PDA

View Full Version : What was your most enjoyable OZgolf round.

Ferrins
27th April 2013, 06:18 PM
Any particular round with OZgolfers come to mind?

sms316
27th April 2013, 06:27 PM
Nullabor Cup I.

Partially for having ringside seats watching the perennial favourite getting his arse handed to him by the biggest bandit in the country, but mainly for having pulls my finger out against the Canuck after 4 holes of shite. The last 14 holes would be comfortably the best ball striking round that that I have put up in an OZgolf event.

Actually, the whole week was pure awesomeness.

Webster
27th April 2013, 06:36 PM
Shep with SMS, Bruce and Zigwah was great fun, but really, every hit I've had with the Ozgolf crew has been great fun.

Minor_Threat
27th April 2013, 06:39 PM
Haven't played many, but shooting -6 (it might have been -7, cant remember?) around Newcastle GC with BrisVegas, would be the best!

Webster
27th April 2013, 06:42 PM
I haven't played with a bad Ozgolfer yet, but then again there's quite a few of you I haven't met yet!

sms316
27th April 2013, 06:44 PM
Shep with SMS, Bruce and Zigwah was great fun, but really, every hit I've had with the Ozgolf crew has been great fun. Almost nominated this, but it lost points for a near death experience when Zigwah's missus drove on the wrong side of a dirt road towards me.

Webster
27th April 2013, 06:47 PM
Cut her some slack SMS - she has a lot of shit to deal with.

LeftyHoges
27th April 2013, 06:49 PM
Confed V Union at Southern. ****in brilliant.

To dust off El Courto as Captain going 2 red around the back and watch LarryLong polish off Marto with some great consistent scoring was an absolute delight. Getting in and tallying up the scores to win by a single game was sweet after the side was dead after 9.

Captain Nemo
27th April 2013, 06:50 PM
Taking all the boys cash (although none for poneyed up) @ Cabramatta the other week then backing it up the wed after taking Virge, Blu and Stu's as well....
Last years final round of the Champs with Andy, Ferret and Virge was good fun too.

popper81
27th April 2013, 06:58 PM
I haven't played one that I haven't really enjoyed.... Although <20 points sharing a cart with Just in my first ever Ozgolf event was not very high on the enjoyment stakes.

Mine would be the first round of 2012 QLD champs around pelican with Shazza, Lefty & Marto. I know I laughed, a LOT. Great day & close to the most fun I have had on a golf course full stop.

Close second would be Sunday at Moonah in this years Vic champs. In a cart with Spud, & paired with Bruce & Andigold. Getting to play a course of this calibre with Bruce & Andi as my personal tour guides was truly awesome. I had a great day from the outset, and was reflected by my scores. Cheers boys, once again.

sms316
27th April 2013, 07:12 PM
Cut her some slack SMS - she has a lot of shit to deal with.This is true. He was crackers.

peter_rs
27th April 2013, 07:15 PM
Every round is fun but the road trips are always special

The following is just a few

1.any barny rounds

2.Pre champs 06 round at Nudgee
Won the b grade comp, and held two pins. Fun day with Dion, Jamie and dave. 45 Pts. first time under 80.

3.Vic champs at moonah with unit,Marto and benm. Surprised to play that well and be that lucky on a course I didn't know. Gamebook added to the challenge.

4.Friday matchplay at vic champs was a fun round against monsta65 the format works

5.the small social hits with friends instead of working.

6.any round with shazza 😁😘

Shadesy
27th April 2013, 07:19 PM
Haven't we had this thread before?

Nully cup, great golf, few beers, great course, great company, first ever 9 holes under par.

Hux
27th April 2013, 07:26 PM
The barny rounds were awesome.
However the pre champs round at PAC harbour was a tremendous laugh.

spanner039
27th April 2013, 07:36 PM
Yet to play a decent round but every round has been special

Courty, benm and a very excited popper at Kingswood . Courty, Kev and marto at st Andrews, peter_rs and kev at spring valley were all great fun.

There are plenty here I would like to play with (no homo) that will most never happen, isn't that what makes this so enjoyable?

Dotty
27th April 2013, 07:37 PM
ACT vs NSW Matchplay, Federal, October 2008.
Dotty vs Benno, Grunt vs 'Tourettes' and a wedding guest impersonating an 'Embarrassing Illnesses' doctor.

ps. And the three re-matches that have taken place since.

popper81
27th April 2013, 07:42 PM
Yet to play a decent round but every round has been special

Courty, benm and a very exited popper at Kingswood . Courty, Kev and marto at st Andrews, peter_rs and kev at spring valley were all great fun.

There are plenty here I would like to play with (no homo) that will most never happen, isn't that what makes this so enjoyable?

Hahaha... I was a little excited. Being from QLD, if you have a green that runs true it is enough for movement.

WBennett
27th April 2013, 07:50 PM
I haven't played with a bad Ozgolfer yet, but then again there's quite a few of you I haven't met yet!

I guess Judge Smails doesn't post here?

WBennett
27th April 2013, 07:54 PM
Confed V Union at Southern. ****in brilliant.

To dust off El Courto as Captain going 2 red around the back and watch LarryLong polish off Marto with some great consistent scoring was an absolute delight. Getting in and tallying up the scores to win by a single game was sweet after the side was dead after 9.

I turned five down after 9. If I have ever had more fun on a golf course ekeing out a half, I can't remember it.

But I remember a few things.

Iain is a champion bloke. He took everything with the greatest, most gracious persona ever. He deserves to win the Vic Champs, and I hope he comes back in 2014.
Andigold is a bandit. And he was a confederate

#confederatetilidie

#heypopper81awhereisthedrunkthread?

WBennett
27th April 2013, 07:56 PM
' and a wedding guest impersonating an 'Embarrassing Illnesses' doctor.

ps. And the three re-matches that have taken place since.

I wish I was his finger.

Dotty. Sydney 2013 Boxing day. You have 7 months notice...

dc68
27th April 2013, 08:10 PM
2.Pre champs 06 round at Nudgee
Won the b grade comp, and held two pins. Fun day with Dion, Jamie and dave. 45 Pts. first time under 80.

You were on fire that day!!!!!!

dc68
27th April 2013, 08:13 PM
Can't remember a bad one myself.... But then again there are a few I can't remember!!! ;)

Bruce
27th April 2013, 08:17 PM
I can't think of a bad experience playing with ozgolfers.

There have been a couple of memorable groups at Brooky including the famous photo.

peter_rs
27th April 2013, 08:28 PM
Iain is a champion bloke.

He is good value

mrbluu
27th April 2013, 08:34 PM
Taking all the boys cash (although none for poneyed up) @ Cabramatta the other week then backing it up the wed after taking Virge, Blu and Stu's as well....
Last years final round of the Champs with Andy, Ferret and Virge was good fun too.

I would blame the crappy organiser mate ;-)

I've had a couple of good rounds with Stu or Golfwhang, but I don't think I've played well with more than one ozgolf in the group, but have enjoyed every round. So far I've been lucky enough to play with (no homo) Golfwhang, monsta, Stu, Titty, Virge, Matty, Jado, TS, Stealth, liptout, Dangals, KJ, L4G, Anfieldred and rqrox.

I'm looking forward to play with a few more ozgolfers and hope I can make it up for the champs. I've also got an ongoing bet with Dangals to try to shoot handicap at each others home track.

markTHEblake
27th April 2013, 10:08 PM
My first one, played with three relatively unknowns around here, Nudgee, Gazgolf and Jarro.

dc68
28th April 2013, 07:25 PM
It's a wonder they stayed......

timah!
28th April 2013, 07:34 PM
I have to say Virge, Titty and Jono at Long Reef was pretty enjoyable !

Yossarian
28th April 2013, 07:40 PM
Any round with Donut has always been a blast.

FoxGolf
28th April 2013, 08:10 PM
Last years WAnkers summer cup. Unfortunately it's the only one I've played so far.

Hux
28th April 2013, 08:29 PM
Had a chance to reflect.
First round with Nudgee, NK and ?? at Gailes I thought I was going to wet myself - especially with the look on Jamies face when I asked him if he was South African....priceless.
Another standout was PW in the Champs with Jono, Just and Shavey - like many games with the Shave - I laugh that hard I forget why I am out there.

Ferrins
28th April 2013, 08:51 PM
Keep thinking of the game with PTP at Indro where Pete told the 12 year old junior playing with us to stop dropping the F bomb. Then on he next hole the kid was up him for talking during his pre shot routine.:)

Lucasto23
28th April 2013, 09:48 PM
one of my favorites was with Nudgee, Hux and Perci at Brooky. The sledging and general crap golf kept my very entertained.