Wednesday; NSW with marcel =P~
Thursday; St Michaels with guys from work
Friday; Mac Grange, Precept Challenge, hopefully repeat this week and win
Saturday; Mac Grange, 4B Worst Ball :?
Sunday; Liverpool with Jim, Vince & ?

Guess I will start the new OzGolf year off with a few games. :wink:

Matt 3 Jab
28th November 2005, 08:39 AM
just wondering if the friday mac grange thing is on every week?
i remember playing there a few years ago and likes the course and due to me being on uni holidays and working nights im looking to play in the days whenever i can.

Grunt
28th November 2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah Matt every friday is the Precept challenge $39 with a cart. $40 voucher for best visitor score.

Matt 3 Jab
28th November 2005, 09:12 AM
after a partner most fridays or will i need to book a time for myself?

Grunt
28th November 2005, 09:19 AM
I am going to play friday just not sure what time. I will let you know later in the week. Tee times never fill up.

Grunt
30th November 2005, 11:08 AM
Bloody rain!!! NSW Cancelled :(

Matt 3 Jab
30th November 2005, 11:53 AM
unlucky mate, would have been a good one out there, maybe next time :cry:

Grunt
30th November 2005, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't you know it cancel the game and the thunder and rain stop. The BOM radar of Sydney shows all the rain out to sea and nothing coming from the west. Oh well next time it will be all better.

Must have been an omen at work last night, everything turned to poo as the night progressed. When we got there our night looked good wit h3 aircraft with nothing much wrong with them so a quite night with everything wrapped up by 3 or 4 am. At about 8pm the storms hit, full airport operational shutdown, then at 9pm a 767 engine died so we were hit with an engine change :cry: so our quiet night turned into a very busy one with a very knackered Grunt hitting the sack at 7am this morning.

Oh well there are always 4 other days off to play golf this week. Not back to work until Monday. :lol:

Matt 3 Jab
30th November 2005, 01:29 PM
well good luck, im playing tomoz and its only supposed to rain in the arvo, so get out on course early, insider tip!

Grunt
30th November 2005, 02:16 PM
7:28 @ St Michael's Matt

You want to play Friday morning about 8-9 @ Mac Grange?

Matt 3 Jab
30th November 2005, 03:33 PM
not sure about mac grange yet, low $$ this week and might be getting a wedge, so can i book myself in with you for the following friday, hope for sunny weather and more $$, thanks Grunt.

Grunt
30th November 2005, 09:39 PM
Well my big golf week did not get off to the start I wanted with the weather here in Sydney today, but marcel has promised to organise another day for me to conquer NSW :P

Tomorrows challenge is St Michaels GC, right next door to NSW, can be just a tough in the wind, but lets hope the wind and rain stay away so I can have another good game and get that handicap on it's way to 18 b4 Xmas. :)

Grunt
3rd December 2005, 08:17 PM
Well 3 days into my big week and the game is really hitting it straps with 40 points today. Hopefully the improvement will continue tomorrow @ Liverpool.

Another Big Week planned in my next 5 day break starting on Friday.

Friday 9th: Precept Challenge
Saturday10th: Macarthur Grange Members Day 3 Man ambrose + Presentaion
Sunday 11th: NSW with Marcel
Monday 12th: Bonnie Doon with guys from work
Tuesday 13th: Carnarvon with Andrew,Marcel & Matt

I am going to get to 18  :P

Grunt
4th December 2005, 09:54 AM
Had a WIN @ Mac Grange yesterday WOO HOO \:D/

The handicap is going down my guess of 1.2 off with 40 points.should be down to 20.3. Golflink not updated yet.Will play off 20 today :)

Fishman Dan
4th December 2005, 09:56 AM
Great stuff mate. What's a win at St Michael's earn you?

Gordon update my Golflink immediately, so i already know i'll be playing off 15.8 for the third week in a row! It's gone up .1 in nearly 2 months! :shock:

Golfgirl
4th December 2005, 10:21 AM
Well 3 days into my big week and the game is really hitting it straps with 40 points today. Hopefully the improvement will continue tomorrow @ Liverpool.

Another Big Week planned in my next 5 day break starting on Friday.

Friday 9th: Precept Challenge
Saturday10th: Macarthur Grange Members Day 3 Man ambrose + Presentaion
Sunday 11th: NSW with Marcel
Monday 12th: Bonnie Doon with guys from work

Sounds like a fantastic week, Grant, I hope you keep smashing that handicap.....

Grunt
4th December 2005, 10:24 AM
Great stuff mate. What's a win at St Michael's earn you?

Dan, I did see that the prize was $60 voucher for St Michael's though not to bad if you can beat the course though. Maybe next time.

marcel
4th December 2005, 03:53 PM

Well done, but here's the dilemma, does one try and draw you for a partner on Tuesday or have you peaked :wink:

Andrew
4th December 2005, 04:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing myself. As I am the one booking, what order do I book the names :-k

marcel
4th December 2005, 07:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing myself. As I am the one booking, what order do I book the names :-k

As always, left B4 right!!

Actually there are all sort of descending orders you could try; weight, age, handicap, car size, #'s of wedges...................

Grunt
4th December 2005, 07:37 PM
Well the big golf week ended with a poor finish 26 points today at liverpool, see my post in how you played this week thread for more details. :(

Grunt
5th December 2005, 07:03 PM
Well after my golf week I got the handicap to 20 only just 20.4 so I am only 1 bad game from 21 but also I am only a few good games from 18 :lol:

Bring on Big Week 2

Friday; Mac Grange Precept Challenge
Saturday; Mac Grange Ambrose
Sunday; NSW with marcel
Monday; Bonnie Doon with work mates
Tuesday; Carnavon with Andrew, Matt & marcel.

If I am good enough I hope I can get through this with a nett loss in the handicap figures.

Trung
5th December 2005, 07:40 PM
good luck grant.. :D

Grunt
11th December 2005, 07:00 AM
Mid way through Big Golf Week 2 with handicap down to 19.6 :lol: Off to play NSW with marcel & Jim this morning :)

Week so Far

Friday; Mac Grange Precept Challenge 38 points 3rd
Saturday; Mac Grange 3 Man Ambrose 66 gross , 56 2/3 nett 2nd
Sunday; NSW ?
Monday; Bonnie Doon ?
Tuesday; Carnarvon ?

Trung
11th December 2005, 01:02 PM
Tuesday; Carnarvon ?

greens have just been cored (again)... :?

Grunt
11th December 2005, 04:46 PM
Week so Far

Friday; Mac Grange Precept Challenge 38 points 3rd
Saturday; Mac Grange 3 Man Ambrose 66 gross , 56 2/3 nett 2nd
Sunday; NSW 37 points
Monday; Bonnie Doon ?
Tuesday; Carnarvon ?

Wow what a day, 2 birdies :lol: , multiple pars 4 wipes :roll: Best sand sand I have ever hit on the 3rd for a par save. Everything that is written about NSW is true, the greatest golf course I have ever played.

On the way there Jim & I were talking about what to expect and both of us said that leaving NSW with 30 points would be a sucess. So to shoot 37 was great, but unfortunatly it could have been way better, I was 5 over off the stick on the front nine. Back nine started off ok but at 15 I crashed to go wipe, wipe, birdie, wipe.

I took away some great things from the day, putting with my 2 i-wood works :) Putting on faster greens works for me, if i keep my tempo I play great golf.

Plenty of highlights, some lowlights but on the whole a great golf day and I am not sure I can ever thank Terry for the invite to his great golf course.
Thanks Terry, Jim & Peter (Terry's Mate) for a great golf day.

Grunt
12th December 2005, 09:46 PM
Bonnie Doon 2day, one of my worst ever games of golf, very dejected at the finish with a pitiful 16 points. Funny thing is I did not hit the ball that bad, it was when I did hit it bad I got punished. For a fade/slice player it was so hard watching shots go left, I was hitting draws/pulls all day, is that a good thing?

Oh well to play good you have to play bad some days, maybe Carnarvon will treat me better tomorrow.

On the course side of things Bonnie Doon was a let down I was expecting soo much more 2 holes out of play (4 & 5) & the 11th split in to a par 4 & par 3 instead of a par 5, with spare holes making up the gaps.

AndyP
13th December 2005, 12:11 AM
On the course side of things Bonnie Doon was a let down I was expecting soo much more 2 holes out of play (4 & 5) & the 11th split in to a par 4 & par 3 instead of a par 5, with spare holes making up the gaps.
If you are looking for someone to blame, send golfer69 an abusive PM. It's probably his mob behind the changes.

Congrats on the 16 points, I'm proud of you.

Grunt
13th December 2005, 01:34 PM
Well I think 5 games in 5 days may be too much golf for my swing, I would love to find excuses but I just played poorly over the past 2 days.I played that badly in the final 2 games that I only scored 37 points combining both rounds :oops:
But hey there were some highs
Playing NSW :)
Playing the front 9 of NSW in 4 over off the stick :)

And some lows
Playing poorly from the 14th tee @ NSW to the 18th Green @ Carnarvon (no real highlights in between that)

No doubt I will try it again but I might back off the golf a little and only play 3 times a week from now on :wink: