PDA

View Full Version : Found: Stronger Iron Shafts

matty
20th April 2013, 11:31 AM
My club fitter pulled the heads off a few of my irons yesterday to increase the weight of them. Found out the tips are all bent in my KBS Tours. Certainly explains a few of the 5 iron shots recently ;) That's the excuse I'm going to run with!

He mentioned it can happen with that shaft for a stronger hitter as they are not as strong in the tip. He suggested DG x100's. the retail cost is crazy. I'm thinking Project X 7.0's, but that is a guess at this stage.

Can anyone who knows about shafts suggest an alternative stronger iron shaft so I have some options, or even better have a set 3-PW or 4-PW of iron shafts around they may be interested in offloading?

Ta.

Hux
20th April 2013, 11:33 AM
Got some kbs your x stiff. 3-pw. Std length. Pulled from cally razr x forged

Hux
20th April 2013, 11:34 AM
Ohhh and they have new decade red and black grips on them

Johnny Canuck
20th April 2013, 11:39 AM
Px 7s would be insanely stiff.

6 are fairly stout, 6.5 very, very stiff.

matty
20th April 2013, 11:46 AM
Px 7s would be insanely stiff.

6 are fairly stout, 6.5 very, very stiff.

Thanks. The 6.5's might be a bit more available on the bay hopefully.

Got some kbs your x stiff. 3-pw. Std length. Pulled from cally razr x forged

Hux, are they tours or c-tapers. Just looking at their website. Couple of different options by the look of it. Just want to be sure exactly what they are. Cost?

Johnny Canuck
20th April 2013, 11:49 AM
How fast do you swing a driver, Matty?

Captain Nemo
20th April 2013, 12:02 PM
Px 7s would be insanely stiff. 6 are fairly stout, 6.5 very, very stiff. Was going to say that 6's are pretty bloody stiff!Prob get them and hard step if possible?

Hux
20th April 2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks. The 6.5's might be a bit more available on the bay hopefully.

Hux, are they tours or c-tapers. Just looking at their website. Couple of different options by the look of it. Just want to be sure exactly what they are. Cost?No not C Tapers. $90 posted to I assume Sydney?

Hux
20th April 2013, 01:23 PM
I've had PX 6.0's and didn't think they were that stiff but not hit 6.5's or 7.0's which I think would be massively stiff.

Johnny Canuck
20th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Was going to say that 6's are pretty bloody stiff!Prob get them and hard step if possible? With Matty's ss, 6.5 is more than reasonable. Makes me look like Yoss off the tee.

matty
20th April 2013, 01:50 PM
No not C Tapers. $90 posted to I assume Sydney?

Yeah, to Sydney. Sounds good Hux. I'll let you know by tomorrow night. Want to see if other options pop up. But first dibs if you get a PM pls ;)

Will possibly go with them again. Know what I'm getting and can look at other stuff over the next 6-12 months.

HCC
20th April 2013, 02:07 PM
Marty I have a set of x100 coming next week, will sell for a good price in mint condition.

Bushka
20th April 2013, 03:18 PM
I use 6.5's at present they are solid but mine are flighted so they get a bit of joy from that as opposed to the rifles. Driver swing would be around 110 to 115 speed wise if that is any help.

Swings like a packet of wild untamed poop tickets however.

mrbluu
20th April 2013, 05:23 PM
I reckon matty could use 7.0 no dramas. ...