par if I hadn't putted like Yoss. The course is in good nick though, even after the rain. What time did you tee off? I was there as well.

Pencil
11th May 2013, 12:07 AM
About 9

Johnny Canuck
11th May 2013, 12:10 AM
About 9 I teed off at 10, but played through a couple groups. Probably wouldn't have finished too far in front of me. Weather was decent, with only 1 substantial rainfall, when I was hitting into 9.

Pencil
11th May 2013, 12:18 AM
I think it was 13 we were on then? The uphill par 5. All good after that. Gosnells Monday. Can't wait.

Johnny Canuck
11th May 2013, 12:24 AM
12. Gossies is in great nick.

sms316
11th May 2013, 11:18 AM
A bogey free round of 78. Special.

peter_rs
11th May 2013, 11:24 AM
Middle ridge
+10 in 4bb v par

43/39 82 (doubled 18)
69% fwy
50% gir
33 Pts putting was average

A little kid of 13 played really well and we combined well

He went two better then his hcp.

4 birdies :)

Either they have taken g69 advice or he would have struggled a few years ago... Plenty of trees cleared and under growth.... The good news is they are taking the stumps.

As for condition a few tee boxes are struggling and a few greens where water logged but the condition was good. They have grassed a few bunkers as well.

As for the net on 3, its noticable but not as bad as ocean shores or kooindah waters. It goes hurt a fade but its only a 310m hole.

Looks like they are extending 17.

All in all still a solid county course

3Puttpete
11th May 2013, 12:48 PM
+4 v par.

-2 last 4 holes which hurt a bit. Plenty of wind and rain playing the last means it won't be much fun for anyone playing after me.

muldude
11th May 2013, 02:12 PM
Minus 4 today, par event. did not have ONE plus all day damn it, hit 13 greens in that and hit it rubbish, missed 4 bird putts 4 ft or less and the greens were mint grrrrr.

One of those shoulda/coulda days, oh well nice day and closer to getting to 4 :-)

Hatchman
11th May 2013, 02:46 PM
Medal round Kapunda
Started ok then re-lived the nightmare of of last week, dropping a heap of shots again from the same point and never recovered.
It's now two consecutive weeks where I haven't putted for a birdie on a par 5 (Ten par 5's played 1 tripple, 3 doubles and 2 bogeys ](*,))
Wedge game was very poor today, is this a sign the Clevelands need to be retired for some Vokey's to Ho the whole bag :D

Stats
Kapunda Par 73, Acr 72
85/84
Effective Drives = 60%
Greens in Reg = 33.3%
Up/Down Par Saves = 25%
Putts = 29
2 Birdies, 2 Doubles, 1 Tripple & 2 Out of Bounds, one 3 stabb

rubin
11th May 2013, 02:58 PM
Managed to get away at the last minute for Par at Secret harbour.

Disappointed after the closing few holes. Was 5up with 4 to play and wiped all 4. (The only wipes of the day too)

Managed to keep the ball in play pretty much all day, and prior to the last 4, putting was on song. Just gotta keep it going.

ACR of 73, par 72 so I expect I'll drop a shot now.

And for the wankers - no church. Hopefully the ld holds up for the day.

idgolfguy
11th May 2013, 03:28 PM
...Back to A grade - it has been almost a year. Was end of June last year. Hope I can keep playing to the this level or better. Play to 10 or below tomorrow and I'll be off 11 on Sunday.

Under Pressure...
Today, 9 and 22 points. 51 and 38 gross.

Could not do anything right on the front 9.

Happy that I came good even though the tee was poor.

Pieface
11th May 2013, 05:03 PM
Crikey ID, you found some mojo on the back.

Rubin...challenging for Shadesy's title?

davidw88
11th May 2013, 05:26 PM
Shot a 71 today

Waddzy
11th May 2013, 05:35 PM
91/72 in the 2nd round of champs , pissing down rain and 2-3 club length winds made it a hard day ... Had 46 front and was playing the back great , 5 pars in a row at one point then took a quad on the par 3 17th.. I've never needed a 4iron so bad.. Still a good score considering the conditions , a lot of nett 80+ handed in today. Had a long drive win after pumping one down wind 50m past the original markers. Highlight of the day teeing off the first straight into wind knocking my drive about 150m after catching it so clean.. First time playing in wind that bad.

idgolfguy
11th May 2013, 05:41 PM

One nine of cream and one nine of !cream is a common occurrence. Hopefully, it will get come together in the next few rounds.

rubin
11th May 2013, 07:10 PM

i think the problem was that i walked of 15 after duffing a wedge and and the putts and was actually thinking "dont do a shades, dont do a shades". may have been my undoing.

oncewasagolfer
12th May 2013, 10:01 AM
Played with a guy off scratch in a 4bbb and we combined (if u would call it that) for 33pts. That is the lowest score I have had in a 4 ball but we weren't on our own. I hit it alright but got in some bad spots and hit a couple of driven half pitch shots after good tee shots. I can see myself off double figures in a month.

Yossarian
12th May 2013, 11:12 AM
i think the problem was that i walked of 15 after duffing a wedge and and the putts and was actually thinking "dont do a shades, dont do a shades". may have been my undoing.

You should so be taking that bet, power game and playing to cap!

rubin
12th May 2013, 11:24 AM
You should so be taking that bet, power game and playing to cap!

16.9 now. Secrets is good to me.

Yossarian
12th May 2013, 12:00 PM
Might be the 400 m wide fairways.

Shadesy
12th May 2013, 12:06 PM
Jerks I finished with an eagle yesterday.

Was -7 after the turn though.

Ashes
12th May 2013, 12:08 PM
Managed to get away at the last minute for Par at Secret harbour. Disappointed after the closing few holes. Was 5up with 4 to play and wiped all 4. (The only wipes of the day too)Managed to keep the ball in play pretty much all day, and prior to the last 4, putting was on song. Just gotta keep it going. ACR of 73, par 72 so I expect I'll drop a shot now. And for the wankers - no church. Hopefully the ld holds up for the day.Congrats on =2nd. Bad luck on being done on the LD.

rubin
12th May 2013, 01:04 PM

Cause kwinana is so much tougher.

simmsy
12th May 2013, 01:14 PM
It is.

Yossarian
12th May 2013, 01:17 PM
Cause kwinana is so much tougher.

I don't understand your point.

simmsy
12th May 2013, 01:56 PM
None of us do Yoss.

LeftyHoges
12th May 2013, 02:19 PM
Shot a 1 under 70 around Dartmoor yesterday. Birdied the first by knocking a 5 iron to 3 feet. Topped driver off the next for bogey. Bogeyed 8, birdied 12 (left a 9 foot eagle putt 3 inches short dead in the heart), birdied 14 to finish at -1. 3 jacked the last for par. :-(

Really didn't strike the ball that well but somehow managed to score. Missed 9 putts within 15 feet so literally could have been any score.

Handicap down to 1.9.

Johnny Canuck
12th May 2013, 02:32 PM
Awesome shooting lefty. No breakthrough performance for me with a big -5 in par. the new putter was on Gumtree before I reached the 14th green.

idgolfguy
12th May 2013, 03:31 PM
Which Gumtree at Gosnell's? Bad Luck, JC.

Well done, LH.

Dotty
12th May 2013, 04:04 PM
Which Gumtree at Gosnell's? Bad Luck, JC.

Well done, LH.
I'd be more concerned with the Gumtree at Quinn's Rocks.

Golfnut
12th May 2013, 05:33 PM
Awesome shooting lefty. No breakthrough performance for me with a big -5 in par. the new putter was on Gumtree before I reached the 14th green. :lol:

LarryLong
12th May 2013, 10:08 PM
Nice round Lefty.

I backed up my monthly medal from last week with a massive day out and 42 points on Saturday morning. I'm not sure if I won the comp, but I scooped the $20 for my 7am 'early birds' group for the second week in a row. People are starting to grumble. They will grumble even more when they find out my handicap went from 18.3 to 17.5, so I didn't even drop a shot (which I'm a little disappointed about).

Pencil
12th May 2013, 10:14 PM
Nice LL. Your on a roll. The mid teens in no time.

Hatchman
13th May 2013, 08:34 AM
Nice round Lefty.

I backed up my monthly medal from last week with a massive day out and 42 points on Saturday morning. I'm not sure if I won the comp, but I scooped the $20 for my 7am 'early birds' group for the second week in a row. People are starting to grumble. They will grumble even more when they find out my handicap went from 18.3 to 17.5, so I didn't even drop a shot (which I'm a little disappointed about).

You will be real popular with that many points and no hcp change. Good round

Shot a 1 under 70 around Dartmoor yesterday. Birdied the first by knocking a 5 iron to 3 feet. Topped driver off the next for bogey. Bogeyed 8, birdied 12 (left a 9 foot eagle putt 3 inches short dead in the heart), birdied 14 to finish at -1. 3 jacked the last for par. :-(

Really didn't strike the ball that well but somehow managed to score. Missed 9 putts within 15 feet so literally could have been any score.

Handicap down to 1.9.

Two under the card rounds on a row, top stuff =D>. Keep the hot streak going.

live4golf
13th May 2013, 09:00 AM
Par round yesterday, was also our first round of the 4BBB Matchplay. I started fairly well, was +2 after 8 and even par then I twinged my back having a practice putt on the 9th green. Game went to poo after that, -4 in 6 holes before I jagged a couple of late birdies. Finished -1, considering the state I was in not overly unhappy. Fairly sore though, Osteo this morning. Highlight for me was 1 birdie from 2 fairly easy Eagle opportunities...damn I can putt.

We lost the Matchplay, my partner was very ill and struggled to play, in fact he probably should have not even gone out.

muldude
13th May 2013, 09:05 AM
Good shooting lads, :mrgreen:

i have a whole week ahead of me.After yesterdays chopfest at pennant it could be a very long week !!! :?

oncewasagolfer
13th May 2013, 09:20 AM
Well played lefty and Larry.

Pencil
13th May 2013, 05:31 PM
Headed out to Gosnells today. Good track. Long enough for a par 70 but I couldn't figure out the greens all day. I putted awful. Missed 2 1 footers on the last 2 hole to finish with a 78 and -3 in the par comp. Par 3's are tricky. Especially if you push every tee shot on them right, which for today's pins meant dead. Bogeyed all them. Hit it pretty solid, just couldn't score.

Off to Golfbox for a look at some nice shiny putters.

LeftyHoges
13th May 2013, 05:39 PM
Awesome shooting lefty.

Well done, LH.

Nice round Lefty.

Two under the card rounds on a row, top stuff =D>. Keep the hot streak going.

Good shooting lads, :mrgreen:

Well played lefty and Larry.

Cheers gents. Making another push to get to one. Got 5 more rounds to do it.

muldude
13th May 2013, 07:43 PM
God I'm a chopper, 22 points front side (2under) 13 the back (5over) leaked oil all the way home, even bogied the last 2 to drive it home :-(

mUTHA
14th May 2013, 10:27 AM
43 points and took out 3rd week in a row at my local.

28 of the front, then went to water had a wipe and a lazy 15 on the back.

should se my hcap dissapate in the next week or 2 although our captain keeps forgetting the put cards in :?

hocko
14th May 2013, 10:31 AM

should se my hcap dissapate in the next week or 2 although our captain keeps forgetting the put cards in :?
Wow, 28 points on the front nine!
What are you playing off mutha?

Pencil
14th May 2013, 11:54 AM

How many $$ is that costing you per week...

Vice MC
14th May 2013, 12:06 PM
39 pts on Sunday, good for second, third week in a row!! Ill get a W one of these days... First time ive shot 80 tho so very happy.
No driver just 3 wood off the tee and missed 2-3 fairways all day. And prob only a couple approach shots over 150m so gonna stick with it until i find a driver i can hit...

Geordie-Lee
14th May 2013, 12:56 PM
Good going vice

Shortylook
14th May 2013, 06:15 PM
38 points today at binningup. Had a birdie on the 9th par 3 hole that was super special. 2 wipes on the first 9 could of made it an even better score, but I was wrapped with my game today. Not 3 putting every hole is taking my game to new levels.

Waddzy
15th May 2013, 08:03 AM
Well done shorty, hopefully you keep heading in the right direction and keep enjoying it. 38 points good for any prizes?

LeftyHoges
15th May 2013, 08:09 AM
38 points today at binningup. Had a birdie on the 9th par 3 hole that was super special. 2 wipes on the first 9 could of made it an even better score, but I was wrapped with my game today. Not 3 putting every hole is taking my game to new levels.

Birdie on 9 is pretty bloody special. Tough hole that.

simmsy
15th May 2013, 09:09 AM
Yep good play to get birdie there for sure.

Hopefully we get to play there at champs time again this year.

Shortylook
15th May 2013, 09:28 AM
No no prizes, I was playing with 4 mate. We weren't allowed to bet because one mate doesn't really play. That's why we had Stablford. Was a really good day, I'm happy with my game, have to see if it stays there for Thursdays comp :lol:

Hatchman
15th May 2013, 09:31 AM
Well done Shorty, breaking hcp on greens shows your game is continuing to improve.

Shortylook
15th May 2013, 11:27 AM
Cheers, the only drama is now I have to go back to sand greens and chip and run golf. I've been loving going straight at the flag on grass greens. But on the up side my course is 2 minute drive from home

mUTHA
15th May 2013, 12:02 PM
Wow, 28 points on the front nine!
What are you playing off mutha?

still playing off 27 cos the captain keeps "forgetting" to put my card in, when he finally puts em in pretty sure i be around 18

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 04:05 PM
38 points round the Cheese. Down to 13.1. Rubin should get on board that bet before I chicken out.

rubin
15th May 2013, 04:17 PM
38 points round the Cheese. Down to 13.1. Rubin should get on board that bet before I chicken out.

Would you have gotten that low if it wasnt for the parallel fariways?

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm too chicken to take the wager. Plus the missus will notice when the money comes out of the bank account.

Its ok mate, I understand.

rubin
15th May 2013, 04:28 PM

Its ok mate, I understand.

yeah, not quite.

Shadesy
15th May 2013, 04:39 PM
I guess my 41 points around the same track today would have been less too.

29 putts including 12 on the front 9.

4 birds. First ever shank.

Into an all time new low of 9.1

simmsy
15th May 2013, 04:46 PM
great work shadesy.

rubin stop coming across like a pussy!

you should be taking up the bet with yoss. it's one way to get better. me and shades are proof of that. been taking the piss out of each other for months now for getting to 9 and now we both are. you need to have that competitive edge.
you keep telling everyone how far you hit it and you've got these great clubs and all that stuff but mate you got to go and do it.

don't get me wrong, i hope you get to 12 and beyond but stop sounding like a whining little bitch everytime yoss tries to get you to take up a challenge. doesn't matter if yoss beats you to 12. make the next bet to 10 and then beat him to that.

rubin
15th May 2013, 04:56 PM

how is this ^^^ any different to

This?

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 04:59 PM
Cause my money is ready to talk big boi.

Johnny Canuck
15th May 2013, 05:09 PM
great work shadesy.rubin stop coming across like a pussy!you should be taking up the bet with yoss. it's one way to get better. me and shades are proof of that. been taking the piss out of each other for months now for getting to 9 and now we both are. you need to have that competitive edge.you keep telling everyone how far you hit it and you've got these great clubs and all that stuff but mate you got to go and do it.don't get me wrong, i hope you get to 12 and beyond but stop sounding like a whining little bitch everytime yoss tries to get you to take up a challenge. doesn't matter if yoss beats you to 12. make the next bet to 10 and then beat him to that. Simmo, where does handicapping a long drive comp rate on your "pussy scale?"

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 05:12 PM
:lol:

simmsy
15th May 2013, 05:21 PM
it rates as fun johnny boy.

and it would give you the right Royal shits, because you wouldn't win it.

Johnny Canuck
15th May 2013, 05:24 PM
Having your second nut cutoff has already affected you.

I am pleased that you feel the need to go to such extremes to beat me.

Leaderboard Don't Lie!

simmsy
15th May 2013, 05:55 PM
I don't care if I beat you. I know my place.

Rubin proposed the idea to me actually.

rubin
15th May 2013, 06:01 PM
Having your second nut cutoff has already affected you.

I am pleased that you feel the need to go to such extremes to beat me.

Leaderboard Don't Lie!

I don't care if I beat you. I know my place.
towards the end?

Rubin proposed the idea to me actually.

Did I? When did i do that?

simmsy
15th May 2013, 06:22 PM
I finished 6th last year.
What's your cap?

rubin
15th May 2013, 06:23 PM
I finished 6th last year.
What's your cap?

so u got beaten by a bloke with a cap of almost double yours?

Ashes
15th May 2013, 06:25 PM
I suggested the handicap idea cos I felt bad that OMS might embarrass himself.

simmsy
15th May 2013, 06:29 PM
so u got beaten by a bloke with a cap of almost double yours?

You keep telling yourself your a good golfer Rubin and keep running from the challenges laid out to you mate.

rubin
15th May 2013, 06:42 PM
You keep telling yourself your a good golfer Rubin and keep running from the challenges laid out to you mate.

I haven't run from any reasonable challenge. Whats the point in challenging a bloke to 12, when he's of 13.1, and im on 16.9? I'm not a charity.

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 06:43 PM
That isn't the bet the bet is lowest by champs.

rubin
15th May 2013, 06:44 PM
That isn't the bet the bet is lowest by champs.

u declined that one.

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 06:46 PM
No I didn't.

simmsy
15th May 2013, 06:47 PM
So bets on.

simmsy
15th May 2013, 06:48 PM
Rubin u are fav to take this out as Yoss would be close to low cap.

You have told us all your potential. It's now time to deliver.

idgolfguy
15th May 2013, 07:06 PM
19 and 22 pts.
5 and 2 over gross. 2 doubles and 2 singles.
On 13th, birdie - 1.2m hopefully NTP.

Was 12.2, should be around 11.2 now replacing the 17 played to that's in the eight now.

Used Jack's old Srixons unadjusted.

Johnny Canuck
15th May 2013, 07:08 PM
Off topic post.

idgolfguy
15th May 2013, 07:11 PM
Sorry

simmsy
15th May 2013, 07:18 PM
Hehehehe
Good work idg.

Singles are beckoning again.

Yossarian
15th May 2013, 07:18 PM
Nice round vic!

idgolfguy
15th May 2013, 07:24 PM
It was is June that I got to 10.6 - my best ever. It's pathetic that it has taken almost a year. The drop from 15 has only taken about 6 weeks.

Webster
15th May 2013, 07:26 PM
19 and 22 pts.
5 and 2 over gross. 2 doubles and 2 singles.
On 13th, birdie - 1.2m hopefully NTP.

Was 12.2, should be around 11.2 now replacing the 17 played to that's in the eight now.

Used Jack's old Srixons unadjusted.

Great stuff Vic!!

idgolfguy
15th May 2013, 07:34 PM
Great stuff Vic!!
Thanks mate. I was surprised that the upright work for the longer irons 6 down to 3. The shorter irons were going left so played knockdowns predominantly with one longer which kept me more in line with the flags. I'm sure there's a lesson in there.
Had a good putting round which kept my scores about 4 or 5 lower.

Shadesy
15th May 2013, 07:36 PM
Good shooting Vic.

41 a popular number today :-)

idgolfguy
15th May 2013, 07:39 PM
Yup another 12HC at the Vines came in with 41. Hopefully my 22 on the back, and Par, Par wins the count back.

Pencil
15th May 2013, 09:24 PM
5up today in a par event. Shot a 71 at Wembley Old. Not too bad considering I still had 2 3 putts. Hit 14 greens, 10 fairways which is nearly a record for me. That was my 20th card so I suppose I have an anchor now.

I still hate par events.

Johnny Canuck
15th May 2013, 09:41 PM
Vic, were you not off 8 when we played at Joondalup with Just ages ago?

idgolfguy
15th May 2013, 09:46 PM
Vic, were you not off 8 when we played at Joondalup with Just ages ago?
Never been 8, we may have played 3/4HC. My Golflink was 10.6 as the lowest at the start of June. i had to play the next round to 13 to get below 10.5 but I yipped my HC out to 15 within a few rounds.

Hopefully, I have better success this time round.

Pieface
15th May 2013, 09:48 PM
Well played WAnkers!

hocko
15th May 2013, 09:58 PM
Well played WAnkers!

Indeed, very well played gents. :)

Shadesy
15th May 2013, 10:18 PM
Been informed I held on for the win.

Don't you hate visitors winning comps :-)

Golfnut
15th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Well played WAnkers! +1!!!Great golf guys....I'm feeling more and more like a chopper every week.

Pieface
15th May 2013, 11:12 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same eh 'nut?

Golfnut
15th May 2013, 11:35 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same eh 'nut? Can't wait for life to go back to some sort of normality.....weeks away at this rate.