PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of a good sleep !!!!

3oneday
27th November 2005, 06:58 AM
Well, got up to see the end of the Aust Wales rugby test, maybe that will be enough to see Eddie and friends out the door !!!

Then, the Australian New Zealand league test..... if that is not the WORST performance by an Australian league team in 25 years I would be very surprised !!!

Disgusting performance, no heart, no interest, no desire :x . Obviously turned up thinking they just needed to turn up !!!

Credit to New Zealand ??? maybe, but when I gave up the error count was one thing Australia were winning, 15-3 !!!!!

:? :x

Fishman Dan
27th November 2005, 08:48 AM
I didn't bother.... what was the final score? I think the whole League tri-nations drags on a bit. After all, we're into the 3rd test.

But it was said before - funny what happens when have a team of the highest paid players from the worst teams in the comp. While we're out for coaches to be sacked, line up Bennett with Jones and Buchanan!

3oneday
27th November 2005, 01:38 PM
I didn't bother.... what was the final score?24 zip

Fishman Dan
27th November 2005, 07:48 PM
I take offense to Bennett's quote..

"We've been on top of the world for so long, it happened to happen eventually"

No it didn't? How many coach rev-ups end with "Oh, and if we do lose, don't worry about it. Now, go out there and give it your best..."

Jarro
27th November 2005, 08:13 PM
you were right Pete, that was absolutely the worst performance by a kangaroo side ever :evil:

damoocow
27th November 2005, 10:24 PM
Watched this game tonight...........an excellent result !! - NZ were just outstanding and made Australia look like the tired has beens they are........time for a new broom to sweep the old losers from the Australian side.

damoocow

Virgal_Tracy
29th November 2005, 11:57 AM
Regardless of the loss which was beyond poor, I hope that the performance of Minichello finally stops those people saying that they should stick lockyer back to fullback.

lockyer may well have been the best fullback some years ago, but Minichello keeps proving the recent Golden boot Award as the best player in the world. When was the last time that you saw him have a bad game?

( Didn't watch the final so if he had a poor game then shame on me)

drunken
29th November 2005, 09:33 PM
Regardless of the loss which was beyond poor, I hope that the performance of Minichello finally stops those people saying that they should stick lockyer back to fullback.

lockyer may well have been the best fullback some years ago, but Minichello keeps proving the recent Golden boot Award as the best player in the world. When was the last time that you saw him have a bad game?

( Didn't watch the final so if he had a poor game then shame on me)

I just wish he'd learn how to pass the ball a bit more often. The majority of his passes are hospital balls, and when he does throw a pass on a break its either forward, or it gets dropped because its so poor, combined with the fact that his teammates aren't expecting him to pass it coz hes such a bloody hog.

Jarro
9th December 2005, 08:35 PM
While we're out for coaches to be sacked, line up Bennett with Jones and Buchanan!

.. seems you got your wish Fishy.

WB resigned as national coach this afternoon. Wonder if Whinging Ricky will get the gig :?:

3oneday
9th December 2005, 10:57 PM
WB resigned as national coach this afternoon. Wonder if Whinging Ricky will get the gig  :?:really ??? must wanna focus on just stuffing the Broncos season then ???

:lol:  :lol:

Fishman Dan
10th December 2005, 07:28 AM
He had to go. He didn't look too well either. He doesn't look too good at the best of times however...

Jarro
10th December 2005, 09:42 AM
He had to go

Why :?:

I think the general consensus amongst those in the know at NRL headquarters was that he was the best man for the job. So we lost for the first time in god knows how long ..... it's not the end of the world.... in fact it's probably good for the game.

Fishman Dan
11th December 2005, 08:34 AM
Because he said "We had to lose sometime"

1. No coach, player or team member of any sport should ever concede the view that they are ultimately going to lose a game. Players should been in the mindset (especially when you are the No. 1 team in the world) that you will NEVER lose... even if you don't believe it.

2. Avoiding the press in his position as the Australian Coach. It comes with the territory. One of the roles is to deal with the press, one way or the other.

I heard him on radio yesterday having a whinge that "When we won, there was no press, but when we lose they all want to have a dig".. and called it "Double-standards". I haven't heard so much whinging since the Pro Shop was a fun place to post in.

He dug his own grave through terrible player selection and poor coaching (how did he get the job in the first place??). If he thinks he dodged a bullet by resigning, then he has to know he was going to get the ar$e anyway.

Moe Norman
11th December 2005, 06:01 PM
i don't like the idea of having a club coach as the national coach - no matter how you look at it, there is always going to be a little bit of bias in selection. In WB's case ALOT.

Jarro
12th December 2005, 07:25 AM
well rumour has it the Ricky Stuart is the hot favourite to replace Wayne Bennett as national coach.

i suppose that means Gus Gould would really be running the show then.

3oneday
12th December 2005, 07:42 AM
well rumour has it the Ricky Stuart is the hot favourite to replace Wayne Bennett as national coach.

i suppose that means Gus Gould would really be running the show then.I don't think so somehow, Gus is losing friends faster than a Ho with warts :shock: , Ricky is his own man.

Go Chris Anderson !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Jarro
12th December 2005, 10:43 AM
Ricky is his own man.

yeah right :roll:

can't see Chris Anderson getting the job back, he's kinda been outta the loop for a while now. I'd like to see someone from left field get picked .... like Craig Bellamy ... i reckon he'd go OK.

AndyP
12th December 2005, 10:56 AM
Sir Clive Woodward can coach anything, can't he?

Jarro
22nd December 2005, 06:19 PM
found this an interesting read :wink:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17641276-32462,00.html