PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Weekend chest beating - Booz Allen Classic

Fishman Dan
25th June 2004, 08:31 AM
Typically on Friday's we can look at the PGA Tour event and see which aussies are aligning themselves with the top of the leaderboard. Today we've got Adam Scott and Scott Hend weighing in at -5, with Badds.com 1 shot behind.

Question beckons though - are they going to be able to hold it through to Sunday? Scott Hend is certainly having a consistent year - he's been there, or thereabouts all season. Nice work Jarro ;)

McMw
25th June 2004, 08:34 AM
Question beckons though - are they going to be able to hold it through to Sunday?

NOPE!!!

hackin jim
25th June 2004, 10:50 AM
Watching/tracking the aussies can be the ultimate frustration. Get into a position then throw in one #-o round that rules them out of contention. With Apples, Popeye and Scotts vistories I was thinking this year might be different but the old illness seems to have crept back in.....would love to be proven wrong this weekend :smt023

Jarro
25th June 2004, 01:06 PM
Scott Hend is certainly having a consistent year - he's been there, or thereabouts all season. Nice work Jarro ;)

thanks Fishy.... he's getting there :wink:

Fishman Dan
25th June 2004, 02:29 PM
Scott Hend is certainly having a consistent year - he's been there, or thereabouts all season. Nice work Jarro ;)

thanks Fishy.... he's getting there :wink:

I guess if he only listened to you then he'd be even better off! :? :lol:

Golfgirl
25th June 2004, 06:24 PM
Watching/tracking the aussies can be the ultimate frustration. Get into a position then throw in one #-o round that rules them out of contention. With Apples, Popeye and Scotts vistories I was thinking this year might be different but the old illness seems to have crept back in.....would love to be proven wrong this weekend :smt023

Unfortunately, too true most weeks.... let's hope for a better result from our boys this week....

goughy
25th June 2004, 09:21 PM
Typically on Friday's we can look at the PGA Tour event and see which aussies are aligning themselves with the top of the leaderboard. Today we've got Adam Scott and Scott Hend weighing in at -5, with Badds.com 1 shot behind.

Question beckons though - are they going to be able to hold it through to Sunday? Scott Hend is certainly having a consistent year - he's been there, or thereabouts all season. Nice work Jarro ;)

Scott Hend will certainly gain a card for next year. But unfortunately I can't call his year consistant. He's missed 8 of 15 cuts. He's got a 3rd and a T14th. After that his best is a T44th, with the other 4 being about T60th. He may be having a consistanct year, but unfotunatley his 3rd place is the inconsistant game. Hopefully that will turn around for him. :D

Jarro
26th June 2004, 07:37 AM
well at least Adam Scott's back in some sort of form.

A 62 today sees him atop the leaderboard 8)

My main man Hendy is sitting nicely on -4 as well :wink:

goughy
26th June 2004, 07:40 AM
yeah jarro, but could have been so much better. He was -5 yesterday.

Golfgirl
26th June 2004, 10:39 AM
well at least Adam Scott's back in some sort of form.

A 62 today sees him atop the leaderboard

My main man Hendy is sitting nicely on -4 as well

Fingers crossed that the boys keep the form going through the weekend..... [-o<

Jarro
26th June 2004, 11:32 AM
yeah jarro, but could have been so much better. He was -5 yesterday.

oh well, at least he's there or there abouts :)

JJJ
26th June 2004, 07:12 PM
Avenel has always been kind to the Aussies for some reason. Norman and Appleby have won and others Aussies, Chalmers (pre-DQ) and Hughes have played well there.

JJ

AndyP
27th June 2004, 07:24 AM
1 Adam Scott -4 F -18 66 62 67 - 195
2 Olin Browne E F -12 64 66 71 - 201
T3 Arron Oberholser -3 F -11 69 65 68 - 202
T3 Charles Howell III 1 F -11 61 69 72 - 202
T22 Scott Hend -2 F -6 66 72 69 - 207

Wow! :shock:
He's running away with it. :D

Golfgirl
27th June 2004, 08:49 AM
I only saw the last hole today (sleeping in again :oops: )!!!

Yay!!!! Go Adam Scott - hope he hangs in there tomorrow (which I will actually get out of bed for).... :D

McMw
27th June 2004, 02:28 PM
I'm confident he can hold on for the win tomorrow...

after a 62 in R2, and 8 birdies in R3...the putter is HOT!!!

Fishman Dan
29th June 2004, 08:34 AM
Question beckons though - are they going to be able to hold it through to Sunday?

NOPE!!!

So, Mr McMw... what does humble pie taste like?? :lol:

McMw
29th June 2004, 09:01 AM
FD...I don't think AS was leading after R1...so humble pie yourself!!! :P