12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker
14. Daley Cherry-Evans
15. Matt Gillett
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Ben Hannant

TheNuclearOne
6th May 2013, 03:17 PM
Swap Tate for Chambers and Shillington for Kennedy and you'll be very close. Harrison will be there as well if fit as expected.

sms316
6th May 2013, 03:19 PM
They're all ****s. I hope they all have heart attacks (especially Hodges).

Sydney Hacker
6th May 2013, 03:21 PM

I would wish the same back at the NSW Tosspots but the evidence from the last 7 years suggest a heart attack is beyond them...

rowey
6th May 2013, 03:23 PM
Swap Tate for Chambers and Shillington for Kennedy and you'll be very close. Harrison will be there as well if fit as expected.

I did think about Tate but thought they may go the younger option, but they are both playing pretty good footy & Shillington & Harrison would come into contention if fit.

sms316
6th May 2013, 03:24 PM
I would wish the same back at the NSW Tosspots but the evidence from the last 7 years suggest a heart attack is beyond them...
That hurts.

Worst part is that when we finally win a series you smug bastards in Qld will throw out a line like "we had to give you one". Arrogant pricks.

rowey
6th May 2013, 03:25 PM

If the other mob find some hearts they may be competative

popper81
6th May 2013, 03:33 PM
Rowey, no Ben Hannant??? Really?

Jarro
6th May 2013, 03:38 PM

This.

Worst part is that when we finally win a series you smug bastards in Qld will throw out a line like "we had to give you one".

Well it's true. The more we win the closer we are to a loss.

Sydney Hacker
6th May 2013, 03:41 PM
That hurts.

Worst part is that when we finally win a series you smug bastards in Qld will throw out a line like "we had to give you one". Arrogant pricks.

One of the things that annoys me most about my life is that my son was born in NSW. Thankfully there has not been a NSW series win in that time so I have not had to worry too much about it!

TheNuclearOne
6th May 2013, 03:42 PM
I did think about Tate but thought they may go the younger option, but they are both playing pretty good footy & Shillington & Harrison would come into contention if fit.

QLD selectors are loyal above all else. All three will be automatic inclusions if fit imo. All three played excellent last year.

TheNuclearOne
6th May 2013, 03:43 PM
Rowey, no Ben Hannant??? Really?

Better look again.

JADO75
6th May 2013, 03:50 PM
No Kennedy & Myles at prop, Tate also in for Chambers.

rowey
6th May 2013, 03:53 PM
QLD selectors are loyal above all else. All three will be automatic inclusions if fit imo. All three played excellent last year.

Mate both Shillington & Harrison are listed to still be about 2wks away, they may be a bit short on game time, but QLD have been loyal & it wouldnt surprise if they are picked & they wouldn't let anyone down

popper81
6th May 2013, 03:59 PM
Better look again.

Weird.. Tapatalk is only listing 16 players. Full version has Hannant @ 17.

My apologies Rowey.

rowey
6th May 2013, 04:02 PM
Weird.. Tapatalk is only listing 16 players. Full version has Hannant @ 17.

My apologies Rowey.

No probs

PerryGroves
6th May 2013, 04:05 PM
One of the things that annoys me most about my life is that my son was born in NSW. Thankfully there has not been a NSW series win in that time so I have not had to worry too much about it!

Why would that be bad, certainly doesn't prevent him playing for Qld.

Sydney Hacker
6th May 2013, 04:11 PM
Why would that be bad, certainly doesn't prevent him playing for Qld.

Yes, but unfortunately deep down I know the truth about the little blue bag...

PeteyD
6th May 2013, 04:21 PM
This.

Well it's true. The more we win the closer we are to a loss.

Rubbish. No reason we can't win 10 in a row. Each series is it's own, doesn't depend on the previous series at all.

PerryGroves
6th May 2013, 04:44 PM
Yes, but unfortunately deep down I know the truth about the little blue bag...

He may not be a complete Qlder, at least he may not be tempted to utter the following phrases:

"It's God's country there", in a useless attempt to convince someone from a bigger place that the smaller place is in some way better.
"Go Broncos". Enough said
Enter into some useless conversation about Qld property prices and why they should be higher, some reference to point one is appropriate here.
"4 pots of XXXX"

Having been forced to work amongst the brain dead from the north, like Kiwis and the Irish, Qlders bang on endlessly about how good it is at home. The one thing they won't do is live there.

Trying to bring some hate for origin, unfortunately at the moment, i just don't care.

BGH
6th May 2013, 04:52 PM
I would never had said this at this time last year, but I almost think Gillett deserves a starting spot based on form this year. Has been the best Bronco player of the year IMO.

Has really worked hard to cut out the stupid missed tackles and poor ball-security that hurt him last year.

Courty
6th May 2013, 04:54 PM
Drop Parker for Harrison. I'm not sold on Chambers, wouldn't Dane Nielsen be more likely? Has Chambers been part of the 'Emerging Origin Players' camps?

JADO75
6th May 2013, 05:15 PM
I would never had said this at this time last year, but I almost think Gillett deserves a starting spot based on form this year. Has been the best Bronco player of the year IMO.

Has really worked hard to cut out the stupid missed tackles and poor ball-security that hurt him last year.

I'd start him too, also why I'd go with Myles at prop

Jarro
6th May 2013, 05:34 PM
Rubbish. No reason we can't win 10 in a row. Each series is it's own, doesn't depend on the previous series at all.

Oh i agree .... 10 in a row is far from unreachable.

We must be closer to losing a series though mustn't we ?

mike
6th May 2013, 05:38 PM
wte

rowey
6th May 2013, 06:39 PM
Drop Parker for Harrison. I'm not sold on Chambers, wouldn't Dane Nielsen be more likely? Has Chambers been part of the 'Emerging Origin Players' camps?

IMO Parker does a bit more work than Harrison & Chambers has been in the Emerging Origin Squad

PeteyD
6th May 2013, 06:41 PM
Oh i agree .... 10 in a row is far from unreachable.

We must be closer to losing a series though mustn't we ?

You are assuming we can lose a series.

rowey
6th May 2013, 06:44 PM
They could even look at Aiden Sezer or Justin O'Neil

Jarro
6th May 2013, 06:48 PM
You are assuming we can lose a series.

I know it sounds crazy, but yes ... i believe it can still happen ;)

TheNuclearOne
6th May 2013, 06:48 PM
O'Neil had a shocker on the weekend.

Jarro
6th May 2013, 06:50 PM
O'Neil had a shocker on the weekend.

Ferguson made him look very ordinary :roll:

Peter
6th May 2013, 07:21 PM
You might think you're closer to a loss, but an objective look at the relative talent across the teams suggests that this will be an easy QLD series win. There is just too much of a gap at the key positions (halves, hooker and fullback). Throw in GI in the form he is in and it could be messy.

IamViva
6th May 2013, 07:27 PM
and sezer is a blue...

i think the squad will be something like this - tate in for chambers, myles to prop, thaiday into 2nd row from the bench. parker back to bench for harrison who will be fit to play. i wouldnt be at all suprised if taylor still makes the team, if that was the case i reckon gillet would be used as a utility and cherry-evans gets dropped. i seriously hope that doesnt happen but as i said wouldnt suprise me due to the whole "loyalty" thing

TheNuclearOne
6th May 2013, 09:19 PM
You might think you're closer to a loss, but an objective look at the relative talent across the teams suggests that this will be an easy QLD series win. There is just too much of a gap at the key positions (halves, hooker and fullback). Throw in GI in the form he is in and it could be messy.

If one things for certain Origins are never played on paper. Things are no more in our favour than last year. Two at Sydney, Farrah finally stepping up and playing great footy in Origin, a sensational back row etc. Should be a great series.

Jarro
7th May 2013, 03:35 AM
I thought it was our turn to have two home games this year ?

Peter
7th May 2013, 06:53 AM
We stole it for some reason.

TNO, in the early days that was certainly true but I think over the past decade or so the better side on paper has typically also won the series.

sms316
7th May 2013, 07:08 AM
I thought it was our turn to have two home games this year ? Melbourne don't have any available venues.

CobraSS
7th May 2013, 08:12 AM

We will start loosing when Cronk, Thurston, Hodges, Slater and Smith who are all roughly the same age, retire at about the same time.

PeteyD
7th May 2013, 08:31 AM
That is the most likely outcome.

rowey
7th May 2013, 08:39 AM
and sezer is a blue...

i think the squad will be something like this - tate in for chambers, myles to prop, thaiday into 2nd row from the bench. parker back to bench for harrison who will be fit to play. i wouldnt be at all suprised if taylor still makes the team, if that was the case i reckon gillet would be used as a utility and cherry-evans gets dropped. i seriously hope that doesnt happen but as i said wouldnt suprise me due to the whole "loyalty" thing

Sorry thought I read some where that Sezer could play for QLD

rowey
7th May 2013, 08:41 AM
I thought it was our turn to have two home games this year ?

Jarro that was supposed to be the case, but they had a sook & said that NSW will have the 2 games this year then I think QLD will get 2 the year after then 1each the following & 1 in Melbourne

Sydney Hacker
7th May 2013, 08:52 AM
He may not be a complete Qlder, at least he may not be tempted to utter the following phrases:

"It's God's country there", in a useless attempt to convince someone from a bigger place that the smaller place is in some way better.
"Go Broncos". Enough said
Enter into some useless conversation about Qld property prices and why they should be higher, some reference to point one is appropriate here.
"4 pots of XXXX"

Having been forced to work amongst the brain dead from the north, like Kiwis and the Irish, Qlders bang on endlessly about how good it is at home. The one thing they won't do is live there.

Trying to bring some hate for origin, unfortunately at the moment, i just don't care.

That is a fairly typical response I get from the Roaches at work here these days. I guess when they have been beaten into submission (with no heart to start with) that is the easy out for them to take.

In regards to the topics above it, I can appreciate Sydney for what it is. The potential to be an absolutely fantastic city, which is unfortunately bogged down with poor transport and far too many locals living in it. It is a very attractive city though (for the most part) with great weather for the majority of the year.

Daves
7th May 2013, 09:02 AM
That is a fairly typical response I get from the Roaches at work here these days. I guess when they have been beaten into submission (with no heart to start with) that is the easy out for them to take.

In regards to the topics above it, I can appreciate Sydney for what it is. The potential to be an absolutely fantastic city, which is unfortunately bogged down with poor transport and far too many locals living in it. It is a very attractive city though (for the most part) with great weather for the majority of the year.

^ this

I love Sydney the City, too bad about the Shitty people that live in it. If you want to join the Rat Race it is the place to be though.

PeteyD
7th May 2013, 09:21 AM
The harbour and beaches make it one of the prettiest cities around. The Rat Race is not so pretty though.

TheNuclearOne
7th May 2013, 04:22 PM
We stole it for some reason.

TNO, in the early days that was certainly true but I think over the past decade or so the better side on paper has typically also won the series.

Fair call, QLD has had an awesome team on paper the last 7 years and NSW was strong prior. Doesn't make me less nervouds about this year tho, it'll be very hard fought.

dc68
7th May 2013, 09:45 PM
Rowey can you please edit the poor speeling in the title? It's bugging me.

rowey
7th May 2013, 09:50 PM
Rowey can you please edit the poor speeling in the title? It's bugging me.

And where would that be

TheNuclearOne
7th May 2013, 09:58 PM
Possibly somewhere around the "you".

rowey
7th May 2013, 10:05 PM
Possibly somewhere around the "you".

WOW.........so we are all spell check experts now, hope you advise everyone that they have made a spelling mistake from now on.........:roll:

TheNuclearOne
7th May 2013, 10:10 PM
Don't turn it around on me and shoot the messenger, was just helping!!!

dc68
7th May 2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks Rowey.

rowey
7th May 2013, 10:13 PM
Don't turn it around on me and shoot the messenger, was just helping!!!

Sorry TNO, was not meaning it to you, clicked wrong thread.........

TheNuclearOne
7th May 2013, 10:14 PM
Phew, cheers mate.

rowey
7th May 2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks Rowey.

Glad u r happy now..........

PerryGroves
8th May 2013, 08:07 AM

SH, to be fair (on us older Blues), we had the premiership before we had Origin, I remember every year that Manly won, ask me who won Origin in 1987, I would have no idea (or care)

I certainly do know that NSW haven't won since..........again I don't actually know. Origin has always meant more to Qlders, little guy beats big guy, chip on the shoulder about perceived (or actual) injustices, robbing Qld of their players, you know all the crap that gets spouted every year.

Origin means stuff all to me, is it enoyable each year, sure, but a Manly premeiership, that means something.

Sydney Hacker
8th May 2013, 08:18 AM

SH, to be fair (on us older Blues), we had the premiership before we had Origin, I remember every year that Manly won, ask me who won Origin in 1987, I would have no idea (or care)

I certainly do know that NSW haven't won since..........again I don't actually know. Origin has always meant more to Qlders, little guy beats big guy, chip on the shoulder about perceived (or actual) injustices, robbing Qld of their players, you know all the crap that gets spouted every year.

Origin means stuff all to me, is it enoyable each year, sure, but a Manly premeiership, that means something.

That's fair enough, but just for the record Qld won that series 2-1 (unless you count the LA game which the Roaches won)... From memory the series was decided after Qld's best player Barry Gommersal awarded a penalty and Dale Shearer kicked the penalty goal for a 2 point win ;)

PerryGroves
8th May 2013, 08:38 AM
I remember being at a game at Lang Park, sitting on the concrete, the Grasshopper walked past and almost to a man everyone got on their knees to give praise to the man that delivered them so much Origin success.:D

Could play D.Shearer.

backintheswing
8th May 2013, 08:51 AM
I went to school with D. Shearer. You should have seen him play cricket. 100's were the order of the day.

Our first XIII had shearer and bella in it. In later years we had wendell and Brett Dallas. My brother helped coached that side.

KristianJ
8th May 2013, 08:55 AM
speeling . kthxbye. ;)

sms316
8th May 2013, 08:55 AM
Isn't Shearer in jail these days?

Sydney Hacker
8th May 2013, 09:12 AM
I remember being at a game at Lang Park, sitting on the concrete, the Grasshopper walked past and almost to a man everyone got on their knees to give praise to the man that delivered them so much Origin success.:DCould play D.Shearer.The Grasshopper should have a bronze statue out the front of Lang Park, he did just as much for Qld's success in the early years as The King!Dale Shearer was very very good, I would guess you have a soft (maybe hard?) spot for him from his Manly years?

backintheswing
8th May 2013, 10:37 AM
Isn't Shearer in jail these days?

No I don't think he is. Pretty sure he declared bankruptcy after defaulting on loan repayment to Adrian Lam. Then he had the car crash running from the cops in Noosa.

All this after his wife, Delyse, died of cancer in her 30's.

mike
8th May 2013, 10:42 AM
Trying to bring some hate for origin, unfortunately at the moment, i just don't care.SH, to be fair (on us older Blues), we had the premiership before we had Origin, I remember every year that Manly won, ask me who won Origin in 1987, I would have no idea (or care)I certainly do know that NSW haven't won since..........again I don't actually know. Origin has always meant more to Qlders, little guy beats big guy, chip on the shoulder about perceived (or actual) injustices, robbing Qld of their players, you know all the crap that gets spouted every year. Origin means stuff all to me, is it enoyable each year, sure, but a Manly premeiership, that means something.Brilliant. My thoughts exactly. I might use this as my sig.

rowey
8th May 2013, 10:42 AM
No I don't think he is. Pretty sure he declared bankruptcy after defaulting on loan repayment to Adrian Lam. Then he had the car crash running from the cops in Noosa.

All this after his wife, Delyse, died of cancer in her 30's.

Pretty sure he is still living in the Sunshine Coast area, he played in the Masters comp the last few years. He was still calling the QLD coach informing them he was available to play if they needed him a few years back.

mike
8th May 2013, 10:44 AM
Rowdy was a great player.

Jarro
8th May 2013, 05:52 PM
A few injuries for the Bloos to worry about.

Stewart would've been fullback wouldn't he ?

TheNuclearOne
8th May 2013, 06:10 PM
A few injuries for the Bloos to worry about.

Stewart would've been fullback wouldn't he ?

Daley said a couple of weeks ago Stewart was fullback. A mate caught some show or something with him. He also said Hayne and Morris would be the opening game wingers but Merritt might get a go later depending on how the series went. He said Pearce WAS going to be halfback.

Word today was Hayne would move to the back. I hope it's right, his lack of intensity, grit and pure determination will bode well for us. He can get caught out at the back by top class playmakers. There's a reason Stuart went to great lengths not to play him at the back. Pretty sure he actually said he didn't consider fullback to be his position.

Peter
8th May 2013, 07:10 PM
Stewart has never fully recovered and probably isn't even one of the best 5 fullbacks in the game.

Jarro
8th May 2013, 07:12 PM
Peter, who would you pick as your back 3 for Origin ?

Courty
8th May 2013, 07:26 PM
Stewart has never fully recovered and probably isn't even one of the best 5 fullbacks in the game.

I agree, he's overrated IMO.

rowey
8th May 2013, 10:04 PM
WOW.....there seems to be a few posts short in this thread, what has happened

mike
9th May 2013, 12:05 AM
I agree, he's overrated IMO.Brett Stewart overrated?

Um, I don't think so.

Peter
9th May 2013, 07:06 AM
Mike, he was a gun. I just don't think he's made it back to full speed / agility and those were the two key strengths of his game.

Jarro, not sure mate. If Morris is out I guess we end up with Hayne, Uate and Merritt. This combination doesn't fill me with confidence - a guy who can go missing, a guy who sometimes can't catch or tackle, and a rookie who is a slick finisher but probably won't help you get out of your own end when things are a bit tough.

I would almost be tempted to take Hayne, Taufua and Ferguson if Morris is out.

sms316
9th May 2013, 07:18 AM
I'd rather put Minichello at the back with Hayne and Uate on the wings.

PerryGroves
9th May 2013, 07:43 AM

Sadly, I don't think this is far from the truth, just hasn't been at his best the last couple of seasons, seems to have lost a yard of pace.

Forget the sook from Parramatta, he can't perform at club level, sure there is some remote possibility he does it at Origin but unlikely.

Bit left field but I would like to see them pick Michael Gordon.

Courty
9th May 2013, 04:06 PM
I agree, Hayne is too much of an unknown.

I think, despite showing poor judgement who he drinks Breezers with, they could do a lot worse than Blake Ferguson on the wing.

JADO75
9th May 2013, 04:22 PM
Ferguson can definitely win you a game but he can just as easily loose you one too. Gordon for mine at fullback, love the way this bloke pushes up through the middle in support, Hayne doesn't do it enough. Merritt & Hayne on the wing. I know they'll pick Gidley on the bench but I'd love to see Josh Reynolds as a back up hooker/half.

Jarro
9th May 2013, 04:48 PM
I think you guys are best served by having Hayne at fullback.

He can win you a game no doubt, but he also makes it hard to put a game plan in place with him at the back as he doesn't play a regular fullbacks game.

Merrit should be one of your wingers.

TheNuclearOne
9th May 2013, 05:34 PM
Bit left field but I would like to see them pick Michael Gordon.

Totally agree.

Stewarts not the player he was but he had a fine series last year and is a very safe and dependable fullback at Origin level. Actually i think he was even better than that last year. Still very dangerous imo with the benefit of being reliable as well.