PDA

View Full Version : Maryborough GC, Boxing Day (Monday, Dec 26), 10:37a

BrisWesty
29th November 2005, 11:14 PM
Anyone up for a game?

If so, let me know and I'll see what can be organised.

Jarro
30th November 2005, 05:57 AM
sorry mate but i'm heading south to Ocean Shores.

I would love to play M/HB sometime in the near future though, i spoke with prmeier/Ros about this at the champs about how it would be good to get a few Ozgolfers up there to play their home track 8)

AndyP
30th November 2005, 09:55 AM
Anyone up for a game?

I'll be based in Mooloolaba from the 23rd to the 27th, so I am interested to a certain extent.
Wavemaker is a member at Maryborough, so he may be interested in a hit too.

Davemason
1st December 2005, 08:47 PM
I'd be happy to come down for a hit at Hervey Bay on boxing day

BrisWesty
4th December 2005, 05:46 PM
I've PMed Wavemaker to see if there's some interest from that end.

Davemason
4th December 2005, 07:26 PM
Anyone up for a game?

Are you down this way for the week or are you just coming down for a game?

As I'm only an hour away and will drive there for a game to play at Hervey Bay as it is a top course.

AndyP
4th December 2005, 07:38 PM
As I'm only an hour away and will drive there for a game to play at Hervey Bay as it is a top course.
But not Maryborough?

Davemason
4th December 2005, 07:44 PM
But not Maryborough?

M'borough is a good course but I like Hervey Bay GC better.

But hey I'll play were ever

wavemaker
5th December 2005, 09:25 AM
I'm up for it. Let me know what you want it to look like and I will do my best to get it sorted. Happy to arrange post game drinks and BBQ and swim at my place. We are 1 minutes drive from the course. I am not particularly keen on the H/B option but will help tee it up if that is what you want.

Davemason
5th December 2005, 12:20 PM
I'm easy either way
What ever BrisWesty want to do is fine by me.

BrisWesty
5th December 2005, 06:50 PM
Let's do Maryborough on Boxing Day.

Dave, I'm at Hervey Bay for most of the week, doing the Christmas thing with family.

Jarro
5th December 2005, 06:58 PM
Maryborough on Boxing Day ........ :-k

Davemason
5th December 2005, 07:06 PM
Cool I'll be there on Boxing day then
Lets make this thing happen

AndyP
5th December 2005, 07:07 PM
Maryborough on Boxing Day ........ :-k
Hmmmm, indeed.
Would an offer of sharing the cost of petrol with me, and possibly my brother, (if you can get yourself to the Sunshine Coast), sweeten the deal, jarro?

Jarro
5th December 2005, 07:16 PM
could do AndyP ...

..i'll have to check the family's X-mas schedule first, i might have to make an appearance at the Gold Coast sometime over Chrissy break :roll:

AndyP
5th December 2005, 07:17 PM
Westy, I took it upon myself to edit your initial post heading and add a registration box. (I like to see what I have committed to via the coloured dots in the 1st tee forum)

wavemaker
5th December 2005, 11:34 PM
Well Dave, we did this last year, is this the start of a tradition? For the travellers there is tent or matress space here, maybe the H/B option for the following day!!!!!

BrisWesty
6th December 2005, 08:09 AM
I'm in. Shall we make it a mid morning or afternoon event? Afternoon may allow those who have over indulged for breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner the day before to get over it.

Jarro
6th December 2005, 08:47 AM
if it's going to be an early tee-off then i'll pull out now. I'm going to be driving up on the morning, so obviously couldn't make it if it was an early hitoff.

wavemaker
6th December 2005, 11:11 AM
I'm easy, if it means we get more starters and a bit more recovery time then go for a late start.

AndyP
6th December 2005, 01:27 PM
I'm in and my brother Shane (non-AGU) will play too. It will be just a day trip for us, so a mid-morning round will probably suit, ensuring we leave and arrive home at sensible hours.

Davemason
6th December 2005, 06:04 PM
For me early to mid-morning would suit me as I've got to drive back to Bundy and pack as I'm driving to B'bane to flying to Sydney the next day.

But as wavey said if it is a more suitable time for more plays than I'm easy

AndyP
6th December 2005, 06:08 PM
Sounds like mid-morning is the most suitable time of day.

This is just a social round, not comp, right?
What are the green fees for visitors (although I get 1/2 price for reciprical)?

Jarro
6th December 2005, 06:18 PM
i get reciprocal rights as well ..... 8)

is the offer of a lift from the sunny coast still on AndyP :?:

wavemaker
6th December 2005, 08:44 PM
I'll get that info for you tomorrow.

AndyP
6th December 2005, 09:56 PM
is the offer of a lift from the sunny coast still on AndyP :?:
Still plenty of room in the car at this stage.

wavemaker
8th December 2005, 10:45 AM
Fees are $16.50 as guest of a member, {me}, $13 as guest of member and reciprocity. Regular green fees are$22. Still plenty of Tee times. I checked the book yesterday and ther was only 1 slot taken.

AndyP
8th December 2005, 11:11 AM
Fees are $16.50 as guest of a member, {me}, $13 as guest of member and reciprocity. Regular green fees are$22. Still plenty of Tee times. I checked the book yesterday and ther was only 1 slot taken.
Hard to complain about those fees. 8)

Jarro
8th December 2005, 11:18 AM
i'm out for this one guys.

Have a good one :smt023

wavemaker
8th December 2005, 02:31 PM
G69, is he a tall bloke, there is a Craig at the club, not sure of his last name.
Too bad Jarro, see you next time.

prmeier
8th December 2005, 11:10 PM
You big wuss Jarro. I bet you heard how many trees there are at Maryborough.

Missus and I will be there.

Maryboroughs a great course. Quite tight so helps to be a straight hitter but also quite short so can be torn up by the big hitters.

Jarro
9th December 2005, 08:25 AM

prmeier wrote :

You big wuss Jarro

sorry guys .. i didn't know i was in such demand :oops:

Hopefully we can arrange another game in the new year and i'll be able to make that 8)

shudup Trung

prmeier
9th December 2005, 10:35 AM

prmeier wrote :

You big wuss Jarro

sorry guys .. i didn't know i was in such demand  :oops:

Hopefully we can arrange another game in the new year and i'll be able to make that  8)

shudup Trung

It's not so much you're in demand Jarro, just that everyone likes to know there is someone they can beat. 8)

Jarro
9th December 2005, 10:58 AM

prmeier wrote :

You big wuss Jarro

Hopefully we can arrange another game in the new year and i'll be able to make that  8)

shudup Trung

It's not so much you're in demand Jarro, just that everyone likes to know there is someone they can beat. 8)

that's what i thought :(

Pete, let me know if Ros ever wants to get rid of those Srixon blades of hers, they are one nice looking club :wink:

She probably wont though 'cos she hit them really well at CTH 8)

wavemaker
9th December 2005, 06:52 PM
Hey If you want someone to beat, play me. I played worse today than this time last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

prmeier
10th December 2005, 10:50 AM

prmeier wrote :

You big wuss Jarro

shudup Trung

that's what i thought  :(

Pete, let me know if Ros ever wants to get rid of those Srixon blades of hers, they are one nice looking club  :wink:

She probably wont though 'cos she hit them really well at CTH  8)

Not a chance mate. She loves those irons. Never a used a set of irons that spin the ball so much. I was shredding Pro V1's with the 7 iron.

markTHEblake
10th December 2005, 04:27 PM
gee i just thought, - I am arranging finance for two properties in Maryborough at the moment (seems to be a popular place to invest right now) and have a prospect for a 3rd.

Might get Costello to pay for the trip - Wavey I'd be needing a tax invoice on that mattress.

wavemaker
11th December 2005, 10:01 AM
Too Fekkin easy Blakey. You are right about the investment going on here. Every second house is either on the market, just sold or under restoration. We are going to buy at least 1 more place here.

markTHEblake
11th December 2005, 10:13 AM
everything sounds too easy in principle.

just checked my diary.25th and 27th is booked out solid. stuff going up there and back in one day.

was a nice idea but i wouldnt go there unless i had 3 days spare, maybe later in the month.

BrisWesty
12th December 2005, 07:52 AM
wavemaker, it looks like we've got 7 people at the moment (if TestAndy P is actually a person).  
How shall we do this?  I'm happy to phone Maryborough and organise this, but alternatively would you be able to set us up for 2 groups at about 10am.  That should give our longer distance travellers a chance to arrive and practice a little without having to wake up at dark o'clock.

wavemaker
12th December 2005, 08:11 AM
No wuckers Westy, I am going up to play in about 10 mins. I'll check the sheet and mark us in. If you play as guests you save a few bucks for beer.

BrisWesty
12th December 2005, 08:39 AM
Sounds good wavemaker. Thanks for that.

AndyP
12th December 2005, 09:54 AM
if TestAndyP is actually a person
I used this login to register my brother, Shane. So there is 7.

wavemaker
15th December 2005, 07:28 PM
I have booked 10.37 and 10.42. There are no other players on the book yet so if those times are not good let me know and I will change them. Does any one want a cart? Let me know and I will reserve them. It will be hot!

AndyP
16th December 2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks for booking, Wavey, those times are fine for me. I'm happy to walk thanks.

3oneday
16th December 2005, 11:11 AM
Nah, not worth posting in this one Miro !!!!! :roll:

:lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
16th December 2005, 11:40 AM
Nah, not worth posting in this one Miro !!!!! :roll:

:lol:  :lol:

touche' :wink:

BrisWesty
20th December 2005, 06:07 PM
I'm happy to walk too.

prmeier
22nd December 2005, 10:01 AM
Sorry guys. Ros and I are out. Just found out the Outlaws :evil: are coming to visit on Boxing Day :cry: . Have to try again later.

andylo
22nd December 2005, 10:13 AM
Can I join?

AndyP
22nd December 2005, 10:20 AM
Sorry guys. Ros and I are out. Just found out the Outlaws :evil:  are coming to visit on Boxing Day :cry: . Have to try again later.
Bummer guys. I was looking forward to mixing with you, after not getting the opportunity at the Champs.

Maybe this Coral Cove day that Davemason is lining up...

prmeier
22nd December 2005, 02:47 PM
Sorry guys. Ros and I are out. Just found out the Outlaws :evil:  are coming to visit on Boxing Day :cry: . Have to try again later.
Bummer guys.  I was looking forward to mixing with you, after not getting the opportunity at the Champs.

Maybe this Coral Cove day that Davemason is lining up...

Sorry AndyP. We were both looking forward to it as well. Ros is getting some new fairway woods for Xmas so was eager to give them a go.

Coral Cove sounds great. Have played there a few times and really enjoyed it. Will keep an eye out for that one.

wavemaker
22nd December 2005, 03:39 PM
Of course you can Andylo, more than welcome. Sorry you cant make it prmeier. but the course wont go away, do it some other time.

andylo
22nd December 2005, 03:59 PM
Of course you can Andylo, more than welcome. Sorry you cant make it prmeier. but the course wont go away, do it some other time.

Thank you. See you on Monday then :)

AndyP
25th December 2005, 04:10 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow...sort of. The potential weather and long drive is a little off-putting, but it will be good to play with a couple of OZgolfers I haven't had a hit with before (a rarity for me).

Looks like I will be driving A-Lo up there too.

See y'all tomorrow.

Davemason
25th December 2005, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow...sort of.  The potential weather and long drive is a little off-putting, but it will be good to play with a couple of OZgolfers I haven't had a hit with before (a rarity for me).

Looks like I will be driving A-Lo up there too.

See y'all tomorrow.

Yes it will be good to play with you again Andy, I hope you and Alo get there in one piece.

As for the weather here in Bundy it was hot most of the day and very blowy in the arvo hope both will die off by tomorrow.

Ps to wavey do they have showers at the clubhouse?

wavemaker
26th December 2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah dave, pretty rudimentary but they are there.

wavemaker
26th December 2005, 03:29 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it, last minute changes from visitors meant I would have left my lovely home alone on Boxing day. That was never going to work!

Jarro
26th December 2005, 10:24 PM
scores :? :wink:

Davemason
27th December 2005, 08:58 AM
All I know is that it was hot How hot very hot but not the golf ended up with 32pts.

It was good to catch up with AndyP & AndyLo plus to meet BrisWesty and AndyPs brother

AndyP
27th December 2005, 01:08 PM
Great to have a round at a course I haven't played before. And it was good to have a round with BrisWesty, and play with Dave and A-Lo again. Although it was disappointing to miss Wavey while we were up there.

Luckily the group let us hit off as a 5, and have 4 of us play in a comp plus a social player as well. They were quite flexible.

Weather was very hot at times, but I think these OZgolf shirts are great and I don't suffer as much as others. However there were times when it was overcast and a breeze passed through the place.

BrisWesty hit big consistent drives all day, it got a bit boring after a while. Solid player.
Davemason is very hard on himself, I thought he was going to have a much worse score the way he was berating himself, although he was struggling with the flat stick.
A-Lo sickens me the way he can be playing absolutely crap (couldn't even get the ball off the ground), then shoots birdie (4pts), par (4pts), par (3pts), to pick up 11pts in 3 holes.
My brother Shane, well...he had a tough day of it. He can play better, but he alternated between snaphooks and big right pushes, which makes it hard to stay out of trouble.

Scores:
AndyP 15-21-36pts
BrisWesty 19-17-36pts
andylo 19-17-36pts
Davemason 16-16-32pts

Non-ozgolfer
Shane 13-9-22pts (Only social and wasn't in comp, so picked up quite often. Played off 27.)

Unfortunately they couldn't check my golflink handicap for me. On Saturday, I played over my handicap when I was on 12.4, so I expected to be off 12.5 -> 13. However, it hadn't been updated when I last checked (It has been now). I initially scored as if I was off 13 (16-21-37pts), but to avoid being DQ'd, I changed it to a 12 before handing the card in. :(

andylo
29th December 2005, 09:56 AM
By the way, nice to meet you BrisWesty ;) Looking forward to play with you again :D

BrisWesty
30th December 2005, 08:43 PM
Hi all, back from Maryborough & Hervey Bay.

wavemaker, we tried to call you after our 5.25 hour round (about 3:30pm) but no-one answered. I think we ended up calling through 3 groups through for the day.

You want scores, you got 'em

AndyLo - 36 pts
AndyP - 36 pts (almost 37pts but he was honest enough to check Golflink after the round, which said he was off 12 instead of 13)
BrisWesty - 36 pts
davemason - 32 pts
AndyP's brother (I'm not sure)

AndyLo was slow out of the blocks with 4 one pointers in a row, but finished the front nine birdie par par for 11 points on those 3 holes and 19 overall.
BrisWesty started a little slowly but then crunched a big drive down 4 and he was away. The 36 points came courtesy of only 25 putts for the round. Left a lot of balls just on the fringe for easy lay ups and tap ins.
AndyP left a lot of shots out there. He struggled with the greens and lost count of the number of times he lipped out. (Andy, it was actually about 7). He came home in 20 points.
davemason was consistent without bothering the scorers as much as he deserved.

Highlight hole - the 17th hole "Wrecker" - Par 3 about 170m, everyone on or about the green. Even AndyP's brother was on (then off the back). davemason and BW 2 putted for par, Andy Lo got up and down for par, then AndyP rolled in a downhill breaking putt from about 3.5m for birdie (4pts). Damn, we're good. Pity about the rest of the holes hey guys?

Both Andys won nearest the pins for 2balls x $5. Guys, I got you a ball each. AndyLo, you were using a B330, and AndyP, I think you were using a Precept U-Tri Tour? I grabbed a single extra ball with the remainder of your "$10" that the 2 Andys can play off for the next time.

A really good day's company, sorry the weather was so hot, and that wavemaker was grounded and couldn't leave his house :wink:.

Looking forward to Caboolture on 2 Jan 2006!

davemason is still putting details together for Coral Cove.

AndyP
31st December 2005, 07:25 AM
Thanks for grabbing the balls for us BW. I'm sure I'll have no trouble winning the extra one from A-Lo.
You got the balls right, as well as plenty of other details in that report. You must retain information pretty well.

I can't believe they didn't have a NTP marker on the 17th, I would have got it for sure. And I only marked my name on the other NTP just in case, I didn't think 5m+ would win it. Probably a pretty small field.

I actually changed my handicap to 12 because I couldn't check it from Maryborough, and didn't want to be DQ'd. When I checked it the next morning it was 13, so I probably ripped myself off one shot.