PDA

View Full Version : brisbane fairways social club

bogeyville
2nd May 2013, 06:12 PM
Has anyone played with them? I am looking to join a social club that plays often on good courses, their schedule of games looks impressive, cheap rates on good courses too.

AndyP
2nd May 2013, 07:43 PM
Hmmmmm.

No.

Ferrins
2nd May 2013, 08:23 PM
Try the Somoan club, seem a friendly bunch.

bogeyville
2nd May 2013, 09:30 PM
What do you mean somoan club? Your taking the piss aren't you?
So is this why this place has a poor quantity if New topics?
Someone new comes along and you tell them to piss off? Ok you win only registered cause it looked like a good robust place to discuss golf, but I just see in the names that 39 for 9 says banned Do you ban ppl who don't agree with the establishment, no wonder there are hardly any ppl here. Bye now

Ferrins
2nd May 2013, 09:36 PM
Does Brisbane Fairways Social Club play any rounds at Royal Queensland? Do they have reciprocity with other social clubs?

Lobsta
2nd May 2013, 09:53 PM
You're such a bully ferret.

markTHEblake
2nd May 2013, 10:17 PM
but I just see in the names that 39 for 9 says banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shk8HawnCTs

Ferrins
2nd May 2013, 10:49 PM
I just checked out the website for BFSC and I was impressed. If Sunday social golf blew up my balloon then I would give them a go. They do indeed have some good tracks on their fixture list.

Marto65
3rd May 2013, 05:11 AM
It's too late to give him a non-Samoan Club reply now Ferrins. I can see infraction points coming your way, you big bully.

Bogeyville. Have you had a look at the Spanish Social Golf Club?

Ferrins
3rd May 2013, 05:26 AM
If I get banned then I'll have more time to finish building the boat;)

AndyP
3rd May 2013, 06:51 AM
What do you mean somoan club? Your taking the piss aren't you?
So is this why this place has a poor quantity if New topics?
Someone new comes along and you tell them to piss off? Ok you win only registered cause it looked like a good robust place to discuss golf, but I just see in the names that 39 for 9 says banned Do you ban ppl who don't agree with the establishment, no wonder there are hardly any ppl here. Bye now
Cool story bro.

Hatchman
3rd May 2013, 09:46 AM
Had a bit of a look over the site. They should of left the word social out of their name as it can miss lead people into thinking it's a bunch of drunken yobbos playing golf.
Impressions I get from the site is that it's far from that and offers people the opportunity to get into the game a competitive level (playing comp) without forking out the high costs of club membership up front. I don't know anyone in the club or any thing else about them apart from what's written on the web site but it does look organised with a good selection of courses to play at good rates plus they've been a round for awhile.

We used to have a fair number of golf clubs in Adelaide that were a similar set up. They used to be called Group 4 clubs (not sure what they are classed as now). Group 4 clubs were golf clubs that were registered to the SAGA (South Australian Golf Association), had kept and played off official Australian Golf Union Handicaps but had no home course with club house that was theirs. Some played at the same venue every week and others like one I became a member of when I took the game up again when moved from the country to the city (S.A Public). We played at various places on a booking system much like Brisbane Fairways Social Golf, had about 50-60 members of which we had 25-35 play on a weekly basis. We had a yearly golf club membership of around $40 and paid green fees on the day (some at a discounted rates) plus our own comp fee. At one stage in Adelaide there were double the amount of Group 4 clubs registered with SAGA than there were Golf Clubs with courses in Adelaide. We always had a revolving door with members joining and leaving as most tended to join private clubs, myself included after a number of years.

If your looking at getting into the game to play comp without having to pay high membership costs, one of these clubs is worth it as a starting point. Just like any club you'll meet some great guys as well as some bellends.

A lot of courses wouldn't survive these days without these social group bookings paying green fees.

rubin
3rd May 2013, 09:57 AM
Cool story bro.

+1

golfbound
3rd May 2013, 10:10 AM
you can join QAGA from my link below if you like all games are tax deductible and we play some great course