PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 28th November.

Grunt
1st December 2005, 12:59 PM
Hi all

Played St Michaels this morning with a solid 30 points, pretty happy with that in the end as I turned in 12 points :x and was thinking 25 will be an effort. I thought my run of good form was gone but I recovered to finish up with a semi respectable score.
Played the back 9 first and really struggled to get into any sort of rhythym. I was actually hitting the ball too far, driving through doglegs and over clubbing when approaching greens. So I guess in a way I was playing better than I actually thought I could play.
Highlights were paring the 5th, 6th & 7th holes in sucession, nailed a few long putts and a few good recovery shots from ugly positions.
In the end a good morning game on a quality golf course. :)

Matt 3 Jab
2nd December 2005, 11:56 AM
i played new brighton, 12 greens, 3 3putts, missed a few good birdie chances, had 35 points, not happy but cant really complain.......

Grunt
2nd December 2005, 02:11 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning in the precept challenge. Not an overly special round just solid with 37 points. No wipes just lots of one pointers :? Highlight was a 25+ foot putt rolling in on the 11th for a birdie 3 8) .

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 02:21 PM
Played at Mac Grange this morning for 40 points :lol: , could have been more but could have been less too. Putted really well with 29 putts. Even chipped in at one of the par 3's for a great par save.
Wet weather had knocked the course about a bit with all bunkers out of play GUR, and a couple of fairways were really wet with large areas of casual water.

Bring on Liverpool tomorrow. 8)

Matt 3 Jab
3rd December 2005, 02:29 PM
great round grunt, 18 must be in sight now for sure! 8)
good luck for liverpool, make sure the putter is still on fire.

BrisWesty
3rd December 2005, 04:35 PM
Had a bunt around 9 holes at Caboolture this morning.
Played two balls, because I was checking whether I should keep my existing driver in the bag or replace it with its predecessor.

The Brosnan Magnate 8o (old driver) was longer (by anything up to 20 metres), but only hit 2 fairways (missed a couple by about a metre).

The Turner 518SL 10o obviously didn't want to go back into the garage, because I hit 7 out of 7 fairways. Never done that before! Unfortunately, my second shots were lousy!

Got to spend some time on my short game. I know I can improve on my chipping and putting.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2005, 06:19 PM
Medal day. Nett +1 (82 - 16 = 66) - again!

3 penalties - 2 x OB, 1 x water. You do the maths! :x

26 putts is a highlight, but i really didn't play that well today in extremely windy conditions. It was swirling all over the shop, it almost felt like every hole was into the wind!

At least i par'd the index 18 and 17 holes. :roll:

Trung
3rd December 2005, 07:00 PM
85 for a net 79.. windy out there today 8)

Courty
4th December 2005, 11:48 AM
Yesterday was Medal day here and it was partnered by oppressive heat. I started well & was -1 after 6 holes (left an eagle putt 8 inches short of centre cup on the 6th :oops:), but then it came. The thunderstorm, that is. It flogged down for 15 minutes, and a promptly bogeyed the next 2 mainly cause I couldn't hold my clubs properly. Anyhow, I made the turn at +1 and by then the grips & gloves had dried out. Made some good scrambling pars, then bogeyed the par 5 12th when I tried to carry the greenside lake for 2 (but didn't). Had a few more bogeys on the run home to finish with 77 (nett 72). I was glad to finish because the weather was really horrible. The storms were coming in bands, so it was either thunder & flogging rain, or blue sky, bloody hot sun & ridiculous humidity. :roll:

Grunt
4th December 2005, 07:32 PM
Played with the boys at Liverpool this afternoon. After playing so well yesterday it was never going to be easy to play as well today, and after speaking with my club handicapper who had not done the cards for yesterday yet he advised me to play off 20 as I will lose 1.2 for yesterday.

I putted poorly which meant I would not get the usual shot or 2 back with the a few 1 putts.
As my ballstriking has improved over the past few weeks my club selection let me down, overclubbing at crucial times leaving myself a fair few chips from poor positions. :cry: To top it off my old driver play came back too with very inconsistent shots off the tee some left, some right & some as good as I ever hit them :roll: .

So in the end I had 26 points and not too many highlights to brag about.

Moe Norman
4th December 2005, 08:10 PM
30 points - 8 on the front, 22 on the back. I'm consistently inconsistent!

Pinglauncher
4th December 2005, 10:28 PM
30 points (15+15) Was very happy with the V2 75 and R5 combo but having played so little golf over the last 3 months my short game let me down badly.

jimandr
4th December 2005, 11:08 PM
At Liverpool today with Grunt, Jono and Virgal Tracy. Much more detail is in the NSW Matchplay Final thread.

I didn't play well at all for 28 points. Front nine I hit four greens in reg and played them in four over. Back nine I hit some very worrying flares well right and slicing further with middle irons. Lots of saving for bogey.

Poor stats tell a poor story.

Fairways = 7 of 14
GIR = 7 of 18, 2 threes and a 4 putt, no birdies
Up and Down = 4 of 10
Putts = 36

Liverpool doesn't suit me. I might try to avoid it in future.

peter_rs
5th December 2005, 10:13 AM
Played St Lucia during the week.
86 (45/41)
14/15 fairways
7 GIR
31putts (no 3 putts :lol: )

Nice fun round.

Played pacific golf course sunday morning.

Nice course but it was slow we made the turn in a 1 1/2hour but had to wait on the tee for 5 groups of comp to tee off. Lucky it was a $BB other wise I would have walked.

Had a very average day, off the whites, working on game changes

95 (52/43). including a 6 and 5 on par 3s :shock: :? :oops: had a 8 on a par with 2 OBs :roll:
6 fairways another 5 within a foot of the fairway
5 GIR, only 3 from a fairway.

39 putts (6x3 putts all bogeys :shock: the ball breaks a mile on those greens)

Looks like the irons and putting still need more work. :wink: